PDA

View Full Version : If this is true about WHO hacked Palin's email...

101A
09-19-2008, 08:05 AM
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/sep/18/tennessean-state-reps-son-contacted-palin-e-mail-p/

I KNOW he's only a state-rep, and that it was his son, but the fact that he is an elected official with a "D" after his name could make this relative non-story, a relatively big story, with the McCain campaign trying to win sympathy for Palin.

State rep says son focus of Palin e-mail hacking rumors

News Sentinel staff and wire
Originally published 04:53 p.m., September 18, 2008
Updated 05:54 p.m., September 18, 2008
NASHVILLE - State Rep. Mike Kernell said today that he was aware of Internet rumors about his son being the subject of speculation that he accessed the personal e-mail of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
Asked whether he or his son, a student at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, had been contacted by authorities investigating the break-in of Palin's account, he responded:
"Me, no."
As far as his 20-year-old son, David, he said: "I can't say. That doesn't mean he has or hasn't (been contacted by investigators)."
Kernell, D-Memphis, cited the father-son relationship.
He said he had talked to his son today, but that he talks to his son regularly.
He declined further comment.
Attempts to reach the younger Kernell for comment were not successful.
The FBI and the Secret Service started a formal investigation Wednesday into the hacking, according to the Associated Press.
A first-hand account reported by the Associated Press suggested her account was vulnerable because a hacker was able to impersonate her online and obtain her passord.
The alleged hacker, using the e-mail address [email protected], posted Wednesday to a forum on the website 4chan about how he used Yahoo! Mail's password-recovery tool to obtain the Alaska's governor password.
"i am the lurker who did it, and i would like to tell the story," [email protected] wrote.
The hacker guessed that Alaska's governor had met her husband in high school, and knew the Republican vice presidential candidate's date of birth and home Zip code, the Associated Press reported.
Using those details, the hacker tricked Yahoo Inc.'s service into assigning a new password, "popcorn," for Palin's e-mail account, according to a chronology of the crime published on the Web site where the hacking was first revealed.
Yahoo declined to comment today on details of the investigation, citing Palin's privacy and the sensitivity of such investigations, according to the Associated Press.
The person who claimed responsibility for the break-in did not respond Thursday to an e-mail inquiry from the Associated Press.
The break-in of Palin's private account is especially significant because Palin sometimes uses non-government e-mail to conduct state business. the Associated Press reported.
The Associated Press and Commercial Appeal of Memphis contributed to this story.
More details as they develop online and in Friday's News Sentinel.

ploto
09-19-2008, 09:18 AM
So if the parent is somehow accountable for what this child did- does not that make Sarah accountable for her pregnant child?

101A
09-19-2008, 09:20 AM
So if the parent is somehow accountable for what this child did- does not that make Sarah accountable for her pregnant child?

I didn't say the parent was accountable; not starting the debate on whether it's right that this will be an issue, just that it WILL be an issue.

Then again, the Obama campaign is not making a big deal about what was found in the email's. All candidates might want this to die. Maybe NONE want private emails scrutinized.

Spurminator
09-19-2008, 09:21 AM

You don't see the difference here?

Wow.

ploto
09-19-2008, 09:41 AM
If this child chose on his own to do this, it does not matter who his parent is. He alone is accountable for his own actions.

You can not pick and chose when a parent becomes responsible for the actions of the child.

johnsmith
09-19-2008, 09:43 AM
LMAO. The libs blame Palin for her kid, but won't blame this guy for his kid.

This election is funny.

Oh, Gee!!
09-19-2008, 09:47 AM
20 y.o. away at college is diff than 17 y.o. living at home. but who cares really?

PixelPusher
09-19-2008, 09:51 AM

This election is funny.

You no read good.

That's a rhetorical question, designed to tease out conservative double standards.

KenMcCoy
09-19-2008, 09:56 AM
If this turns out to be true this goes to a larger issue of the Dems in office having their kids break the law for their own political mission...

Lawmaker's son, 4 others charged in tire slashing
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The sons of a first-term congresswoman and Milwaukee's former acting mayor were among five Democratic activists charged Monday with slashing the tires of vans rented by Republicans to drive voters and monitors to the polls on Election Day.
Sowande Omokunde, son of Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., and Michael Pratt, the son of former Milwaukee acting mayor Marvin Pratt, were among those charged with criminal damage to property, a felony that carries a maximum punishment of 3½ years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
The activists are accused of flattening the tires on 25 vehicles rented by the state Republican Party to get out the vote and deliver poll watchers Nov. 2.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-01-24-tires-slashed_x.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-01-24-tires-slashed_x.htm)

Once is a coincidence, anything after that you have to start questioning who is really behind it.

Spurminator
09-19-2008, 10:08 AM
If this child chose on his own to do this, it does not matter who his parent is. He alone is accountable for his own actions.

You can not pick and chose when a parent becomes responsible for the actions of the child.

But given the affiliation of his father, it is worth a few questions to make sure the son acted alone.

If he did, great. Issue resolved. There is probably nothing to this, but it's worth checking out.

And don't take any of this to mean I care one way or the other. I just think the comparison is not valid at this point.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-19-2008, 10:10 AM
So if the parent is somehow accountable for what this child did- does not that make Sarah accountable for her pregnant child?the same as obamessiah's mom when he was a drug addict.

johnsmith
09-19-2008, 10:22 AM
You no read good.

That's a rhetorical question, designed to tease out conservative double standards.

I read it just fine. You guys have been going on and on about how Palin is to blame for her kid and then you won't acknowledge any blame for this. I understand the rhetorical part, but I also understand the hypocritical part as well.

This whole fucking election is nothing but a big giant fat Tpark sized tub of hypocrisy.

DarkReign
09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
the same as obamessiah's mom when he was a drug addict.

Yes exactly. I completely agree, neither has anything to do with the politician in question (Obama, Palin or WhothefuckDemocrat).

This whole fucking election is nothing but a big giant fat Tpark sized tub of hypocrisy.

While I agree completely, I cant name one election for any public office that isnt. So this is just par for the course.

Also, when you say "you guys keep saying", are you talking about specific members here or the liberal media?

whottt
09-19-2008, 10:26 AM
You don't see the difference here?

Wow.

There is a direct correlation between being lib and twisted moral equivalencies.

That's a "No" btw.

Ocotillo
09-19-2008, 10:28 AM
All candidates might want this to die. Maybe NONE want private emails scrutinized.

Privacy, hmmmmm, there's a novel concept.

But then again, Uncle W may need to see those hence the new FISA bill

Tully365
09-19-2008, 04:11 PM
It seems pretty obvious reading the news every day that misbehaving teenagers, sex scandals, marriage problems, etc., are well distributed among all political figures, regardless of party affiliation.

Anti.Hero
09-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Quite honestly, the only thing I get from this debacle is how stupid Palin could have been to have her security question public knowledge. Public knowledge that she was using to campaign on.

JoeChalupa
09-19-2008, 04:20 PM

This election is funny.

Not all libs do so don't make assumptions.

TheMadHatter
09-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Nobody cares. Trust me, this is a non-issue.

If there was something juicy in her email account then maybe it might play, but her handlers long deleted any hint of an incriminating email.