PDA

View Full Version : Tonto's true identity revealed..............

ace3g
09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/celebdatabase/johnnydepp/johnny_depp1_300_400.jpg

Update: Johnny Depp Playing Tonto in The Lone Ranger

During Disney's preview today in Hollywood, the studio questioned who could possibly play the titular character in its upcoming feature The Lone Ranger.

At that, Disney rolled out the USC marching band to come down and play the Ranger's theme song. This was followed by an appearance by Depp himself who took to the stage in full Captain Jack Sparrow attire...wearing The Lone Ranger's mask.

According to our Disney reps, Depp is officially signed to play Tonto and not the Lone Ranger as initially implied.

The Lone Ranger, said to be an origin story, is written by Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=49122

mrsmaalox
09-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Yea baby!

CubanMustGo
09-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I think we can expect a 'unique' portrayal of Tonto. Should be fun.

jaffies
09-24-2008, 11:08 PM
it's mouse, right?

Whisky Dog
09-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Should be interesting.

Wasn't Tanto a Native American? Or as they said in those days... Injun?

duncan228
09-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I like pretty much everything Depp's done. It should be good.

Mister Sinister
09-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Eh. He's no Clive Owen.

purist
09-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Disappointing. I was expecting to see a Mouse post.

Beulah Balbricker
09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Who is mouse?

Frankie
09-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Me and Tonto speak same

purist
09-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Who is mouse?

there is not enough space or time to begin to explain who mouse is. Like the Dos Equis guy, he's the most interesting poster in the world, and one-time radio talk show caller.

Dude
09-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh that asshat? you must be old school. :lmao

I Love Me Some Me
09-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Will Tonto be more gay or less gay than Captain Jack Sparrow?

Tonto
09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
totno straight like arrow

CosmicCowboy
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
he Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding across the plains one day, when Tonto suddenly cocked his ear at a passing falcoln's cry. "Kemosabe... Apache to East!" he whispered.

The Lone Ranger looked to his faithful companion. "What do we do?"

Tonto pondered a moment. "We ride West!"

After riding a short while, Tonto again paused, searching the horizon with his eagle-sharp eyes. "Kemosabe... Apache to West!"

The Masked Man looked once again at his friend. "What should we do?"

Tonto scratched his head in thought. "We ride North!"

After a brief ride, Tonto stopped to scent the breeze. "Kemosabe... Apache to North!"

"What do we do now?" his companion asked.

Without hesitation, Tonto replied, "We ride South!"

Within minutes, Tonto reigned in his horse and dropped to the ground. Placing his ear to the earth, he listened intently. "Kemosabe... Apache to South!"

Worried, the Lone One asked him, "NOW what do we do?"

Tonto thought hard for a moment, his eyes squinting in concentration. Then his face lit up. "What do you mean "WE", White Man?"

CosmicCowboy
09-25-2008, 02:32 PM
The Lone Ranger and Tonto walked into a bar and sat down to drink a beer. After a few minutes, a big tall cowboy walked in and said, "Who owns the big white horse outside?"

The Lone Ranger stood up, hitched his gun belt, and said, "I do...Why?"

The cowboy looked at the Lone Ranger and said, "I just thought you would like to know that your horse is about dead outside!"

The Lone Ranger and Tonto rushed outside, and sure enough, Silver was ready to die from heat exhaustion. The Lone Ranger got the horse water, and soon, Silver was starting to feel a little better. The
Lone Ranger turned to Tonto and said, "Tonto, I want you to run around
Silver and see if you can create enough of a breeze to make him start to feel better."

Tonto said, "Sure, Kemosabe," and took off running circles around Silver. Not able to do anything else but wait, the Lone Ranger
returned to the bar to finish his drink.

A few minutes later, another cowboy struts into the bar and asks, "Who owns that big white horse outside?"

The Lone Ranger stands again, and claims, "I do, what's wrong with him this time?"

The cowboy looks him in the eye and says, "Nothing, but you left your
Injun runnin'."

CosmicCowboy
09-25-2008, 02:33 PM
The Lone Ranger and Tonto stopped in the desert for the night. After
they got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep.

Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, "Kemo Sabe,
look towards sky, what you see?"

The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What that tell you?" asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute then says, "Astronomically
speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions
of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time
wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning.
Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small
and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful
day tomorrow. What's it tell you, Tonto?"

Tonto is silent for a moment, then says, "Kemo Sabe, you dumber than
Buffalo Chips. It means someone stole tent."

CosmicCowboy
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
The Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding the plains, when the Lone Ranger had to pee really bad. He climbs off his horse and ducks behind a rock to pee. After he whips it out, a rattle snake bit him on his manhood. He screams for Tonto and tells him to ride into town and ask the doctor what to do. Tonto rides off fast to the nearest town and tells the doctor that Kimosabee was bitten by a snake. The doctor tells Tonto he has to put his mouth over the bite and suck out the poison. Tonto rides back line the wind to the aid of the Lone Ranger. Tonto says, "me back from the doctor"! Lone Ranger says, "well what did the doctor say"!!! Tonto says, "doctor say you going to die"!

hater
09-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I like pretty much everything Depp's done. It should be good.

what??? you like Pirates of the Caribean??

fuck that. Depp is done.

Banjo Boy
09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
The Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding the plains, when the Lone Ranger had to pee really bad. He climbs off his horse and ducks behind a rock to pee. After he whips it out, a rattle snake bit him on his manhood. He screams for Tonto and tells him to ride into town and ask the doctor what to do. Tonto rides off fast to the nearest town and tells the doctor that Kimosabee was bitten by a snake. The doctor tells Tonto he has to put his mouth over the bite and suck out the poison. Tonto rides back line the wind to the aid of the Lone Ranger. Tonto says, "me back from the doctor"! Lone Ranger says, "well what did the doctor say"!!! Tonto says, "doctor say you going to die"!

:lmao

ace3g
10-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Movie had a lot of budget issues, almost got shut down, but finally started back up again. Here is the first trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LoVhgaj6PiE

Big Worm
10-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Movie had a lot of budget issues, almost got shut down, but finally started back up again. Here is the first trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LoVhgaj6PiE

Thanks for da heads up pat na