PDA

View Full Version : Dirk: "We all know Avery ran a dictatorship"

sribb43
09-26-2008, 10:22 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/092608dnspomavslede.1ac545d.html

Dallas Mavericks' Nowitzki reflects on 'tough year'

12:58 AM CDT on Friday, September 26, 2008
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

The blunt question made Dirk Nowitzki uncomfortable. But it didn't necessarily catch him by surprise, like he knew it was coming sooner or later:

If Avery Johnson was still coaching the Dallas Mavericks, would Nowitzki still be on the team?

It was more than just a rumor last season that Nowitzki had grown tired of Johnson's system and coaching style. But was it really as bad as the whispers made it sound?

"I had a good time with Avery," Nowitzki said Thursday. "But sometimes I wish we had communicated a little more. We all know Avery ran a little dictatorship here. I think this league is still a league of players, not a coaches league."

To the players, that's what Johnson forgot. And that's what rubbed players the wrong way in the end. Nowitzki, sporting a fresh buzz cut with no trace of the Olympic rings he shaved into his hair before the Beijing Games, is back in Dallas for training camp, which begins with physical exams over the weekend, media day Monday and the first set of practices Tuesday.

Nowitzki touched on a variety of topics, including his contract situation and, of course, the coaching change.

Johnson's regimented style, along with his lack of offensive creativity, were two of the things that wore down Nowitzki and his teammates.

Dirk Nowitzki said he wished he and former Dallas Mavericks coach Avery Johnson communicated more. "You know me, I'm not always on the edge," Nowitzki said about whether he and Johnson could have lasted another season together. "I usually keep stuff on the inside."

"It was a tough year for me, I've got to admit. I had a lot of bad games in November and December. And after that, I got to playing better, and Jason [Kidd] really helped my game after the All-Star Game. But it was an up-and-down year, and up-and-down years are never fun. I had to play hurt for us to get to the playoffs, and that obviously is not what we play for."

And as for the Mavericks' offense that slowed to a crawl, particularly in the playoffs, Nowitzki said:

"Avery had a really strong will of what should go on out there, and he controlled the game a lot. I don't think there was enough movement going on. People were just sitting on our stuff, especially in the playoffs. We just couldn't score enough.

"I don't think we got enough easy stuff, either on the break or on cuts. Everything was post-ups or contested shots. It wasn't easy. I don't want to use this year to bash Avery. He took us to the Finals and did a phenomenal job. He came in and brought fire and enthusiasm."

Nowitzki said he is excited about the Mavericks' prospects this season under Rick Carlisle. He already has been impressed with Carlisle's communication skills and his commitment to a more uptempo offense.

Nowitzki also said that he's eager for something else: being a free agent. He can opt out of his contract after 2009-10 or play it out through 2010-11. He said he has no intention of signing an extension next summer when he is eligible to do so.

"I kind of want to see what's going to happen," said Nowitzki, 30. "I don't want to commit until I'm 35 or 36 and then [find out] I don't want to play that long. But saying that now, everything is kind of out in the open. We'll see how we play this year and hopefully bring some of the fun back.

"Once I play these next three years, then maybe I've lost a step and I'm not quick enough anymore to play with these guys because there are so many athletes here."

Nowitzki added that another factor regarding his long-term future is weighing on him: He doesn't want to play when he no longer is effective.

"I'd love to finish my career here in Dallas," he said. "Hopefully, we can win the championship here in the next three years and it'll be great. And if not, we all have to keep our eyes and ears open to what's going on.

"I figure I have three more years now. If we get a championship and I really don't want to play anymore, maybe I'm done. I think the worst thing that athletes can do is play too long and at the end, look slow and don't look right and they lose some of their reputation. I don't want to do that. I want to still play when it's fun."

THOUGHTS FROM DIRK
On the possibility of Kobe Bryant or LeBron James going to Europe:

"I don't believe that."

On him perhaps playing in Europe:

"There's one big club in Germany. They've been asking me every year. Actually, the owner's dream is to have me in uniform once before I retire. I'm sure he's going to do everything he can to make that happen before my career's over."

On Josh Howard:

"He's not a bad guy. He just sometimes says the wrong things at the wrong times. But knowing him for five or six years now, he's a good guy. People are trying to make him a bad guy now, but I can for sure say that he's fun to be around, he's a good kid and he cares. Sometimes he just has to learn how to control himself and keep some stuff to himself. Hopefully, coming into training camp and saying all the right things and working hard and hopefully starting off great will make all this go away and he'll have a great year here and a great career

The Franchise
09-26-2008, 10:25 AM
There are no excuses this year Dirk. If you and Kidd fail to improve on last years results there will be no scapegoat.

Avery_Johnson
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
That sumbitch! Should have traded him when I had the chance!

m33p0
09-26-2008, 11:27 AM
turncoat!

JamStone
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
There are no excuses this year Dirk. If you and Kidd fail to improve on last years results there will be no scapegoat.

Actually, there are good reasons for Dallas not to improve this year. They didn't really upgrade their roster. Teams like New Orleans and Utah already passed them last year, and other teams like Houston and possibly Portland could pass them this year. They are still a bottom four playoff team at best, so improving on a first round exit in the playoffs may prove to be quite difficult.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
:lol @ a Houston fan talking about there being no excuses for the Mavs this season. Isn't the whole Rocket franchise built on excuses?

TDMVPDPOY
09-26-2008, 11:53 AM
without avery in 06, they wouldnt have gotten pass the spurs in the 2nd round.

in 08 they didnt need kidd, shouldve kept that flopper instead and kept the team young...but no.

The Franchise
09-26-2008, 12:20 PM
:lol @ a Houston fan talking about there being no excuses for the Mavs this season. Isn't the whole Rocket franchise built on excuses?

Whats your excuse? :lol

SenorSpur
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Contradictory, isn't it?

Many PackYao
09-26-2008, 12:43 PM
:lol @ a Houston fan talking about there being no excuses for the Mavs this season. Isn't the whole Rocket franchise built on excuses?Not the franchise, but the Tmac/Yao era has plenty of excuses with injuries, coaching changes etc.Yet, they have still accomplished more than the Carmelo era Nuggets. How many injuries have the Nuggets' star players endured? :lol

TDMVPDPOY
09-26-2008, 12:47 PM
2 first round virgin teams talkin to each other....

dirk4mvp
09-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Buzzcut! Hell yes!

stretch
09-26-2008, 01:31 PM

um the scapegoat the whole time has been dirk, even though not much of it at all was his fault.

confined
09-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Dirk is a class act and deserves to win a ring :lobt2:

Kidd better step up his game this year

1Parker1
09-26-2008, 01:55 PM
I figure I have three more years now. If we get a championship and I really don't want to play anymore, maybe I'm done. I think the worst thing that athletes can do is play too long and at the end, look slow and don't look right and they lose some of their reputation. I don't want to do that. I want to still play when it's fun."

:lol Dirk's subtle dig at Shaq perhaps?

Findog
09-26-2008, 02:07 PM

You're a fucking moron. Dallas has won 8 series in the Dirk era.

Gino
09-26-2008, 02:09 PM

You must not be aware of what happened in 94 and 95.

Findog
09-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I struggle everyday to contain my pederastic urges

Many PackYao
09-26-2008, 02:14 PM
You're a fucking moron. Dallas has won 8 series in the Dirk era.I think he was referring to the Rox and Nugs.:toast

Gino
09-26-2008, 02:18 PM
You're a fucking moron. Dallas has won 8 series in the Dirk era.

Hey Fucking moron..he was talking about Denver and Houston.

sribb43
09-26-2008, 02:23 PM

:idiot

Supergirl
09-26-2008, 02:45 PM
IMO the Mavs have lost their opportunity. The only way they were going to win with their particular collection of talent was if they committed to a coach who commits to discipline. That's why AJ was brought in. But apparently, that was too big of a switch in mentality for the Mavs, and it all start with their franchise player, Dirk.

This year they have a new coach, who isn't as committed to discipline and defense, an aging PG, and one giant monkey on their back in the form of their 2006 and 2007 playoff exits. That's too much for them to overcome, I fear.

BUMP
09-26-2008, 03:10 PM
IMO the Mavs have lost their opportunity. The only way they were going to win with their particular collection of talent was if they committed to a coach who commits to discipline. That's why AJ was brought in. But apparently, that was too big of a switch in mentality for the Mavs, and it all start with their franchise player, Dirk.

This year they have a new coach, who isn't as committed to discipline and defense, an aging PG, and one giant monkey on their back in the form of their 2006 and 2007 playoff exits. That's too much for them to overcome, I fear.

i agree that we might have lost our opportunity (i still think we have a glimmer of hope) but i dont agree with the rest of it.

you say that bringing AJ in was too big of a switch, yet they got to the Finals and shouldve won in his first full year of coaching. the Finals collapse haunted them and i think when they start to tune the coach out they need to make a change. Carlisle is known for resurrecting fallen programs.

i dont think we have a monkey on our back cause nobody is really expecting much of us, and i dont think we have fallen off much if at all, its just that the rest of the West has gotten better.

lefty
09-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Dirk is really gay

Kamnik
09-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Dirk is a legend of a player and a great guy.

Despite all the Mavericks hate here.... he should be respected.

It is simply wrong to throw him in the same group as knuckleheads like Terry etc.

Findog
09-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey Fucking moron..he was talking about Denver and Houston.

This from a guy who said Brandon Bass blocked the Kidd trade. Did you get your balls back? I thought I was on ignore?

jack sommerset
09-26-2008, 07:47 PM

HAHAHHAHAHA. He thinks Kidd and Dirk read this.

lefty
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Dirk is really gay

SimonHymen
09-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Dirk is the best Dallas Mav since Cedric Ceballos. Give him props.

lefty
09-27-2008, 01:26 AM

:lol

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 01:51 AM
"I think the worst thing that athletes can do is play too long and at the end, look slow and don't look right and they lose some of their reputation."

No Worries Dirk. Your Rep as a massive Choker is already set in Stone :toast

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 02:39 AM

He's also better than any current player on the rocket's roster too.

RsxPiimp
09-27-2008, 07:34 AM

stfu. he's not better than yao or even tmac if he's healthy.\\\

Shank
09-27-2008, 07:53 AM
"I think the worst thing that athletes can do is play too long and at the end, look slow and don't look right and they lose some of their reputation."

No Worries Dirk. Your Rep as a massive Choker is already set in Stone :toast

Ummm...you may be the only person still left that thinks that. Others have identified that he's not. Join the crowd.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Ummm...you may be the only person still left that thinks that. Others have identified that he's not. Join the crowd.

What others are those exactly?? Mav Fans that smoke an unhealthy amount of Weed :hat

NBA finals, 2006

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Your_Game/Sports_Science/2006_04_19_choke.jpg

Warriors First Round playoffs

MASSIVE

http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/10.2_Ozzie_choke_BDD.jpg

If he wins a title, he is clear of that rep, until then well you know...

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 11:53 AM
You would be an expert on choking, being a yankee fan and all.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 12:07 PM
You would be an expert on choking, being a yankee fan and all.

:lmao

Most successful franchise in all of pro sports

Yeah great example there genius

Guess we have to wait till next year to go for number 27 and you'll have to wait till Dirk Retires to get Number 1. :rolleyes

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Most successful franchise in all of pro sports

how's that been workin for you lately?

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
how's that been workin for you lately?

How's Dirk been working for ya his whole career??

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 12:23 PM
compared to what the mavs were like before he got here, pretty damn good actually.

but why not answer the question.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 12:34 PM
compared to what the mavs were like before he got here, pretty damn good actually.

but why not answer the question.

It has been Good since before he got there but no titles and his mediocre play especially in the finals and playoffs the year after against GS is the main reason why. Dirk is a very talented player who is not clutch and is a lousy leader. He points a lot of fingers when the team fails. As for the Yankees, your point is a terrible one. They are the most successful franchise of all time, not winning a title since 2000, ending a run whipping off 4 in 5 years means what compared to never winning one period??

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Dirk is a very talented player who is not clutch and is a lousy leader.

a spur fan of all people should not be the one saying this.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 12:52 PM
a spur fan of all people should not be the one saying this.

:rolleyes

Uh Alright

Is there a test one has to pass to make such a claim??

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 12:54 PM
well yeah. you have to be a fan of a team he hasn't face raped to say something stupid like that.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 01:03 PM
well yeah. you have to be a fan of a team he hasn't face raped to say something stupid like that.

Spurs fans can talk as much shit to Mavs fans as they damn well please. You are playing in the Duncan Era my friend. 4 titles in 9 years and the two shots Dirk had he let Wade rape him like Kobe on a Sat morning in Denver. Then he bent over for the Warriors the following year, looking like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world but on that court in an elimination game against an 8 seed. What did the Spurs do that year??

Oh yeah that's right

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04Cz3X9e1VbrB/610x.jpg

:toast

Sportstudi
09-27-2008, 01:20 PM
And again... Some people are enjoying their hobby again, named "Bashing Dirk". Thanks Kamnik for your props. Of course, nobody has to be a fan of Dallas and it is okay to dislike a team, but at least you should be fair enough to give the players the respect they deserve. I searched around the net for some articles as well as comments from various fans and maybe some of you could find your opinion in the following...

Dirk was, is and will always be mistreated by the fans and the media. He will never get the same credits like KB, LBJ, Duncan, Garnett or anyone else of the star-players, although he can play on the same level. Read for instance that articles:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26258-Kobe-s-Play-the-Product-of-Biased-NBA-officiating

Citation: "What takes the hit is Dirk's FG%, because he is getting fouled repeatedly and not allowed to play his game. And the impact of this is huge. It allows one player to defend Dirk rather than double or triple teams, which impedes the offense and prevents the other Mavs from scoring.

And the way Kobe is officated does the complete opposite for his teammates. They are getting wide open three pointers constantly and layups because you need multiple defenders to defend Kobe, because unlike with Dirk, one guy isn't allowed to foul Kobe constantly."

Another one:
http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2008/06/18/european-players/

Yes, and Dirk is always called a choker... The 2006 finals were the product of the dreams of Stern and Salvatore who wanted to have Wade as the next superstar. Point. Even T-Mac stated once (don't remember where I read that) that the refereeing in the finals was nothing but a big joke. Of course, it is easy to blame that on one player. Especially if he is not marketingable for the media like Dirk is.

There is another article to be found here. The part concerning the NBA Finals is in the upper third. Some parts out of this one (I put it here because then you don't have to search throughout the whole blog):
http://theabsolutebestblog.blogspot.com/

The Miami Heat have Dwyane Wade, one of the best players in the NBA and People Magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People.” The Heat have Pat Riley, the championship-winning Head Coach. The Heat have Shaquille O’Neal, and while he definitely won’t be mistaken for De Niro, the Big Malapropism is still the NBA’s Fonz. And yes, the Heat have the bright lights and beautiful people of South Beach.

The Dallas Mavericks best player, Dirk Nowitzki, is a lanky German that resembles Scooby-Doo’s Shaggy. The Mavericks Head Coach, Avery Johnson, sounds like he just inhaled a balloon-full of helium. The Mavericks Owner, Mark Cuban, is an ex-computer geek so uncool he makes Technology Kip look Fonz-like. And once again, Dallas’ backdrop ain’t got jack on Miami’s.

Based on marketability, that’s an easy pick. Right?

That’s just the thing—you don’t pick in sports. Ever hear the expressions “let ‘em play” or “may the best man win?” Sure, they are trite, but they are also true. The reason we fell in love with sports in the first place is because sometimes History writes better storylines than we could ever conceive ourselves. I say let History pick up the quills and do its thing.

Unfortunately, NBA Commissioner David Stern doesn’t agree.

Not only has Stern and his regime favored the Heat during these NBA Finals because of the abovementioned reasons, but also because of his disdain for Cuban. Let’s just say that Cuban and Stern have had some tiffs in the past, usually over the policies of the league and the performance of its officials.

As a result of both the appeal of the Miami Heat and his hatred of Cuban, Stern seems hell-bent on making O’Neal and Wade Miami’s most popular duo since Vice’s Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs.

Since I’ve made the accusations, here is the evidence…

The Odds are Stack-ed Against ‘Em

In Game 4, Mavs G Jerry Stackhouse impeded what would have been an easy Shaq dunk with what used to be a "good, clean, hard foul." In fact, even the refs officiating the game didn’t believe that the foul was excessive. They only issued Stackhouse a Flagrant One foul. I think Wade’s knee-jerk reaction to mediate a potential fight made the foul look more severe than it actually was.

Stackhouse is a well-respected player that has been accused of being “soft,” but never, ever of being a bully. He simply wanted to keep Shaq, a horrendous free-throw shooter, from getting two easy points. That is no easy task. Stackhouse had no idea how hard he would have to contact Shaq in order to prevent an easy flush, so he went for the ball hard, getting a lot of body in the process. And when a 340 lb man hits the ground after running at full speed, it will always look bad.

Stackhouse’s one-game suspension is a joke. Sacramento Kings F Ron Artest, the NBA’s version of Mike Tyson, received a one-gamer for maliciously going after Manu Ginobli in a blowout. Heat F Udonis Haslem received a one-gamer for chucking his mouthpiece at a ref. Mavs G Jason Terry and Nuggets F Reggie Evans both received one-gamers for trying to rearrange their opponents man-atomy.

And Stack gets a one-game vacation for what used to be a “good, clean, hard foul?” This is simple—Stern saw his chance to aid the Heat in this series and pounced. Call me clinically insane, but I really believe that Stackhouse, possibly the NBA’s best sub, would have made a difference in the Mavs’ Game 5 101-100 OT loss to the Heat.

Dwyane’s World

Game 5 free-throw attempts: Dwayne Wade 25, Dallas Mavericks 24.

Now I understand team’s getting a call here and there at home, but this is getting re-freakin’-diculous. Wade is a damn good player, arguably as good as any in the league today. But all of a sudden the third-year marvel is getting treatment that I’m not even sure M.J. used to get back in the day. The most free throws that his Airness ever attempted during his prolific 15-year career was 27. The numbers just don’t add up.

To make matters worse, the refs handed Wade the game-winning points on a silver platter. First, it looked like there was a backcourt violation when he caught the inbounds pass with 9.1 seconds left in overtime. Second, even though he drew a foul on his drive to the hoop with 1.9 seconds remaining, it appeared that he was the one who was out of control. Wade even knocked Jason Terry down to the floor.

Nonetheless, despite both the apparent backcourt violation and the phantom foul, Wade was awarded two free throws. He calmly stepped up and knocked down both shots, giving the Heat the 101-100 victory.

Out Of Time?

The NBA and Game 5 refs Joey Crawford and Joe DeRosa stand by the claim that Mavs F Josh Howard boneheadedly burned the Mavs final timeout in-between Wade’s decisive free throws. Crawford says that Howard was looking right at DeRosa when he signaled “timeout.”

That is complete B.S.

Howard has vehemently denied this claim, saying that he “was looking straight at Coach" when he made the signal. I watched the entire game. It was obvious to me that Howard was communicating with Johnson over when to call the Mavs’ final timeout. I understand that Howard has to be more alert during late-game situations, but the refs also have to allow players to communicate with their coaches.

The refs jumped all over the Mavs communication breakdown. Although they won’t admit it, it was a subtle way to ensure Stern’s Game 5 objective—another Heat victory.

---

Yes, he had some downs in these games, but the major reason for the final result was biased officiating. How many people hacked Kobe after the loss the the celtics in June? Not as many as in Dirk's case. The Celtics were so strong etc... were the major reasons at this time. Kobe did not perform well, but there was not any bashing in the dimensions Dirk experienced two years ago. In 2007 he did not play well, that is right. No doubt about that. But every player can have a weak series (and in 2006 Dirk played very well until the finals and also in the first two games).

Dirk is not given the respect that most other stars would get with the same performance. But why? As written in that third article, he is a lanky, white, tall European-guy who is shooting the three and using the jumpshot. You have an owner that speaks his mind, and you have a nontraditional foreigner as your best player. Dirk ain't a screamer. Dirk ain't "tough." He has no street cred. He isn't a thug. He goes about his business the best he can. Dirk is "soft" and a "jump shooting big man". Dirk would never say that he's the best player in the world -> http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/why-paul-pierce-believes-he-s-better-than-kobe-bryant-ar48724.html

Dirk doesn't get arrested and hasn't been accused of anything besides being in the gym too much. Dirk isn't going to give many hot-sports-opinions about other players or get in many fights. Who is his main rival? Who truly despises Dirk. Simply: That isn't sexy for the media and thus they don't favour him and many fans have a bad impression of him.

One of the biggest problems for Dirk is he has the best of both worlds in terms of his game, size and skills, but that in turn gets him the worst of both worlds in terms of officiating. Perimeter players get a lot of touch foul calls. Post players have to be hammered to get a call. The undeserved problem with Dirk is he is physically a post player but he has a perimeter game. A touch foul makes a bigger difference when you are trying to score from 15 feet away. Getting hammered 2 feet away from the basket has less of an effect on a player. To say it plain and simple, Dirk is ahead of his time.

And about a championship: There are players like Dirk, Malone, Barkley, Stockton, Ewing, Reggie etc... Those guys are/were good enough to win a ring, but they are/were victims of bad timing or bad overall teams.

Sorry for the very long post. Maybe some will write things like "whiner", "choker" "you are as gay as Nowitzki" after reading that post, but for me that only shows that those people cannot or do not want to argue. The influence of the media has already reached them... :rolleyes To the others: If you would like to discuss, I'm in.

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2008, 01:21 PM
lol @ rocketfans talkin smack to mavfans...first round virgins and choke artists

stretch
09-27-2008, 01:42 PM
To the others: If you would like to discuss, I'm in.

very good post man.

unfortunately, its really wasting your time with narrow minded fools like dbrieden and such. there are some posters here who are simply ignorant and have no good backing to what they say. some just hate for the sake of hating. but there are plenty of good non-mavs fans (many that even hate the mavs) here who respect the hell out of Dirk and know he is not soft or whatever. oh well. doesnt matter though. there will always be haters of everyone. can you believe there are idiots out there who STILL think Kobe is greater than Jordan? shows how twisted some peoples viewpoints can be...

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 01:49 PM
very good post man.

unfortunately, its really wasting your time with narrow minded fools like dbrieden and such. there are some posters here who are simply ignorant and have no good backing to what they say.

Wait. So your saying that Dirk didn't lose to a vastly inferior team in the finals and then play like trash and lose to an 8 seed the following season??

Huh my memory must be fading.

Sportstudi
09-27-2008, 01:54 PM
very good post man.

unfortunately, its really wasting your time with narrow minded fools like dbrieden and such. there are some posters here who are simply ignorant and have no good backing to what they say. some just hate for the sake of hating. but there are plenty of good non-mavs fans (many that even hate the mavs) here who respect the hell out of Dirk and know he is not soft or whatever. oh well. doesnt matter though. there will always be haters of everyone. can you believe there are idiots out there who STILL think Kobe is greater than Jordan? shows how twisted some peoples viewpoints can be...

Thank you.

Well, sometimes it really seems that some people are very narrow minded. I do not have a problem to give for instance Duncan the respect he deserves. And he deserves a lot. He is definitely one of the best power forwards ever. I am not a Spurs fan, but I do not have a problem to write that.

And about Dirk and clutchness... There were some statistics made by the NBA after the season concerning various rankings based on the season. If I remember correctly in terms of clutch shots he was third behind Kobe and LBJ... And also well placed in other statistics. I do not find them right now, maybe they are not on the net anymore.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Duncan the respect he deserves. And he deserves a lot. He is definitely one of the best power forwards ever

One of??

LEONARD
09-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Trying to convince Spurs fans that Dirk isn't the choker that he's made out to be is a waste of time...

It's a bit...they over-state things just because it's Dirk, just to get under Mavs fans' skin. Just ignore it...

Sportstudi
09-27-2008, 02:22 PM
One of??

Yes, one of. For instance Malone and Barkley were two excellent players. But both did not win a championship. Mainly due to the lack that they played alongside Jordan. Beside that their stats are beyond any doubts. Thus I will not say only because Duncan has won already four titles he is definitely the best. Malone and Barkley were (in my opinion) on the same level like Duncan still is.

Well, for you as a Spurs fan Duncan is of course the best. But I think you should give Malone and Barkley the respect they deserve.

icem
09-27-2008, 02:25 PM
avery is the reason that team made it to the finals.

avery understands that defense wins championships. dirk is a pussy whining about the offense.

the mavs window officially closed when they traded harris for kidd.

Sportstudi
09-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Trying to convince Spurs fans that Dirk isn't the choker that he's made out to be is a waste of time...

It's a bit...they over-state things just because it's Dirk, just to get under Mavs fans' skin. Just ignore it...

True... Some just don't even want to discuss. Perhaps because they don't have real arguments... :rolleyes Probably it's better to ignore them, because I do not want to go on such a low level of discussion (can you still call it discussion?). :rolleyes. But not all of them. For instance Kamnik wrote that he gives Dirk the credits he deserves (as I give them to Duncan), although he does not like the Mavs. But you do not have to like a team to give a player some props.

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 03:22 PM
One of??

you realize you're the equivalent of certain laker fans here right?

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Yes, one of. For instance Malone and Barkley were two excellent players. But both did not win a championship. Mainly due to the lack that they played alongside Jordan. Beside that their stats are beyond any doubts. Thus I will not say only because Duncan has won already four titles he is definitely the best. Malone and Barkley were (in my opinion) on the same level like Duncan still is.

Well, for you as a Spurs fan Duncan is of course the best. But I think you should give Malone and Barkley the respect they deserve.

Let me ask you a question. Did you actually watch Charles Barkley play?? Or did you just look up his stats?? Barkely by his own admission was a mediocre to BAD defensive player. Malone was very good but neither can touch Duncan on that end of the court. Duncan is one of the most accomplished players on D of all time and one of the most dominant and impactful players ever. Barkley by his own admission has said Duncan is the best PF of all time.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 03:24 PM
you realize you're the equivalent of certain laker fans here right?

No hadn't noticed :rolleyes

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 03:26 PM
well duncan's cock is in your mouth pretty firmly.

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Wait. So your saying that Dirk didn't lose to a vastly inferior team in the finals and then play like trash and lose to an 8 seed the following season??

Huh my memory must be fading.

I can't believe the spurs lost to those choking mavericks

Gino
09-27-2008, 05:50 PM
How's Dirk been working for ya his whole career??

koriwhat
09-27-2008, 05:51 PM
FUCK DIRK! dude is talented no doubt but if you can't suck it up and not be a bitch 100% of the time then you have no reason to be on the court in the nba.

monosylab1k
09-27-2008, 05:51 PM
i molest children

Findog
09-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I like to stick my hands in my shorts, then bring them up to my nose to smell the taint

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 05:56 PM
There's nothing like the taste of a 12 year old kid's love juice.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 06:19 PM
well duncan's cock is in your mouth pretty firmly.

Goes down smooth after 4 rings :toast

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 09:12 PM

Good luck with that whole replacing the Avery Johnson "dic(k)tatorship" with the Rick Carlisle monarchy.

dirk4mvp
09-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Goes down smooth after 4 rings :toast

dallaskd
09-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Go Mavs.

dbreiden83080
09-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Good luck with that whole replacing the Avery Johnson "dic(k)tatorship" with the Rick Carlisle monarchy.

Avery must have really lost that team because Carlisle is not a big time coach. I can't imagine him having any major impact with that roster. Seems like Dirk and Cuban had just had their fill of Avery.

Shank
09-27-2008, 10:15 PM
The Spurs have won 4 titles? Since when? Does the media know about this? That's the first anyone has ever heard of that. You sure you're not making that up?

Findog
09-27-2008, 10:37 PM
I think I would heard about this "Spurs winning four titles" business before. After all, this is a spurs board. When did this happen?

manufor3
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Avery must have really lost that team because Carlisle is not a big time coach. I can't imagine him having any major impact with that roster. Seems like Dirk and Cuban had just had their fill of Avery.

Well Carlisle is every bit the offensive stalwart that Avery was so whatever. Here's to more of the same. :toast

monosylab1k
09-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Well Carlisle is every bit the offensive stalwart that Avery was so whatever. Here's to more of the same. :toast

oh kinda like how switching from Van Gundy to Adelman helped the Rockets advance?

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Well it's kind of tough when the best center in the Western Conference is in China eating sea cucumbers and fried grasshoppers while you're taking on the Utah Jazz.

Dramon
09-27-2008, 10:52 PM

Malone never won a championship because of Byron Scott who choked just as bad as Dirk did on the last play of the series when he let Jordan hit the gamewinner.

monosylab1k
09-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Well it's kind of tough when the best center in the Western Conference is in China eating sea cucumbers and fried grasshoppers while you're taking on the Utah Jazz.

Then don't let a pussy who can't play cuz "my foot is huwt :cry but i'll play for China :tu p.s. fuck ron artest" be your team leader.

Findog
09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Malone never won a championship because of Byron Scott who choked just as bad as Dirk did on the last play of the series when he let Jordan hit the gamewinner.

Bryon Russell, not Byron Scott.

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Get back to me when the Litte D finds an answer for Stephen Jackson.

monosylab1k
09-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Get back to me when the Litte D finds an answer for Stephen Jackson.
Get back to me when Yao plays in a second round series.

Dirk got there on his first try.

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Get back to me when Yao plays in a second round series.

Dirk got there on his first try.

Is that when they met the Minny T-Puppies? Is that who you're referring too?

monosylab1k
09-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Is that when they met the Minny T-Puppies? Is that who you're referring too?

Nope, do your research kid.

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 11:10 PM
We're talking about the Mavericks here. Reunion Arena couldn't give away free tickets back in the league's hay day.

monosylab1k
09-27-2008, 11:12 PM
We're talking about the Mavericks here. Reunion Arena couldn't give away free tickets back in the league's hay day.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhh okay.

Findog
09-27-2008, 11:15 PM

In the golden age of the NBA in the 1980's, the Mavericks were one of the elite teams in the League. Do your research, kid.

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Elite by going to the WCF and getting nailed by the Lakers once in the entire decade? That's not elite that just means you're the Utah Jazz. NEXT

What happened in the 90's?

Findog
09-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Elite by going to the WCF and getting nailed by the Lakers once in the entire decade? That's not elite that just means you're the Utah Jazz. NEXT

We had to curbstomp the Rockettes on the way there:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1988.html

The Utah Jazz won 50+ games every year in the Malone/Stockton era and were one of the most successful teams in the league. I welcome that comparison. But we weren't quibbling over what constitutes "elite." You originally claimed that during that time, the Mavericks "couldn't give away" tickets to games at Reunion Arena, this during an era of routine sellouts filled with "Reunion Rowdies." Do your research, kid.

Findog
09-27-2008, 11:27 PM
What happened in the 90's?

Same thing that has happened to the Rockets since about 1997. Every team has its ups and downs. What's next? Title smack? Congratulations on two titles you weren't alive to see, titles earned when Michael Jordan was playing baseball. That puts the Rockets on the same level as the Barkley Suns, Drexler Blazers, Kemp Sonics. Do your research, kid.

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Wait you totally contradict the "significance" of making it to the WCF once by slapping down someone who actually knows what rings look like? I obviously made that Jizz comparison to the current franchise not Malone and Stockton's.

I don't want you to do any research I just want you to blow me. You're a talky bitch aren't you?

Findog
09-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Wait you totally contradict the "significance" of making it to the WCF once by slapping down someone who actually knows what rings look like?

Who are you? Hakeem Olajuwon? Rudy Tomjanovich? Mad Max? Wow, we've got a celebrity on Spurstalk!!!!! How exciting!!!

I don't want you to do any research I just want you to blow me. You're a talky bitch aren't you?

We can't have a discussion because you know as much about basketball as Sarah Palin does about economics and foreign policy. I'm just trying to help you out. Do your research, kid.

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Here's the problem I don't care about the Mavs. The franchise is meaningless but if you want to know that's where I aim every time I take a piss.

Findog
09-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Here's the problem I don't care about the Mavs.

You're welcome to stop posting in this thread if it's not a topic that interests you. Nobody will miss you, since you haven't contributed anything.

The franchise is meaningless but if you want to know that's where I aim every time I take a piss.

I can imagine why:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2005/series_dalhou.html

SimonHymen
09-27-2008, 11:55 PM
You're welcome to stop posting in this thread if it's not a topic that interests you. Nobody will miss you, since you haven't contributed anything.

I can imagine why:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2005/series_dalhou.html

Yeah when I piss it's usually a northerly stream.

Findog
09-27-2008, 11:57 PM

Based on the effects of gravity, you just admitted you have a piss fetish. Good luck with all of that.

SimonHymen
09-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Based on the effects of gravity, you just admitted you have a piss fetish. Good luck with all of that.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fBurUNN62mw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fBurUNN62mw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

monosylab1k
09-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Here's the problem I don't care about the Mavs. The franchise is meaningless but if you want to know that's where I aim every time I take a piss.

I usually aim for a toilet but that's just me.

Don't be such a little bitch cuz you didn't do your research, kid.

monosylab1k
09-28-2008, 01:06 AM

Funny because every time we meet in the playoffs the Mavs are the ones giving a golden shower to the Rockets.

The Reckoning
09-28-2008, 01:25 AM
and then the spurs teabag both

Findog
09-28-2008, 01:26 AM

Spurs have a bigger trophy case. Mavs own Spurs head to head.

That's called nuance.

Kai
09-28-2008, 01:36 AM

This thread is hilarious.

dirk4mvp
09-28-2008, 01:36 AM

are you dense?

Findog
09-28-2008, 01:37 AM
This thread is hilarious.

ScarredHymen is bringing the comic relief!

TDMVPDPOY
09-28-2008, 01:38 AM
this thread FACEPALM epic.....

dirk4mvp
09-28-2008, 01:41 AM
My asshole is throbbing due to getting railed the past few hours.

SimonHymen
09-28-2008, 03:07 AM
Funny because every time we meet in the playoffs the Mavs are the ones giving a golden shower to the Rockets.

R Kelly references are still funny?

Nah, I align myself with I-45 every time. What the fuck are you talking about?

My asshole is throbbing due to getting railed the past few hours.

This ass is exit only.

Findog
09-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Nah, I align myself with I-45 every time. What the fuck are you talking about?

Your stream wouldn't make it past The Woodlands.

SimonHymen
09-28-2008, 03:10 AM
Good Avery Johnson lives there.

Findog
09-28-2008, 03:11 AM
Good Avery Johnson lives there.

Something we can both agree on :toast

Dramon
09-28-2008, 03:27 AM
Bryon Russell, not Byron Scott.

Hahaha, oops...good catch. Thats what I get for trying to make a ridiculous statement.

Biernutz
09-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Since when has any NBA head coach ran a democracy? AJ is anal but most NBA coaches are like that. The Mav's have not gotten over the finals choke job or Cuban's bone head move of letting Steve Nash go. Dirk --look in the mirror and see who lost the games.

Shank
09-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Don't tell anyone, but I'm gently masturbating to the awesomeness of this thread...

dirk4mvp
09-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Cuban's bone head move of letting Steve Nash go.

what the fuck are you talking about?

polandprzem
09-28-2008, 10:33 AM
KIDD won't get too much freedom under carlisle, I wonder if jason goes Dirk on him as well?

monosylab1k
09-28-2008, 11:17 AM
R Kelly references are still funny?

Wow you really are only 13 years old.

Anti.Hero
09-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Waits for J Ho and the Avery/uncle tom comment.

Findog
09-28-2008, 11:38 AM

I know. Especially considering the Mavs went further and were more successful without him. Also more successful than Nash's Suns.

ElNono
09-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Serious question to Mavs fans (and please, most of you do know what I think about Dirk. Even if you don't agree with me, this is a honest question I'd like to hear the opinion of Mavs fans on):

Do you think Dirk will keep leading this team? I recall that when the trade for JKidd was made, one of the reasons stated out there was that JKidd 'brought the leadership this team lacked' (or something to that effect). So who do you think will be the team leader/captain when the season ends?
Also, do you think this player can sit down with jHo and straighten him out?

Findog
09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Serious question to Mavs fans (and please, most of you do know what I think about Dirk. Even if you don't agree with me, this is a honest question I'd like to hear the opinion of Mavs fans on):

Do you think Dirk will keep leading this team? I recall that when the trade for JKidd was made, one of the reasons stated out there was that JKidd 'brought the leadership this team lacked' (or something to that effect). So who do you think will be the team leader/captain when the season ends?

Trade was made because Cuban panicked after the Gasol move. That and they wanted a PG who could create for his teammates better than Harris could.

pauls931
09-28-2008, 02:27 PM

BTW, thanks at least things are entertaining over here. :D

dbreiden83080
09-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I know. Especially considering the Mavs went further and were more successful without him. Also more successful than Nash's Suns.

Yeah those out there that feel Cuban was crazy to let Nash go because of his play with the Suns really don't know much about the game. Nash was a very good PG, who could shoot the lights out and couldn't play any D with the Mavs and he moved to the Suns and remained a very good PG who could shoot the lights out and couldn't play any D. He just got to play in a more up-tempo system that made him look really flashy with all the quick hitting PTS, Run and Gun style. Nash ran that offense wonderfully but it also hid many of his flaws as a player. Nash didn't get better when he left Dallas, the system he moved too just was more suited to him

Biernutz
09-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah those out there that feel Cuban was crazy to let Nash go because of his play with the Suns really don't know much about the game. Nash was a very good PG, who could shoot the lights out and couldn't play any D with the Mavs and he moved to the Suns and remained a very good PG who could shoot the lights out and couldn't play any D. He just got to play in a more up-tempo system that made him look really flashy with all the quick hitting PTS, Run and Gun style. Nash ran that offense wonderfully but it also hid many of his flaws as a player. Nash didn't get better when he left Dallas, the system he moved too just was more suited to him

Cuban said it was a mistake to let Nash go. The Mav's have won more games -sure, but the team was on the upswing anyway. Do you think Nash would have let them choke away finals to the Heat? As for defense he played about good as Dirk did but who did they bring in to do everything Nash did? Was the defense they got worth more than the offense and leadership he provided? Why did they trade for an end of career Kidd now if they now need a good point?

Findog
09-28-2008, 08:59 PM
The Mavs would've never advanced to face the Heat in the Finals because the Spurs and Tony Parker would've raped Nash in the semis. It's a moot point.

icem
09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Cuban said it was a mistake to let Nash go. The Mav's have won more games -sure, but the team was on the upswing anyway. Do you think Nash would have let them choke away finals to the Heat? As for defense he played about good as Dirk did but who did they bring in to do everything Nash did? Was the defense they got worth more than the offense and leadership he provided? Why did they trade for an end of career Kidd now if they now need a good point?

i agree.

the mavs didnt get better because they traded nash, it was because of avery's focus on making them better defensively.

dirk4mvp
09-28-2008, 09:03 PM
i agree.

the mavs didnt get better because they traded nash, it was because of avery's focus on making them better defensively.

I doubt even Avery could get Nash to play defense.

Reggie Miller
09-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Dirk: "We all know Avery ran a dictatorship..."

..."but at least he made the trains run on time..."

Findog
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
i agree.

The Mavs didn't trade Steve Nash. And Avery couldn't have done anything about Nash's defense, nor would they have had his salary slot to sign Dampier. He's insanely overpaid, but who do you think does a better job of guarding Duncan, him or Nash?

Gino
09-30-2008, 12:14 PM

Very true.

Findog
09-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I know nothing about basketball. I am, however, an experting at sticking my fingers in my shorts and then smelling the taint on my hands

confined
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM

Well, Jkidd is in fact rated better than Dirk in NBA 2k9, so you may be right :downspin:

BUMP
09-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Really?

cause im pretty sure with Nash we went to making it to the WCF to losing in the first round next year.

Biernutz
09-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Reports that more that 5 players asked to be traded if AJ came back---

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/09/30/mark-cubans-off-season-choice-fire-avery-johnson-or-trade-alm/

SimonHymen
09-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Reports that more that 5 players asked to be traded if AJ came back---

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/09/30/mark-cubans-off-season-choice-fire-avery-johnson-or-trade-alm/

Phags.

Reggie Miller
09-30-2008, 07:42 PM
The Mavs would've never advanced to face the Heat in the Finals because the Spurs and Tony Parker would've raped Nash in the semis. It's a moot point.

The only Dallas team to get past San Antonio didn't have Nash.

The only recent Suns' team to play well against San Antonio in the postseason didn't have Nash or D'Antoni (2003).

The Suns system is designed around Nash. That's why they can't beat a team designed around an excellent big man.

sook
10-03-2008, 12:09 AM
i feel srry for avery, cuban and all of dallas for having to witness my sig:rollin

monosylab1k
10-03-2008, 08:25 AM
i feel srry for avery, cuban and all of dallas for having to witness my sig:rollin

i feel srry for yao, mcgrady, and all of houston for having to witness a 40 point curb stomping in game 7 :rollin