PDA

View Full Version : Start Romo Or Rodgers?

Clandestino
09-21-2008, 06:29 PM
I have both in FF. What do you say?

ducks
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
rodgers
he is home

Sense
09-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Romo... you just can't go wrong with Romo... and well Rodgers has had a couple of good games, but this is a big game... who knows how he'll do

Obstructed_View
09-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Dallas' secondary looks terrible. Those corners play about 13 yards back, so Aaron should destroy them. He picked them apart last year on fill-in duty. Romo will have good numbers as always, but I'd probably guess that Dallas' defense is going to die from a million little cuts tonight.

monosylab1k
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
rodgers
he is home

Best bet is to take what ducks says and do the opposite.

Obstructed_View
09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Best bet is to take what ducks says and do the opposite.

Yeah, but you know what they say about broken clocks. He had a 50-50 shot so long as he doesn't apply any personal logic to the analysis.

Clandestino
09-21-2008, 06:46 PM
basically, i'm down by 2pts. i still have barber, cotchery and romor/rodgers left. he only has chambers...

i'm thinking romo, because i'm sure he'll get one to TO at least. Rodgers could choke on the big stage. who knows. either way, not life or death. just curious as to who you'd start.

Anti.Hero
09-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Rogers could choke. Williams will choke.

PeterBurns
09-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Big game for Mr. Romo.

Sense
09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
lol well Romo as of now gave you a -1.. lol bad advice from me so far, but you'll win anyways.

Clandestino
09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
romo is doing his usual choke job...

Whisky Dog
09-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Dallas defense was a monster tonight. Rodgers looked bad in his 2nd real test.

mytespurs
09-22-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm not into fantasy football but if Favre looks like the Favre of old tomorrow night, I imagine the Aaron Rogers bandwagon may lose a member or two. :hat

Whisky Dog
09-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Favre got shut down by the defense that got shredded by Ronnie Brown running the UT college zone read. Favre sucks.

Obstructed_View
09-22-2008, 06:30 AM
romo is doing his usual choke job...

In other words, his usual choke job of putting up numbers and getting the win?

Clandestino
09-22-2008, 06:41 AM
How many playoff games has romo won again?

Obstructed_View
09-22-2008, 07:03 AM
How many playoff games has romo won again?

Oh, so he wins a regular season game and didn't pad your fantasy stats so that makes him a choker, just like when he lost in the playoffs, which you apparently knew but took him over Rodgers anyway. Good logic. :rolleyes

And I told you to take Rodgers. Just be glad the refs made that bullshit grounding call because it bailed you out.

Clandestino
09-22-2008, 07:07 AM
i would've won either way. but yes, romo is a choker. no way around it. fumbles, ints, bad decisions on big stages.

Obstructed_View
09-22-2008, 07:09 AM
i would've won either way. but yes, romo is a choker. no way around it. fumbles, ints, bad decisions on big stages.

300 yard games, pro bowls, touchdowns, big plays on big stages, wins.

DBryant88
09-22-2008, 07:40 AM
He's just a rebellous gun-slinger. He's not afraid to take risks

Obstructed_View
09-22-2008, 07:42 AM
He's just a rebellous gun-slinger. He's not afraid to take risks

That's about as senseless as calling him a choker.

DBryant88
09-22-2008, 07:46 AM
the only one who chokes is jessica simpson when she finishes sucking his cock.

DBryant88
09-22-2008, 07:46 AM
id let her suck my cock anyday

alltimerusherE.Smith
09-22-2008, 09:56 AM
id let her suck my cock anyday

WAIT IN LINE GODDAMIT!

IM #1!!

Clandestino
09-24-2008, 06:31 PM
300 yard games, pro bowls, touchdowns, big plays on big stages, wins.

None of that matters if you can't win a playoff game.

King
09-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Any interception Romo throws is a choke. Any time he fumbles, it's a choke. He's the most scrutinized QB in football. And also one of the best.

Clandestino
09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Any interception Romo throws is a choke. Any time he fumbles, it's a choke. He's the most scrutinized QB in football. And also one of the best.

You're not the best if you can't win playoff games. That's how you're judged in all sports!

dirk4mvp
09-24-2008, 09:30 PM
He's the most scrutinized QB in football.

That guy plays in Philly.

Trainwreck2100
09-24-2008, 10:45 PM

He does have a turnover in every game this year.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2008, 02:31 PM
None of that matters if you can't win a playoff game.

I'm not sure how he's supposed to catch the ball for Patrick Crayton, or how he's supposed to keep the Giants from marching down the field and scoring a touchdown in less than a minute, but if somehow you think that's his fault, it speaks volumes about your sports knowledge.

Clandestino
09-25-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure how he's supposed to catch the ball for Patrick Crayton, or how he's supposed to keep the Giants from marching down the field and scoring a touchdown in less than a minute, but if somehow you think that's his fault, it speaks volumes about your sports knowledge.

somehow you forgot he fumbled a perfectly good snap the year before.

also, if he had better clock management in the final quarter they would not have had the ball in the final minute.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2008, 07:33 PM
also, if he had better clock management in the final quarter they would not have had the ball in the final minute.

If you mean the second quarter, which is what I was talking about, then the above may be the stupidest thing ever posted on this message board. The Cowboys drive took 11 minutes. The Giants scored in 46 seconds.

Clandestino
09-25-2008, 09:54 PM
If you mean the second quarter, which is what I was talking about, then the above may be the stupidest thing ever posted on this message board. The Cowboys drive took 11 minutes. The Giants scored in 46 seconds.

You still havent posted anything in this thread that shows romo is the best qb in the nfl which you seem to believe. as you can see, no one is coming to back you up... every single cowboy fan, except you, knows that romo is a choker

sprrs
09-25-2008, 10:40 PM
You still havent posted anything in this thread that shows romo is the best qb in the nfl which you seem to believe. as you can see, no one is coming to back you up... every single cowboy fan, except you, knows that romo is a choker

So if he's not the absolute best he's a choker? Lovin' that logic.

Whisky Dog
09-25-2008, 11:37 PM
as you can see, no one is coming to back you up... every single cowboy fan, except you, knows that romo is a choker

Actually, you've already smashed your position by saying Romo somehow choked against the Giants with bad clock management. That's beyond retard speak. Crayton's dropped ball cost the game in the final minutes, but somehow Romo putting it right on his hands was a choke job.

Romo and the Cowboys didn't play well enough to win the game, but it wasn't Romo choking. It was the team not playing up to par for 4 quarters. The entire team.

But, this is different team with a better and more versatile defense, more versatile offense, and special teams that can burn you at any time. Let's see what happens now with this beast.

Obstructed_View
09-26-2008, 12:10 AM

First of all, I don't need anyone to back me up; you're pretty much embarassing yourself without my having to do much of anything.

If you'll recall, I'm one of the people that told you to start Aaron Rodgers instead of Romo. I simply called you out for your "Romo with his usual choke job" post as though the Packers somehow won the game, or that it was ever even close.

I haven't at any point in this thread stated that Romo is the best QB in the NFL, but speaking as a lifelong Cowboys fan, I'm perfectly happy with the job he's done. Most people who went through the Quincy Carter/Clint Stoerner/Ryan Leaf/Vinny Testaverde years would probably agree with me.

Just FYI, the point I was trying to make in this thread is that you are completely stupid, and as I said before, I'd rate it a success, mostly thanks to you.

Clandestino
09-26-2008, 07:25 AM
First of all, I don't need anyone to back me up; you're pretty much embarassing yourself without my having to do much of anything.

If you'll recall, I'm one of the people that told you to start Aaron Rodgers instead of Romo. I simply called you out for your "Romo with his usual choke job" post as though the Packers somehow won the game, or that it was ever even close.

I haven't at any point in this thread stated that Romo is the best QB in the NFL, but speaking as a lifelong Cowboys fan, I'm perfectly happy with the job he's done. Most people who went through the Quincy Carter/Clint Stoerner/Ryan Leaf/Vinny Testaverde years would probably agree with me.

Just FYI, the point I was trying to make in this thread is that you are completely stupid, and as I said before, I'd rate it a success, mostly thanks to you.

romo's usual chokejob comment was made after he fumbled in the endzone and i think threw an INT.

either way, he is still a choker and can't win the big game. nobody cares how many regular season games you win if you don't win during the playoffs. anyway you spin it...at this point in his career, EVERYONE still considers romo a choker.... except, of course, cowboys fans.

Obstructed_View
09-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Same knock they made against both Mannings before they won super bowls by people that have no stake in the outcome. If you're stupid enough to stick with that argument then good luck with it.

Clandestino
09-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Same knock they made against both Mannings before they won super bowls by people that have no stake in the outcome. If you're stupid enough to stick with that argument then good luck with it.

that is how it goes... you'll never be considered one of the best unless you win a championship. the best find a way to win. until romo does that.. fuck yourself

Obstructed_View
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
that is how it goes... you'll never be considered one of the best unless you win a championship. the best find a way to win. until romo does that.. fuck yourself

Yeah, that Dan Marino was such a loser. Nowhere near the quarterback Trent Dilfer is. Hell, I don't know why the Cowboys don't start Brad Johnson; he's one of the best all-time since he won a ring once.

Clandestino
09-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, that Dan Marino was such a loser. Nowhere near the quarterback Trent Dilfer is. Hell, I don't know why the Cowboys don't start Brad Johnson; he's one of the best all-time since he won a ring once.

to this very day, people talk about dan being a great qb BUT it always ends with he could never win a super bowl!

Obstructed_View
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
to this very day, people talk about dan being a great qb BUT it always ends with he could never win a super bowl!

Right. Dilfer>>>>Marino. That's your logic.

samikeyp
09-28-2008, 09:08 PM

but they still do consider him a great QB.