PDA

View Full Version : Nash & Co.on Skills Challenge

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Nash of Suns will be joined by

Arenas- Wizards
Boykins-Nuggets
Ridnour-Sonics

hmmn, :rolleyes no TP (that's okay, he can go to Vegas), but no Marbury?

okay, i'll keep my mouth shut on this one.

But who's your favorite to win?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Tony declined the invite

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Tony declined the invite
...really?
where did you hear that? :depressed

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-10-2005, 10:04 PM
i read he would only participate if he made the allstar team

Kori Ellis
02-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Arenas, Boykins, Nash and Ridnour to Compete in PlayStation Skills Challenge

NEW YORK, February 10 – NBA All-Stars Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards and Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns highlight the field of participants in the PlayStation® Skills Challenge. The event will be held on NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online, February 19 at Pepsi Center in Denver, CO.
The PlayStation Skills Challenge, launched at 2003 NBA All-Star in Atlanta, is a contest highlighting the NBA’s top point guards. It features players competing in a two-round timed “obstacle course” event consisting of dribbling, passing and shooting stations. In addition to Nash and Arenas, Earl Boykins of the host Denver Nuggets and Luke Ridnour of the Seattle SuperSonics will participate.

The contestants in the PlayStation Skills Challenge will be competing for $50,000 in prize money, with $25,000 going to the winner. Second place is worth $15,000, while third and fourth place will receive $5,000 each.

Nash, a three-time All-Star, leads the league in assists this season averaging 11.3 and has led the Suns to a league-best 39-11 record thus far. Arenas, making his first All-Star appearance, ranks in the top 10 of the NBA in three-point field goals made (fourth), steals per game (seventh), minutes per game (seventh), points per game (eighth) and free throws made (ninth). Boykins, the NBA’s shortest player standing at 5’5”, has posted his best season to date this year averaging career-highs in points (11.6), assists (3.7) and minutes (25.5). Ridnour, in his second NBA season, stepped into the starting point guard position for the Sonics this year and averages 10.2 points, 6.2 assists and ranks sixth in the league in assist to turnover ratio (3.65).

The PlayStation Skills Challenge will be televised live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online and will also feature the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk and RadioShack Shooting Stars. NBA All-Star Saturday Night will be televised live nationally on TNT in the United States and on Rogers Sportsnet in Canada at 6 p.m. MT/ 8 p.m. ET. Live audio broadcasts are available on ESPN Radio and on NBA.com in multiple languages.

About Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation and PS one™ game console, and the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. The PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system is set to revolutionize the home entertainment market, offering the most compelling interactive content and the capability to be used as a network terminal in the coming broadband era.

Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets and distributes software for the PS one game console and the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system for the North American market. Based in Foster City, Calif. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

ALVAREZ6
02-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Looks like they are gonna try their hearts out for the money they're winning...

Why even bother paying them...

GoSpurs21
02-10-2005, 10:46 PM
i read he would only participate if he made the allstar teamI read the same thing. I think it was from Tony's website. I agree with Tony's decision. Why bother making the trip just for that competition. Hopefully, $tern wont hold Tony's decline against him.

NZHayden
02-10-2005, 10:50 PM
i think they should donate the $$ they make to some kind of charity or something cause they make a hell of alot of money as it is

T Park
02-10-2005, 10:53 PM
i think they should donate the $$ they make

I think they keep the money.

Why not?? Its a bad thing they make money they should give up money they earn by winning??

Wonderfull thinking. THEY DONT NEED MONEY!! THEY MAKE ENOUGH!!!

Who are you to tell someone "They make enough"

exstatic
02-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Who are you to tell someone "They make enough"
Someone who doesn't make as much as they do.

T Park
02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Of course.

That makes it right. :rolleyes

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 11:33 PM
i don't want to make another thread...

just read this,

this one is a good All-Star column...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jack_mccallum/02/10/all.stars/index.html

i remember Manu's comment while playing for the rookie/soph in the ASG last yr."they play No defense there, ". And you cannot count the dunks/alleyoops James& anthony had...

that will change now,Pops is here.... :oops

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-10-2005, 11:42 PM
dont expect pop to coach it all that tough, allstar game is mainly fun and if its close in the 4th it will get competitive

milkyway21
02-10-2005, 11:50 PM
hey that sentence Dirk shld start over KG? ...why would anyone ever think of that?

& "no argument on Duncan though..there NEVER is..."makes me :elephant

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2005, 12:07 AM
25K? Why bother?

I'll be rooting for the lil' guy though, go Boykins!

milkyway21
02-11-2005, 12:43 AM
boykins, too or Luke...

that lil'l man placed 3rd last yr. this might be his yr.

T Park
02-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Luke Ridenour has a great shot at winning it.

milkyway21
02-11-2005, 02:00 AM
in 2002 Dirk Nowitzki showed up at the ASG w/ a new haircut...

you think Nash would this yr, too? Man, his long hair has become irritating to see. sorry Suns fans...

nzkickass
02-11-2005, 03:24 AM
T Park is a fucking wanker.

NBA players make a shit load of money - too much, it's so insane the money they make.

Gerryatrics
02-11-2005, 04:40 AM
I'm pulling for Ridnour. I like Boykins too, and if anyone deserves to win it it's Nash, but I have to go for local boy Luuuuuuuuuke.