PDA

View Full Version : is the AFC still better than the NFC?

Sense
09-21-2008, 04:16 PM
or would it be pretty much equal now...?

Whisky Dog
09-21-2008, 04:54 PM
The Cowboys and Eagles are both better than anyone the AFC has to offer, with Denver and Tenn. Running close. After that, the rest of both conferences are basically even.

Obstructed_View
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Who in the AFC is any good? Denver looks okay, and Eddie Royal's a stud, but they aren't exactly stopping anyone. I'd have said the Steelers were a top team until their offensive line got the greatest assraping in recent memory. I'd go out on a limb and suggest that the NFC East is better than anyone in the AFC at this point.

Sense
09-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Who in the AFC is any good? Denver looks okay, and Eddie Royal's a stud, but they aren't exactly stopping anyone. I'd have said the Steelers were a top team until their offensive line got the greatest assraping in recent memory. I'd go out on a limb and suggest that the NFC East is better than anyone in the AFC at this point.

I agree....

Whisky Dog
09-21-2008, 11:15 PM

Tennessee. Best team in AFC right now. Would probably be 3rd or 4th in NFC East

15 RINGS BITCH
09-21-2008, 11:30 PM
nfc, see superbowl 42

ducks
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
denver is not that great
they are lucking they won the last two games
they gave up over 500 yards today up

they got a big break with the missed field goal

awesome d there

Obstructed_View
09-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Tennessee. Best team in AFC right now. Would probably be 3rd or 4th in NFC East

I'm sorry, but a team that has Kerry Collins at QB and has wins against Cincinnatti and Houston isn't really impressing me right now. If they were in the NFC east, they'd be the Cardinals.

TheSanityAnnex
09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
pointless week 3 thread.

Whisky Dog
09-22-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry, but a team that has Kerry Collins at QB and has wins against Cincinnatti and Houston isn't really impressing me right now. If they were in the NFC east, they'd be the Cardinals.

I agree to an extent, but that defense is flat out filthy and could keep them in games with anyone. They probably wouldn't have the offense to beat the top 3 in the NFC East, but they'd match up well against the Redskins.

What can I say? The AFC is down right now with no real complete teams. Either great offense and no defense or the other way around.

johnsmith
09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
denver is not that great
they are lucking they won the last two games
they gave up over 500 yards today up

they got a big break with the missed field goal

awesome d there

Envy forum

Obstructed_View
09-22-2008, 02:38 PM
I agree to an extent, but that defense is flat out filthy and could keep them in games with anyone. They probably wouldn't have the offense to beat the top 3 in the NFC East, but they'd match up well against the Redskins.

What can I say? The AFC is down right now with no real complete teams. Either great offense and no defense or the other way around.
Again, talk to me about the Titans defense when they've played someone good. They may be really solid, but it's too early to tell.

A dominant Pats and Colts team makes the entire AFC look better by bringing up the average. Having both of them down at the same time does the opposite.

jack sommerset
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
even

Reggie Miller
09-22-2008, 06:42 PM

Winner.

Reggie Miller
09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Again, talk to me about the Titans defense when they've played someone good. They may be really solid, but it's too early to tell.

A dominant Pats and Colts team makes the entire AFC look better by bringing up the average. Having both of them down at the same time does the opposite.

Every year Fisher manages to create a decent team from this scrap pile. The Titans do this every year, and every year, people overestimate them. You could make a damn good argument that the Titans have been overachieveing every year since Eddie George left.

(Yes, I realize that saying a team has overachieved for several years in a row is a bit of an oxymoron.)

spike_throw
09-23-2008, 12:30 AM
i would say there is not much difference between them...as both r going great guns...!

bigdog
09-23-2008, 02:27 AM
I think it's safe to say Dallas and Philly are better than any of the other teams in the league, with the Giants close behind. Besides that, the rest of the NFC is decent, and the AFC isn't that great. The Colts aren't looking too good, the Jags aren't looking very good either, even with the win over Indy. Denver looks good, but it's too early to tell for them, Fisher has the Titans playing well, but who have they beat that actually matters? I think the Pats will barely make the playoffs, if at all, and I'm leaning towards them not making it. I think Pittsburgh could end up the best in the AFC, but after that sack-fest that Philly put up on them, I question their offensive line, but then again, the Eagles defensive coordinator is an absolute BOSS(and I hate the Eagles). After seeing the Chargers against the Jets, they played pretty good, but I still don't think the Jets are very good, so I don't see that they really proved anything, and I still question Phillip Rivers.

That's my view.

mytespurs
09-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I think it's hard to say at this point. I would rate them equal or close to it right now.

That NFC East looks so tough right now...Dallas looks like the team to beat there but not discount the NY Giants. And Zorn has the Skins playing well thus far.

SpursFanFirst
09-23-2008, 10:55 AM
The momentum is beginning to swing back to the NFC, but honestly, I think the league is pretty even right about now.

mytespurs
09-23-2008, 11:39 AM
The momentum is beginning to swing back to the NFC, but honestly, I think the league is pretty even right about now.

I would agree with that. It's cyclical; the NFC is rising again. :king

Reggie Miller
09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Too early to say much, but I would have to agree that at the very least, the NFC is catching up. One way to look at it is that the NFC has most of its crappy teams in two divisions (West and South), whereas the AFC is spreading the suck around pretty evenly.

Obstructed_View
09-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Every year Fisher manages to create a decent team from this scrap pile. The Titans do this every year, and every year, people overestimate them. You could make a damn good argument that the Titans have been overachieveing every year since Eddie George left.

(Yes, I realize that saying a team has overachieved for several years in a row is a bit of an oxymoron.)

No, I agree with you. If ESPN and most of the sports world had half a brain, Fisher would be receiving the adulation they waste on Belichick. He's a fantastic coach, and routinely starts out with whole cloth talent and spins them into something better. Sadly, that only works for so long and they don't do as well once people start to get some film on them.

I think they are very good, but I'm holding off putting them in the Super Bowl discussion just yet.

J.T.
09-23-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm holding off putting the Cowboys in the Super Bowl discussion yet too just because Tony Romo and playoff wins are like hitting on a lesbian. Even if you bring your A game it's just not. gonna. happen.

Whisky Dog
09-24-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm holding off putting the Cowboys in the Super Bowl discussion yet too just because Tony Romo and playoff wins are like hitting on a lesbian. Even if you bring your A game it's just not. gonna. happen.

Yeah, because the sample size is just so large. He's played in 2 playoff games.

How many did Peyton play in before he started to win? Surely you remember that.

SpursFanFirst
09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Too early to say much, but I would have to agree that at the very least, the NFC is catching up. One way to look at it is that the NFC has most of its crappy teams in two divisions (West and South), whereas the AFC is spreading the suck around pretty evenly.

:lol :tu

BUMP
09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
if you go by records than either Denver or Tennessee is the best in the AFC, but just from what ive seen and from personal judgement, i think San Diego is clearly the AFC's best. the losses speak for themselves.

they lost on a last second perfect 20 yard pass, and then got cheated out of the other one vs a good team on the road

Obstructed_View
09-24-2008, 11:51 AM

Wasn't aware the Super Bowl came after week 3.

J.T.
09-26-2008, 04:43 AM
Wasn't aware the Super Bowl came after week 3.

Sounds like you were aware when you said this about the Titans

I think they are very good, but I'm holding off putting them in the Super Bowl discussion just yet.

samikeyp
09-26-2008, 08:23 AM

:lol

Gotta give you props, that was funny. :tu

And it hasn't happened yet, but it doesn't mean it won't happen.

I do agree though that the Cowboys, not just Romo, have stumbled through December and January the last few years. I believe that they are capable of winning when it matters most and have the talent to do so, but yes, it has yet to be proven.

samikeyp
09-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah, because the sample size is just so large. He's played in 2 playoff games.

How many did Peyton play in before he started to win? Surely you remember that.

True but even if Dallas wins the Super Bowl you will hear from some "Yeah well Romo's only 3-2 in the playoffs." :lol

Obstructed_View
09-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Sounds like you were aware when you said this about the Titans

So I'm waiting to make a judgment on the Titans until they have a few more games under their belt, and you are waiting to make a judgment on the Cowboys until they get a new starting quarterback. That makes sense.

And yeah, I completely forgot I posted that before I busted on you about saying the exact same thing. :lol