PDA

View Full Version : Yankees fans are ...

lefty
09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
...retarded

Crying at the end of the last game at Yankees Stadium.

Get over it, it's just a fucking stadium

Lakers fans didn't give a fuck when Spurs officially closed the Forum

Whisky Dog
09-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Im going to drive to Irving, set up my cooler, and have a big cry when Texas Stadium closes.

Ok, maybe not.

dbreiden83080
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
...retarded

Lefty you need help and lots of it

:rolleyes:rolleyes

IronMexican
09-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Lefty and Ducks seem to have something in common "Hate, hate, hate"

lefty
09-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Lefty you need help and lots of it

:rolleyes:rolleyes

I don't need help.

They do.

There are more tragic things ; it's not like someone died for fuck sake

Anti.Hero
09-22-2008, 09:44 AM
No appreciation for history.

CubanMustGo
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Crimeny, I hate the Yankees but that stadium has seen a lot. It's not some 25-year 'wonder' like Texas Stadium. Babe Ruth hit a HR in the first game ever played there, for crying out loud, and even if you hate the Yankees you have to respect all the championships they won there over the years. So some fans got emotional, what skin is it off your nose? There's a reason "fan" came from "fanatic," after all.

Non-Yankee fan Lefty is ...
clueless
jealous
petty
disturbed
all of the above

dbreiden83080
09-22-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't need help.

They do.

There are more tragic things ; it's not like someone died for fuck sake

I live in NY and am a huge Yankees fan. My father was emotional about the stadium being tore down because of all his memories as a kid going to the ball-park. Mantle was his favorite player and he has fond memories of Summer's at Yankee stadium watching the Mick hit em out. If you grew up a Yankees fan and have been to the stadium more times than you can count over the years, you would have an appreciation of the history and tradition. Yankee Stadium is one of the most iconic ballparks of all time. It is not just another stadium. If you see it that way, that's fine, but there is nothing wrong with people getting emotional because it means much more to them than it does to you.

KEDA
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Being a die-hard Red Sox fan for almost 25 years I can say this.

I am sad to see Yankee Stadium go, it was a piece of history, I actually think it should be a historic landmark. To think of all of the legends that have played there over the past 85 years is astonishing.

I got a chill when I saw Whitey Ford and Don Larsen on the mound and Berra behind the plate. Absolute legends of the game, and Im glad I got to see it, albeit on television.

Obstructed_View
09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
My grandfather would have been emotional to see the end of Yankee stadium. He went there when he was a litlte kid to see Ruth play and took my dad there to see Dimaggio and Mantle. If you love baseball and you love New York, it's an important moment.

v2freak
09-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Can someone tell me why it is being torn down? If they like it so much, why don't they keep using it?

dbreiden83080
09-22-2008, 03:07 PM
My grandfather would have been emotional to see the end of Yankee stadium. He went there when he was a litlte kid to see Ruth play and took my dad there to see Dimaggio and Mantle. If you love baseball and you love New York, it's an important moment.

:toast

Someone that understands what i was saying

JamStone
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Buildings get torn down. New buildings get built.

You can appreciate history without being a fucking tool crying over bricks and dirt.

dbreiden83080
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Can someone tell me why it is being torn down? If they like it so much, why don't they keep using it?

Because it is really old and starting to cost more to keep running than it should. The Yanks are the richest team in all of baseball so they decided to cut their losses and privately finance a new stadium. The Red-Sox one day will tear down Fen-Way and the Cubbies one day will part ways with Wrigley Field and their fans will be very emotional about it as well.

lefty
09-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm nor saying it's not a great building, or that it doesn't have lot of great memories.

In fact, I wish they kept Yankee Stadium, as It's really authentic

But still....

dbreiden83080
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
But still....

"Still" what??

I explained to you why it means so much to some people. What else do you wanna know? If you are not a huge Yankees fan that has been there countless times, of course it means nothing to you.

lefty
09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
"Still" what??

I explained to you why it means so much to some people. What else do you wanna know? If you are not a huge Yankees fan that has been there countless times, of course it means nothing to you.

I'm a Yankees fan

Reggie Miller
09-22-2008, 04:41 PM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/Doc_Steve/yankeecard.jpg

dbreiden83080
09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm a Yankees fan

Sure you are

lefty
09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Sure you are

That's what I said

Duh :donkey

dbreiden83080
09-22-2008, 06:05 PM
That's what I said

Duh :donkey

Right before you said this

...retarded

:rolleyes

lefty
09-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Right before you said this

:rolleyes

And...?

What's your point?

I' m a Yankees fan who thinks that those other Yankees fans who were at Yankee Stadium crying last Sunday are fucking retards

I'm a fan, not a homer

Reggie Miller
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
And...?

What's your point?

I' m a Yankees fan who thinks that those other Yankees fans who were at Yankee Stadium crying last Sunday are fucking retards

I'm a fan, not a homer

I am 37. I am a Cubs fan, and I have been ever since my family had cable installed in 1982. We lost our AAA team (fed Detroit) two years later, so I have been a pretty hardcore Cubs fan for some time now.

Objectively, there are two major obstacles in the way of the Chicago National League Ballclub:

1) Tribune Co. ownership; and
2) Wrigley Field.

Over the years, due to the Tribune's manipulation of Wrigley Field as a National Historical Landmark and media frenzy generally, I have only seen the Cubs at Wrigley Field once. (That was against the Expos in 1988, for crying out loud.) When I have seen the Cubs in person any other time in the last twenty years, I was at Busch Stadium, Busch Stadium II, Riverfront Stadium, The Great American Ballpark, Three Rivers Stadium, Miller Park, Turner Field, New Comiskey, or U.S. Cellular Field.

When you factor in all of the Cubs' games I watched at the old Busch Stadium and the years I lived near Al Lang Stadium in St. Petersburg (Spring training), I have seen more Cardinals' games than Cubs' games in person.

Bottom Line: Burn the Urinal to the ground, for all I care. The Cubs' fan base justifies a 50,000+ facility. If they had a decent stadium and its corresponding revenues back in the 1980's, it wouldn't be 100 years since the last Cubs' last world championship.

Compared to Fenway and Bosse Field (the only other stadiums anywhere close to 100 years old), Wrigley is a moldy dump.

dbreiden83080
09-22-2008, 08:16 PM
And...?

What's your point?

I'm a fan, not a homer

I made my point clear multiple times yet you still seem not able to get it or just looking for an argument. Hardcore Yankee fans that have great memories of Yankee Stadium, as kids or adults it means something to them. I have been to Yankee Stadium probably 50 times since i was a kid, my father more than a hundred times and i explained the specifics of that already. It means a hell of a lot to certain fans. Fans that i can tell are much bigger than you are claiming to be. You get it NOW???

lefty
09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
I made my point clear multiple times yet you still seem not able to get it or just looking for an argument. Hardcore Yankee fans that have great memories of Yankee Stadium, as kids or adults it means something to them. I have been to Yankee Stadium probably 50 times since i was a kid, my father more than a hundred times and i explained the specifics of that already. It means a hell of a lot to certain fans. Fans that i can tell are much bigger than you are claiming to be. You get it NOW???

I don't.

But thanks for trying

Reggie Miller
09-22-2008, 08:37 PM

True Confessions:

1) Tearing down Yankee Stadium helps my cause greatly. If Fenway and Wrigley are rebuilt/relocated/etc., then my little hometown park, Bosse Field, becomes the last existing facility to see Babe Ruth hit a home run (or even play at all, for that matter). It has also seen homeruns from Ty Cobb, Hank Greenburg, Gil Hodges, and Hank Aaron. Christy Matthewson once managed a game here, as well.

http://www.ballparkreviews.com/eville/eville.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosse_Field

2) My liitle home town park, Bosse Field, has unlimited value as a pure National Landmark or National Park. It is still in excellent shape, thanks to the local school corporation and the Detroit Tigers' organization. If it were to be made a National Landmark, for instance, it wouldn't affect the day-to-day operations of our Frontier League team one little bit. The Department of the Interior could just rent the park to the Otters, just like the school corporation (EVSC) does now. The Frontier League's short season is perfect for this type of cooperation, as they only play games during the peak tourism season (summer proper).

Keep tearing them down, MLB!!!

K-State Spur
09-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Just go with "Yankee fans are retarded" and leave it at that. No more statement necessary.

Reggie Miller
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
I thought the same, but then my friend told me, for most of those people, their parents, grandparents, and in some cases great grandparents went to the stadium.

I would have left it standing.

I would have thought that it had some value as a paid attraction/museum.

This would have streamlined the possibility of selling the naming rights as well. No one's going to bitch about calling the new stadium "ConHugeCo Stadium" or whatever if "Yankee Stadium" is still standing.

Extra Stout
09-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I remember having this discussion with my in-laws when the most recent Busch Stadium closed. Basically, if you aren't a native of the city, with family rooting for the team for generations, and with dozens of memories of being in a seat at the stadium when incredible things happened, you don't know what you're talking about and should keep your mouth shut.

lefty
09-23-2008, 04:56 PM
:lmao Not all of them are retards, but some are

NYC cops arrest 18 for stealing pieces of Yankee Stadium

NEW YORK -- New York City police say they arrested more than a dozen people for stealing pieces of Yankee Stadium during the 85-year-old ballpark's final game.

Police say 18 fans were charged with possessing stolen property.

Officers were out in force for the stadium's final game on Sunday to keep souvenir hunters from tearing away pieces of the place.

Yankee spokesman Howard Rubenstein told the New York Post that they intend to hire a private security team to protect the stadium from other would-be

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3603914

Obstructed_View
09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
It would be cool for a team to come up with a plan where they rebuild the stadium on the same location around the existing field, thus preserving the "tradition" while being able to update the building. Nobody gives a shit about anything but the field; they aren't going out of their way to make sure the bathrooms or the seats are the exact same dimensions in the new Yankee stadium.

lefty
09-23-2008, 05:08 PM
It would be cool for a team to come up with a plan where they rebuild the stadium on the same location around the existing field, thus preserving the "tradition" while being able to update the building. Nobody gives a shit about anything but the field; they aren't going out of their way to make sure the bathrooms or the seats are the exact same dimensions in the new Yankee stadium.

How about extending the toilet doors down to the floor?

bostonguy
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
I am sad Yankee stadium is gone. At least I can say I was at game 7 of the 2004 alcs and watched the sox make history while putting a curse on the yanks. I have been to my share of sox/yanks games both at fenway and yankee stadium. Yankee stadium is classic and it sucks it is gone but it is the right choice in terms of $$$.

Whisky Dog
09-24-2008, 11:35 PM

That would be cool to keep the same exact field with the same exact dimensions so that people can point to right field and say "That, little Billy, is where Babe Ruth stood" and all that kind of nostalgic stuff with DiMaggio, Mantle, etc.

If they did that they'd have to play a couple of seasons in Shea like they did in the 70's when Yankee Stadium underwent that big remodel. I'm guessing they didn't want that.

Whisky Dog
09-24-2008, 11:37 PM
When they actually tear it down they should have a monument outlining the exact dimensions of the field as it stands now as a tourist attraction where you can trot the ground the Babe took on his homers.