PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 basement battle 2008

Obstructed_View
09-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Thread started to reply to the following post in the correct forum:

OV, on a different subject Baylor looked good last night. Based upon the Ags' loss to Arkansas State and overall questions regarding their ability, I will remove the automatic W from the Baylor matchup and move it to a "?"

I'd say Baylor could be dangerous to anyone they play now, which is saying something. If they manage not to put up a mistake filled stinkfest they should reasonably have a chance most games. After watching how terrible other quarterbacks looked against Wake, I'm feeling pretty good about Griffin. If he makes the right read on fourth down, the bears probably score a touchdown and win that game. I think he's top 20 in the nation in passing efficiency.

If nothing else, it's nice to have something to be excited about for the first time in a long while.

By the way, anyone else think the officiating stunk in that game? How that wasn't a safety for UConn still puzzles me, and the halo call, the late hit on the touchdown and the helmet to helmet hit on Griffin are just as bad.

Since my nephew is an Aggie this year, I'm rooting for both teams now. We'll see which one stinks less.

Blake
09-22-2008, 09:50 AM
I like Art Briles and I like their QB Griffin. I think Baylor actually will be a in bowl game in the next 3-4 years.

RonMexico
09-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Art is bringing an intensity and genuine feel to the coaching position that they haven't had in Baylor in a while. Griff will be good as long as he can stay healthy (limping a little out there on Fri night).

Officiating was awful - that was easily a safety and the helmet-to-helmet miss was terrible. Also, I'm pretty sure that UConn guy ripped the ball away on the punt near the end of the 2nd half. Wasn't it a crew from Big East, Big 12, and Pac-10 or something?