PDA

View Full Version : Any Keyboard Players?... I need help!!

PakiDan
09-19-2008, 02:00 PM
I have a Yamaha Portable Grand with USB connections and card slots and I want to learn ow to sample from a laptop. Anyone know how to use this or what programs I can use?? Please help! Thanks!

Viva Las Espuelas
09-19-2008, 02:11 PM
well first of all you wont hear the samples you're triggering from your laptop out of the keyboard's speakers unless you have a send that goes back to the keyboard, but honestly i wouldn't do that. just make sure the midi in the board is on and set up whatever program you're running on your laptop to recognize the incoming midi signal from the board.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2008, 10:14 AM
so what ever happened with this, paki?

remingtonbo2001
10-03-2008, 10:22 AM
If it's USB he can go through external speakers connected through his laptop.

Well, it also depends if he's running on ASIO, which he should be. You might want a external interface....

You know what go with the samples.

IMO, the user interface with a variety of programs to choose from would be more pleasing to the ears. I guess it depends what you're trying to do.

Heath Ledger
10-03-2008, 04:58 PM
mix craft, fruity loops, logic all have what your looking for i believe. personally i would go mac if you want lots of great music apps.

I. Hustle
10-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Don't listen to Viva he only plays the skin flute.

PakiDan
10-04-2008, 01:04 PM
mix craft, fruity loops, logic all have what your looking for i believe. personally i would go mac if you want lots of great music apps.

Thanks Bo and Heath!

E20
10-04-2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.synthesiagame.com/

I use this to learn songs on the piano. It teaches you how to play any song as long as you can find it in MIDI format, it's basically a piano clone of Guitar Hero, they tell you all the notes and everything to play and it is Keyboard compatible so you can hook up your keyboard and try to follow along. I've learned a bunch of pieces, from TV shows, Video Games to classical. If you play around with it for a a 10-15 minutes you should get the hang of it.