PDA

View Full Version : Your welcome Dodgers.

T Park
09-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Good luck not getting swept in the first round again.

IronMexican
09-25-2008, 07:53 PM
I wanted AZ to win today. Now the Dodgers wont celebrate, which sucks:depressed But we're win!:downspin:

ducks
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
congrats to dodgers
be intersting to see how much manny plays
if he sits he could cool off
if he plays he could get hurt

T Park
09-25-2008, 11:24 PM
ducks

seriously

shut
the
fuck
up

IronMexican
09-26-2008, 12:30 AM
This celebration is awesome! Man, the Dodgers cheered me up :]

DBryant88
09-26-2008, 08:14 AM
I just laugh because Joe Torre is in the playoffs and the Ynaks Aren't

ducks
09-26-2008, 08:53 AM
I just laugh because Joe Torre is in the playoffs and the Ynaks Aren't

torre is very overrated

FromWayDowntown
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
torre is very overrated

Says the guy who believes that Lebron is crap.

Purple & Gold
09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Arizona choked, but whatever we'll take it. Anything can happen in the playoffs. I just don't ever wanna see Maddux again.

JMarkJohns
09-26-2008, 07:50 PM
I honestly believe that the Dodgers have as good a chance as any NL team in these playoffs. They have a solid rotation, a very good bullpen and have shown the ability to win on the road. Their offense is no longer weak, and Manny and Ethier, as currently hitting, are as good a tandem as will make these playoffs.

I think the Dodgers defeat whomever they play and advance to the NLCS. Once there, with that confidence, I wouldn't bet against them. Philly's rotation isn't near as strong, nor is its entire bullpen after Lidge (who's a question mark based on history). The Mets are just as likely to completely collapse as play great, so I don't worry there. While the Cubs may have the best record, they are still the Cubs. Can they shake their reputation? Will Zambrano and Dempster prove enough vs. a superior 1-4 rotation? Are the bullpen issues fixed enough to rival the superior pen of the Dodgers?

I may be wrong, but you can't just look at overall records, because the Manny-led Dodgers have as good a win percentage as any team playing in the NL over that same time.

misterx91578
09-27-2008, 01:10 PM
dam you Manny whinning your way out of Boston:bang

JMarkJohns
10-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I honestly believe that the Dodgers have as good a chance as any NL team in these playoffs. They have a solid rotation, a very good bullpen and have shown the ability to win on the road. Their offense is no longer weak, and Manny and Ethier, as currently hitting, are as good a tandem as will make these playoffs.

I think the Dodgers defeat whomever they play and advance to the NLCS. Once there, with that confidence, I wouldn't bet against them. Philly's rotation isn't near as strong, nor is its entire bullpen after Lidge (who's a question mark based on history). The Mets are just as likely to completely collapse as play great, so I don't worry there. While the Cubs may have the best record, they are still the Cubs. Can they shake their reputation? Will Zambrano and Dempster prove enough vs. a superior 1-4 rotation? Are the bullpen issues fixed enough to rival the superior pen of the Dodgers?

I may be wrong, but you can't just look at overall records, because the Manny-led Dodgers have as good a win percentage as any team playing in the NL over that same time.

Hey Dodger fans? You've been very quick to drudge up anti-Dodger posts. Howsa bouts a little love for my almost spot on post?

IronMexican
10-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Hey Dodger fans? You've been very quick to drudge up anti-Dodger posts. Howsa bouts a little love for my almost spot on post?

:toast

FromWayDowntown
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
At least ducks is consistent in suggesting that Manny has never played well before and is nothing short of a cancer to baseball teams.

Purple & Gold
10-06-2008, 02:39 PM

:tu

lurker23
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Philly's rotation isn't near as strong, nor is its entire bullpen after Lidge (who's a question mark based on history).

As a Phillies fan, this is the part that I disagree with, but both teams will have a chance to prove what they've got on the field, so I guess we'll see what happens in the next couple weeks. Not sure what will happen in the best-of-7 series against the Dodgers, but here's what we saw in the first series:

*The starting rotation looked strong, with very good starts from 3 of the 4 starters. The only one who flopped was Moyer, who is honestly the guy I'm least worried about in the 2nd round (or maybe 2nd least, since Hamels has looked outstanding).

*Lidge was a little shaky in game one, but that's how he pitches sometimes, letting a lot of guys on base. Obviously it hasn't hurt him this year, and beyond game one he looked sharp.

*Phillies relievers had the second best ERA in the majors this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?sort=ERA&split=128&group=9&season=2008&seasonType=2&statType=pitching&type=reg

JMarkJohns
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
That's fair enough. My opinion was on Lidge as an overall postseason pitcher, combining his recent history with his current season to say I'm not as sold on him as some. Also, I'd seen a few games of the Phillies where it appeared their weakness was their bullpen. I just went on that. I didn't have time to doublecheck the stats.

I still think the Dodgers win in six. Manny is the type of hitter that will kill it anywhere, anytime, and the Dodgers have proven capable of beating good teams on the road.

lurker23
10-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I still think the Dodgers win in six. Manny is the type of hitter that will kill it anywhere, anytime, and the Dodgers have proven capable of beating good teams on the road.

I think this is pretty possible too, though I'm not going to make a prediction because I would end up picking the Phillies more out of emotion than facts (not that I doubt my team of choice, just that I know my judgment would be clouded by what I want). However, if the Dodgers win, I think it will end up being the Phillies inability to hit with runners in scoring position, which is a problem that has plagued them off and on for a few years now.