PDA

View Full Version : Palin Stumped on McCain's Past Economic Policies (Video)

Mr. Peabody
09-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Xpb7z_PjbAs

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

Either she doesn't know his history or she does know and is lying her ass off. Quite frankly, I don't know which is worse.

baseline bum
09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Do you have the whole interview?

lurker
09-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Vbg6hF0nShQ

Supergirl
09-24-2008, 11:43 PM
omg this woman is losing brain cells the longer she is in the lower 48.

Creepn
09-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Horrible, just horrible.

MannyIsGod
09-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Liberal Media, LDO

TheMadHatter
09-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Good God I didn't think it was possible for someone to make Bush look good.

baseline bum
09-25-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a politician give a worse answer than that in an interview. That makes 'in what respect, Charlie?' look brilliant.

CubanMustGo
09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
At least everyone knows why McCain won't let Palin hold press conferences.

Xylus
09-25-2008, 01:11 AM
I've not seen a more unprepared running mate. This lady is absolutely fucking clueless.

ElNono
09-25-2008, 06:37 AM
I bet you this is why McCain had to ditch Letterman and go do an interview with Couric last night. He had to cover this hole right away.

spursfan09
09-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Geez thats painful to watch. :lol

101A
09-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Geez thats painful to watch. :lol

I'm a conservative. I like Palin. But I agree.

I asked in an earlier thread, however, has anyone ever seen any of the other, actual Senators (there are three, after all, in this race), asked that same question? Senator (Obama, Biden, McCain) what regulation have YOU proposed in your (insert time in the Senate), to correct this banking crisis? Then followed up with the interviewee when they tried to dodge the question? I have searched YouTube, CNN, Fox, etc...and can't find it happening - and those guys are Senators!!!

Understand, I don't have a problem with the questions - and Palin DID NOT do well with it; in fact, she fucked it up REAL GOOD - I just wish the reporters would treat all politicians like that.

ElNono
09-25-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm a conservative. I like Palin. But I agree.

I asked in an earlier thread, however, has anyone ever seen any of the other, actual Senators (there are three, after all, in this race), asked that same question? Senator (Obama, Biden, McCain) what regulation have YOU proposed in your (insert time in the Senate), to correct this banking crisis? Then followed up with the interviewee when they tried to dodge the question? I have searched YouTube, CNN, Fox, etc...and can't find it happening - and those guys are Senators!!!

Understand, I don't have a problem with the questions - and Palin DID NOT do well with it; in fact, she fucked it up REAL GOOD - I just wish the reporters would treat all politicians like that.

The difference is that a seasoned politician will respond vaguely and steer the conversation somewhere else. Bush, Clinton, McCain, Obama... they do it all the time. They all know these media people are wolves, and they can sense right away if they're in front of a sheep or another wolf. Palin is a sheep. McCain knows it. And it's costing the Republicans the upswing they got from the Convention, IMO.

101A
09-25-2008, 08:17 AM
The difference is that a seasoned politician will respond vaguely and steer the conversation somewhere else. Bush, Clinton, McCain, Obama... they do it all the time. They all know these media people are wolves, and they can sense right away if they're in front of a sheep or another wolf. Palin is a sheep. McCain knows it. And it's costing the Republicans the upswing they got from the Convention, IMO.

So, based on the response's in this thread; we WANT politicians who never answer questions; and never get called on it?

Well, maybe, I'll look into it, and get back to 'ya.

ElNono
09-25-2008, 08:20 AM
So, based on the response's in this thread; we WANT politicians who never answer questions; and never get called on it?

Well, maybe, I'll look into it, and get back to 'ya.

They get asked the uncomfortable questions at times. They just don't respond them. Listen, how many times did W got asked about the WMD that were never found? He steered the conversation towards 'we want a democracy there'. Same thing with Clinton during the Monica scandal.

101A
09-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Case in point, why do Dems get to say shit like this, and only get it reported on Drudge? Betting we don't see it anywhere else:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/florida-congres.html

Florida Congressman: Palin 'Don't Care Too Much What They Do With Jews and Blacks'

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports: Florida Democratic Congressman Alcee Hastings pointed to Sarah Palin on Wednesday to rally Jews to Obama.
"If Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention," said Hastings. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."
Hastings, who is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, made his comments in Washington, D.C., while participating in a panel discussion sponsored by the National Jewish Democratic Council.
Asked what the congressman meant, Hastings spokesman David Goldenberg told ABC News that he was trying to argue that Palin is an "extremely conservative woman who is out of touch with mainstream America."
After saying that Palin "don't care too much" about Jews and blacks, Hastings argued that African Americans and Jews should come together behind Obama because there are many issues on which they agree.
"Just like Jews, blacks care about affordable health care, energy independence, and the separation of church and state," said Hastings. "And just like blacks, Jews care about equal pay for equal work, investment in alternative energy, and a woman's right to choose."
Asked about the Hastings criticism, Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella said, "We’re taking a pass."

101A
09-25-2008, 08:23 AM
They get asked the uncomfortable questions at times. They just don't respond them. Listen, how many times did W got asked about the WMD that were never found? He steered the conversation towards 'we want a democracy there'. Same thing with Clinton during the Monica scandal.

Now, if Palin does get back to Katie with some specifics, will Katie report that?

ElNono
09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Now, if Palin does get back to Katie with some specifics, will Katie report that?

She probably will, on a 10 second segment at the end of her show. Although what McCain proposed in Congress is public record, so you wouldn't need Palin to know if he proposed something else or not.

Palin had her chance to shine on her interview, and she blew it. There's ways to go around pointy attacks, as I mentioned before. Listen, any seasoned politician has taken communication classes. You talk in a concise manner. You pause after certain phrases. Your voice don't ever crack. You don't ever look or act doubtful. You prioritize spreading your message over arguing. You rarely complain. They're basic rules of communication, and if you look at Bush's address last night, or his usual exchanges with the media, you'll see what I mean. Heck, look even at McCain. He's got that part nailed down. But Palin has none of that, and she needs to catch up soon.

We can argue all day if that's the way we want the politicians to be or not. But at the end of the day, that's how you win elections, and that's all they care about.

Bartleby
09-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm sure Palin had a detailed and thoughtful response, but those damn media commies edited it out, just like they always do.

101A
09-25-2008, 08:42 AM
We can argue all day if that's the way we want the politicians to be or not. But at the end of the day, that's how you win elections, and that's all they care about.

True that.

MannyIsGod
09-25-2008, 08:45 AM
One thing to remember is that one reason any gaffe by Palin gets ultra scrutinized is because of how little opportunity she's put herself in to make them. I mean if we're talking about your 3rd fucking interview after this period of time then you bet your ass that people are going to pour over every fuck up she makes.

McCain's campaign giver her fewer opportunities to fuck up, but its a double edged sword because when she does fuck up its a big deal.

hater
09-25-2008, 08:50 AM
:lmao

i am speechless

DarkReign
09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
:lmao

i am speechless

Judging by the interview, so was she.

clambake
09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
that was brutal.....only to be followed by mccain lying to letterman. that's pretty adolescent for a 72 year old.

how could anyone want them in the WH?

VaSpursFan
09-25-2008, 10:03 AM
wow...simply...wow

S_A_Longhorn
09-25-2008, 10:04 AM
That's painful and embarrassing. Now McCain wants to replace the VP debate with the 1st Presidential debate. No word on when the VP debate would happen. I doubt McCain wants Palin to debate anyone.