PDA

View Full Version : Mahinmi injured

Bruno
09-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Per french newspaper, Mahinmi has had an ankle injury one month ago. He will still be out for 3 weeks.

It means that he will miss most of the training camp. :depressed

timvp
09-24-2008, 05:05 AM
You gotta be kidding me. WTF? :pctoss

There goes any shot he had at earning a large role going into the season. Training camp is the most important time of year for a young player trying to prove himself on the Spurs. This will likely lead to him spending quite a bit of time in the D-League.

This summer needs to end before any more great things happen to the Spurs and their players.

timtonymanu
09-24-2008, 05:08 AM
Jesus, i was hoping the recent FO signings would be signs of stopping bad luck. how much more shit can there be?

hopefully this all pays off in the end.

kobyz
09-24-2008, 05:58 AM
2008 year is cursed for the Spurs

SpurSupremacist
09-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Score. Matt Bonner minutes.

Drippin' Fan
09-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Can you post a link for this story on mahinmi? My Google search did not come up with any such news. Thank you.

spurs50_
09-24-2008, 06:42 AM
small ball anyone?

Allanon
09-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Man, this is some really snake bitten stuff if it's true.

Mahinmi wasn't even playing for the France National team so hopefully he wasn't trying to pull a Monta when he got injured.

Mahinmi indeed needed this camp to work in, definitely lost his chance (albeit slim) of starting with the Spurs in the near future.

Bruno
09-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Can you post a link for this story on mahinmi? My Google search did not come up with any such news. Thank you.

It's from french newspaper "L'équipe", so no link.
You can buy the paper version or the PDF version on "L'équipe" website.

And in this article thee isn't more news about Mahinmi's injury because the subject of this article is France NT future, not Mahinmi's injury.

mrspurs
09-24-2008, 07:02 AM
You gotta be kidding me. WTF? :pctoss

There goes any shot he had at earning a large role going into the season. Training camp is the most important time of year for a young player trying to prove himself on the Spurs. This will likely lead to him spending quite a bit of time in the D-League.

This summer needs to end before any more great things happen to the Spurs and their players.

When it rains it pours.

phyzik
09-24-2008, 08:11 AM
wont believe it until I see something official from the NBA... or at the very least ESPN.

Ryvin1
09-24-2008, 08:13 AM
maybe it was a story told to the frence NT to keep him from playing, and not really an injury.

mountainballer
09-24-2008, 08:28 AM
just read that the Spurs recently had David Harrison in for a work out. so they think about bringing another big to the camp.
if they now need someone to replace Ian's foul production, Harrison would be the right guy.

SenorSpur
09-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Fate has taken yet another big bite out of the Spurs' ass apple

JP le Requin
09-24-2008, 08:46 AM
the wheel turn....at the end of the year we will be lucky...we will have many luckies chot!! in po moreover ;-)

completely deck
09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh you've got to be kidding me.

hater
09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
holy shit!

NOLA vodoo curse finally kicking in

thispego
09-24-2008, 08:55 AM

:tu

Drippin' Fan
09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
It's from french newspaper "L'équipe", so no link.
You can buy the paper version or the PDF version on "L'équipe" website.

And in this article thee isn't more news about Mahinmi's injury because the subject of this article is France NT future, not Mahinmi's injury.Thank you for your response. It does seem odd that nobody else has this story.

JP le Requin
09-24-2008, 09:43 AM
chutt its a secret from cia pop, ian mainmi act like a stealth player..nobody can see him, he is under radar ;-) nobody knew for his health condition in summer lol
i mean everything is under control or what? lol

Supergirl
09-24-2008, 09:44 AM
man that sucks

Red Hawk #21
09-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Darn that sux, hopefully he can have a speedy recovery.

Phenomanul
09-24-2008, 09:49 AM
just read that the Spurs recently had David Harrison in for a work out. so they think about bringing another big to the camp.
if they now need someone to replace Ian's foul production, Harrison would be the right guy.

Isn't this the guy that threatened to kill Oberto???

Manufan909
09-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Damn strong Euro, this wouldn't be nearly as bad if Splitter could be relied on to take heavy minutes earlier than planned. Guess we'll see if Bonner can replace Ian/Horry/himself as well as he did Tim last season. If so, we'll be good. I really wanted an athletic big though, which is exactly what Matt is not.

FUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mountainballer
09-24-2008, 10:02 AM

actually he threatened to kill Bonner. I wonder who he worked out against. maybe the Spurs work on an injury exception for Bonner.

urunobili
09-24-2008, 10:03 AM
damn this lowers his chances of proving me wrong and turn out to be a stud...

Bruno
09-24-2008, 10:22 AM
If Mahinmi is back at 100% in 3 weeks, it won't be a that big deal. He would have missed two weeks of training camp that are mainly practice. He will still have some preseason games to prove what he is worth. However, I'm not really optimistic because it takes some times to come back after an injury that has sidelined you for about one and a half month.

And the fact that this injury hasn't been reported by the E-N is just another proof of Spurs' dismal coverage. :td

TDMVPDPOY
09-24-2008, 11:40 AM
busts

Obstructed_View
09-24-2008, 12:13 PM
actually he threatened to kill Bonner. I wonder who he worked out against. maybe the Spurs work on an injury exception for Bonner.

Maybe Pop is hoping he actually kills Bonner.

Tully365
09-24-2008, 12:25 PM

I seem to remember that he threatened to kill Bonner-- am I remembering that right? I guess that's why he smokes pot... to take off the edge.

nfg3
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
With all that is happening this is really going to be a very interesting year. Hopefully there will be a silver lining to this but as of now this really sucks. Time will tell, though.
I agree with timvp - missing training camp is not a good thing for Ian. This time of year is crucial for new players to get accustomed to and fit into the Spurs system.

SenorSpur
09-24-2008, 01:07 PM
I seem to remember that he threatened to kill Bonner-- am I remembering that right? I guess that's why he smokes pot... to take off the edge.

You, sir, have an excellent memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Harrison_(basketball)#cite_note-0

In 2008, the Pacers suspended Harrison for one game following an incident in which Harrison expressed his frustration inside the San Antonio Spurs' locker room after Spurs forward Matt Bonner hit him in the face (Bonner was called for an offensive foul). In Harrison's first game back from the suspension he had 4 points, 6 rebounds and a career high 6 blocks in just 20 minutes of play.

Personally, I've always thought Harrison was an underachiever who couldn't control his aggression. Perhaps he will rekindle his affection for Bonner, and his aggressive post play, in training camp. :lol

tomtom
09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
wow this sucks, really liked him, hope he still has a chance...

DPG21920
09-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Well just like the Ginobili injury, there could be a silver lining in th..............nevermind, this sucks. Hopefully the french really suck at reporting and diagnosing injuries and this is nothing.

td4mvp21
09-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Fuck. This. Offseason.

urunobili
09-24-2008, 02:25 PM
remember Mortal Kombat?... FATALITY! :lol

Galileo
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
expect Minhinmi to line up an an NBA all-star with Tim Duncan this February.

Spurs Brazil
09-24-2008, 02:41 PM
DAMN,

If it really 3 weeks he'll miss the first 2 weeks of Camp.

He can play some preseason games but to have a chance to be in the regular rotation he'd have to be healthy from the beggining

Brutalis
09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Somewhere the hit man for Oberto is having a cigar laughing it off.

Tully365
09-24-2008, 04:31 PM
You, sir, have an excellent memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Harrison_(basketball)#cite_note-0

In 2008, the Pacers suspended Harrison for one game following an incident in which Harrison expressed his frustration inside the San Antonio Spurs' locker room after Spurs forward Matt Bonner hit him in the face (Bonner was called for an offensive foul). In Harrison's first game back from the suspension he had 4 points, 6 rebounds and a career high 6 blocks in just 20 minutes of play.

Personally, I've always thought Harrison was an underachiever who couldn't control his aggression. Perhaps he will rekindle his affection for Bonner, and his aggressive post play, in training camp. :lol

:lol I'm sure in some people's eyes Harrison threatening to kill Bonner made him an honorary member of the Spurs already. Or at least of spurstalk.

Manufan909
09-24-2008, 06:14 PM
He's already been in training before though, right? Hasn't he practiced with the Spurs a full season now? I wouldn't think that this would represent a huge problem for him minutes wise, but I guess giving Bonner his PT the first week wouldn't be a disaster. This will really test Pop's coaching skills, cuz he can't afford to make his future stud big make his injury even worse, and turn into Grant Hill at the ripe age of 22. He really needs 10-15 minutes as soon as possible.

ShoogarBear
09-24-2008, 07:22 PM

just read that the Spurs recently had David Harrison in for a work out.

actually he threatened to kill Bonner.

Oh, uh, then again, maybe not.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Finished.

Spurtacus
09-24-2008, 09:48 PM
This has been a memorable offseason...

Mister Sinister
09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
:lol I'm sure in some people's eyes Harrison threatening to kill Bonner made him an honorary member of the Spurs already. Or at least of spurstalk.
"David Harrison recieved this spur for threatening to kill Matt Bonner."

wisnub
09-24-2008, 10:09 PM
2008 year is cursed for the Spurs

Amen....summer gotta stop and season gotta start before something else happen

ulosturedge
09-24-2008, 10:13 PM
He's trying to get a roster spot without ever setting foot on the court this pre-season. Nice!! Best off-season ever!

angelbelow
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dbreiden83080
09-24-2008, 10:53 PM
If he is going to be any good, when he gets healthy he'll prove himself in practice, slowly work himself in, get some minutes and prove he belongs out there. The Spurs have to know they need to give him a shot to make an impact the way this offseason has gone. It is not like we have studs at every spot, he has no shot at beating out.

m33p0
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM
I'd like to see him try. Matt ain't known as the Red Rocket for nothin. :ihit

Ice009
09-24-2008, 11:19 PM
If he is going to be any good, when he gets healthy he'll prove himself in practice, slowly work himself in, get some minutes and prove he belongs out there. The Spurs have to know they need to give him a shot to make an impact the way this offseason has gone. It is not like we have studs at every spot, he has no shot at beating out.

What if someone like Watkins really steps up in preseason? Can he take a spot on the roster if Ian is injured?

bigdog
09-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Either Tolliver or Watkins needs to step it up our I'm going to be scared for our front line. I'm interested to see what Watkins can provide the team in camp/preseason, he looks promising. I think what we saw in summer league is pretty much what we're going to see of Tolliver in the preseason, but numbers probably won't be as high.

As for Mahinmi, this is bad for him, obviously. The damn guy just can't get a break, can he? Spends majority of the year in Austin and now it looks like he might end up there to start the season. I was (and most of us) really looking forward to seeing him progress in this year's camp.

Hemotivo
09-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Somewhere the hit man for Oberto is having a cigar laughing it off.

"David Harrison recieved this spur for threatening to kill Matt Bonner."

:lol

SenorSpur
09-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Do we know for sure whether Harrison has been signed to the training camp roster?

mountainballer
09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Do we know for sure whether Harrison has been signed to the training camp roster?

no. he has worked out for Bulls, Spurs and Wolves. he's looking for guaranteed money, or will go to Europe. whatever number of money he's thinking about.
but a player like him also won't get tons of money there. he's a foul machine in the NBA, this might be even worse under FIBA rules. he will also only be offered either small money or a non guaranteed make good contract.

SenorSpur
09-25-2008, 11:12 AM
no. he has worked out for Bulls, Spurs and Wolves. he's looking for guaranteed money, or will go to Europe. whatever number of money he's thinking about.
but a player like him also won't get tons of money there. he's a foul machine in the NBA, this might be even worse under FIBA rules. he will also only be offered either small money or a non guaranteed make good contract.

I can understand his request. Good luck to him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-25-2008, 12:25 PM
This is the year everyone goes down to injury and we get the top pick again.

spursreport
09-25-2008, 12:29 PM
So this story was reported and has up to 3 pages yet there isnt a link to it?????? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

mexicanjunior
09-25-2008, 12:30 PM

We should have carried that plan out last year...

Dex
09-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I was able to find this link.

http://www.chinaspurs.com/forum/printthread.php?t=15067

Look what you've started, Bruno.

SenorSpur
09-25-2008, 12:54 PM
We should have carried that plan out last year...

Actually 2 seasons ago, which would've put the Spurs in line for drafting the franchise big man of the next generation - Oden.

I'd already pictured him and Tim doing shaving commercials together.

ShoogarBear
09-25-2008, 08:01 PM

Damn, didn't even think of that. But do we want Ricky Rubio?

angelbelow
09-25-2008, 08:13 PM
even if we tank, is there a dominant prospect that we want that we can use right away?

Allanon
09-25-2008, 08:20 PM
The Spurs can get a good player but I don't think they can get a Superstar like Duncan, CP3, Oden, etc.

The 2008 draft was a bit poor, only guy who can possibly turn into a Superstar is OJ Mayo. It was a blue collar draft (ie. Rose, Beasley, Love, Lopez twins)

This upcoming 2009 draft is another lackluster one with the best US superstar prospect in Italy and who knows if Jennings will come back for the draft. Ricky Rubio could also become a Superstar too if he wants to play in the NBA. The best players coming into the NBA now are guards...definitely don't see any dominant big men on the radar. This is why guys like Oden, Bynum and Splitter (for the Spurs) were so coveted. This is why the Grizzlies insisted on getting Marc Gasol in that infamous trade.