PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Iraq!

SKINNYPIMP210
09-20-2008, 05:15 AM
I'm sooo glad these government computers allow me to get onto Spurstalk because they usually filter out most sites that arent so called "Mission related." I'm deployed here for a couple of months now so I will miss the first half of the season. I just wanted to thank Spurstalk in advance because I know mostly any and all info I need about my Spurs I can find here. Well guys keep posting and I can't wait to get back and watch a game! :toast
:flag: :lobt2:

freemeat
09-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Are you military?

If so, you got a lotta love from Texas.

Brutalis
09-20-2008, 06:11 AM
Stay safe dude :tu

m33p0
09-20-2008, 06:38 AM
you'll get alot of "Mission retarded" posts regarding FO moves.

mrspurs
09-20-2008, 07:40 AM
From an ex-Military to you...........Shoot first ask questions later......Come home safe and God Bless............. Go Spurs Go

SKINNYPIMP210
09-20-2008, 07:40 AM
you'll get alot of "Mission retarded" posts regarding FO moves.

LMFAO!!! Yeah I'm excited to see the new guys this year, but I know it's going to be a rocky ride so to speak. So in a way I'm happy to be watching them half way through the season. Hopefully by then the team will have worked out all the kinks.....or not.

All in all though it's still good to be a Spurs fan. Especially since my football team is the Dolphins....................:bang

SKINNYPIMP210
09-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Are you military?

If so, you got a lotta love from Texas.

Yes sir I've been in 6 years now. This is my third time being deployed, however my first "vacation" to Iraq. lol

urunobili
09-20-2008, 07:54 AM
all the best man! i am sure checking stuff on here will feel like home all the time!

SKINNYPIMP210
09-20-2008, 08:22 AM
all the best man! i am sure checking stuff on here will feel like home all the time!

Preciate it man! Yeah even when I'm in the states I lurk here all day, I don't post much but I always swing throught to get a little taste of back home. I'm stationed out of Ft. Walton Beach, FL right now so I always come here to get the inside info.

ICE3000
09-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Ill be heading there around the first week of october... when i was there in 05 i watched my spurs win the title in the gym

dbestpro
09-20-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm sooo glad these government computers allow me to get onto Spurstalk because they usually filter out most sites that arent so called "Mission related." I'm deployed here for a couple of months now so I will miss the first half of the season. I just wanted to thank Spurstalk in advance because I know mostly any and all info I need about my Spurs I can find here. Well guys keep posting and I can't wait to get back and watch a game! :toast

Thank you for serving.

Kamnik
09-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Stay safe man. Good luck.

wijayas
09-20-2008, 09:22 AM

Good to have you on the board! Stay safe!
When are you coming home!

Big P
09-20-2008, 09:52 AM

Stay safe and Thank You!

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-20-2008, 09:56 AM
You have my respect & appreciation. Thank you for serving and for god's sake just get home safe!

:toast:toast:toast "Here's to those, and those just like us.":toast:toast:toast

SKINNYPIMP210
09-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Good to have you on the board! Stay safe!
When are you coming home!

Thank you to all!

I should be coming back around early Jan. I'm going to try and make a trip back home to SA while I'm on leave. Where is the best place to watch a game now?

duncan228
09-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Thank you.

You'll stay in our thoughts. Keep safe. We'll hold the fort down here for you and make sure all the info you need, and then some, is in one place for you.

ehz33satx
09-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you to all!

I should be coming back around early Jan. I'm going to try and make a trip back home to SA while I'm on leave. Where is the best place to watch a game now?

Tickets sports bar downtown S.A. on the corner of Houston and Broadway. They have 5 flat screens all around the bar. Steaks on game night. Not a bad crowd.

Solid D
09-20-2008, 01:00 PM
You guys are in our prayers. Thanks for being there! Check in when you can.

angel_luv
09-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Come home safe and God Bless............. Go Spurs Go

Ditto. :)

SKINNYPIMP210
09-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Thank you to all! That's one of the best things about being in the Military is the support we get from people all over the world. You wouldn't believe the amount of care packages we have here! Even when we stopped in Ireland on our way here folks there were thanking us and giving us thier support. It's awesome!

It's funny cause I'm here we a bunch of other Firefighters from Mass so they are always talking shit that the Celtics are the champs. It's fine, I told them we let them borrow the championship for one year!
:flag:

Darkwaters
09-20-2008, 07:45 PM
From a fellow serviceman, take care man. I PCS soon and my next unit just got back from Afghanistan. But I imagine I'll be in the sandbox soon enough myself regardless.

SpursFanFirst
09-20-2008, 07:54 PM

Stay safe, and thanks for all you do for this country! :toast

CubanMustGo
09-20-2008, 08:36 PM
For you, sir:

http://www.cartwilliams.com/archives/patton.jpg

samikeyp
09-20-2008, 08:56 PM
You guys are in our prayers. Thanks for being there! Check in when you can.

+10!!! :toast

manufor3
09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Stay safe dude :tu

Kori Ellis
09-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks for your service and stay safe. I'm glad that SpursTalk is mission related ;)

Good luck and check in when you can.

T Park
09-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Thank you very much for your service.

You guys are awesome people and you are doing great things.

We support you guys 100%

ducks
09-20-2008, 11:32 PM
without you the bad guys would be over here shooting our kids
instead you guys are over there protecting our kids
thank you

DPG21920
09-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Stay safe and get back soon

mrspurs
09-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Tickets sports bar downtown S.A. on the corner of Houston and Broadway. They have 5 flat screens all around the bar. Steaks on game night. Not a bad crowd.

Away from nagging kids and wifes........:wow