PDA

View Full Version : Hey JGW!

tlongII
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
You failed THE QUIZZ!

:lmao

JamStone
09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
So what's his excuse gonna be when he finally shows back up in the forum in a week or two?

In a week or two?

I'm guessing first week in December when they start talking about which teams are going to which bowl games and how USC deserves to be in the NC game.

tlongII
09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
http://photos.oregonlive.com/photos/oregonian/3e4153488f366ffe83be09961c99ef8b.jpg

:lmao

johngateswhiteley
09-26-2008, 02:10 PM
that little fucker is good...

tlongII
09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
that little fucker is good...

He's damn good! I'm surprised that Texas or USC didn't recruit him. Isn't he the all-time leader in the state of Texas for touchdowns scored in high school? You gotta be good if you do that!

Brutalis
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
OSU got lucky and won. USC isn't going to win every game all the time even though they could if they'd lose the ego at times.

That was OSU's season, now you can all go back home and pretend to be basketball fans too.

tlongII
09-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Dude, OSU has a good football program. We may not be USC, Texas, Florida, etc. but we can play. Our problem is that we always seem to start the season slowly. Once we get rolling we can beat anybody.

lebomb
09-26-2008, 02:48 PM
OSU got lucky and won.

Any team can beat any other team on any given day.

Brutalis
09-26-2008, 03:16 PM

True.

romad_20
09-26-2008, 03:48 PM

I beg to differ. It happens sometimes, but there are a lot more "for sures" in college than "not for sures". There isn't the same kind of parody in college that there is in the NFL or even College Basketball. If you have the better players (faster, bigger) you're going to win 99 out of 100 times in college.

tlongII
09-26-2008, 04:26 PM
I beg to differ. It happens sometimes, but there are a lot more "for sures" in college than "not for sures". There isn't the same kind of parody in college that there is in the NFL or even College Basketball. If you have the better players (faster, bigger) you're going to win 99 out of 100 times in college.

I think you meant parity, not parody. :lol

JamStone
09-26-2008, 04:39 PM
There's plenty of parody in the NFL. With material like T.O. and Chad Johnson and Clinton Portis and Jessica Simpson and Al Davis' corpse and the Detroit Lions, there's bound to be a lot of parody on the NFL.

romad_20
09-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I think you meant parity, not parody. :lol

Oh No!!!!!!! :bang Now I look like an idiot on a message board. Join the club, I guess :lol

redraiderinfiji
09-29-2008, 09:23 AM
The thing is, JGW always has the most radical, not understandable, lop-sided sports analyzes. He has preached his radicalism, regardless of the response he gets. Deep down he knows that he is wrong. People online are not the only people who think his sports thinking is handicapped. But give him props for keeping his beliefs, not matter how mundane they might be. JGW will soon be talking about the upcoming Texas A&M women's basketball season, hoping the gain some ground. I, personally, do not argue with him anymore, because reading his words get me confused as to why a person with a college degree, and a pretty good sports intelligence, can make such ridiculous claims, knowing he is wrong.

usc, beat / a&m, the new baylor of the big 12!

redraiderinfiji
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Eat shit all aggies! (JGW YOU NEED TO SOAK IN IT)

Tech is #7 bitch! fuck your trojans (which are not YOUR trojans at all) and your stupid aggies (that suck the ball sweat off of Baylor)

redraiderinfiji
09-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Please Keep This Thread Going!

Lets Keep It Going All Season! Revenge Of The Sane People!

MajorMike
09-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Can you imagine if Army would have beaten atm like they should have this weekend as well? We might never see jgw again.

tlongII
09-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Texas Tech is #7??? I didn't realize that! I'd still like to know why Texas didn't recruit Quizz?

redraiderinfiji
09-29-2008, 09:46 AM
So is it a yes to keep this thread going? I, like the other people in this forum, can now have a place to wallow, and discuss openly the idiotic opinions this poor soul has shunned unto the world. Not only does he have to swallow and accept the shit that has poured from his mouth, he will not be able to forget because there is a thread dedicated to him. The thing is, if we keep this thread going, every time he posts something crazy we can always revert to this thread. And so can he!

I am not to make you angry you poor bandwagon Trojan fan! Just giving you a taste of reality! Swallow and accept!

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD

redraiderinfiji
09-29-2008, 09:59 AM
So what's his excuse gonna be when he finally shows back up in the forum in a week or two?

Jay, about 100 percent of the people who know him in real life agree. When "his" teams lose, there is always a "valid reason" that spews from his trap.

I have been waiting for years for the reason A&M continues to get destroyed by Tech! He blamed coaching, but even that does not work! Sometimes you just got to admit, damn my team sucks!

KEEP THE THREAD ROLLING

johngateswhiteley
09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Can you imagine if Army would have beaten atm like they should have this weekend as well? We might never see jgw again.

1. they shouldn't have
2. no

MajorMike
09-29-2008, 02:35 PM
That's 2 years in a row Army lost one they shouldn't have to atm.

redraiderinfiji
09-30-2008, 09:45 AM
According to the cbs sportsline poll, army is near dead last (118th). And a&m ALMOST lost!
We cant all get what we want sometimes (which is to not only see the aggies tread the big 12 gutter, but the nation as well).

redraiderinfiji
09-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Its sad to see such money, facilities, and recruits going no where for so long. I know the aggies agree. College Station is still a fantastic place to have a game. Texas Tech knows, they always win there. Its like a second home.

cash459
10-10-2008, 08:53 PM
bump

redraiderinfiji
11-02-2008, 08:43 AM
hey jgw - eat my dookie!

I am bringing this thread back! I want JGW to come back from his USC wallow and deal with the TECH team who is going to be #3 IN THE COUNTRY in the next poll!

USC SUCKS BALLS AND TECH WOULD BEAT THEM. TEXAS AND OKIE STATE WOULD BEAT THEM TOO!

redraiderinfiji
11-02-2008, 08:52 AM
God I loathe JGW and his small-nuts predictions!

redraiderinfiji
11-02-2008, 09:02 AM
LUBBOCK, Texas -- Eight seconds remained on the clock, eight seconds left in a game that appeared as if it would defy the laws of college football. No. 7 Texas Tech had dominated No. 1 Texas Saturday night. The Red Raiders had walled off the Longhorn running game. They had sacked Colt McCoy four times, intercepted him and returned it for a touchdown. Texas receivers dropped five passes in the first half alone.

And somehow Texas led, 33-32.

Texas Tech had gained 551 yards, had held the ball almost 37 minutes and had won the turnover battle, two to one. The Red Raiders had the home crowd, which was the biggest (56,333) in the history of Jones AT&T Stadium. Texas Tech had the ball on the Texas 28, and by all that is right and true, the Red Raiders should have needed only to take a knee.

They had everything they needed to get the school's first victory over a No. 1 team in history. It would also be Texas Tech's 500th victory, not to mention the victory that would legitimize the Red Raiders in the minds of those who bow to tradition.

They had everything but points, and to get the points, the Red Raiders needed yards. For all the offensive luxuries that Texas Tech possesses, none of them include a field goal kicker dependable outside of 30 yards.

On the previous play, Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell had scrambled to his left and flipped a pass to Edward Britton. The ball sailed off Britton's hands, into the breadbasket of Texas defensive back Blake Gideon -- and out again. The ball fell to the turf.

[+] Enlarge
Michael Crabtree

Brendan Maloney/US Presswire

Michael Crabtree's 28-yard touchdown catch lifted No. 7 Texas Tech past No. 1 Texas.
You didn't need to be Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp to know what Texas Tech would do. The blue-haired ladies in burnt orange sweaters in the upper deck of the east side stands knew. Texas Tech sophomore Michael Crabtree lined up on the right side. Texas corner Curtis Brown would cover him, and safety Earl Thomas lurked behind Brown in case the 6-foot-5 All-American beat him.

Crabtree had caught 70 passes for 893 yards and 14 touchdowns this season. But he hadn't caught a touchdown Saturday night.

"On the sideline, I dreamed that I would catch a pass and go in the end zone for a game-winning touchdown," Crabtree said afterward. "But I do that every game."

Harrell called a fade, a pass where the sideline is a receiver's friend. The fade pass thrown correctly can't be defensed.

"That's the basis of this offense, the vertical passing game," Harrell said. "That's a vertical we threw blind. And we do that time and time again. We practice that every day in practice. We practice going over the top on the fade (throwing over the receiver's head) and the throw-behind. On that one, the corner wasn't looking. If he's not looking, throw it behind his head and let the receiver make a play."

You have to understand the relationship between Harrell and Crabtree. Texas Tech defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill recalled spending an hour on the StairMaster last summer, while Harrell and Crabtree practiced in the stifling West Texas heat.

"I saw them do it for over an hour," McNeill said. "I don't know how many routes you can run in a hour, but that's a lot of routes."

[+] Enlarge
Graham Harrell

AP Photo/LM Otero

Quarterback Graham Harrell torched Texas for 474 yards and two touchdowns.

Crabtree started downfield. Harrell saw that Brown had his back turned to him. Crabtree caught the ball inside the 5. He planted his foot and pivoted. He didn't go out of bounds.

Brown slid off of him. When Crabtree pivoted, Thomas, the safety, ran past him. He ran into the end zone. Crabtree had made his sideline dream come true.

"It happened!" Crabtree said, his voice revealing his delight. "It kind of shocked me."

The Red Raiders celebrated behind the north end zone, and either they or the fans who rushed the field got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. After the fans cleared the field, Matt Williams kicked the extra point, and the fans rushed the field again, getting another penalty.

Texas Tech had to kick off from its 7-yard-line. Texas hoped to fair catch, which would not start the clock and allow the Longhorns one more play to win. A squib kick forced their hand. When the fans rushed the field this time, they drew no penalty flags. They just celebrated Texas Tech's 39-33 win.

"I was proud of our guys because we didn't play consistently well tonight," Texas coach Mack Brown said. "We had a lot of problems and to their credit they kept fighting back. All we did was score too quick at the end. We should have taken more time off the clock."

[+] Enlarge
Colt McCoy

Brendan Maloney/US Presswire

Texas quarterback Colt McCoy passed for 274 yards and two TDs, but the Longhorns came up short.
Brown referred to an 11-play, 80-yard drive led by McCoy that ended with 1:29 to play when Vondrell McGee ran four yards for the go-ahead touchdown. It was unlike any other drive by the Longhorns Saturday night; that is, it went virtually without a hitch. Prior to that, it would be polite to say the Texas offense struggled. The fact is, you could watch the video of this game from now until Thanksgiving and not figure how Texas had pulled ahead.

As the Red Raiders began that final drive, that thought even crossed Leach's mind "a little bit," he said, a rare admission of emotion from a head coach who, like most of them, preaches focusing on the task at hand. The rest of the time, he refused to discuss the import of the game. Leach reminded one and all that No. 9 Oklahoma State would be in Lubbock next Saturday.

"Now the biggest game in history is Oklahoma State," Leach said, "in the history of this year."

Texas is relegated to hoping that its six-point road loss to a top-10 team will look better than Florida's one-point home loss to an unranked team.

"When you lose it's tough," said McCoy, who finished 20-of-34 for 294 yards, two touchdowns, and that one interception that safety Daniel Charbonnet took 18 yards for a Red Raider touchdown. "That's a hard thing to deal with, but this team is aweome and this team fought. We didn't play good but we fought until the end."

No matter what Colt McCoy achieves in the rest of his football career, no matter how many games he wins, passes he completes or Heismans he lifts, he will remember every single play of what transpired Saturday night. For players, the victories fade from memory. The losses never do.

For fans, however, the victories don't fade. Car horns honked for two hours after the game, well into Sunday morning. The first victory over No. 1 and the 500th victory in Texas Tech history will be pressed in the Red Raider family Bible. Texas Tech dominated -- and survived.

Ivan Maisel is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Send your questions and comments to Ivan at [email protected]. His new book, "The Maisel Report: College Football's Most Overrated & Underrated Players, Coaches, Teams, and Traditions," is on sale now. For more information, go to TheMaiselReport.com.