PDA

View Full Version : The influx of ghetto Californians

chreph
09-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Okay, long-time lurker and recent occasional poster here but there's something that's been eating away at me and I have to rant.

WTF is up with all the ghetto, hoodrat California market evacuees that have descended upon 1604 between Culebra & Bandera (otherwise known as hell in TX)? I've lived in SA my whole life and moved into a house over here 3 1/2 years ago. In that time, the amount of California license plates has tripled to the point where I think native Texans might be the minority here. A perfect example of what I am talking about would be the people renting the house next door to me (this is not an isolated thing because I've seen many cases and heard the same crap from many other people in this area).

There are 11 mother fucking people in that house - 5 mid-aged adults, 1 elderly woman, and 4 kids. They have anywhere from 4-6 cars and do not use their garage for any of them even though only 2 cars fit in these tiny ass driveways that we are given with new construction (also have had a boat in the driveway for a few weeks and a trailer for a few weeks). They are ALWAYS in the front fucking yard without fail. I understand being outside when your kids are playing back and forth across my driveway, but not all the time. They BBQ out there, leaving the BBQ pit in their front yard along with the empty Lone Star Beer bottles. One time, one of the guys who lives there went to his S-10 pickup (parked in the street and sporting "In-N-Out" stickers, of course) rolled the windows down, turned on the radio and proceeded to lean against his truck listening to 99.5. It wasn't loud or anything but he was by himself and was wasting his battery. Why couldn't the SOB just listen to the radio inside or at least do something while he had the radio on? They are l-a-z-y. One of the boards from their side of the fence fell down and stayed there over a week. My wife finally got tired of it and hammered it back in for them. Now another board has come off in the backyard and their dachsund (sp?) comes into our backyard at will. We'd put it up ourselves if we could but the board is laying sideways in their backyard (the one that is bigger than ours that they never use). We rang their doorbell (2 cars were home) yesterday to offer to put it up for them if they couldn't and they didn't answer so we left a note on the door. Don't get me wrong, they're not rude people and don't make a lot of noise, but Jesus F'n Christ they are as lazy and ghetto a household as I've seen. The only reason their lawn isn't horrible is the owner's lawn company cuts the grass for them.

Plus, our HOA website message board is filled with other ghetto Californian stories. A lot of hoodrats walk around the neighborhood and cross the street in front of cars thinking they're the shit. Someone stopped when they took their sweet ass time crossing in front of them and told them they were gonna get run over pulling shit like that. They proceeded to start yelling and cursing back stating "you don't mess with Cali girls!", etc. I witnessed another incident while running around the neighborhood similar to that story and see a bunch of the larger 2-store houses with 6 cars parked outside with either California plates, Lakers stickers, and other crap suggesting they are from California as well.

Anyone else noticing this in other areas of the city or am I just on the lucky side of town? I guess all of the non-ghetto Californians moved to Dallas and Austin?

/rant

CavsSuperFan
09-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Those Californians really get on my nerves as well…Darn yogurt sipping, granola chomping, animal rights, Left Wing Nutzos!:bang

Anti.Hero
09-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Flash a couple GUUULF COAAAAASSSST signs and get to work.

chreph
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Those Californians really get on my nerves as well…Darn yogurt sipping, granola chomping, animal rights, Left Wing Nutzos!:bang

I'd take those types of Californians over what I've got right now :depressed

Twisted_Dawg
09-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Those fuckers are drinking Lone Star Beer??? Sick twisted fucks they are. Get a rope.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd take those types of Californians over what I've got right now :depressed

Move to Stone Oak.

InRareForm
09-24-2008, 02:43 PM
This only means California improves.

I am gonna go treat myself to a double-double at In and Out after this news.

Sunshine
09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't think there is any such thing as a single part of town being 'the ghetto' anymore. I'm not a racist, so don't even go there, BUT I am prejudiced against people who don't give a damn about how they behave in public, how their houses look, how broke down their cars are and how they allow their kids to wreak havoc where ever they go.

To comment on this: There are 11 mother fucking people in that house - 5 mid-aged adults, 1 elderly woman, and 4 kids.

I was at HEB the other night (281/Evans) and overheard an employee talking to a buddy, who apparently was also an HEB employee b/c he seemed to know everyone working there. Anyway, they were talking about how you "don't see many of US in this neighborhood", but "there sure are a lot of Mexicans over here, looks like the damn West Side!" He asked her where she lived, and she mentioned a subdivision and he said "daaaaaaaaaam girl, how you gonna afford THAT?" Her answer was that there were three families living in the house, 12 people, 5 of them working full time to pay the rent, bills, etc.

How the hell do 12 people live in an average sized home? We've got four in ours and sometimes we need more room! You can bet the HOA doesn't know, or didn't know up front, how many people would be living there.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 02:49 PM
My question, what concern or business is it of yours how many people live in a house?

Second, if homeboy said "daaaamn! how can you afford it?" I doubt it's your average sized home.

chreph
09-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Those fuckers are drinking Lone Star Beer??? Sick twisted fucks they are. Get a rope.

That surprised me, too. It was probably the cheapest beer available when they were shopping for it lol

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't think there is any such thing as a single part of town being 'the ghetto' anymore.

I'm not completely sure what this is trying to infer but I can tell you compared to many other large cities and metro areas, SA doesn't have many "ghetto" areas.

Blake
09-24-2008, 02:56 PM
there are lots of former Californians living in Stone Oak for sure.

cost of living is cheaper here. For what they pay over in Cali to get a one bedroom shack, they can get a four bedroom house out in S.O.

Move to Stone Oak.

How about no? We're quite full over here thank you.

IronMexican
This only means California improves.

I am gonna go treat myself to a double-double at In and Out after this news.

Had one yesterday:toast

CuckingFunt
09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
It's called the economy is a fucking joke right now and the cost of living in Texas is considerably less than it is in California.

Pretty easy to figure out, actually.

Brutalis
09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
This is a threat the to national security! Too many people acting hood!!

CuckingFunt
09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Also, stop bragging about In-N-Out. I'm a born and bred LA girl and can't stand that I'm living too far north to get my own Double Double.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 02:59 PM
FYI, to chreph, just because you disapprove with what your neighbors do or behave, it doesn't make them "ghetto." I hate when people take clearly defined words and use them to fit their need. It's a word that has a defined meaning, which doesn't fit your neighbors but because you want it to fit your characterize of them you use it nonetheless.

They're rude, disrespectful, noncompliant and insubordinate.

Sunshine
09-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm not completely sure what this is trying to infer but I can tell you compared to many other large cities and metro areas, SA doesn't have many "ghetto" areas.

I've typed and backspaced so many times that I give up, because no matter what my response is, you'll challenge it.

So meh.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:00 PM

It was meant as a joke.

1369, I know how full it is. I used to live in Stone Oak, not near it or in its area but in that traffic nightmare of a suburb. :ihit

Anti.Hero
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
It's called the economy is a fucking joke right now and the cost of living in Texas is considerably less than it is in California.

Pretty easy to figure out, actually.

The economy is a fucking joke?

The living cost in Cali is the fucking joke.

CosmicCowboy
Back in the 70's and 80's it was Michigan plates everywhere. Fortunately a lot of them went back when the economy improved.

chreph
My question, what concern or business is it of yours how many people live in a house?

Their dog in my backyard due to laziness, kids constantly running across my driveway when I'm trying to back out, and property values. We would like to move out this area next year when (hopefully) the market begins to rebound. Market value is going to drop when the streets are flooded with cars parked on both sides, BBQ pits are in front yards, and hoodrats are running around at dark cussing out people for not stopping for them while they casually jaywalk across a busy street.

I. Hustle
I had bad encounters with California people when I was in highschool and have not liked them ever since. When I went to school here in SA this one guy moved over here from LA and immediately thought he was better than everyone. Of course a couple of the idiot wannabe cholos thought he was cool and would hang around him. He walked right into me one day and told me to get out of his way. Normally I am one of those guys that apologizes when I bump into someone but not this time. The dude thought he was badass because he was from LA so I let him know what happens when you piss off a Texan. I dropped him in like two punches in front of the little wannabes and the dude ended up chilling by himself for the most part.
Then I moved to Austin and a big group of Cali guys were hanging around wearing lakers gear and anything else they found that had any California affiliation. Well I walked by and they proceeded to say stuff about Texas punk asses and stupid shit like that. I walked up hit the guy in the lakers jersey and before they could react some of my football and basketball friends happened to stop by.
I just can’t stand the whole we’re from Cali so were are automatically tougher and cooler shit.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I've typed and backspaced so many times that I give up, because no matter what my response is, you'll challenge it.

So meh.

Again, what were you trying to infer?

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Their dog in my backyard due to laziness, kids constantly running across my driveway when I'm trying to back out, and property values. We would like to move out this area next year when (hopefully) the market begins to rebound. Market value is going to drop when the streets are flooded with cars parked on both sides, BBQ pits are in front yards, and hoodrats are running around at dark cussing out people for not stopping for them while they casually jaywalk across a busy street.

Well, that question was directed at Sunshine, not you. But even so, your answers seem petty. What if that occurred with just 4 people living there? Would it then be acceptable by you because it's not 10+ people riding in one house?

Kids run around outside. Get used to it.

They want to BBQ in the front yard, those criminals!

:rolleyes

It was meant as a joke.

1369, I know how full it is. I used to live in Stone Oak, not near it or in its area but in that traffic nightmare of a suburb. :ihit

No, I got the joke.

Moved away? But you're missing all the fun that is the Blanco expansion!

lebomb
I have some fucked up neighbors too.....they are nice, but they dont care about shit.....now this is on one side of my house, the other neighbor is neat and appreciates his shit like myself.

Well, this fucked up neighbor Im talking about......moved in the same day I did.....brand new house 5yrs ago. He got into an accident the 2nd day in the house in his SUV and never fixed the big ass dent on his fender (the SUV was basically new).....should have been a red flag right there. The neighbor was going to paint his privacy fence red......so he started, got about half way finished on one side of the house and decided he didnt like the red, so he stopped. Well, thats it........he fuckin STOPPED painting the fence half way on one side. So his damn fence is half natural and half red. Been that way for years. He also never put grass in his back yard, so its basically weeds and dirt.......my other neighbor has beautiful grass, so one half of my backyard is green, the other half has weeds all in it from the ghetto neighbor. The bad neighbor never trims his yard.....just cuts it, so he has weeds along the perimeter of his house by the slab......looks like SHIT. He also keeps his garbage cans out in front of his home.........nice. Our neighborhood is very, very small so there is no homeowners association..............dammit!!!

Trainwreck2100
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
FYI, to chreph, just because you disapprove with what your neighbors do or behave, it doesn't make them "ghetto." I hate when people take clearly defined words and use them to fit their need. It's a word that has a defined meaning, which doesn't fit your neighbors but because you want it to fit your characterize of them you use it nonetheless.

They're rude, disrespectful, noncompliant and insubordinate.

If its a 3 bedroom they are in code violation

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:10 PM
If its a 3 bedroom they are in code violation

But we don't know how many bedrooms it has.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:12 PM
No, I got the joke.

Moved away? But you're missing all the fun that is the Blanco expansion!

I took SOP everyday, that was my in and out route. Blanco expanding wasn't going to help me. Though it will help the area in general, esp. those who use it daily. That thing gets backed up crazy.

Funny tidbit: JR Ried lives directly off Blanco Road in a little gated community.

IronMexican
09-24-2008, 03:12 PM
I can't stand ghetto people

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
I can't stand Mexican Laker fans.

CuckingFunt
09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
The economy is a fucking joke?

I must admit to being somewhat flabbergasted that anyone would question that assertion.

chreph
09-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Also, for the sake of the thread, I'm hispanic and they're hispanic. I used the term "ghetto" in a loose sense because everyone would know what I meant. It's same way someone would say it is "white trash" for a rusty car to be parked in the driveway and an engine to be hanging from a tree in the front yard. The neighborhood is pretty nice and for the most part, there aren't too many problems here.

Also, I understand why the economics of why they are all here (some lucky SOBs got to sell their home in California and come pay cash for a nicer one here). It always seems to be the same "type" of situation here as well (a bunch of people living in a single-family residence). I don't see many of the normal "one family living in a single-family home" cases or the "left-wing, tree huggers" that you might expect from such a diverse state.

Bigzax
09-24-2008, 03:24 PM
dude, nobody likes to see their neighborhood goto shit, but you just gotta outlast the carpetbaggers and pray actual home owners and not renters come back.

if nobody is breaking the law, there is really nothing you can do but wince and bear it unless you want to move.

surprised your hoa doesn't have something about boats and trailers in the driveway though.

i'm sure nobody in my neighborhood his happy about my lumina in the driveway...it's a piece of shit...but it's mine...all mine! i suppose i could wash it once in a while though...

the house next to mine is for sale if you want to move in...the guy that had his finger in an unconscious patient at BAMC had to put if up for sale after the Feds busted his ass...

of course...you better not gimme any shit about my lumina or latenight driveway tokes...:wakeup

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't see many of the normal "one family living in a single-family home" cases or the "left-wing, tree huggers" that you might expect from such a diverse state.

How can you if you've lived in the same neighborhood for three years?

Bigzax
09-24-2008, 03:27 PM
p.s. in and out sucks and I'm tired of all you people pimping that shit!

Kori Ellis
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
So.. you are jealous they have a boat?

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
p.s. in and out sucks and I'm tired of all you people pimping that shit!

I tried that place once in Vegas and once in LA, both times they were alright but not this amazing thing that gets hyped to death.

What's funny, is I liked Vegas burger more so than the LA burger.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
So.. you are jealous they have a boat?

:lol

Kori Ellis
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Anyway, I live in the same area... 1604 and Guilbeau. We don't really have any people from California in the area that I have noticed (unless you count me). Maybe it's just your street.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Kori, as a California transplant*, do you have 11 people living in your home or do you drink cappuccino's and do yoga?

I mean, those are the only extremes you Cali folk bring to us.

* after being a Phoenix transplant

mrsmaalox
09-24-2008, 03:33 PM

Amen!!

Kori Ellis
09-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Kori, as a California transplant*, do you have 11 people living in your home or do you drink cappuccino's and do yoga?

No and I'm not a wannabe actor (read: waiter), gay and on Prozac. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (I guess)

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2008, 03:34 PM

Even worse. She has GTG's.

j-6
09-24-2008, 03:35 PM
I must admit to being somewhat flabbergasted that anyone would question that assertion.

I was sort of flabbergasted that somebody took the time to point out the misuse of the word ''ghetto'' (by definition) and then not think anything was wrong with people turning a single-family house into a dormitory, complete with inadequate parking. Anthropology in motion!

Anyway, I owe the bank way too much money on my love shack and I take a little pride in my neighborhood. That crap the original poster was describing would drive me crazy. It hacks me off that one of my neighbors doesn't ever edge their yard - I can't imagine if he had eleven tenants that I'd see constantly.

Kori Ellis
09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Even worse. She has GTG's.

Gasp.

And sometimes I even have 30 cars parked on the street.

And sometimes we BBQ and drink beer.

I think I need to go put a California plate on the car to warn people.

Bigzax
09-24-2008, 03:37 PM
No and I'm not a wannabe actor (read: waiter), gay and on Prozac. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (I guess)

i was a wannabe actor on prozac in cali! (read: substitute teacher on lithium)

but i never sucked a dick i swear! (/wipes mouth with back of hand)

Shelly
I'm another CA transplant and I'm certainly not ghetto! But I do love cappuccinos!

And I bet those Californians paid cash for their houses too!

CosmicCowboy
Gasp.

And sometimes I even have 30 cars parked on the street.

And sometimes we BBQ and drink beer.

I think I need to go put a California plate on the car to warn people.

oops. Forgot the :lol

Kori Ellis
09-24-2008, 03:39 PM
oops. Forgot the :lol

:lol So did I.

Seriously, if your neighbors are being an eyesore or really loud that's one thing, but just because they have a lot of people in the house or they hang out in the front yard, that doesn't really make them "ghetto."

I think some of the complaints of the OP were valid though.

Anti.Hero
09-24-2008, 03:40 PM

$500k 2 bedroom shack for someone making 50k has nothing to do with a shitty economy. Actually, it has a lot to do with it :lol Wealthy wannabes just finally got the punchline.

I'm lmao at all these cali ppl acting so surprised that shit finally hit the fan. But but but they deserve to live in nice homes regardless of income!!!

chreph
09-24-2008, 03:42 PM
How can you if you've lived in the same neighborhood for three years?

Most of my family still live on the southside and I go often, I spend a lot of time around 281-Bitters, we go to a lot of my in-law's houses (anywhere from General Hudnell to 281-Stone Oak), uncle lives on the NE side, talking with Co-Workers, etc.

I know the goal for Alamo Ranch was "Stone Oak" but I'm afraid it's going to wind up more "Ingram" than anything. I'm glad the Mama Margie's on Culebra is open now, too. Can't wait to count the number of times the police are called out there. We were hoping this house (our first "starter" home) would be a good investment but it looks like our property value probably isn't going to go much higher even when the economy does pick up. We're better off cashing in what we can now and moving next spring/summer. For the record, the move is mainly based off the crazy traffic I have to see face every day driving from 1604/Shaenfield to 281/Bitters, not the Californians lol

Ginofan
09-24-2008, 03:43 PM
I haven't had any problems with Californians, but indians are another story. Our neighbors at our old apartment had AT LEAST 6 people in a 1 bedroom. It was unreal how loud they would get talking on the front porch at all hours of day and night. And they would leave their shoes in front of their door, less than 4 yards from our front door. It was so annoying!

Shelly
09-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Shit, the houses on on MIL's street in Mission Viejo at it's peak were going for $800k. I'm talking about a 1700 sq ft. 3 bed/2 bath ranch home.

Shelly
09-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Most of my family still live on the southside and I go often, I spend a lot of time around 281-Bitters, we go to a lot of my in-law's houses (anywhere from General Hudnell to 281-Stone Oak), uncle lives on the NE side, talking with Co-Workers, etc.

I know the goal for Alamo Ranch was "Stone Oak" but I'm afraid it's going to wind up more "Ingram" than anything. I'm glad the Mama Margie's on Culebra is open now, too. Can't wait to count the number of times the police are called out there. We were hoping this house (our first "starter" home) would be a good investment but it looks like our property value probably isn't going to go much higher even when the economy does pick up. We're better off cashing in what we can now and moving next spring/summer. For the record, the move is mainly based off the crazy traffic I have to see face every day driving from 1604/Shaenfield to 281/Bitters, not the Californians lol

I don't know...the house my friend lives in in Alamo Ranch is a $400k home. It's huge. Oh, and she's a Cali transplant too! :lol

IronMexican
I can't stand Mexican Laker fans.

:ihit

CuckingFunt
I was sort of flabbergasted that somebody took the time to point out the misuse of the word ''ghetto'' (by definition) and then not think anything was wrong with people turning a single-family house into a dormitory, complete with inadequate parking. Anthropology in motion!

Anyway, I owe the bank way too much money on my love shack and I take a little pride in my neighborhood. That crap the original poster was describing would drive me crazy. It hacks me off that one of my neighbors doesn't ever edge their yard - I can't imagine if he had eleven tenants that I'd see constantly.

Well, to be honest, I found the use of both "ghetto" and "Californian" problematic, as it seems to infer that only certain types of people can be assholes. But... crappy neighbors suck, regardless their state (or, brace yourselves, country) of origin.

If they're renting, especially if they're renting from a management company, I'd bet that their manager doesn't know there are so many people living there. Trying to get in touch with them may be a constructive way of dealing with the situation.

CuckingFunt
09-24-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm lmao at all these cali ppl acting so surprised that shit finally hit the fan. But but but they deserve to live in nice homes regardless of income!!!

I wasn't aware that situation was unique to California. Silly me.

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:50 PM

So you drive around the city and talk to people... what's your point?

LOL at you think Alamo Ranch will wind up like Ingram. :lmao

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't know...the house my friend lives in in Alamo Ranch is a $400k home. It's huge. Oh, and she's a Cali transplant too! :lol

Let's not forget the big retirement community, soooo Ingram. :lol

phyzik
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
My neighbors have lived next door to me for over 20 years. They constantly have at least 6 cars in the driveway but our driveways are pretty large so no biggie. They have like 12 people in the house but they are quiet so no problem there either. In fact, Im probably the loud one, so you wont hear me complaining about any noise.

The problem I DO have with these neighbors is the ammount of fucking cats they have... its ridiculous!! There's like 30 fucking cats from this neighbor alone!

Every time one gets in my backyard my Chow kills the fucking things. Its disgusting. I hate having to come home and my backyard smells like fucking death because someone couldnt bother to take care of their pets.

so I started throwing the carcasses in their yard. fuck em.

DarkReign
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Seriously, if your neighbors are being an eyesore or really loud that's one thing, but just because they have a lot of people in the house or they hang out in the front yard, that doesn't really make them "ghetto."

Yes.

Yes it does. Having 12 people live in a 3 bedroom house is ghetto. Sorry.

I have Albanians that live next door to me. Besides the fact that they work out of their house (tile business) which consists of 4 white vans (2 in the driveway, 2 in the street...not including their personal vehicles), an unmoved trailer (with flat tires) to store tools or some shit, have 9 people living in the house (mother, father, 2 children....2 uncles, both grandparents and always one I do not know) with stories of being "deported" a regular conversation of discernable English, yes...

Yes, that in fact makes that particular family utter white trash. Youre an eyesore to your neghbors and a burden to the intersection your house sits on. Move your vans, lease a business space like every other fucking business you cheap fuck, dont leave your weed-whacker in the middle of the lawn for 4 days, dont leave misc. gas cans on your childrens swing set (that you garbage picked).

Last but not fucking least When having a conversation with someone on the phone or in person, it does not require you to YELL.

See, I know whats going on, having grown up in the area. Theyre not broke, theyre just trash. The mother/father are immigrants, they have their family "visit" at different intervals from the old country....they work like dogs making money hand over fist (mainly for other Albanians) and send the money back with their "visiting" relatives. Theyre not declaring that income. I guess I should just call the IRS, but then thats just stupid, IMO.

Being parents and having 6 kids is one thing. Even having that many kids and your parents living with you is OK. Having 6 grown adults living under the same roof with 2 children and some random revolving door of "one guy from the old country" is bullshit for the people who live around you.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I've got one house on my street that constantly has people hanging out and partying. It's not so much the assembly that upsets me, it's just the frustration of having to park far away since the house is right across from mine.

I will say this about them (college student renters), though. They're a lot quieter and a lot less messy than the previous occupants (also college students).

Buddy Holly
09-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Yes.

I have Albanians that live next door to me. Besides the fact that they work out of their house (tile business) which consists of 4 white vans (2 in the driveway, 2 in the street...not including their personal vehicles), an unmoved trailer (with flat tires) to store tools or some shit, have 9 people living in the house (mother, father, 2 children....2 uncles, both grandparents and always one I do not know) with stories of being "deported" a regular conversation of discernable English, yes...

Yes, that in fact makes that particular family utter white trash. Youre an eyesore to your neghbors and a burden to the intersection your house sits on. Move your vans, lease a business space like every other fucking business you cheap fuck, dont leave your weed-whacker in the middle of the lawn for 4 days, dont leave misc. gas cans on your childrens swing set (that you garbage picked).

Last but not fucking least When having a conversation with someone on the phone or in person, it does not require you to YELL.

See, I know whats going on, having grown up in the area. Theyre not broke, theyre just trash. The mother/father are immigrants, they have their family "visit" at different intervals from the old country....they work like dogs making money hand over fist (mainly for other Albanians) and send the money back with their "visiting" relatives. Theyre not declaring that income. I guess I should just call the IRS, but then thats just stupid, IMO.

Being parents and having 6 kids is one thing. Even having that many kids and your parents living with you is OK. Having 6 grown adults living under the same roof with 2 children and some random revolving door of "one guy from the old country" is bullshit for the people who live around you.

Well, call SA Code compliance and get them to fix some of the problems.

IronMexican
09-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes.

A lot of people living in a house is ghetto? how about that's how they survive?

leemajors
09-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Well, call SA Code compliance and get them to fix some of the problems.

He lives in MI.

chreph
09-24-2008, 04:15 PM
I think the post was taken a little out of context. I know the post can sound a little stereotypical but it seemed a little coincidental that the houses that have multi-families packed into single-family homes all have Cali plates or other Cali-themed branding. The fact that the two cases I have either witnessed or heard about involving teenagers that roam the streets after dark like they own the place proclaiming their roots are in Cali while they argue with motorists doesn't help matters either. I guess it's just this area of town and all a big coincidence that a large percentage (not all!) of market-depreciating acts involve recent transplants.

Nothing against parties or GTG's either. My in-laws have parties all the time (every Spurs playoff game, if the Steeler's are on national TV - father-in-law, if the Cowboys have a big game - everyone else, etc.) and their neighbors are pretty cool with it because it's to be expected (parties). Having 4-6 cars for a household with a driveway that accommodates 2 while not utilizing your garage is inconsiderate. Leaving your BBQ pit in the front yard permanently instead of the garage or backyard while you're not using it is inconsiderate. Also, the boat was only there 2 weeks, the trailer was there for about 3. 3 of the nearest 15 houses are like this (multi-family in a large house that was meant for one). House specs - 4 bedrooms, 2,3XX sq ft. Certainly big enough, but with that many people living there, you figure one of them could hammer a board back into the fence.

On it's own merit - 11 people (only 4 kids) staying in a 2,300 sq ft house wouldn't bother me. But coupled with the other problems and the fact that it is so common in my subdivision is what irks me. The fact that everything I have seen suggests that 90% of these cases are due to California transplants made me start the thread. I wanted to see if other people have noticed the same thing in other areas. I heard of a this happening in Fair Oaks Ranch, too, and the residents were not happy about it, but that was only one incident.

mrsmaalox
09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Well one reason I bought my house in this specific neighborhood was because there were no cars outside, everyone parks in their garage. Another reason is because there were so many kids my kids ages. Zillions of them. So 5 yrs later most of these kids are driving and now there's a zillion cars on my street! :bang

Shelly
09-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Well one reason I bought my house in this specific neighborhood was because there were no cars outside, everyone parks in their garage. Another reason is because there were so many kids my kids ages. Zillions of them. So 5 yrs later most of these kids are driving and now there's a zillion cars on my street! :bang

:lol And soon you'll be adding to the fleet!

I. Hustle
09-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm with you Chreph! Cali sucks! Fukkem all. You are 100% right Chreph I hate Cali almost as much as you do.

mrsmaalox
09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
:lol And soon you'll be adding to the fleet!

Gawd I can hardly wait!!! :lol

mrsmaalox
09-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh and for the record, if you all are tired of your shitty neighbors, you should get Yugoslavians! They are awesome. I love mine!:spin

DarkReign
09-24-2008, 04:32 PM
A lot of people living in a house is ghetto? how about that's how they survive?

Thats fine, doesnt make that practice any less "ghetto", or in my neighbors case, "piece of shit white trash, tax-dodging fuckwads" now does it?

DarkReign
09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh and for the record, if you all are tired of your shitty neighbors, you should get Yugoslavians! They are awesome. I love mine!:spin

Which Yugoslavian country are you referring to?

Do your neighbors still call themselves "Yugos"? That'd be weird.

Macedonian? Croatian? Serbian?

I. Hustle
09-24-2008, 04:54 PM
You punched them huh:ihit:lol. I bet you did:lol

You presence is pissing Chreph off. I suggest you leave before he gets really pissed.

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
My neighborhood can out ghetto yours :lol...I actually live in a nice area with older homes on big lots (one acre +) and many of them have been massively remodeled. It all started about 10 years ago. My neighbor 2 doors down was a city councilman. He and his wife were getting divorced and she started revenge fucking her wetback gardener...they owned an empty lot next to their house and she cheap-sold the lot to the gardener and cheap sold the house to one of his buddies...the gardener built a modest house and they started moving travel trailers in behind the houses...built a tall privacy fence around the back yards with gates going into the back...then kicked off their coyote (illegal alien smuggling) business...both front yards are full of unmarked U-haul type van/trucks and beat up chase cars and the backyards are full of illegals...these guys run 24/7 and at any given time there is no telling how many people are there...there is a constant stream of people in front of my house walking to the bus stop to shop while they "lay over" for the next leg of their trip...

I. Hustle
09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Cali can lick my balls! Cali isn't worth the shit that my dog ate then dumped out on my neighbors lawn! C'mon Hustle grab your bat and let's go break the legs of every Californian here in Texas!

Bro I'm with you but I don't want to go to jail!

mrsmaalox
09-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Which Yugoslavian country are you referring to?

Do your neighbors still call themselves "Yugos"? That'd be weird.

Macedonian? Croatian? Serbian?

Wife is Croatian, husband is Serbian. And they absolutely call themselves Yugos, we all call them that. They loved their country, lost everything in the war, and will always call themselves Yugos before anything else.

I. Hustle
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM
EFF that shit! I am grabbing my knife and slitting their throats with or without you! I F'n HATE Cali!

Calm down brutha you are really starting to kinda scare me.

DarkReign
09-24-2008, 05:07 PM
My neighborhood can out ghetto yours :lol...I actually live in a nice area with older homes on big lots (one acre +) and many of them have been massively remodeled. It all started about 10 years ago. My neighbor 2 doors down was a city councilman. He and his wife were getting divorced and she started revenge fucking her wetback gardener...they owned an empty lot next to their house and she cheap-sold the lot to the gardener and cheap sold the house to one of his buddies...the gardener built a modest house and they started moving travel trailers in behind the houses...built a tall privacy fence around the back yards with gates going into the back...then kicked off their coyote (illegal alien smuggling) business...both front yards are full of unmarked U-haul type van/trucks and beat up chase cars and the backyards are full of illegals...these guys run 24/7 and at any given time there is no telling how many people are there...there is a constant stream of people in front of my house walking to the bus stop to shop while they "lay over" for the next leg of their trip...

Seriously....you win.

/thread

chreph
09-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Bro I'm with you but I don't want to go to jail!

lol I have nothing against California... in fact, that's my next destination spot (San Diego). Like I said, it was just certain behavior and circumstances that I noticed around the neighborhood that just so happened to be a result of the transplants. I was hoping for more diversification from all of the people moving here. When I first started seeing the plates around, I was happy to see people from out of state. It meant that the area was a desired one and I looked forward to having a diverse neighborhood. I just didn't expect this (hoodrats and BBQ pits in peoples front yards). I know that not all people from California are like this, but it sucks that most of the people from Cali who happened to move near me are. Californians are nothing like they are portrayed on TV :lol

BTW - it's really funny to see myself become vilified because I'm actually thought of to be the guy who is "too polite" in person. :toast

DarkReign
09-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Wife is Croatian, husband is Serbian. And they absolutely call themselves Yugos, we all call them that. They loved their country, lost everything in the war, and will always call themselves Yugos before anything else.

Huh, guess I dont know shit then. Every Croat/Serb/Slovenian I have met identify themselves as exactly that.

A couple of the "slightly-older-than-me" former-YugosI have met were scary dudes. This one cat (Josef) was a big, BIG boy, (Macedonian) with outward turned feet who used to laugh uncontrollably at the most mundane shit (at work, mind you). His English was pretty good, but he spoke so damn fast, I could never make ass or tail of it.

Anyway, like I said, lots of Balkans in Michigan (please dont skewer me for the reference). So Josef starts going on about the war and his soldier days, and it was like watching a Vietnam vet have a flashback. Dude started sweating and getting real excited, he would transition between languages mid-sentence, etc. Another guy who worked there was Croatian and started calming him down, etc.

Josef went home, but "other guy" (he had a unique name) came back and said "Did he say that shit in English? Did any of you catch it?" I said no. He told me later how Josef was recounting a slaughter he particpated in, where they lined up the women and children along the wall and started shooting them one by one while the rest of the company moved on. Well, Josef ran out of bullets so he had to finish the orders with a pipe.

Freaky shit.

DarkReign
09-24-2008, 05:18 PM
lol I have nothing against California... in fact, that's my next destination spot (San Diego). Like I said, it was just certain behavior and circumstances that I noticed around the neighborhood that just so happened to be a result of the transplants. I was hoping for more diversification from all of the people moving here. When I first started seeing the plates around, I was happy to see people from out of state. It meant that the area was a desired one and I looked forward to having a diverse neighborhood. I just didn't expect this (hoodrats and BBQ pits in peoples front yards). I know that not all people from California are like this, but it sucks that most of the people from Cali who happened to move near me are. Californians are nothing like they are portrayed on TV :lol

BTW - it's really funny to see myself become vilified because I'm actually thought of to be the guy who is "too polite" in person. :toast

If youve been lurking as long as you say you have, you should know by now not to give two shits or a bucket of piss what anyone here thinks. You put your laundry out there, youre due some criticism.

Have an opinion...stick to it...fuck the bleeding hearts.

I. Hustle
09-24-2008, 05:32 PM
lol I have no love for California... in fact, that's my next destination spot (San Diego). Like I said, I will cut the heart out of every Californian and BBQ them on the pits they have in their front yards. The blood that flows will paint all of California red and the stench will rise to the heavens and the rain that follows will erase any memory of the shit hole that was California.
Starting with San Diego I will become a tornado and wipe out every shred of evidence that there was ever civilization there. I will do to them what I did to the Mayans. Beware ye Californians! BEWARE!!!!
:toast

UUUmmmm you are starting to freak me out dude.

chreph
09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
If youve been lurking as long as you say you have, you should know by now not to give two shits or a bucket of piss what anyone here thinks. You put your laundry out there, youre due some criticism.

Have an opinion...stick to it...fuck the bleeding hearts.

Oh I don't care, really. I just think it's funny. The only other time I have ranted on a message board was at SR. All of those "CIA Pop!!!!" replies acting like Pop has cured cancer but keeps it hidden for the sake of humanity just got to me one day. It was difficult to participate in a true basketball discussion with all of the "over the top" responses and being mocked if your poor soul did not think the Spurs' latest move was the greatest heist in the history of sports. ST was looked at in such a negative light that I never actually came to the site to see for myself (as if you guys were hoopshype or something). Once I did, I never looked back. Now I lurk here :king

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh I don't care, really. I just think it's funny. The only other time I have ranted on a message board was at SR. All of those "CIA Pop!!!!" replies acting like Pop has cured cancer but keeps it hidden for the sake of humanity just got to me one day. It was difficult to participate in a true basketball discussion without being "over the top" responses and being mocked if your poor soul did not think the Spurs' latest move was the greatest heist in the history of sports. ST was looked at in such a negative light that I never actually came to the site to see for myself (as if you guys were hoopshype or something). Once I did, I never looked back. Now I lurk here :king

:lmao

*remembering Dusty always pretending he had "super secret Spurs information but it was so "hot" he couldn't tell anyone*

timvp
09-24-2008, 05:52 PM
:lmao

*remembering Dusty always pretending he had "super secret Spurs information but it was so "hot" he couldn't tell anyone*

http://hoopshype.com/players/derrick_dial.jpg

You rang?

mrsmaalox
09-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Huh, guess I dont know shit then. Every Croat/Serb/Slovenian I have met identify themselves as exactly that.

A couple of the "slightly-older-than-me" former-YugosI have met were scary dudes. This one cat (Josef) was a big, BIG boy, (Macedonian) with outward turned feet who used to laugh uncontrollably at the most mundane shit (at work, mind you). His English was pretty good, but he spoke so damn fast, I could never make ass or tail of it.

Anyway, like I said, lots of Balkans in Michigan (please dont skewer me for the reference). So Josef starts going on about the war and his soldier days, and it was like watching a Vietnam vet have a flashback. Dude started sweating and getting real excited, he would transition between languages mid-sentence, etc. Another guy who worked there was Croatian and started calming him down, etc.

Josef went home, but "other guy" (he had a unique name) came back and said "Did he say that shit in English? Did any of you catch it?" I said no. He told me later how Josef was recounting a slaughter he particpated in, where they lined up the women and children along the wall and started shooting them one by one while the rest of the company moved on. Well, Josef ran out of bullets so he had to finish the orders with a pipe.

Freaky shit.

My friends I think are just different. They suffered so much, he lost his entire family, was a POW twice. Before they had a great life in Sarajevo and to lose it all and their country was too much. Kindest, most generous, most hard working family I have ever known. But I have heard a few horror stories also!

marini martini
09-24-2008, 06:12 PM
My friends I think are just different. They suffered so much, he lost his entire family, was a POW twice. Before they had a great life in Sarajevo and to lose it all and their country was too much. Kindest, most generous, most hard working family I have ever known. But I have heard a few horror stories also!

Just wondering........if they lost all their shit, how did they manage to get a place in Stone Oak?????:lol

Oh, and ya'll haven't suffered shit neighbors, unless you've lived next door to Gypsies, staying here for the winter!!!:wow Lock up the pets, wives, kids, cars and sit in your living room with an arsenal of weapons, 24/7. Those weasels are crazy nutz!!! Plus they throw that evil eye crap! And they cook shit in the backyard, in a cauldron, that is some stanky smellin god knows what:wow:toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao

ShoogarBear
09-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I have two models and a stewardess living next door to me. Always prancing about in their underwear. It's disgusting.

T Park
09-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I have two models and a stewardess living next door to me. Always prancing about in their underwear. It's disgusting.

I was thinking of moving to Boston.....

Sunshine
09-24-2008, 10:27 PM

There goes the neighborhood! Get out while you can.

j-6
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM

Flight attendant, my furry friend. Don't hack them off and piss away your good fortune.

mrsmaalox
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Just wondering........if they lost all their shit, how did they manage to get a place in Stone Oak?????:lol

Okay Miss Smartypants! They lost everything. They ended up here as refugees 10 years ago. Got an apartment on the westside in the "hood" (their words, not mine). Parents were successful in their trades (he's an electrician, she's a chef) and were able to get jobs very quickly. They have 3 sons, right now the sons are aged 25, 24, and 15. Parents and 2 oldest sons work 2 full time jobs each, save every penny for 6 yrs and then VOILA! House in Stone Oak!! As of now dad, electrician, works one job. Mom, chef, works one job. Oldest son has completed trade school, works as electrician. Middle son completed degree in statistics from UTSA this spring, works a new job but continues to work his night time security guard job. The youngest is a sophomore at Reagan and my son's best friend.

Any more questions?!?!! :lol

Whisky Dog
09-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Who the fuck Bar-B-Q's in the front yard? Get your ass in the back yard like a normal person.

TDMVPDPOY
09-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey at least you guys dont live in a area with alot of retirees....fukn asians every morning down the park exercising and tai-chi or the fukn community garden talking out loud when they are only 1-2 meters apart from each other. i look out the window throw out a few asian swear words :D:D:D.

RashoFan
09-24-2008, 11:48 PM
But we don't know how many bedrooms it has.

Look it up on BCAD.org by the address.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-24-2008, 11:49 PM

Damn, I know it's really late, but those two guys told me you really didn't need the binoculars.

Big P
09-25-2008, 12:03 AM

:wow Thread over.

Big P
09-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh I don't care, really. I just think it's funny. The only other time I have ranted on a message board was at SR. All of those "CIA Pop!!!!" replies acting like Pop has cured cancer but keeps it hidden for the sake of humanity just got to me one day. It was difficult to participate in a true basketball discussion with all of the "over the top" responses and being mocked if your poor soul did not think the Spurs' latest move was the greatest heist in the history of sports. ST was looked at in such a negative light that I never actually came to the site to see for myself (as if you guys were hoopsWORLD or something). Once I did, I never looked back. Now I lurk here :king

Fixed

Big P
09-25-2008, 12:13 AM
http://hoopshype.com/players/derrick_dial.jpg

You rang?

Derrick Dial? :lmao...& the supposed super INSIDER Amente:rolleyes..lol what a joke( I know he's media or something, but still..seriously?)..he breaks the news after some major site already broke it, then expects you to kiss his ass to get the rest of the info lol. I can't believe I fell for their shit so many years ago..its like they would brainwash you from visiting ST.

ShoogarBear
09-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Flight attendant, my furry friend. Don't hack them off and piss away your good fortune.

Yeah, I know, but it kinda kills the ring-a-ding-dingness of the joke.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
09-27-2008, 09:20 PM
bbq in front yard is alright but i think it looks trashy.
go to the backyard

Bigzax
09-28-2008, 01:11 AM
what is this guy looking out his front window so much anyway for...

HIS ass should be in the backyard bbq'in...

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
09-28-2008, 01:14 AM
peepin out the front of the window as borat playing in the background

veryyyyyyyy niceeeeeeeeeeee

slayermin
09-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Customer service in Texas rules.

InRareForm
08-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Now all the california businesses are going to texas.

xmas1997
09-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Now all the california businesses are going to texas.

Earthquakes aren't good for business.

Took them a while to figure that out.

boutons_deux
09-01-2014, 10:38 AM
California vs. Texas in fight to attract and retain businesses

http://www.trbimg.com/img-53f7fc17/turbine/la-fi-g-inside-california-vs-texas-economy-20140822/750/16x9

http://www.trbimg.com/img-53f7fbbb/turbine/la-fi-g-california-vs-texas-economy-20140822/750/16x9\\

And no matter how many protections a state builds into its programs, experts argue that taxpayers and politicians never know what's happening inside corporate boardrooms. Companies can always threaten to leave to shake more money out of state governments — regardless of whether it really makes business sense to move, said Fisher, the tax incentive expert.

"The company still holds all the cards," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-vs-texas-economy-20140824-story.html#page=1

California May Quadruple Tax Breaks for Filmmakers

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-08-19/california-may-increase-tax-breaks-for-filmmakers-to-400-million

Are film tax credits cost effective?

http://www.trbimg.com/img-54029310/turbine/la-fi-g-film-tax-credits-jobs-20140829/750/16x9

"They don't pay for themselves," said economist Bob Tannenwald, who authored a national study on film tax credits for the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a group that researches policies affecting low- and moderate-income people. "They have to be financed somehow, so spending has to be cut or taxes have to be raised elsewhere."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-fi-film-tax-credits-20140831-story.html#page=1

xmas1997
09-01-2014, 10:47 AM
San Antonio, TX (score: 24.5)
While it may not be quite as popular as its Lone Star sister city, Austin, San Antonio, the country’s seventh most populous city, is quickly rising. In March, San Antonio will offer a new tax incentive program that will make it the only place in Texas to offer 20 percent. Currently, a budget of $250,000 in in-state spending is all it takes to qualify for the state’s 7.5 percent cash grant, with projects spending $5 million eligible for a 17.5 percent grant. The city also offers up-front sales tax exemptions and a six percent state occupancy tax. Also of interest is the San Antonio Local Filmmakers Grant, which provides residents with a $25,000 matching grant to make a feature-length motion picture in the city. San Antonio is also home to the country’s largest Alamo Drafthouse movie theater, a must-attend for any cinephile. With its cost-effective new incentive and briskly emerging moviemaking scene, it wouldn’t surprise us to see San Antonio crack the top 10 next year.
http://www.moviemaker.com/archives/news/top-10-cities-moviemaker-2013/

Leetonidas
09-01-2014, 11:07 AM
On a related note to the topic, we're finally getting an In-N-Out over on 1604/Culebra :hungry:

Buddy Mignon
09-01-2014, 12:33 PM
On a related note to the topic, we're finally getting an In-N-Out over on 1604/Culebra :hungry:

That's all you niggas can think about is hamburgers... you fat motherfucker.

Leetonidas
09-01-2014, 01:52 PM
That's all you niggas can think about is hamburgers... you fat motherfucker.

Awesome observation man. How's that new issue of Naruto treating you? are the pages stuck together already?