PDA

View Full Version : Because of the Spurs...

usckk
02-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm failing all my classes in high school. Because I have five Advanced Placement (AP) classes, school is extremely difficult and time consuming. However, I have disregarded that because I cannot stop going to Spurs forums and watching their games. Before this year, I have been completly studious and finish all my homework, but this year, however, I find my self not doing any homework at all because I spend so much time with Spurs related things. It's funny to see how confused my schoolmates are when my class rank dropped from 1 to 20 this year. Haha.

Does anyone else share my problem of being distracted by the Spurs? or Spending to much time watching the Spurs play or reading Spurs forums?

Clandestino
02-10-2005, 06:58 PM
you better chill out man! 1 to 20! ouch!

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-10-2005, 07:02 PM
High school is overrated.

No one ever amounted to anything simply by graduating from high school.

Drop out and see the world. You can always go to high school, but the NBA season only lasts nine and a half months of the year.

usckk
02-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Haha yep. I think I spend almost the entire day on Spurs forums, except when I'm in school of course.

usckk
02-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Haha Jones. I wish it's that simple.

T Park
02-10-2005, 07:03 PM
I like this forum as much as the next person.

But i dont let it distract me from business or whats important.

Priorities need to be lined up better.

Kori would be the first to tell you this is entertainment, not something she would hope would hurt someone's grades, job, or life.

rl64tx
02-10-2005, 07:04 PM
It's funny to see how confused my schoolmates are when my class rank dropped from 1 to 20 this year. Haha.

And you find this funny??? Wake up man!!! :fro

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Forums are addicting. But seriously if Spurs/Spurs forums are hurting your grades, you need to set a time limit for yourself each day. You stay up very late on the forum, you should probably give yourself as self-imposed curfew.

usckk
02-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Alright. You all convinced me. I will not read or post another thread until I finish my homework. :(

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah and if I see you here on a school night after midnight, I'm going to call your mom!!

:)

bigzak25
02-10-2005, 07:09 PM
dude...even bruce kicks ass at school...and he's playing the fkn games....get your head out....#1 in class looks much better on the college application....unless you already got accepted somewhere and are coasting......in that case....skool is ovradet...as u wurrrr... :smokin

Shelly
02-10-2005, 07:10 PM
I say ban him until summer vacation :p

Clandestino
02-10-2005, 07:11 PM
college is going to blow you away unless you learn to discipline yourself.. especially if you are so distracted by just a message board...

SpursWoman
02-10-2005, 07:30 PM
I say ban him until summer vacation :p

Or how about, post your grades (and I mean a scan of the REAL THING) ... and if you're really good, we'll give you a treat! :p

N.Y. Johnny
02-10-2005, 07:39 PM
GO TO SCHOOL YOung one!!!!

keep your nose to the grindstone and pass your classes! don't be like me and flunk out of Law School :pctoss

Women and Jim Beam did me in, i guess they're worse than Message Boards?

Faccia di Angelo
02-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Yeah definitely. Its great to hang out in here but its not worth your grades dropping. I know I was addicted there for awhile and I've learned to pull away, cause all I ever wanted to do was be in front of the computer not missing out on anything and its not healthy. I didn't want to be at school or work and it interfered with things. Focus on school and get yourself prioritized like Tpark said! We'll still be here. :)

Oh yeah, but guys when I'm gone please don't post anything that way I don't fall behind...hehe

ALVAREZ6
02-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Does anyone else share my problem of being distracted by the Spurs? or Spending to much time watching the Spurs play or reading Spurs forums?
Yes, I do.

I hate school.

It really pisses me off when TNT shows a Spurs game on thursday night on a Spurs west coast trip game.

The game starts 10 or 10:30 Eastern Time ( I don't live in SA ).
Then I have a decision, whether to watch the Spurs and sleep during classes, or just not watch.

Whenever I decide to watch, nothing happens.

But when I decide to stop watching, I always miss something huge, or a really nice play by Manu.

I'm just glad I watched the Phoenix game, it ended at 1:00 in the morning.

Hook Dem
02-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Nice avatar ZAK

Spurgal
02-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah and if I see you here on a school night after midnight, I'm going to call your mom!!

:)

:spin Yeah! Remember that first things first... An education Is very Important.

mouse
02-11-2005, 12:17 AM
The secret is, find a way to combine the two, You can pick a subject and see how it relates to the spurs and the games they play.

If you like hanging out in the forums? Make sure you post what subject or question you are doing at the time. Others here who are familiar with the subject or questions will post there answers and by this you get to talk spurs and they get to help tooter you and many here may feel important also as they don't want to feel they spend to much of there lives at a forum. You go back to the topic you started write down the correct answer and go from there.

If for any reason you have to answer to someone about your grades? Make sure you tell them that you might not have the best scores but your time is not wasted in a Gang, or out doing drugs, Your low grades where the results of supporting your favorite NBA Team, And dare them to tell you correctly how many Rebounds Tim Duncan had playing the Nets on Friday,

As for me I am a bad example I never did finish high school, but I am popular at a few websites, So I guess it was worth it.
look how I live today...

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/a-4.jpg

JoeChalupa
02-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Keep you nose in the books.
Your attitude and aptitude will determine you altitude!

SPARKY
02-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Funny. When I was in grad school I had the same problem of being distracted though it really didn't affect my grades. I did stop posting for like half a year or so when I first started it.

This damn internets is too easy to open up and use. Being that I have a PC staring me in the face at the office the temptation is always there.

Sounds like you have the same problem. Cut it off if it is affecting your class rank and your AP classes. Trust me, those AP exams are worthwhile, they can cut down the load of BS classes you have to take when you start college.

Leave the excessive posting in this forum to us old bastards.

Flea
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Do your parents know the cause for the drop in your grades and do they know how much time you spend on the forum?

EmerilLagasse
02-11-2005, 08:51 PM
If I were your parent, one look at those slipping grades and BAM! you'd be off the internet in a heart beat.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2005, 11:22 PM
If I were your parent, one look at those slipping grades and BAM! you'd be off the internet in a heart beat.
I would run away...

Spurs_rock05
02-12-2005, 12:59 AM
[/QUOTE]Keep you nose in the books.
Your attitude and aptitude will determine you altitude!

I would run away...[QUOTE]

i agree with alvarez i would run away far far away from youemeril.

hey don't let your grades drop because of the site what would spurs say bout dat?
look at bruce he goes to utsa and play b-ball but its a whole other storie he play ball and has $$$$$ school is there to help you become someone so hit da books and learn