PDA

View Full Version : Nice Little Interview With David West

duncan228
09-23-2008, 11:59 PM
There are pics on the site.

The Real Deal (http://slamonline.com/online/2008/09/the-real-deal/)

David West works hard and doesn’t play.

Who were your favorite players when you were younger and starting to get into basketball?[/B]
David Robinson, Magic Johnson, they were the main guys, and then Tim Duncan. David Robinson, I like the way he played. He was always a winner. Despite what a lot of critics said about the way he played, he was always a winner.

[B]Are there any old-school players whom you model your game after?
Not really, but I look to Magic just because he was a guy with size who could do a whole lot of things. That’s probably the guy, if there was one, a particular player who I saw that made me think I could do that. He was someone who made me think about doing more than one or two things on the basketball court.

How has life been as a pro so far? Harder than you thought? Easier?
You make it how you want to make it. I think some guys make it difficult on themselves. I just kind of let things happen. I don’t go around trying to be caught up in it, making sure everybody knows that I’m in the league, I’m not like that at all. You can have a really normal life if you want it.

Are you a sneaker fan?
Growing up, I wasn’t a big sneaker guy. I played in mainly what my mama could afford. That was basically it. In school, I think I wore the team Nikes. I think they were the first pair of Nikes I got, in like 7th or 8th grade. The whole team had the same shoes.

What about the shoes you wear in games now…are you very particular about the style of shoe, the design, the colorways?
You know, I’m just grateful these days. I remember when I didn’t have a lot of options, and now I have more than a few. Last season I wore the Zooms. I don’t pay much attention to the names, as long as it feels good. As long as it’s comfortable, I’m good. The way I see it, when you finish playing in a pair for a few times, if it’s not hurting your feet, it’s good. You can tell right away whether or not new shoes will be comfortable. If not, you take ’em off and put ’em back in the box.

What do you think of the future of your team? Where do you see you guys heading this season?
We understand what it takes. We have a pretty good idea of the type of basketball we need to play in order to have that type of success again. Last season, we knew that if we did that night in and night out, we knew we’d get good results. This summer, I’ll keep working out and relaxing, just waiting for the new season.

MrChug
09-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Good kid, and not bcuz of the Spurs references. He's always struck me as a bottom liner as a guy and we'll sort out the details later type...

Many PackYao
09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
I like his game, but I can't stand his on-court persona.I hope the Rockets or the other Texas teams kick the crap out of the Hornets every time they play. I know that won't happen as much I'd like, but I can wish.:ihit

BUMP
09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
David West is a little bitch

BUMP
09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
and he CAN kick my ass:lol

monosylab1k
09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Knowing how bad the Mavs got beat in that series anyways, in hindsight I would have loved for Dirk to beat the ever loving shit out of this faggot after the face touching incident. No doubt he would have knocked that little bitch the eff out.

BUMP
09-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Knowing how bad the Mavs got beat in that series anyways, in hindsight I would have loved for Dirk to beat the ever loving shit out of this faggot after the face touching incident. No doubt he would have knocked that little bitch the eff out.
yeah thats why he's a bitch, but West is an actual boxer in the offseason, so not much you can do if your Dirk

dirk4mvp
09-24-2008, 01:12 PM
yeah thats why he's a bitch, but West is an actual boxer in the offseason, so not much you can do if your Dirk

nut shot

monosylab1k
09-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Dirk could take that pansy, guaranteed. Take one look at Holger Geschwindner and tell me you don't think he's already taught Dirk 99 ways to kill a man with his bare hands.

JamStone
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah, David West is a prick on the court, but I don't mind that in players. That comes out of a player's competitive nature. Most of the great players in the history of the league were assholes on and off the court. You have to be to some extent to be the best.

But, I like the fact that off the court, it appears he doesn't get consumed by his celebrity or is worried about shoe endorsements or anything like that. Shows he's pretty grounded for the most part.

stretch
09-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah, David West is a prick on the court, but I don't mind that in players. That comes out of a player's competitive nature. Most of the great players in the history of the league were assholes on and off the court. You have to be to some extent to be the best.

But, I like the fact that off the court, it appears he doesn't get consumed by his celebrity or is worried about shoe endorsements or anything like that. Shows he's pretty grounded for the most part.

lol you hate lebron james

JamStone
09-24-2008, 01:44 PM
lol you hate lebron james

And, you're obsessed with me for some reason.

Start a fanclub.

Anti.Hero
09-24-2008, 01:46 PM
He's a douchebag on the court but I respect his passion/game.

rAm
09-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Dirk could take that pansy, guaranteed. Take one look at Holger Geschwindner and tell me you don't think he's already taught Dirk 99 ways to kill a man with his bare hands.

:lol at you thinking Dirk is tough enough to mess with David West, or any black player in the entire league for that matter. He could probably stomp on Shawn Bradley though.

monosylab1k
09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
:lol at you thinking Dirk is tough enough to mess with David West, or any black player in the entire league for that matter. He could probably stomp on Shawn Bradley though.

You racist fucking douchebag.

I. Hustle
09-24-2008, 02:17 PM
http://www.newcomicreviews.com/cliches/wacist.gif

Red Hawk #21
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
David West seems like such a cool guy off the court but on the court he's a prick and so are the rest of the Hornets as a matter of fact. Paul, West, Chandler, and the rest of them all act like pricks during games and it pisses me off like nothing else. The only people I really respect on that team are Mo Pete and Peja, and btw has Peja ever spoken before?

Private Joker
09-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

rAm
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
You racist fucking douchebag.

You insult dodging queer.

lefty
09-24-2008, 07:22 PM
David West seems like such a cool guy off the court but on the court he's a prick and so are the rest of the Hornets as a matter of fact. Paul, West, Chandler, and the rest of them all act like pricks during games and it pisses me off like nothing else. The only people I really respect on that team are Mo Pete and Peja, and btw has Peja ever spoken before?

+1 on every count

td4mvp21
09-24-2008, 07:26 PM
West is a good player but he's a little bitch on the court. I'm not going to forget how he and the rest of the Hornets acted in the playoffs against us.

lefty
09-24-2008, 07:36 PM
West is a good player but he's a little bitch on the court. I'm not going to forget how he and the rest of the Hornets acted in the playoffs against us.

Me neither.

And winning game 7 on their court was so sweet

ChuckD
09-24-2008, 09:47 PM
nut shot

AKA the "Mavs special"

dirk4mvp
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM
AKA the "Mavs special"

rofl! it's like you're saying the mavs special is hitting players in the nuts! nice one!

sook
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
totally agree with the Dirk incident and stuff.

But not just that, he pushed Scola down and didn't even get a T.

The entire Hornets team has this nasty attitude going on:ihit