PDA

View Full Version : Confessions

Allanon
09-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I saw this thread at another forum and it was pretty funny. There was a Suns fan who wished he had a Robert Horry Jersey :D

Yah, yah, it's the offseason, so entertain yourselves with yet another useless thread.

It's confession time! Here are some of the starter questions, feel free to pour your heart out and ask for forgiveness from your fellow fans.

These sample ideas are mostly Spurs-centric but if you're a fan of another team feel free to come up with your own dirty secrets.

Are you a secret fan of the Mavericks too?

Did you ever wish you had a Kobe or Dirk jersey?

Are you still in love with Scola?

Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs or any other player you'd be embarrassed about?
Do you quietly hate a Spurs player?

Do you like another sport more than basketball?

Have you ever wished injury on a player <edited :D>
Do you believe the Spurs tanked the season to draft Duncan?
You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans?

Came up with some more:

When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan? Do you play as another team?
You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy big-market team?
Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the F* out of Steve Nash? Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it? :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-25-2008, 09:34 PM
For Spurs fans, are you a secret fan of the Mavericks too?Yea but not as much.

Did you ever wish you had a Kobe or Dirk jersey?Yep.

Are you still in love with Scola?Nope.

Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs or any other player you'd be embarrassed about?Dirk?

Do you quietly hate a Spurs player?Nope.

Do you like another sport more than basketball?Nope.

Have you ever wished injury on a player just so your team can get a higher seed or bragging rights?
Nope. But I have wished it for a championship.

Nope.

You ever wish Manu was American instead so you didn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans?
Sometimes.

m33p0
09-25-2008, 09:47 PM

Yes, when they had Blackman and Aguirre.

Nope

Who?

Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs or any other player you'd be embarrassed about?

Yes. Andre Miller. I knew the Nuggets made a mistake trading him away.(i don't think he counts.)

Elson.

Does sex count as a sport?

Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse.

Nope.

You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans?

I wish he was Filipino so people here would have to deal with bandwagon Filipino fans. :lol

* When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan? Do you play as another team?

Duncan. Automatic 2 down low.

* You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy big-market team?

New York.

* Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the F* out of Steve Nash? Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it?

It was a foul. No but i wish lil Stevie dove into the tables alot harder.

samikeyp
09-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Are you a secret fan of the Mavericks too? Hell no.

Did you ever wish you had a Kobe or Dirk jersey?...Wouldn't mind a Kobe Team USA jersey.

Are you still in love with Scola? Never was to start with.

Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs or any other player you'd be embarrassed about? nope.

Do you quietly hate a Spurs player? Nope

Do you like another sport more than basketball? Football but the two are pretty close.

Have you ever wished injury on a player? Its wrong, but yes. :downspin:

Do you believe the Spurs tanked the season to draft Duncan? I watched how bad that season really was so no.

You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans? No but I wish he was American so he could play for our olympic team back in 04.

When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan? no

You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy big-market team? I would not consider trading the Spurs a "trade up"

Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the F* out of Steve Nash?
Yes

Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it? Yes.

honestfool84
09-25-2008, 10:48 PM
father allanon, i have sinned.
and i have a confession.

i would rather watch MJ in his prime, then any spurs game.

Cherry
09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
* Are you a secret fan of the Mavericks too?

No
* Did you ever wish you had a Kobe or Dirk jersey?

No
* Are you still in love with Scola?

Forever
* Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs or any other player you'd be embarrassed about?

Nope
* Do you quietly hate a Spurs player?

Beno

* Do you like another sport more than basketball?
Nope

* Have you ever wished injury on a player ?
Yes, Once: Carmelo Anthony with all my heart

* Do you believe the Spurs tanked the season to draft Duncan?
No idea

* You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans?

I'm...sorry? :lol

When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan?
No

Yes

It was a hard foul

Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it?

I love Steve.

Fabbs
09-25-2008, 11:36 PM
no

No. Nor have i ever wished to be gay.

Never was in love with him, but as for him providing what we need from a big (that has been lacking for years), yes I'm stll slightly pining for him. Could hardly take the 22 game win streak.

No

No. Finley is irritating when he is missing shots because he doesn't do anything else. However his 2007 Finals performance has my blessings forever. I forgive him for all else. Now just get he and Pop to stop dating. Trade them both.

No.

Have you ever wished injury on a player?
Yes. Juan Coward after he took out DA to end our 2001 playoffs.

No. But i do think Sterns love affair with the Lakers and hatred of the Celtics may have drove him to rig the ping pong balls.

You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans? Were are not plagued by them here.

When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan? Do you play as another team? Not a player.

You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy big-market team? No, i love that they are in small market San Antone. I've almost moved to SA.

Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the F* out of Steve Nash? I think you need to reword this Cherry. Of course it was a foul.

It was just right and yes i enjoyed it. Did not want to see Nash get injured.

Avitus1
09-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Nope.

Not at all.

Didn't really care for him.

Yeah.... haven't we all.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_damon_stoudamire.jpg

Nope...

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2008/06/11/320x240/Sasha_Vujacic_81521158.jpg

No.

http://www.appliedlanguage.com/flags_of_the_world/large_flag_of_argentina.gif

Came up with some more:

When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan? Do you play as another team?
No.

Hell No!

Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the F* out of Steve Nash? Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it? :)
Double Yes...

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-25-2008, 11:51 PM
i confess that i wish Manu was a Nugget :depressed

I also wish Kobe was one, is there a vomit icon? :lol

bdictjames
09-25-2008, 11:55 PM
I actually like the Mavericks, pre-Jason Kidd that is.

And I wouldn't mind having a Dirk jersey and wear it, as long as I dont pay for it. Not a Kobe one though.

I like soccer.

Allanon
09-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Hahah, you are some bad, bad people. I'm surprised some of you haven't taken KG over Duncan, especially if you play the new NBA Live where KG has a better rating than Duncan :D

father allanon, i have sinned.
and i have a confession.

i would rather watch MJ in his prime, then any spurs game.

You dirty boy...for penance, say 10 Hail Kobes and watch an hour of Francisco Elson highlights.

* You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans?

I'm...sorry? :lol
Shit, there are Argie fans around here in the offseason too? I heard "real Spur fans" say you only come around when Manu or Scola plays well :lmao

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2008/06/11/320x240/Sasha_Vujacic_81521158.jpg
How can you hate such a loveable, manly guy? Everybody loves Sasha.

Back during the dark Laker days of Smush Parker, I used to bet against the Lakers because it was always a money-maker....damn I feel so dirty :D

Many PackYao
09-26-2008, 12:25 AM
3rd fav team..a distant 3rd. I only dislike Terry.

I like both players so yes.
I love his game and he seems like a cool dude.
No

No.
No.

no
No.
You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans? He's cool either way.

When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan? Do you play as another team? Duncan all the way.When I don't play as the Rockets, I pick the Spurs.

You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy big-market team? nah

Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the F* out of Steve Nash? it was.
Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it? nah, no bs. Just play ball.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/user_online.gif

Fernando TD21
09-26-2008, 01:17 AM
I have a Kobe jersey :oops. In my defense, I had asked my cousin to buy a Duncan jersey but there wasn't a Duncan jersey at the store and certainly there weren't any other Spurs jerseys. And Kobe wasn't a rapist back then.

Joe Schmoogins
09-26-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm amazed at how many people are confessing to being mavs fans... wow!

timtonymanu
09-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Hell No! Maybe if JET, Stackhouse, Cuban, and all the annoying mavs fans were gone, then sure.

Nah. Duncan forever!

I wasn't in love with him, but he'd be nice to have on the team. an upgrade over oberto.

Derek Fisher, but who could hate the guy?

I strongly dislike Oberto. didn't like Elson. didn't like Damon Stoudamire. Finley's bad shooting can get on my nerves.

Nope. Basketball is the best because there's isnt a long wait for scoring unlike other sports.

No. i just wish they foul out or have an off night.

No.

dont care.

Tim for sure coz KG would suck in the 4th quarter. lol. but I always take Timmy over KG. Sometimes Ill use other teams coz the Spurs' scoring can suck.

No I love the "underdog" status.

It was a foul. I wish Nash didn't flop like he did. I didn't enjoy it because we lost that game.

Kamnik
09-26-2008, 03:42 AM
How can you hate such a loveable, manly guy? Everybody loves Sasha.

Man.... even most of Slovenians dislike Sasha!

1. He is a pussy.
2. He refuses to play for Slovenian NT because of some 5 year old grudge or something that does not have much to do with the curerent situation.
3. He is a pussy.
4. He sometimes acts really stupid on or by the basketball court. Primadona style.
5. He is a pussy.

There are some good things... Like his shooting, trying to defend hard and he is not afraid to take shots. But all these things are overshadowed by the pussy part.

There are like 10 Laker players i like more than him.

romain.star
09-26-2008, 03:59 AM
[QUOTE=Allanon;2788914]
[LIST]
Are you a secret fan of the Mavericks too? NO

Did you ever wish you had a Kobe or Dirk jersey? NO

Are you still in love with Scola? NEVER LOVED THE GUY

Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs or any other player you'd be embarrassed about? GLEN RICE?

Do you quietly hate a Spurs player? YES

Do you like another sport more than basketball? YES: RUGBY

Have you ever wished injury on a player <edited :D> EVERY CONTENDING TEAMS' BEST PLAYERS

Do you believe the Spurs tanked the season to draft Duncan? YES

You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans? YES

You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy big-market team? YES SINCE I DISLIKE TEXAS

urunobili
09-26-2008, 08:41 AM
* Are you a secret fan of the Mavericks too? NO
* Did you ever wish you had a Kobe or Dirk jersey? NO
* Are you still in love with Scola? YES
* Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs or any other player you'd be embarrassed about? ARTEST
* Do you quietly hate a Spurs player? Bonner
* Do you like another sport more than basketball? NO
* Have you ever wished injury on a player ? MELO
* Do you believe the Spurs tanked the season to draft Duncan? NO
* You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans? NO
* When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan? NO
* You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy big-market team? NO
* Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the F* out of Steve Nash? NO
* Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it? I love Nash

fotan2
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, Do you play as another team?

yes . usually , i would like to use Knicks or some other teams which have financial crisis .

bigdog
09-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Hell no. The only player I've ever liked on the Mavericks was Michael Finley.

No, not Kobe or Dirk, but other players, yes. I'm not just a fan of the Spurs, but I love basketball in general. The Spurs are just my favorite team and the team I follow the most. I watch every game. I do own a Lebron jersey, but come on, he's Lebron, we all need one.

Never was.

I'm not embarassed to follow any basketball player, even if I am a Spurs fan.

People are gonna bash me, but sometimes Manu. Dude has great skills, he's a great player, but I mainly hate him because of his injuries. Ok, so I don't really hate him, I just wish he would stop getting injured.

No. Basketball is my #1 sport, but football can possibly be #1A. It's right there behind it.

No......I take that back. Just Sasha Vujacic. I hate that guy with a passion. I give him credit, he's a pretty good shooter, but I hate that cocky dude.

No.

No.

I don't play fantasy basketball. It's too much to log in basically every day.
I never play with another team besides the Spurs, unless I get tired of winning :hat

Not really. Only to attract more free agents. Besides that, I'm fine with our small-market team.

Sure, it was a foul.

Yeah, if you're going to hit someone that hard, why not hit him as hard as you can?

And, of course I emjoyed it. It was exciting.

eisfeld
09-26-2008, 11:34 AM
No, I've been hating them since I follow the NBA

Not at all

Would have been nice to have him but to answer your question "NO"

Devin Harris since he is with the Nets

Vaughn and in the past NVE, Stoudemire

No

Who has'nt...

No

Not at all. In fact, I like it.

Came up with some more:

I never draft Garnett or play with a team he is on. In NBA Live I am used to play with teams being in a tough situation (rebuild, enormous cap issues)

No

It was a foul and Nash flopped a little, I enjoyed it but I would have preferred to win the series without this happening.

rAm
09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
No

No

I wish we had him last year, and this year, so yes.

Wade

No

No

Yes

There might have been some motivation behind it, but it is a pretty big risk to tank a season with the current lottery system.

No, I like the fact that he is Argentinian, adds a little spice.

Came up with some more:

I've taken Duncan a couple times, but he is pretty unselfish as far as going for the win instead of stats so usually it is a bad idea.

You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy
big-market team?
No, I live in LA and there are very few "true" Laker fans IMO. I like the Spurs the way they are.

It was definitely a foul, and I give a lot of praise to Horry for fouling him, wtf was Nash trying to do? He knew he was going to get fouled, why try and dribble around? Nash flopped and his acting caused the foul to look worse than it was which sparked Amare to come off the bench. So suck it Nash.

BronxCowboy
09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
no

no

never was

Does 'Sheed count?

Nah

Not really

It's crossed my mind [/inserts pin in voodoo doll]

No

No

Came up with some more:

No and no
No . . . I live in NY and I'm not sure that the Knicks qualify as sexy anyway

It was a foul and it was beautiful

angel_luv
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the mess out of Steve Nash? Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it?

I saw no foul and yes I enjoyed the great acting on Nash's part.
Oscar worthy.

xellos88330
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Are you a secret fan of the Mavericks too? Hell no!!!

Did you ever wish you had a Kobe or Dirk jersey? Only if it was autographed.

Are you still in love with Scola? Good player, but the Spurs still do well without him.

Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs or any other player you'd be embarrassed about? I only care about the Spurs players.

Do you quietly hate a Spurs player? Negative.

Do you like another sport more than basketball? Ping Pong... HAHAHAH J/K!!! That is a no.

Have you ever wished injury on a player <edited > Nope. If the Spurs lose because of one player, they weren't good enough.

Do you believe the Spurs tanked the season to draft Duncan? It's a grey area.

You ever wish Manu was American so you wouldn't have to deal with the bandwagon Argentina fans? I like the Argentinians, they are quite enthusiastic. Wish more NBA fans were more like the world league soccer fans.

When you play video games or do fantasy leagues, do you take KG over Duncan? Do you play as another team? Duncan is quite simply THE MAN and is always my PF choice. I only play as the Spurs. (Of course with a midget with the same name as me in the lineup).

You ever wish you could trade up your Spurs for a more sexy big-market team? No, I do however think that the Spurs should become a bigger market.

Did you think it wasn't a foul when Horry knocked the F* out of Steve Nash? Definitely a foul. Although Nash did do a bit of floppage.

Did you wish Horry had hit him harder and did you enjoy it? Horry barely hit him to begin with. I enjoyed the suspensions.

Texas_Ranger
09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
NO WAY!!
Those guys I really did never want.

Who the fuck is in love with Scola??!!

Have you ever followed a player known to be a sworn enemy of the Spurs?
Do slovenian players count(Rasho, Boki and Beno)...and Baron davis

Yes..Tony Parker..I don't hate him, but I just don't like him!

Nope.

I gues I had..Perhaps Kobe injury, I don't remember.

No.

No.

Fuck KG... I played with other teams, but just like 1 game...

No.

Yea!

Yes and Yes.

manufor3
09-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I saw this thread at another forum and it was pretty funny. There was a Suns fan who wished he had a Robert Horry Jersey :D

Yah, yah, it's the offseason, so entertain yourselves with yet another useless thread.

It's confession time! Here are some of the starter questions, feel free to pour your heart out and ask for forgiveness from your fellow fans.

These sample ideas are mostly Spurs-centric but if you're a fan of another team feel free to come up with your own dirty secrets.

Came up with some more:

i pick duncan over kg in fantasy, but i play the warriors on the video games