Duncan/Ian
Oberto/Thomas

I hope we end the season + start the playoffs with:

Parker
Manu
Bowen
Ian
Duncan

.. although their will be another signing regarding a big man, we're almost sure to see oberto + whatever leave, or just sign a vet big

koriwhat
09-25-2008, 02:46 PM
more like...

Parker/Vaughn/Stoudemire/Hill
Manu/Finley/Mason
Bowen/Udoka
Duncan/Bonner/Ian
Oberto/Thomas

Ibleedslvrnblk
09-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Cut Oberto he is awful. All playoffs three feet away from the hoop looking to pass instead of laying it up. Awful...Panzy....

kobyz
09-25-2008, 04:39 PM
i think Finley will play most of his minutes at SF because the lack of depth at SF

Parker/Hill/Vaughn
Manu/Mason/Stoudemire
Bowen/Udoka/Finley
Duncan/Oberto/Bonner
Thomas/Ian

urunobili
09-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Hill anb Ian will be at the Toros...

T Park
09-25-2008, 04:42 PM
We?

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Tony/Hill/Stoudamire/Vaughn
Mason/Manu/Finley
Bowen/Udoka
Duncan/Mahinmi/Bonner/Tolliver
Kurt/Oberto

From start to finish.

xtremesteven33
09-25-2008, 04:47 PM
i still dont see why they wont sign Horry just as a proven backup

m33p0
09-25-2008, 11:17 PM
probably coz he proved last season that he's done?

MrChug
09-26-2008, 02:29 AM
more like...

Manu/Finley/Mason
Bowen/Udoka
Duncan/Bonner/Ian
Oberto/Thomas

:lol I was gonna say, I thought we had more peeps on this team!?!??!

MrChug
09-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Hill anb Ian will be at the Toros...

Not with the lack of depth this year. I'm understanding they're making the roster.

TDMVPDPOY
09-26-2008, 05:24 AM
gist the fist wouldve made it more interesting....

DannyT
09-26-2008, 05:35 AM
We?

shut your ass like your ass aint ever said "WE did it!!! WE are the champions!!!"

You need to change your sig to just say "SHUT UP!!!"

DROB4EVER
09-26-2008, 10:49 PM
I say parker, mason, bowen, duncan, thomas start....manu, stoudamire , oberto, finley , ian off the bench in that order. If ian plays well he could swith with oberto.

hill and vaughn wont get much burn unless injurys pile up. udoka will likely get lost in the suffle and will split mins with finley. bonner is on his way out. tolliver will be inactive a bunch. Watkins and Greene could make the team but are likely d leauge material.

ChuckD
09-26-2008, 11:26 PM

I think there were problems with Medicare supplements and any potential injuries...

timtonymanu
09-27-2008, 01:05 AM
i have a feeling the rotation will be:

(With Ginobili out)
PG: Parker
SG: Finley
SF: Bowen
PF: Duncan
C: Oberto

Bench:
PG: Stoudamire
SG: Mason
SF: Udoka
PF: Ian
C: Thomas

then vaughn.

hill and bonner will be fighting for the 12th spot. the other guys will be in the d-league.

I hope Mason and Thomas start in place of Finley and Oberto, but i doubt it. I also hope Hill gets a chance to play alot.

SequSpur
09-27-2008, 01:33 AM
bonner sucks.

SpurSupremacist
09-27-2008, 09:37 AM
You can always tell the people who don't know basketball. They are easy to spot. They are the people who say things like "Oberto is shit, trade him.", "Bonner sucks.". They are the same people that think Robert Horry is just great! You ever notice Bonner shot well over 40% from 3 before he got to this team? Ever think it might be that he gets hardly any playing time and has a coach that's less than stellar?

I have an idea, let's just bring Horry back, so that he can block a fast break layup attempt or two and everybody can ignore the fact he hasn't made a shot in 2 or 3 years.

mrspurs
09-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Cut Oberto he is awful. All playoffs three feet away from the hoop looking to pass instead of laying it up. Awful...Panzy....

Agreed we are losing games because of this choke artist who should be playing in the WNBA. Girls dont rebound they tap the ball out. He's under the basket and cant score. And he's always left alone cos teams double Timmy. Fab wouldnt be here if Manu wasnt. Thats a fact.

mrspurs
09-28-2008, 09:23 AM
You can always tell the people who don't know basketball. They are easy to spot. They are the people who say things like "Oberto is shit, trade him.", "Bonner sucks.". They are the same people that think Robert Horry is just great! You ever notice Bonner shot well over 40% from 3 before he got to this team? Ever think it might be that he gets hardly any playing time and has a coach that's less than stellar?

I have an idea, let's just bring Horry back, so that he can block a fast break layup attempt or two and everybody can ignore the fact he hasn't made a shot in 2 or 3 years.

You dont have a clue :lol

mrspurs
09-28-2008, 09:26 AM
probably coz he proved last season that he's done?

Rob has been done for several seasons. Thats how bad our bigs are. And when we start getting schooled in the paint like last season. It wouldnt surprise me if the Spurs brought him back during the season. Just togo in and hurt someone.

AFBlue
09-28-2008, 11:36 AM
more like...

Manu/Finley/Mason
Bowen/Udoka
Duncan/Bonner/Ian
Oberto/Thomas

:tu

Except that Finley will technically be starting.

Lackluster
09-28-2008, 11:49 AM
You can always tell the people who don't know basketball. They are easy to spot...

Ever think it might be that he has a coach that's less than stellar?

edited for :wow and :lol factor

ChumpDumper
09-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Not worth its own thread, but Miami rescinded its qualifying offer to Kasib Powell. He's...umm...well...slightly taller than most of our invitees.

That's all I got.

barbacoataco
09-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Both Bonner and Udoka will have the opportunity to play if they can bring it. If Mahinmi stinks it up or is injury prone, the Spurs will need to play Bonner at the 4. With Ginobili out the Spurs could really use some offense from Udoka, who was more of a SG than a SF in Portland. If Mason struggles the Spurs will have no choice but to use Udoka in Ginobili's place, since Finley will be probably be ineffective. The good news is that Udoka could have a career year since he is in a contract year. (I think)

Manufan909
09-30-2008, 02:47 AM
I'm sincerely hoping Finley stinks it up so quickly that Mason, Udoka, Hill, Salim, TP, Bowen, Hairston/Farmar/Greene are our only "smalls". Hill and Mason are the two I'd like to see get the most burn early in the season, with Udoka right behind. The others I'll have to wait for preseason to see for sure.

Is there a timetable for Ian yet?