PDA

View Full Version : NY’s Independence Party endorses McCain

whottt
09-21-2008, 06:26 PM
http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080921/UPDATE/80921001

NY’s Independence Party endorses McCain
• September 21, 2008

Read Comments(18)Recommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us
Facebook
Digg
Reddit
Newsvine
Buzz up! Text Size: Normal | Large | Larger
NEW YORK (AP) — The state Independence Party endorsed Republican John McCain on Saturday, the first time New York’s third-largest party has backed a major-party presidential candidate.

The group, organized around the principle that the major parties have a stranglehold on American politics, sees McCain as an independent thinker, Chairman Frank MacKay said.

“I believe he will not take the traditional input from the party bosses and the special interests that other presidents have. I believe he’s going to be his own man,” MacKay said, citing McCain’s work as co-author of a landmark 2002 law that restricted “soft money,” or indirect campaign donations.

McCain’s campaign and that of Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama did not immediately respond to telephone and e-mail messages Saturday night.

Supporters of independent presidential candidate Ross Perot founded New York’s Independence Party in 1996. It now counts about 355,000 registered voters statewide, compared to more than 5.4 million Democrats and nearly 3 million Republicans. The state also has more than 2.3 million unaffiliated voters.

The Independence Party has endorsed some of the state’s prominent Democrats, including Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and former Gov. Eliot Spitzer. But it also has displayed the autonomous streak its name suggests, supporting Ralph Nader for president in 2004 and little-known White House contender John Hagelin in 2000.

MacKay said the party had long admired McCain, who has emphasized his reputation as a party-bucking maverick and striven to present himself as a reformer on the campaign trail.

The Arizona senator has, however, voted with President Bush 90 percent of the time since January 2001, according to a Congressional Quarterly study. MacKay dismissed that finding as “wordplay.”

The Independence Party’s platform includes ending budget deficits, changing campaign finance laws to limit donors’ influence and discouraging teenage pregnancy, according to its Web site.

whottt
09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Go ahead and get your lame, rooted in ignorance, shots in now...then we'll discuss the actual implications of this endorsement.

PS: Yes I know every lib on the forum is an expert on this ins and outs of this party and already knew exactly how insidious and insginificant this endorsement was...in advance. Yes they are the anti-christ, yes they are irrelevant. Tell me something I don't know...

SnakeBoy
09-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Don't have any shots except that it's NY, which McCain won't win anyway. So why does it matter?

whottt
09-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Don't have any shots except that it's NY, which McCain won't win anyway. So why does it matter?

I'm not convinced McCain won't win NY at all...in fact I become more and more convinced he just might win there the more I study the situation.

This is a pretty big endorsement....

Especially since there is at least one poll out showing McCain and Obama in a statistical tie in NY.

TheMadHatter
09-21-2008, 06:46 PM
You truly are an idiot whose stupidity seems to know no bounds.

Shastafarian
09-21-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm convinced that everything whottt posts is satire. No one who can manage to use a computer is that stupid.

This Just In!!!!

New York's Republican Party endorses McCain -

whottt declares New York a "definite win" after Republican Party of New York comes out in force for McCain.

In other news, Lindsay Lohan was awarded the Nobel Prize in the area of Physics for her groundbreaking work on gravity and its effects on boobs sagging.

Anti.Hero
09-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm convinced that everything whottt posts is satire. No one who can manage to use a computer is that stupid.

This Just In!!!!

New York's Republican Party endorses McCain -

whottt declares New York a "definite win" after Republican Party of New York comes out in force for McCain.

In other news, Lindsay Lohan was awarded the Nobel Prize in the area of Physics for her groundbreaking work on gravity and its effects on boobs sagging.

a. he never said "definite win"

b. apparently, any goon can win a Nobel Prize so the Lohan comment isn't as effective as one might think.

Shastafarian
09-21-2008, 07:31 PM
a. he never said "definite win"

...I know. It's called satire. People use it for things called "jokes".

Shastafarian
09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
b. apparently, any goon can win a Nobel Prize so the Lohan comment isn't as effective as one might think.

Yeah any "goon" can win a Nobel prize for physics. That makes a whole heap of sense buddy. You're thinking of the Nobel Peace Prize, which I agree, is more subjective.

whottt
09-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Hopefully some libs I don't have on ignore will respond to this thread...as I have some information that those that live in reality might like to know.

Shastafarian
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Hopefully some libs I don't have on ignore will respond to this thread...as I have some information that those that live in reality might like to know.

Maybe if you weren't such a pussy, you could read the comments. But you're a HUGE pussy.

Nbadan
09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Maybe if you weren't such a pussy, you could read the comments. But you're a HUGE pussy.

I'll just quote all your posts....

Viva Las Espuelas
09-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah any "goon" can win a Nobel prize for physics. That makes a whole heap of sense buddy. You're thinking of the Nobel Peace Prize, which I agree, is more subjective.

uh.......................yeah
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00682/al-gore-404_682507c.jpg
:lmao

Shastafarian
09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Edit: My mistake

whottt
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM
I'll just quote all your posts....

Notice how dan elects to troll instead of actually asking any quesions..

Nbadan doesn't want to know the truth.

Nbadan can't handle the truth.

BTW, it's not that I'm a pussy...indeed I enjoy conflict more than any other poster on this board, it's that I at least like to be entertained. If you don't say something I haven't heard before...I really have no interest in anything you have to say.

In the case of Shasta, his initial post was horribly cliched and factually refuted propaganda that even the most dieheard libs on the forum had distanced themselves from weeks ago.

That post was so out of touch that it could only be the result of a SR refugee...it's as out of touch as the basketball takes there are. I actually felt ill after reading it.

You will stay on ignore for the foreseeable future...if others quote you and I see signs of intelligent life...I will probably reconsider and seek to engage you in argument. Until that time...you are the bottom of the barrel, and your posts are not worthy of being read.

Shastafarian
09-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Notice how dan elects to troll instead of actually asking any quesions..

Nbadan doesn't want to know the truth.

Nbadan can't handle the truth.

BTW, it's not that I'm a pussy...indeed I enjoy conflict more than any other poster on this board, it's that I at least like to be entertained. If you don't say something I haven't heard before...I really no interest in anything you have to say.

In the case of Shasta, his initial post was horribly cliched and factually refuted propaganda that even the most dieheard libs on the forum had distanced themselves from weeks ago.

Yet I backed them up with articles from actual news agencies. Curious.

That post was so out of touch that it could only be the result of a SR refugee...it's as out of touch as the basketball takes there are. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Posters from the other site such as coyotes_geek and alpineballer know more about basketball than you do about...well anything. Unfortunately that's not saying much because you're so damn stupid.

You will stay on ignore for the foreseeable future...if others quote you and I see signs of intelligent life...I will probably reconsider and seek to engage you in argument. Until that time...you are the bottom of the barrel, and your posts are not worthy of being read.

OH NOEEESSSS. I don't wanna be on ignore anymore!!! See if I give a shit. I can still make you look like the idiot you are without you reading my posts. It's really not even that difficult. You do most of the work for me.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Do you know how to read? I just said I thought the Nobel Peace Prize was a more subjective award. The Nobel Prize for Physics isn't.i was supporting your post, idiot. oh, and i'm glad your font sizing, bold, and underline function work in concert now.

Shastafarian
09-21-2008, 11:57 PM
i was supporting your post, idiot. oh, and i'm glad your font sizing, bold, and underline function work in concert now.

Sorry but that kind of sarcasm is hard to detect on a message board. It seemed like you were ignoring what I said earlier. My mistake.