Palin drives a Suburban and a Moose

Thunder Dan
09-21-2008, 07:50 PM
How you like that asswhupping today TD?:lol

I think it's the dawn of a new era

http://indiana.bilerico.com/2008/05/brady_quinn_shirtless_cellphone.jpg

Clandestino
09-21-2008, 07:50 PM
obama hangs out with confirmed terrorists and you guys are talking about mccain having foreign cars? LOL

Thunder Dan
09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
obama hangs out with confirmed terrorists and you guys are talking about mccain having foreign cars? LOL

on 9/11/2001 Cheney had breakfast with a guy that gave Mohamed Atta $100,000 the day before....nobody has a problem with that do they?

florige
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM

When the line was giving him time he was okay. Plus the last two weeks Edwards has been dropping a crap load of sure TD's. Romeo has to do something about his protection.

MannyIsGod
09-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Yet another impressive showing of investigative journalism at our time of need.

Fucking idiots.

Spurtacus
09-21-2008, 09:21 PM
on 9/11/2001 Cheney had breakfast with a guy that gave Mohamed Atta $100,000 the day before....nobody has a problem with that do they?

Anti.Hero
09-21-2008, 09:46 PM

holy shit.

I don't watch the Browns nor have I seen Quinn since he left ND but gd!

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Yet another impressive showing of investigative journalism at our time of need.

Fucking idiots.

Beat me to it. We've got front row seats to a near meltdown of our financial system and CNN's worried about a family with kids having more than one car in the driveway.

I suppose all this means about Obama is he doesn't have the limos he rides around in registered his name, or that plane he flies around in all the time either...

PixelPusher
09-21-2008, 11:53 PM
13 cars? Shouldn't whottt be in here dropping f-bombs and railing about what a hypocritical douchebag McCain is for driving so many damn cars and burning up gas?

ploto
09-22-2008, 09:42 AM
The point of the story is that McCain told auto workers in Michigan that he only buys American cars.

Oh, Gee!!
09-22-2008, 09:44 AM
he probably forgot. no biggie.

Anti.Hero
09-22-2008, 09:45 AM
class warfare yayyyyayayayyayayayayay

of course all of these politicians who bitch about GW are hypocrites. But let's only hold McCain accountable :lmao

Oh, Gee!!
09-22-2008, 09:46 AM
How elitist of Obama to drive a hybrid, btw.

Spurminator
09-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Shits given count: Spurminator 0

Thunder Dan
09-22-2008, 09:48 AM
he probably forgot. no biggie.

and he also forgot how many homes he owns...but he is a qualified leader, more qualified than Obama..

Oh, Gee!!
09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
and he also forgot how many homes he owns...but he is a qualified leader, more qualified than Obama..

then vote for him already.

KenMcCoy
09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
A Newsweek article (http://www.newsweek.com/id/160091) published on the magazine's Web Site Sunday said registration records show the McCains currently own 13 cars — two of which are foreign-made: a Honda and a Volkswagen. That appears to contradict the Republican presidential nominee's past statements (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0QRapvB9xc) he only buys cars made in America. (Cindy McCain also drives a Lexus and daughter Meghan owns a Toyota Prius, but neither are registered to the McCains.)

hahahahaha...do these people even do research any more???

Honda has been manufacturing cars in the US since 1982.

http://www.expansionmanagement.com/cmd/articledetail/articleid/18506/default.asp

VW announced it's first US plant earlier this year.

http://www.motorauthority.com/vws-us-plant-to-build-250k-per-year.html

Oh, Gee!!
09-22-2008, 10:00 AM

http://www.expansionmanagement.com/cmd/articledetail/articleid/18506/default.asp

and ford and chevy are made in mexico. wgaf?

Anti.Hero
09-22-2008, 10:00 AM
My Chevrolet truck was built in Canada :(

Shastafarian
09-22-2008, 10:02 AM

Ok so there is a chance that his cars are literally made in America but they're still foreign companies numb nuts.

KenMcCoy
09-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Ok so there is a chance that his cars are literally made in America but they're still foreign companies numb nuts.

MADE in America by AMERICAN workers numb nuts. The AMERICAN workers spend the money they make at the factories on groceries, and clothes, and other things. These grocery or retail stores employ MORE american workers....

AHHHHH the beauty of trickle down economics...

Shastafarian
09-22-2008, 10:17 AM
MADE in America by AMERICAN workers numb nuts. The AMERICAN workers spend the money they make at the factories on groceries, and clothes, and other things. These grocery or retail stores employ MORE american workers....

AHHHHH the beauty of trickle down economics...

Can you actually find out at which factories McCain's cars were made? I'd love to know. You do realize these companies have factories elsewhere and a lot of cars are assembled from parts from SEVERAL plants right? It doesn't matter where the workers or company is based as long as one is foreign. It means he chose foreign over domestic in one way or another.

Hook Dem
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Can you actually find out at which factories McCain's cars were made? I'd love to know. You do realize these companies have factories elsewhere and a lot of cars are assembled from parts from SEVERAL plants right? It doesn't matter where the workers or company is based as long as one is foreign. It means he chose foreign over domestic in one way or another.

I'll bet more liberals do this than conservatives but who cares?

xrayzebra
09-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Damn 13 cars. And 7 houses. Obama better get back to Rezko ASAP and get
some deals going. Or get himself another part time job and write another book.

By the way, what kind of beer distributorship does Cindy have. Miller lite, I hope.
But bet it is Coors.

Shastafarian
09-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Damn 13 cars. And 7 houses. Obama better get back to Rezko ASAP and get
some deals going. Or get himself another part time job and write another book.

By the way, what kind of beer distributorship does Cindy have. Miller lite, I hope.
But bet it is Coors.

It was budweiser.

Shastafarian
09-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I'll bet more liberals do this than conservatives but who cares?

I don't. It was KenMcoy who made a big deal about it.

xrayzebra
09-22-2008, 10:33 AM
It was budweiser.

Oh, well.

I would hate to pay all that car insurance. But more than likely with
their bucks they are self insured. I know I would be.

Thunder Dan
09-22-2008, 10:35 AM

do you understand the difference between an American company and a foreign company? Assembling a car isn't everything. The profit still leaves the USA. I could take cardboard and make a puzzle, ship it to China and have someone put it together and sell it for me and you can't say 'Made in China' for my puzzle I made here in Ohio. I'm sure you already know this though- the problem is that these companies build plants here so they can get around taxes. They build them in low income states like Tennessee and Alabama, hire 2,000 workers, and save a ton of money on tariffs they don't have to pay. So actually, it's not the fairy tale everything thinks it is.

What this all means: the only way we can get out of this giant national debt we have built up is to increase our GDP--buying Toyatas, Honda's or whatever else doesn't help that. I know nobody cares now, but when the dollar with worth less than a sack of rocks (where it is headed now) everyone will want it stronger....well start supporting American companies that pay taxes to America!

Shastafarian
09-22-2008, 10:38 AM
do you understand the difference between an American company and a foreign company? Assembling a car isn't everything. The profit still leaves the USA. I could take cardboard and make a puzzle, ship it to China and have someone put it together and sell it for me and you can't say 'Made in China' for my puzzle I made here in Ohio. I'm sure you already know this though- the problem is that these companies build plants here so they can get around taxes. They build them in low income states like Tennessee and Alabama, hire 2,000 workers, and save a ton of money on tariffs they don't have to pay. So actually, it's not the fairy tale everything thinks it is.

Yes I do know. I know the only economic gain a car plant brings is from the work force. Preaching to the choir.

KenMcCoy
09-22-2008, 10:52 AM

You would need to know what models the vehicles are. Both Ford and Chevy have many of their parts manufactured in Mexico.

HMIN will be Honda's seventh auto plant in North America and one of 17 major Honda manufacturing facilities in North America. It will help to boost Honda's total North American automobile production capacity from 1.4 million units to more than 1.6 million units in 2008, employment in North America to more than 37,000 associates and capital investment in North America to more than $9 billion.

Ford now has about 45,000 UAW-represented workers in the U.S., and 54,000 factory workers in North America. It has slashed its blue-collar work force by nearly 38,000 since 2006, mainly with early retirement and buyout offers.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/11/ford-to-cut-4200-blue-col_n_125709.html

It looks like HONDA is just as american as Ford. And while Ford is cutting jobs in America, companies like Honda and VW are CREATING jobs.

Shastafarian
09-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Good for Honda. It still doesn't change the fact that the money they get gets distributed into a different economy.

DarkReign
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
It looks like HONDA is just as american as Ford. And while Ford is cutting jobs in America, companies like Honda and VW are CREATING jobs.

Im deeply amused at your rationale here. Please continue....

You were saying something about Honda/Toyota/Nissan being as American as Ford?

Trainwreck2100
09-22-2008, 11:01 AM

Go look at GDP and GNP

Thunder Dan
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM

Which would you do:

Hire 2,000 workers for 25k a year and not pay Millions in tariffs because of Trade Laws

or

Continue to import your cars, and pay millions in tariff to the USA for importing your product

I know what YOU would do, but what situation fucks America? How 'American' are those Honda's. GM and Ford, regardless of where there cars are ASSEMBLED- pay their taxes to the USA. Every cent they make a portion of that goes to US schools, cities, and everything else. Honda is trying to sidestep paying those taxes by hiring the minimum number of employees allowed by the laws and tricking ignorant people into thinking they are now American.

KenMcCoy
09-22-2008, 11:14 AM

What this all means: the only way we can get out of this giant national debt we have built up is to increase our GDP--buying Toyatas, Honda's or whatever else doesn't help that. I know nobody cares now, but when the dollar with worth less than a sack of rocks (where it is headed now) everyone will want it stronger....well start supporting American companies that pay taxes to America!

You do realize that in order for companies to do business in the US they have to set up an American entity. This entity has to pay income taxes just like every other American corporation for it's income made in the US.

Do you think that Ford, Chevy, Chrysler pay US income tax on cars made here but shipped overseas??? Of course they don't, income produced by overseas sales is normally accounted for in the local entity...(i.e. - Ford makes a car in the US, sells it to a separate Ford entity in Brazil for minimal (if any) gain, the Brazilian entity sells it to the end user for the regular profit, and pays Brazilian income tax).

*I'm just using Brazil as a hypothetical...don't come back saying Ford doesn't do xxxxxxx in Brazil.

Oh, Gee!!
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
What? Doesn't every American own 13 cars?

Cindy McCain

KenMcCoy
09-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Every cent they make a portion of that goes to US schools, cities, and everything else.

:rollin:rollin:rollinYou seriously think that EVERY cent they make goes to US taxes??? Ford, GM, Chrysler, all have overseas entities that they funnel their income into. They bring as LITTLE money back to the US as possible because the US has one of the highest tax corporate tax rates in the world. My guess would be they have a corporate entity in Singapore that claims the majority of their income because Singapore has 0% corporate tax.

SpursFanFirst
09-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow. 13 cars for McCain while Obama has only 1?

I'm changing my vote to Obama because I only have 1 car too..it's like he understands me. :rolleyes

With all the issues out there that we could be discussing, it's good to see that we're getting to the heart of the matter.

DarkReign
09-22-2008, 11:40 AM

I'm changing my vote to Obama because I only have 1 car too..it's like he understands me. :rolleyes

With all the issues out there that we could be discussing, it's good to see that we're getting to the heart of the matter.

:tu

Thunder Dan
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
You do realize that in order for companies to do business in the US they have to set up an American entity. This entity has to pay income taxes just like every other American corporation for it's income made in the US.

Do you think that Ford, Chevy, Chrysler pay US income tax on cars made here but shipped overseas??? Of course they don't, income produced by overseas sales is normally accounted for in the local entity...(i.e. - Ford makes a car in the US, sells it to a separate Ford entity in Brazil for minimal (if any) gain, the Brazilian entity sells it to the end user for the regular profit, and pays Brazilian income tax).

*I'm just using Brazil as a hypothetical...don't come back saying Ford doesn't do xxxxxxx in Brazil.

well your wrong on about 7 things on this, if I had time I would explain it all, but something tells me you wouldn't understand it anyway. I will let you in on a little secret though, companies don't pay 'income tax'- citizens do. United States companies pay taxes on about 100 different things relating to their business, while foreign companies make up a portion of those taxes in a tariff. Just look it up somewhere and you can find out all you need to know.. And Chrysler isn't an American company anymore and hasn't been for about 10 years. Also, I'm willing to bet that GM pays more in tax to our country in buildings and capitol alone than all of the foreign companies combined

clambake
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
as far as the big 3, we'll be paying them tax money, so our resident tax guy is a pretty shitty accountant.

KenMcCoy
09-22-2008, 12:36 PM
I will let you in on a little secret though, companies don't pay 'income tax'- citizens do.

Corporate Income Tax Rates--2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003

Taxable income over Not over Tax rate $ 0 $ 50,000 15% 50,000 75,000 25% 75,000 100,000 34% 100,000 335,000 39% 335,000 10,000,000 34% 10,000,000 15,000,000 35% 15,000,000 18,333,333 38% 18,333,333 .......... 35%http://www.smbiz.com/sbrl001.html#ci

KenMcCoy
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Also, I'm willing to bet that GM pays more in tax to our country in buildings and capitol alone than all of the foreign companies combined

Taxes on buildings/capitol are property taxes handled by the city/state not the fed. Honda/Toyota/VW would all be subject to the same taxes since they have manufacturing operations in the US (unless, the particular city or state negotiated less property taxes in exchange for the additional jobs that the plant would create).

ploto
09-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Given what you have written about yourself in these threads it really makes no sense for you to vote for McCain.

SpursFanFirst
09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Given what you have written about yourself in these threads it really makes no sense for you to vote for McCain.

How so?

DarkReign
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
How so?

Thats a good question. Knowing someone's personal details only alludes to what they might deeply care about.

KenMcCoy
09-22-2008, 03:07 PM

For a democracy to work people need to vote for what is best for the common good and not what is best for themselves...

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury*

*I don't care who said it but it rings true.

Oh, Gee!!
09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
single-issue voters are the best thing that happened to our country.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
:rolleyes

JohnnyMarzetti
09-22-2008, 04:42 PM

Oh, STFU with that BS.

Wild Cobra
09-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Libtard Alert...

When, My God, When will you guys start a little research and stop being retards? I want to stop the name calling, but I have to call it like I see it.

There are too many small minded libtards here!

John McCain's statement is true. He owns two cars. One is a vintage 1960's military Jeep and the other is a USA made 2004 Cadillac STS. The other cars are Cindy's!

When the media reports "The McCain's" that includes his wife and children. Remember people, they have separate assets!

The McCain's own a Toyota Prius. Megan drives this car. More fuel efficient than the Obama's SUV, even though it's a hybrid. Funny how he traded it in before the elections started from a Chrysler Hemi 300C.

John McCain and wife Cindy own 13 cars, Newsweek finds (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/09/21/2008-09-21_john_mccain_and_wife_cindy_own_13_cars_n.html)

Shastafarian
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
John McCain's statement is true. He owns two cars. One is a vintage 1960's military Jeep and the other is a USA made 2004 Cadillac STS. The other cars are Cindy's!

Do you realize how absurd of a premise this is? Like I said, I don't really care. But you should probably stop calling people "retards". You might offend someone who actually cares about people who are mentally handicapped.

DarrinS
09-23-2008, 04:50 PM
In other non-news, Jay Leno owns 84 cars and 73 motorcycles.

Wild Cobra
09-23-2008, 05:37 PM

Many of them are so cool, and some custom built.

What do you think of the
Jay Leno Tank Car (http://www.autoblog.com/tag/Gran%20Turismo%204/) he had custom built?

http://granturismo4fr.free.fr/images/voitures/voiture22.jpg

Yes, it's a computer game image, but the car really exists! Here's a real photo:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/editorial_images/non_imported/jay_leno_tank_car.jpg

How about this E85 600 HP modified Corvette:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n131/sealboyy/C6RS.jpg (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99952)

Wild Cobra
09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh, STFU with that BS.

But it's not BS.

The Truth Is Out There!

And with Obama, it is...

Apology is Policy!

Wild Cobra
09-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Do you realize how absurd of a premise this is? Like I said, I don't really care.

There are people who think it is an issue. They live with confirmation bias. The liberal media knows how to spin a story without lying and make certain impressions on people. I call them libtards for their lack of critical thinking, to decipher the real story by what is also left out and how specific wording is used.

The thread was about McCain saying HE only buys American, then shows the family cars that include imports. This is the point I care about. The libtards try to make the claim that McCain lied about his claim. For anyone married or divorced of wife with her own money, we all know you have no say in HER purchases.

It should be noted as a point of fairness that one vehicle is a hybrid and three are electric. But no, cannot be fair and balanced, right? I went back to refer the original thread in posing one, but Thunder Dan didn't know how to link correctly.

But you should probably stop calling people "retards". You might offend someone who actually cares about people who are mentally handicapped.
Keep in mind that retardation has various degrees and words to describe them. I'm not calling them Cretins, Idiots, Imbeciles, or Morons which are degree of retardation farther than I imply.

Now I will agree with you that most libtards are not retarded. This is because borderline retardation is an IQ of 70 to 79. I do think most libtards are in at least the 85 and above IQ levels. Few above 100 though. I will now define a libtard as a liberal who has other liberals telling him what to think, because he doesn't think for himself. Maybe even smart, but too lazy to care for knowing the truth.

I'd love to see a statistical IQ spread showing political leaning! I'll bet that as the IQ goes below 100, more people are liberal and as it goes above 100, more people are conservative. Yes, my bias is showing... Still, I believe such a thing is true.

I really wish people here would give me cause to stop cussing and name calling. However, what I see here by some posters borders on moronic. How can I not think they have some level of retardation?

I have sympathy for those who are truly retarded. Few can live a self sufficient life, and I am all for generous government hand-outs to them. I am against government hand-outs to those who are nothing but sponges on the social welfare system. I say push the illegals out and make employers search the social agencies for help.

Sorry, I try not to drift of topic. Farther discussion there deserves it's own thread. This actually does too.

PixelPusher
09-23-2008, 09:29 PM

Is Jay Leno running for President? Did the Jay Leno campaign for Prez call Obama an elitist?

DarrinS
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Is Jay Leno running for President? Did the Jay Leno campaign for Prez call Obama an elitist?

dumb -- just like this thread

PixelPusher
09-23-2008, 09:32 PM
dumb -- just like this thread

Yes, bringing Jay Leno into this was pretty dumb.

DarrinS
09-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes, bringing Jay Leno into this was pretty dumb.

What else can be brought to such an enlightening thread?

What's next, who owns the most boats?

PixelPusher
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
What else can be brought to such an enlightening thread?

What's next, who owns the most boats?
I dunno...the price of arugula at the produce aisle? Opps, that one's already been done...