PDA

View Full Version : NFL Midseason Awards

SAmikeyp
11-05-2003, 07:18 PM
I borrowed this from ESPN....

Who are your choices for first half of the season...

NFL Rookie of the Year
NFL Defensive Player of the Year
NFL Coach of the Year
NFL MVP

for me...

Rookie-Anquan Boldin. for me he gets a narrow vote over Domanick Davis only because Boldin has been doing it since day one. Davis keeps up his current pace though....that will change.

Defensive Player-Ray Lewis. the dude is still a stud and that pick to seal the win on Sunday was sick.

Coach-Bill Parcells. Los Tuna has done an amazing job with pretty much the same team that was 5-11 three straight years in a row. John Fox is a close second.

MVP-Peyton Manning. Archie's boy is tearing up the league while leading his team to a 7-1 record. Manning is in the top 3 in all five major statistical categories (Completions, Touchdowns, least interceptions, QB rating and Yards) and has finally shown signs of shrugging off the "can't win the big game" label. although the playoffs are still coming. Close second in Steve McNair.

TheCat5
11-05-2003, 08:49 PM
ROY - Domanick Davis. He's been more instrumental in his team's wins, and he's done what many, many others couldn't - run the ball in Houston. You also can't ignore him as a dual threat - in addition to being the leading rookie rusher, he's also the third-leading rookie receiver.

DPOY - Ray Lewis. Does it ever change? He's dominant in almost every aspect, and Baltimore is back on top of their division.

COY - Bill Belicheck. That Patriots team is loaded with injuries, and they weren't all that talented in the first place. But they've gotten five wins in a row over pretty good competition, and are leading what many people said would be the toughest division in football. Even though a lot of games are close, they find a way to win. Flashback to 2001.

MVP - Steve McNair. Eddie George is horrible these days. There's no real second receiver. The offensive line is mediocre. Yet he has that team as one of the best in the league, and he makes all the players around him better. In addition, he's about the toughest guy that I've ever seen. What more could you ask?

coz
11-06-2003, 02:52 AM
NFL Rookie of the Year

Andre Johnson - He has made that whole Texans offense a threat.

NFL Defensive Player of the Year

Corey Simon - Holding a beat up Eagles defense together with awesome run stopping and pass rushing

NFL Coach of the Year

Tuna - no brainer

NFL MVP

Clinton Portis - without Portis, the Broncos are shit. He may be the best RB in the game today IMO.

SpursFanInAustin
11-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Portis definitely has skills, but it seems like every RB for Denver gets a lot of yards behind that O-Line. But I will admit that Portis is better than Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson.

scott
11-06-2003, 10:18 PM
My Homer Picks:

Rookie: Terrence Newman
Defensive POY: Roy Williams
Coach: TUNA
MVP: Quincy Carter

My real picks:

Rookie: Boldin
DPOY: Ray Lewis
Coach: Tuna
MVP: Priest Holmes