PDA

View Full Version : IKEA San Antonio?

Ginofan
09-22-2008, 09:26 PM
My mom heard from somewhere (she doesn't remember exactly where from) that they were building an IKEA in San Antonio...perhaps at the RIM. Does anyone know when this would be happening? BuddyHolly perhaps?

Shelly
09-22-2008, 09:30 PM
I remember when IKEA used to be STØR. I still have a table we bought from them.

ChumpDumper
09-22-2008, 09:36 PM
More rim jobs!

Is there enough land out there for an IKEA?

braeden0613
09-22-2008, 09:40 PM
It seems like someone posted a rumor about this on the city-data forum over a year ago. I doubt one would ever be built here since there is one right up 35 in Round Rock.

ChuckD
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
It seems like someone posted a rumor about this on the city-data forum over a year ago. I doubt one would ever be built here since there is one right up 35 in Round Rock.

Uh, that would be 85 miles up I35...from 1604. Not exactly in the neighborhood.

ashbeeigh
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM

I read that too. I think the follow up was that the permit was pulled because the IKEA was in the "environmental study" area for Camp Bullis, so were a lot of other cool places. I'm all for saving that little area, myself. I want an IKEA though!

So, I think GinoFan, the answer is, there was a plan for an IKEA, but it fell through.

Sunshine
09-22-2008, 09:57 PM

I saw those rumors too. Rumored to be opening where Central Park Mall was, but then saw where someone said (again, not first hand) that Ikea issued a statement that they weren't going to open anymore Texas locations for a while.