PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M

Flo-Rida
09-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Will make a BCS bowl game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djohn14
09-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Rotflol

j-6
09-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Seriously, what's up with the Ags? And I don't want to be bottle-fed that new coach BS. You have Mike effing Sherman, not some random OC coming home to Momma.

Miami will probably be smacked around next week against their old coach and is a mid-level ACC team. It was 41-10 at one point today at the Collie Graveyard, I think, with three Miami TD's scored in about a minute in the third.

Sue me. I have a soft spot for A&M since most of my hatred is centered toward Norman. Aggie mediocrity fascinates me. There's no reason for them to suck with that support base. I mean, they're not UT and I get that. Generate a Aggie football surcharge at the vet's office or something instead of an insider newsletter. But Florida generates enough talent for three nationally recognized programs - one that just left College Station and USF isn't even in the dialogue. B/CS is three or four suburbs north of Houston. It's not like you're talking kids into going to Lubbock or Waco.

I hate it when you guys suck. When you're mediocre you rush to buy 12-7 inspection stickers and when you're good you eff up our lower-tier bowl game in San Diego. I can't believe that Dell isn't the Holiday Bowl sponsor. Wait, that was the same year.

Please start winning.

Flo-Rida
09-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Seriously, what's up with the Ags? And I don't want to be bottle-fed that new coach BS. You have Mike effing Sherman, not some random OC coming home to Momma.

Miami will probably be smacked around next week against their old coach and is a mid-level ACC team. It was 41-10 at one point today at the Collie Graveyard, I think, with three Miami TD's scored in about a minute in the third.

Sue me. I have a soft spot for A&M since most of my hatred is centered toward Norman. Aggie mediocrity fascinates me. There's no reason for them to suck with that support base. I mean, they're not UT and I get that. Generate a Aggie football surcharge at the vet's office or something instead of an insider newsletter. But Florida generates enough talent for three nationally recognized programs - one that just left College Station and USF isn't even in the dialogue. B/CS is three or four suburbs north of Houston. It's not like you're talking kids into going to Lubbock or Waco.

I hate it when you guys suck. When you're mediocre you rush to buy 12-7 inspection stickers and when you're good you eff up our lower-tier bowl game in San Diego. I can't believe that Dell isn't the Holiday Bowl sponsor. Wait, that was the same year.

Please start winning.

Ha ya ok we will see my friend no need to be so bitter. Texas A&M sucks Deal with it bitch.

Flo-Rida
09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
A Basically all freshman team beat you.

RonMexico
09-22-2008, 05:03 PM
You show up to say nothing. We never said A&M was going to a BCS bowl. An all-freshman team beat us. Congrats on the great win. GTFO.

Flo-Rida
09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
You show up to say nothing. We never said A&M was going to a BCS bowl. An all-freshman team beat us. Congrats on the great win. GTFO.

i was directing it at j-6

Doug Collins
09-22-2008, 08:01 PM

Please start winning.

We're trying...a couple more years and we'll be back to our regular 7-5 or 8-4 selves.

Doug Collins
09-22-2008, 08:06 PM
A Basically all freshman team beat you.

And? Not like A&M is overflowing with talent.

RonMexico
09-22-2008, 09:47 PM
i was directing it at j-6

Too bad he's a Longhorn fan.

johngateswhiteley
09-22-2008, 11:41 PM

Please start winning.

1) bite me
2) i agree
3) there is no excuse for A&M not having a VERY successful program, the only thing that separates them from t.u. is the small college town the university resides...thats it

A&M has just as many resources (as t.u.) and the ability to pull in all the talent they need...it really is pathetic we haven't turned it around by now.

hows your physical fitness coming? haven't heard from you in a while. :nope

MajorMike
09-23-2008, 09:03 AM

atm had something like the #15 recruiting class last year and just 2 or 3 years ago for Jabba the Lane's class they were top 10. (Wasn't Kellen Heard in that class, too?) How can they not be overflowing with talent when top 10/20/25ish recruiting classes every year?

RonMexico
09-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Oklahoma A&M will lose to us, though.

Obstructed_View
09-23-2008, 09:29 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Talent is NOT A&M's problem.

Extra Stout
09-23-2008, 09:30 AM
atm had something like the #15 recruiting class last year and just 2 or 3 years ago for Jabba the Lane's class they were top 10. (Wasn't Kellen Heard in that class, too?) How can they not be overflowing with talent when top 10/20/25ish recruiting classes every year?
Ever heard of the Notre Dame effect?

Extra Stout
09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
For those who haven't heard of the Notre Dame effect, that's where a prospect's rating is enhanced simply because a particular school is interested in him. It is named after Notre Dame because it happened so often there that an unheard-of kid from Indiana would suddenly be ranked the #3 tight end prospect in the country because ND called his house.

RonMexico
09-23-2008, 09:40 AM
For those who haven't heard of the Notre Dame effect, that's where a prospect's rating is enhanced simply because a particular school is interested in him. It is named after Notre Dame because it happened so often there that an unheard-of kid from Indiana would suddenly be ranked the #3 tight end prospect in the country because ND called his house.

I agree. Mike is using subjective analysis from online sources in an attempt to make an objective assessment of the program.

Remember that guy who wasn't drafted and is now one of the top QBs in the NFL? Oh yeah, his name was Tony Romo and he went to a place called Eastern Illinois. There are countless stories of highly regarded recruits and draftees failing (Mike Williams - USC, the "Boz"), while others succeed (Romo, 2006 Boise State, Rodney Harrison)

Extra Stout
09-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh, even with as rich as the Texas recruiting pool is, in an era where Oklahoma, LSU, and Texas have dominant football programs and even Texas Tech is ascendant, somebody gets hind tit. That somebody is A&M right now. Until one of those other schools stumbles, 9-3 and a Holiday Bowl/Cotton Bowl loss is the best-case scenario.

Extra Stout
09-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Back in the 1990's, A&M used to recruit Louisiana very, very well, back when LSU was down. I wonder if that had something to do with LSU begging out of its contract and discontinuing what was once a rivalry game.

MajorMike
09-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Ever heard of the Notre Dame effect?

Goodsen was a top 5 back before atm got in on him (Ohio's Wells was #1). There's no over-inflation in that.

Bennett was the #8 playing in the entire nation and was never better than 2nd team B12, yet he is now getting considerable time on a SB-caliber team as a rookie.

Has nothing to do with ratings getting inflated; has everything to do with player development.

Ballcox
09-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm with j6 on this one, my hatred is mostly reserved for the dirt burglars up North of of the Red River. As for a&m, they're a Texas team so I want to see them do well with the exception being when we play them.

I still don't have a good idea as to why they're under-preforming right now. I know there is talent at a&m, is it just trying to adjust to a new coaching philosophy? Not having the right players for the current system? Don't know, but I hope the ags get it together soon.

johngateswhiteley
09-23-2008, 12:42 PM

thats exactly right mike...and you won't hear me say that often.

johngateswhiteley
09-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Goodsen was a top 5 back before atm got in on him (Ohio's Wells was #1). There's no over-inflation in that.

Bennett was the #8 playing in the entire nation and was never better than 2nd team B12, yet he is now getting considerable time on a SB-caliber team as a rookie.

Has nothing to do with ratings getting inflated; has everything to do with player development.

again, A&M has zero problems getting talent...but if they keep this crap up they might. they have beaten out top 25 teams for a plethora of talent for years...i don't know why anyone would argue that.

bottom line...A&M is under performing, under achieving, screwing their players over...whatever the hell you want to call it. its bullshit.

shit, oklahoma A&M is going to work us this year...and we have better talent.

i have all the faith in Mike Sherman, he's the guy i wanted last year...but even with a new coach and system we shouldn't be this bad. we need to be much better next year.

we all know mike can be ridiculous often, but that doesn't mean he isn't right sometimes. don't let that skew your judgment.

Extra Stout
09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
I guess we'll have to see how A&M progresses over the season. If they're playing much better in November, that might be a sign that the current suckage is just leftover from Franchione's abysmal tenure. I do remember remarking to myself just how clueless the coaching staff was last year in trying to implement the spread option. It was clear the coaches really had no idea how the system worked and were just running it because it was the latest fad. Under those circumstances, it's no surprise the players didn't perform.

johngateswhiteley
09-23-2008, 01:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/gamedayFinal084

pay attention to the 0-2 start at home...36 fucking years.

j-6
09-23-2008, 01:47 PM
The Big 12 South is so tough that Baylor is licking its chops because they get A&M between OU and Texas. I don't necessarily see it as a sign of the apocalypse that A&M might finish last this year but more as a testament to how tough the league has gotten.

If Sherman can't manage to win a conference game (it looks like best shot is on the road against the Chizik's), I think that fan base may run his ass out of town. Problem is, who do you replace him with? And are you ready to suck another year? I'd go pull Todd Graham out of Tulsa if I were maroon.

Keep in mind that once you're the doormat, everyone tries to keep you down. A resurgent Baylor is good for the conference but I'd rather it come at the expense of the Okies and the north schools.

RonMexico
09-23-2008, 02:25 PM

CaptMike hasn't watched "Hard Knocks" and seen Martellus's complete lack of work ethic.

Extra Stout
09-23-2008, 02:30 PM
CaptMike hasn't watched "Hard Knocks" and seen Martellus's complete lack of work ethic.

And yet he's getting playing time in New England, and last I checked, Belicheck is not exactly tolerant of laziness.

Could it just be that Dennis Franchione was just that bad of a coach?

johngateswhiteley
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
And yet he's getting playing time in New England, and last I checked, Belicheck is not exactly tolerant of laziness.

he plays for cowboys, no?

RonMexico
09-23-2008, 04:38 PM

Plays for the Cowboys. He's getting decent PT. Spot action in 2 TE sets and special teams play.

Fran didn't hold him accountable... that's the main fault.

leemajors
09-23-2008, 07:27 PM

high and tight.

MajorMike
09-24-2008, 07:59 AM
thats exactly right mike...and you won't hear me say that often.

I'm a realist.

And along those lines, there is no way that a school like OSU should be competing with atm, either. Before you say it, we were before Boone's money.

Flo-Rida
09-24-2008, 09:12 AM
J-6 is a Longhorn fan

now I know why Floridians can't seem to figure out how to vote properly

(they're dumb)
Now how the fuck would I know
because I have a life and unlike you I don't just stay in front of the computer all day. BTW how is washington doing in sports lately dumbass nigga

Whisky Dog
09-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Bennett has been a pretty good surprise this season after being portrayed as a lazy dumb ass on Hard Knocks. The kid has made some special teams plays, caught some passes for good yardage, and most importantly has thrown some damn good blocks in 3 TE sets running the ball.

I had never really heard of him before he was drafted by the Cowboys, and I tend to watch a few Big XII games every season.

Doug Collins
09-24-2008, 10:31 PM

I don't put much stock in how recruiting services rank "talent," cause in the end it is a subjective projection of how a player will perform. On paper they may have talent, but it hasn't translated to the field. That can be attributed to several factors, most notably bad coaching, but when I look at this team I see a bunch of players that are out matched by pretty much every team in the big 12 minus ISU and Baylor. The only talented players I've seen are Goodson (sgt. fumble), mcgod, johnson, and fuller. J-Train is just a massive man-beast and the rest of the team blows ass.

Doug Collins
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Bennett has been a pretty good surprise this season after being portrayed as a lazy dumb ass on Hard Knocks. The kid has made some special teams plays, caught some passes for good yardage, and most importantly has thrown some damn good blocks in 3 TE sets running the ball.

I had never really heard of him before he was drafted by the Cowboys, and I tend to watch a few Big XII games every season.

Bennett has made some nice changes since hard knocks. I've been impressed with how he has played so far. I guess Fran couldn't motivate him just like he couldn't motivate everyone else not named McGee.

IronMexican
09-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Now how the fuck would I know
because I have a life and unlike you I don't just stay in front of the computer all day. BTW how is washington doing in sports lately dumbass nigga

Lol, how does a Heat fan even run into a Spur board? retarded. The fucking U sucks too, so eat a dick, and quit running you're mouth

RonMexico
09-28-2008, 07:58 AM
bumped by Butch Davis