PDA

View Full Version : An Interview with Greg Oden: What do you think of Bynum?

Allanon
09-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Not another Oden Thread?
Not another Andrew Mutherf***** Bynum thread

Here's the mother of them all...Bynum AND Oden thread! Enjoy :toast

Alright I'm bored, start the season already

Greg Oden on Andrew Bynum
http://thundertalk.net/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Greg-Oden-on-Andrew-Bynum.html&Itemid=1

There aren't many great Centers in the league right now and the two best young 'uns look to be Andrew Bynum of the Los Angeles Lakers and Greg Oden of the Portland TrailBlazers. Bynum is coming back from a much publicized injury in January 2008 and Oden sat out his entire 2007/2008 after having surgery on his knee.

In my opinion, both these guys look to have some tremendous talent. Beyond the hype machine, these are two very mobile big men. Andrew Bynum being a bit longer and quicker while Oden is a powerhouse big man. They certainly have the physical aspects to be elite Centers in the NBA. Of course, they are both coming back from injuries to their knees so their recovery and progress will ultimately determine their futures. From all reports, both have fully recovered from their surgeries and if Amare Stoudamire is any measuring stick, they both look to have bright futures.

In the interview, Oden seems to strike me as a very humble player, not an obnoxious "I guarantee a win" kind of player. Of course they say the NBA changes a person but so far, he's still kept his head about him. Kudos to him and hopefully he'll have a great career...and maybe even join the Thunder at some time :)

An Interview with Oden
The LA Times blog brothers Andrew and Brian Kamenetzky recently chatted with Greg Oden and here are most of the excerpts from what he had to say:
Listen to the MP3 file here (http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/files/greg_oden.mp3)

Kamenetzky: What do you think about Andrew Bynum.
Oden: He's coming into his own, he's a really good player. He's a big guy and has good post moves. He plays defense and does everything a big guy is supposed to do.

Kamenetzky: You open up your first game of the season against the Lakers and Andrew Bynum. Do you look at this as a litmus test of how far along you have come?
Oden: Well it's my first game coming back and he's a good player and a challenge but I'm more concerned about it being my first game.

Kamenetzky: So how are you feeling now?
Oden: I'm pretty much up there, playing pick up games and I'm feeling good.

Kamenetzky: Was it tough on you waiting out the season?
Oden: It was tough on me but I have great teammates and great people around me and they helped keep me up.

Kamenetzky: Do you look at Bynum vs Oden as a great Center matchup of the future?
Oden: I hope so, but you cannot be sure of this, I hope we both have great careers, we both have great games.

Kamenetzky: Do you pattern yourself after any NBA player?
Oden: Really I'm just trying to play and come into my own. Be myself and play my game.

Kamenetzky: Alot of people think Bynum vs Oden might renew the Blazers Lakers rivalry, how do you feel about this?
Oden: It could but we'll have to see

http://thundertalk.net/images/greg-oden-blazers.jpg

TheNextGen
09-24-2008, 09:57 AM
lakers gonna get oden in a couple years for Sasha.

Tully365
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Might be one of the best rivalries over the next decade, and I look forward to watching it develop.

JamStone
09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
I think most NBA fans are still more excited for the first match-up between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Memphis Grizzlies. It almost happened on the same team. But, now it's an interconference match-up three or four times a year...

Gay-Love, Part I.

monosylab1k
09-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Might be one of the best rivalries over the next decade, and I look forward to watching it develop.

Yeah, and unfortunately that area got robbed of what would have been a far better rivalry if the Sonics stayed put and we had Oden vs. Durant for the next decade.

jonnybravo
09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I think most NBA fans are still more excited for the first match-up between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Memphis Grizzlies. It almost happened on the same team. But, now it's an interconference match-up three or four times a year...

Gay-Love, Part I.

Lol, that was a gem. Made me choke on my coffee.

Indazone
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Big Yao is gonna own Oden

When the Admiral says something like this...then well...y'know. ;)

" That is one really big human being "

Remember when you first played a pickup game against a guy who was 5 inches taller than you? LOL

Medvedenko
09-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Big Yao is gonna own Oden

When the Admiral says something like this...then well...y'know. ;)

" That is one really big human being "

Remember when you first played a pickup game against a guy who was 5 inches taller than you? LOL

It won't matter how big you are when you're sitting on the bench with an injury......that goes for Bynum and Oden too.

Indazone
09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
This is the year of Yao. He is NOT gonna get injured! Book it.

lefty
09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
lakers gonna get oden in a couple years for Sasha.

:lmao

Sad truth is that it might happen

lefty
09-24-2008, 09:51 PM

Jinx :king

wireonfire
09-24-2008, 10:49 PM

Knock on wood.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-24-2008, 11:58 PM
i'm sorry but because of the homers on this board, id probably have a little chuckle if they banged knees and both missed the season :lol

It would suck for them but the reaction here would be bloody hilarious.

Indazone
09-24-2008, 11:59 PM
i'm sorry but because of the homers on this board, id probably have a little chuckle if they banged knees and both missed the season :lol

It would suck for them but the reaction here would be bloody hilarious.

SHHHHHHHHH!!!

BUMP
09-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Oden should fake an injury first play of the game to send tlong into cardiac arrest