PDA

View Full Version : Taking multivitamins at night instead of morning

lefty
09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
My mornings are very rushed, I always forget to take them or sometimes I have no freaking time....

Can multis keep you awake at night?

I don't think they would, because they are not stimulants, but whaddayathink?

Ginofan
09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I take my vitamins at night and don't have any problems with sleeping.

phyzik
09-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Its best to ask your family doctor.

I've heard various things about taking them at night vs the morning and vise-versa.

I've heard taking them at night allows your body to absord them. The thinking behind this is that if you take them in the morning, then urinate, you are essentially pissing them away.

On the other hand Vitamins contain Iron which can counteract your synthroid (if your taking any) or may even effect what your thyroid gland produces because the iron isnt absorbed as fast while you are sleeping.. and people have said that it does keep them up at night.

I think its just up to the person but I would still consult your pharmasist or family doctor.

lefty
09-24-2008, 09:18 PM
I take my vitamins at night and don't have any problems with sleeping.

Its best to ask your family doctor.

I've heard various things about taking them at night vs the morning and vise-versa.

I've heard taking them at night allows your body to absord them. The thinking behind this is that if you take them in the morning, then urinate, you are essentially pissing them away.

On the other hand Vitamins contain Iron which can counteract your synthroid (if your taking any) or may even effect what your thyroid gland produces because the iron isnt absorbed as fast while you are sleeping.. and people have said that it does keep them up at night.

I think its just up to the person but I would still consult your pharmasist or family doctor.

Thanks guys

You mention iron, but I have iron-free multis.
Not sure if that makes a big difference

Evan
09-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Your body absorbs nutrients best in the am. Its best to take with food.

Iron can be harmful if you have high blood pressure so you will notice the vast majority of "mens multivitamins" are iron free.

lefty
09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Your body absorbs nutrients best in the am. Its best to take with food.

Iron can be harmful if you have high blood pressure so you will notice the vast majority of "mens multivitamins" are iron free.

Yeah I take a men's formula (iron-free)

Evan
09-24-2008, 09:33 PM
The problem I have with taking a multi at night is the insane dreams especially if it has a high does of Ginkgo Biloba in it.

lefty
09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
The problem I have with taking a multi at night is the insane dreams especially if it has a high does of Ginkgo Biloba in it.

Wow; that should convince me to take them A.M

TDMVPDPOY
09-24-2008, 11:42 PM
take a jaggerbomb hahaha

polandprzem
09-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Are you kidding lefty?

Multivitamins?

timvp
09-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Are you kidding lefty?

Multivitamins? Steroids are the way to go.

polandprzem
09-25-2008, 04:36 AM
:lol

I knew it will come out one day