PDA

View Full Version : are u unemployed?

bwdizzle
09-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Jobless rate jumps to five-year high
of 6.1 percent in August; and it will go "higher."
payrolls cut by 84,000 ...
but I'll use your money to http://pushhamburger.com/need%20a%20job.gifbail out corporate thieves
who are hiring illegals that are lowering your pay scale.

SnakeBoy
09-20-2008, 03:11 AM
Nope. $225K per year, mortgage will be paid off in January (only took 8 years yippee), no other debts, no kids, and Obama is going to give me a tax cut. Life is good.

Creepn
09-20-2008, 03:12 AM
nice.

fyatuk
09-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Nope, just got a promotion and decent pay raise in July.

Not sure what your point is anyway, other than general complaining, since both parties are on board with the bailouts apparently. Our unemployment is like 2/3rds of Europe's average, though we probably do have a higher underemployment rate.

SpursFanFirst
09-20-2008, 11:11 AM
No. I have a good job with good pay.

KenMcCoy
09-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Nope...and I work my ass off to make sure it stays that way.

medstudent
09-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes.

KenMcCoy
09-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Medstudent...if you are truly a student I don't think you qualify as unemployed.

(8) Students, homemakers and others mainly engaged in non-economic activities during the reference period, who
at the same time were in paid employment or self-employment as defined in subparagraph (1) above should be considered as
employed on the same basis as other categories of employed persons and be identified separately, where possible.

10. (1) The "unemployed" comprise all persons above a specified age who during the reference period were:
(a) "without work", i.e. were not in paid employment or self-employment as defined in paragraph 9;
(b) "currently available for work", i.e. were available for paid employment or self-employment during the reference period;
and
(c) "seeking work", i.e. had taken specific steps in a specified recent period to seek paid employment or self-employment.
The specific steps may include registration at a public or private employment exchange; application to employers;
checking at worksites, farms, factory gates, market or other assembly places; placing or answering newspaper
advertisements; seeking assistance of friends or relatives; looking for land, building, machinery or equipment to establish
own enterprise; arranging for financial resources; applying for permits and licences, etc.

http://www.ilo.org/public/english/bureau/stat/download/res/ecacpop.pdf

Edit: Added section 8

Oh, Gee!!
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I'd probably make more money if I was unemployed.

Mr. Peabody
09-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I'd probably make more money if I was unemployed.

You'd have more write-offs and that's the key.

Oh, Gee!!
09-20-2008, 03:17 PM
You'd have more write-offs and that's the key.

plus all the cheese I could eat