35. Larry Brown
36. Rod Strickland
37. Michael Finley
38. Jaren Jackson
39. Hank Egan
40. PJ Carlesimo
41. Sam Presti

------------------------------

To pass the time until the start of preseason, let's see how SpursTalk.com ranks the Top 50 Spurs. Those eligible for the list include all players, coaches and owners. I don't want to define "top" too narrowly, but I think the best way to do it would be to think of the list as a list of the 50 most influential people who have helped make the Spurs one of the most successful franchises in the history of sport.

For more information on what we are doing, check out this thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103061).

In this thread, we will vote for spot number 42. Please place your vote. If you will, also explain in this thread why you voted how you did.

Thanks.

P.S.

Poll options listed in alphabetical order. If you want to vote for someone not on the list, post in the thread and I'll add the person.

Voting will end 2AM CST Saturday morning.

Please vote only once.

samikeyp
09-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Need to get Mike Gale some love.

Kona
09-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Kerr.

angel_luv
09-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Sho. :)

SenorSpur
09-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Personally, I believe that having execs, asst GMs and coaches, lessens the legitimacy of this list entirely. It's ludicrus to depict someone like Sam Presti or Hank Egan having more of an impact than a player who contributes on a regular basis. Like say a Dennis Rodman, Chuck Person or Nazr Mohammed (all of which are still remain).

The point is the impact of owners, coaches and GMs should be apart from that of players. Just my irrelevant opinion.

rascal
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Keep Sho off the list. His game was ugly and he could not hold on to the starting center position he was so bad.

Just because Angel Luv has a crush on this guy is not enough to get him on this list.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Keep Sho off the list. His game was ugly and he could not hold on to the starting center position he was so bad.

Just because Angel Luv has a crush on this guy is not enough to get him on this list.

I can name 35 people on Timvp's current voting list that deserve a spot in the Top 50 over Rasho.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Doc Rivers deserves a spot before Rasho.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Moses Malone deserves a spot before Rasho.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Vernon Maxwell deserves a spot before Rasho.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Charles Spider Smith deserves a spot before Rasho.

Ed Helicopter Jones
Charles Smith I deserves a spot before Rasho.

angel_luv

I don't have a crush on Rasho... anymore. :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Jerry Tarkanian deserves a spot before Rasho.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Didn't T Park win a halftime shooting contest at a Spurs game one time?

T Park deserves a spot before Rasho.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 11:32 AM
The guys that clean up the arena after the game deserve a spot before Rasho.

angel_luv
09-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Hate on playa; hate on. :lol

rAm
09-26-2008, 11:36 AM

hahahahaha so true

rAm
09-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey Iron Mexican, stop messing up the poll.

baseline bum
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Charles Smith I deserves a spot before Rasho.

Harsh

How about this one?

Rasho Nesterovic deserves a spot before Rodman.

T Park
09-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Won a big sreen :lol

T Park
09-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Harsh

How about this one?

Rasho Nesterovic deserves a spot before Rodman.

Rodman won a rebounding title with the Spurs.

Rasho won most times his lips turned blue when it was important ...

SenorSpur
09-26-2008, 12:05 PM
I can name 35 people on Timvp's current voting list that deserve a spot in the Top 50 over Rasho.

...and Vinny Da Black, too.

baseline bum
09-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Rodman won a rebounding title with the Spurs.

Rasho won most times his lips turned blue when it was important ...

When did Rasho sabotage the team in the WCF?

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 05:50 PM
People need to vote or else Rasho Nesterovic is going to make the list of the Top 50 Spurs ever......

and I'm going to have to kill myself with repeated blows to my head with a blunt object. So please help a brother out and vote.

anakha
09-26-2008, 06:00 PM
People need to vote or else Rasho Nesterovic is going to make the list of the Top 50 Spurs ever......

and I'm going to have to kill myself with repeated blows to my head with a blunt object. So please help a brother out and vote.

Come up with a catchy name for whatever anti-Rasho movement you want to start up first. ;)

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Come up with a catchy name for whatever anti-Rasho movement you want to start up first. ;)

All I can come up with in 30 seconds is

R.I.P. - Better off Dead

Rasho Is Pathetic --- Don't Reward Mediocrity

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-26-2008, 06:07 PM
George Johnson and Dave Corzine are two centers more worthy of a top 50 spot than Rasho. Oberto might even be more worthy. At least he saw the court when the playoffs got to a meaningful stage.

angel_luv
09-26-2008, 06:36 PM
People, no!

Join my " Luv Conquers All" movement and vote for Rasho!

:)

timvp
09-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Fab and Rasho are both equally bad votes right here. I wanted Rich Jones but it looks like I'll have to jump on the Del Negro or Kerr bandwagon.

urunobili
09-26-2008, 09:12 PM
:lol at thoughts either Del Negro, Oberto or Rasho r > Kerr :lmao

baseline bum
09-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Bob Hill? Are you all fucking mad? Neither Hill nor Rodman should get a single vote for trashing the 95 WCF.

ChuckD
09-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Kerr was an organizational Judas that had one good fucking game in Silver and Black. Voting for him would be like voting for D'Antoni. You people are fucking pathetic.

dbestpro
09-26-2008, 10:37 PM
It's hard to believe that a player like Gene Banks can be over looked for the bench level players that some of you have voted for. I guess its just an issue of too many newbies voting.

baseline bum
09-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Kerr was an organizational Judas that had one good fucking game in Silver and Black. Voting for him would be like voting for D'Antoni. You people are fucking pathetic.

If it's Kerr vs Bob Hill, Rasho Nesterovic, Dennis Rodman, and Vinny Del Negro, I'm voting Kerr every time. Kerr's the only one who actually did anything for this team in a meaningful game.

baseline bum
09-26-2008, 10:41 PM
It's hard to believe that a player like Gene Banks can be over looked for the bench level players that some of you have voted for. I guess its just an issue of too many newbies voting.

Agreed, but a vote for Gene Banks is a wasted vote if we're the only two who would pick him.

timvp
09-27-2008, 01:20 AM
If it's Kerr vs Bob Hill, Rasho Nesterovic, Dennis Rodman, and Vinny Del Negro, I'm voting Kerr every time. Kerr's the only one who actually did anything for this team in a meaningful game.

I agree Kerr > Rasho, Rodman and Oberto.

However I think Del Negro and Hill are better candidates. Del Negro wasn't that good but he had a lot of tenure. Plus it wasn't his fault that he became the default shooting guard. That was more a job of cheap ownership. Give him the role of a backup combo guard like Kerr got to play and he would have been better than Kerr was at the job.

And really, in 1994-95, who was the backup shooting guard? If Del Negro wasn't there, that team literally didn't have a backup. The only other shooting guard on the roster was the rotting corpse of Willie Anderson ... and he was injured for most of the year.

Plus I'd say Del Negro's performances in Game 3 and Game 4 of the Rockets series were more impressive than Kerr's one good quarter against the Mavs. With the Spurs down 0-2 going to Houston, Del Negro played probably the best two games of his Spurs career to help tie that series. He handily outplayed Clyde Drexler in both games. In Game 4, IIRC, he was arguably the best player on the team for the Spurs. He was horrible in every other game of the playoffs but he did step it up those two games -- and I say that as a long time Del Negro hater.

Plus I have to give Del Negro props for being pretty damn good during the regular seasons in 1994-95 and 1995-96. He hit at least three game winners that I remember and overall played about as well as he could play. He had no business being a starting SG on a championship level team but like I said earlier, without him making the move over from PG, the Spurs would have been in even more trouble.

Kerr, on the other hand, sucked about 95% of the time he was in San Antonio. He had that one stretch where he hit some wide open threes against the worst defender in the history of the NBA but that's about all he did. He filled in for Speedy but it wasn't like he set the world on fire ... especially seeing as how he lost that job to Speedy once Speedy was healthy again.

The argument for Hill is tougher but I covered most of it in the 41 thread. Hill wasn't that good of a coach but he helped mold the Spurs from playing Suns style basketball into a team that took about two or three steps closer to playing championship style basketball. He couldn't complete the whole transformation but he put the team on the right track after going through the John Lucas regime. Plus the coach with the highest winning percentage in franchise history should get at least a little bit of props ... with bonus points for doing that with a clown at power forward, Del Negro at shooting guard and only one player who could even remotely come close to being classified as a superstar.

SenorSpur
09-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Fab and Rasho are both equally bad votes right here. I wanted Rich Jones but it looks like I'll have to jump on the Del Negro or Kerr bandwagon.

Fab and Rasho are equally bad votes anywhere.:lol