PDA

View Full Version : The sound of laughter (Aidan Update)

MajorMike
09-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The sweet sound of laughter

Yesterday after I got back from the dentist, Aidan and I were just hanging out watching TV. I was on the phone with my brother and heard what I thought was Aidan fussing. I looked over and he wasn't fussing.... he was smiling and LAUGHING! I burst into tears immediately. My baby laughed! I don't know what was so funny but he had laughed for the nurse while I was gone too.

Several weeks ago, Russell heard him laugh in the hyperbaric chamber, but we hadn't heard him do it since then. I ran around trying to find my camera so I could get a video of him laughing, and I called my mom so that she could hear it too.

So, I'd like to share the video of Aidan laughing with you all. One side of his face is still weak, so he has kind of a half smile. I can't even begin to tell you all how excited and happy I am. Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll see and hear even more from him.

I have to take him tomorrow to the speech therapy center for them to do an evaluation to see if he is a candidate for the vital stem therapy (which he should be). This will help strengthen the muscles for swallowing so that we can start introducing solids by mouth. It's going to take some time before the g-tube will come out... probably years, but we're okay with that. Aidan is healthy and is obviously gaining weight. That's all we can ask for.

Hope you all enjoy the video! *If the music player is interfering with hearing the video, just pause the player at the bottom of the page so you can watch the video.*

Link to video (http://prayforaidan.blogspot.com/2008/09/sweet-sound-of-laughter.html)

BacktoBasics
09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Outstanding news

duncan228
09-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the update CaptMike. Such great news and what a wonderful sound Aidan's laugh must have been to his parents.

mrsmaalox
09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
That's awesome.

Taco
09-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Awsome:tu

MoSpur
09-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the update Mike. That's incredible. I remember the day you were in here asking people to pray for him right after his accident.

ORION
09-23-2008, 01:46 PM
:tu
Kids are the greatest gift of all.

thispego
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the update Mike. That's incredible. I remember the day you were in here asking people to pray for him right after his accident.

yeah, i wonder why that didnt work? maybe somebody here didnt pray hard enough!!!

to21
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
That's great.....I'm glad he's pulling thru.

remingtonbo2001
09-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Awesome. :)

I'll continue to pray for Aidan.

Slydragon
09-23-2008, 10:17 PM
:tu

RashoFan
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Such great news!