PDA

View Full Version : Slovenian players 08-09 Season Thread!

Kamnik
09-27-2008, 09:39 AM
I think we can finally forget about the Raptors! :toast:lol

This thread is for all discussion about Slovenian players, Slovenian national team, Olimpija (Slovenia's euroleague club) etc.

Lets cheer for the best possible season for Goran, Rasho and Beno!

p.s.

Please dont insult the term "Slovenian player" by reminding me that i forgot Sasha Vujacic.. because I didnt.

angel_luv
09-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Go boys! :)

Yea for the thread. :)

I will fix my signature to include Goran somehow. Let me think on it. :)

Kamnik
09-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Rasho is slowly finishing his NBA career... hopefully he would somehow be traded to some of the contending teams to be used as a weapong against the likes of Yao, Shaq,... I just wish that he will continue to play for Slovenian NT. If we would actually be able to get Smodis, Rasho and Lorbek to play at the same time we could have a Killer frontcourt.

Beno... i hope he he and whole team evolves. They are young and Kevin Martin is a huge talent. But somehow i have a bad feeling about his future succes. Lacks mental and physical toughness.

Goran... oficially my favourite player in the NBA. Unfortunately he plays with the likes of Amare and that automatically makes it hard for me to cheer for them as a team.
But he has a great enviroment to learn under Nash and will get decent minutes imo.

Kamnik
09-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I have this funny feeling.... I am almost relieved that Nachbar and Brezec are out of the NBA. I was just being frustrated with Boki year by year because he could not really grow as a solid role player. Brezec turned out to be a bit of a knucklehead according to his comments. He is not NBA talent anyways imo.

angel_luv
09-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Go boys! :)

Yea for the thread. :)

I will fix my signature to include Goran somehow. Let me think on it. :)

And done. :lol

:)

angel_luv
09-27-2008, 09:58 AM
I'll miss seeing Boki play. I always liked him.

Kamnik
09-27-2008, 12:38 PM
I'll miss seeing Boki play. I always liked him.
I liked to watch him play... but he did not develop some of the things that could make him a decent player. :(

JamStone
09-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Since when did Goran Ivanisevic play basketball?

Slomo
09-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Since when is Ivanisevic Slovenian?

Flight3107
09-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Is there a slovenian player in the NBA that does not suck?

JamStone
09-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Since when is Ivanisevic Slovenian?

Since it was a joke.

Slovenian, Croatian, Estonian, Serbian, Hungarian, Siberian... same shit.

Allanon
09-27-2008, 09:38 PM

The "next Manu" and Slovenia's favorite son of course:

http://espn.go.com/media/nba/2004/0311/photo/vujacic_vi.jpghttp://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/sasha_vujacic-arton21228-240x240.jpghttp://www.nationalradio.com/images/NBA_SASHA_VUJACIC_150_N.jpg
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0525/nba_g_ginobili_580.jpg

ploto
09-27-2008, 11:59 PM
We all know how much people like to harp on him, but Rasho is entering his 11th NBA season. Think about all the players who never lasted that long in the NBA. I look forward to seeing what comes of the Pacers this year. I have always liked Jeff alot and I am interested to see how it all turns out. Pacers fans tell me that Jeff is really a PF who has played center by necessity so they expect Rasho to start. There is also the claim that defense will dictate playing time, so we will see. Rasho will most certainly be playing the role of mentor to yet another rookie big man, and if anyone can be an example to Hibbert that a slow big guy can make a career in the NBA, Rasho is the man. I also am curious to see if anything happens around the trade deadline based upon which teams are looking strong and how their big men are playing.

It is odd that none of the next small wave of players lasted. You skip from Rasho down to Beno and Sasha in their fifth year and Goran in his first. I guess we will never even see some of the guys drafted by the NBA- like Sani.

Beno: I really hope he proves his doubters wrong and does not grow complacent with his new contract.

Goran: I loved him from the first time I saw him play. I think he is in a good spot to learn not only from Steve but also Terry Porter.

Kamnik
09-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Beno: I really hope he proves his doubters wrong and does not grow complacent with his new contract.

Goran: I loved him from the first time I saw him play. I think he is in a good spot to learn not only from Steve but also Terry Porter.

Amen!

As for Rasho... unfortunately he never could step up his game during playoffs. We all like him nonetheless.

I would like to see him go back to Europe and be dominant there while he still could. And HOPEFULLY he keeps on playing for NT.

ChuckD
09-28-2008, 10:29 AM
That's one hoodoo that the Spurs have finally shed from their roster. They all seem to have basketball talent, but no mental toughness.

MI21
09-28-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm going to miss Nachbar throwing down random facials out of nowhere on opposition big men.

Kamnik
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
That's one hoodoo that the Spurs have finally shed from their roster. They all seem to have basketball talent, but no mental toughness.

Unfortunately yes....

You have to have crazy confidence to be an NBA player.

Per say.... i think Rasho and Beno are both more talented than Vujacic; but that biatch is so self confident that in the end he is a more useful player to his team than the other two... :rolleyes

Lets hope Dragic will develop more confidence.

Kamnik
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Damn strong domestic league for a 2 million nation...

http://www.siol.net/sportal/kosarka/dp/2008/09/pred_zacetkom_dp.aspx

I ws quite surprised at some things reading this article through.

Our league is probably stronger than the one in Germany.

velik_m
09-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Our league is probably stronger than the one in Germany.

I didn't know Germany's league sucks so much.

Kamnik
10-09-2008, 05:10 AM
According to stats Dragic played fine....

But could someone who watched the game comment a little? Was the game competitve? How was his D?

Kamnik
10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Not basketball but still... wow!

Kopitar signed a 7 year NHL contract!

http://www.siol.net/sportal/hokej/nhl/2008/10/kopitar_v_la_se_sedem_let.aspx

Allanon
10-11-2008, 06:29 PM
According to stats Dragic played fine....

But could someone who watched the game comment a little? Was the game competitve? How was his D?

I'm watching the Suns/Nuggets tonight on TNT, I'll post an update on Dragic

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Go Dragic.

But fuck the Suns.

Kobayagi
10-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Not basketball but still... wow!

Kopitar signed a 7 year NFL contract!

NFL? :lol

Slomo
10-12-2008, 03:33 AM
NFL? :lol

I know. I was like NFL? 7 years? and who the fuck is this Kopitar???

:lol

Kamnik
10-12-2008, 03:39 AM
Ah shit.... 1 fucked up 1 letter... :P

I meant the right thing ;)

@Allanon: thanks!

Allanon
10-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Dragic in the suns game:

Dragic only played 11 minutes in the game so it wasn't much time. He was good handling the ball and the offense. But he wasn't very aggressive. Again, not much playing time.

He had a nice move and you can see he has good body control and strength for a point guard...he took the ball to the hoop, got hit and still finished the shot for a 3 point play. He still looked a little nervous and wasn't aggressive enough...probably because he's still new. He has skill and good strength at the PG position so that's a plus.

Overall the game was pretty bad ... it was freezing cold and nobody could make their shots. Dragic led the Suns with 2 Assists :) So you can't take much from this game to evaluate, sorry.

Kamnik
10-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Dragic in the suns game:

Dragic only played 11 minutes in the game so it wasn't much time. He was good handling the ball and the offense. But he wasn't very aggressive. Again, not much playing time.

He had a nice move and you can see he has good body control and strength for a point guard...he took the ball to the hoop, got hit and still finished the shot for a 3 point play. He still looked a little nervous and wasn't aggressive enough...probably because he's still new. He has skill and good strength at the PG position so that's a plus.

Overall the game was pretty bad ... it was freezing cold and nobody could make their shots. Dragic led the Suns with 2 Assists :) So you can't take much from this game to evaluate, sorry.

thanks anyways....

yeah this game was completely for the fans

most players only care about not getting injured

ploto
10-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Lorbek with 14 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 steals against the Raptors.

http://www.nba.com/games/20081014/MOSTOR/boxscore.html

Kobayagi
10-15-2008, 02:11 AM
What happened to Smodis?

ploto
10-15-2008, 10:00 AM
What happened to Smodis?

sprained his ankle

Kamnik
10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I got shocked seeing Chris Bosh blow by Lorbek for a dunk...

Apart from that... unbelivable the starting bigs for CSKA are 2 Slovenians. Proud of them!

angel_luv
10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm watching the Suns/Nuggets tonight on TNT, I'll post an update on Dragic

I didn't watch the game... forgot Dragic played for the Suns. :oops

platenuts
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I really think this year we will see alot from Beno, i read a few comments about him becoming complacent with his contract which is a valid concern but he has worked really hard to get this opportunity and I think he's gonna run with it.

Kamnik
10-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Dragic had a good game for the suns against the nuggets. His first start. (Nash was out due to the sprained ankle)

According to suns forums&articles he played a really good D. In 30 minutes of action he had 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocked shots with only 1 turnover.

In offense he ran the team good while not attempting many shots. He had 6 points with 2/7 shooting. (missed all 3 3pt attempts.)

Overall he had a really good game and was praised by several people&press.

Kamnik
10-21-2008, 04:08 AM
Dragic started and played team high 41 minutes. His stat line is not too impressive but according to some who saw the game team runs good when he is in (a true PG) and has the highest +/- on the team.

Beno DNP.

ata
10-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Dragic started and played team high 41 minutes. His stat line is not too impressive but according to some who saw the game team runs good when he is in (a true PG) and has the highest +/- on the team.

Beno DNP.

Nice stats for Dragić, just to many TOs.

Beno? I guess he is already "injured" (until start of the season)

ata
10-22-2008, 02:37 AM
Another very nice stat line for Dragić: +27, 7Rb, 8Ass, 3Stl. 4TO - not bad comparing to steals and assists. I am glad to see he didn't picked more than 3 PF in 35 min. PFs are usually cancer for european players in their 1st season.

Slo spurs fan
10-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Ata, you forgot his 10 points. He had almost tripe double.

Kobayagi
10-22-2008, 03:40 AM
I'm waiting for his first triple-double. :king

Kamnik
10-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Maybe 1 or 2 years and he will have a quadruple with steals :D

Kobayagi
10-22-2008, 08:06 AM
He'll get there sooner with double digits in turnovers. :fro

Kamnik
10-22-2008, 03:48 PM
A post from one of the Suns fans from another forum:

"
I have to note again how effective a job that Dragic is doing running the team. His offense is still shaky, but 8 assists, 7 rebounds, and 3 steals? His 4 TOs are too high, but it is the preseason and was a really hackneyed lineup. Most impressive to me was his +27 while on the floor, by far the highest on the team. He has a very positive impact on the game, which is so completely different that Banks or many other of backup PGs in the past. My hopes for him are really increasing, and I am actually very happy that things have worked out with Nash missing these games to give Dragic a chance to gell with the team. I feel like he had made a fair bit of progress in the last month.
"

GO GORAN!

Kamnik
10-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Description of Dragic on Hoopshype:
"Plays both guard spots... Very technical player, like most Slovenians... Pretty weak."

I find it funny on several levels :D

angel_luv
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
I really enjoyed the opportunity I had in the Spurs' season opener to see Dragic play in person.

He made some very passes. I look forward to watching his progress this season. :tu

:)

Kamnik
11-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Seems like all 3 Slovenian players are playing better and better.

Udrih played some good games in a row including a 30 point career high. He seems to be more agressive offensively now with K-mart out.

Dragic is slowly gaining confidence and today he played 30 minutes with Nash being suspended. (won against Sacramento in a matchup against Udrih)
Seems that Terry Porter is really high on him as he gets all the minutes Nash does not play...

Nesterovic is back from the injury and instantly had 2 good games.

ploto
11-15-2008, 05:44 PM
^Rasho was +19 in 27 minutes in that game and they lost.:depressed

He also had a flagrant foul called on him!

The Pacers are struggling to get good shots but are getting a big lift from Rasho Nesterovic, who hits a couple of baskets early in the period to help protect the lead...

Granger hit a pullup jumper to cut it to 2 with 43 seconds left and the Pacers got the stop they needed, thanks to Nesterovic's tough defense against Brand that forced a tough, errant shot. But Daniels' potential game-winning 3-pointer bounced out and that was that.
http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700026318

http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/pacers_sixer_081114_087.jpg

ploto
11-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Angel- wanted to make sure you know that the Pacers are playing the Bulls tonight and as far as I know the game is on WGN for you.

Kamnik
11-16-2008, 06:51 AM
Another good game by Rasho... Too bad he is on Pacers.

velik_m
11-16-2008, 07:48 AM
I think Pacers will make playoffs this year.

pauls931
11-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Well, I guess dragic is developing ok. I'm impressed Phoenix won a road game without nash. I see a few flashes of brilliance out of the kid occasionally so he's ok in my book. (I was expecting too much out of him earlier, since it's probably easier for a young player to go from college to the NBA than come from a foreign country as a young player)

Slomo
11-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, I guess dragic is developing ok. I'm impressed Phoenix won a road game without nash. I see a few flashes of brilliance out of the kid occasionally so he's ok in my book. (I was expecting too much out of him earlier, since it's probably easier for a young player to go from college to the NBA than come from a foreign country as a young player)

It's not just that. Look at his professional basketball history. I don't think it's possible to come to the NBA with less experience than he did. So that he's able to hold his own right now is crazy impressive.

I wonder how hard he will hit the rookie wall.

Kamnik
11-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Agreed wit last 2 posts...

I watched some of his few games closely...

I think he has a bright future infront of him if he works hard and looses all the fear.

Right now it is obvious he is intimidated by everything and has a hard time adjusting to the system, culture, language etc... He is "the foreigner" on the team with Diaw and Barbosa being seasoned players already.

Apart from that... that win over Sacramento was impressive. Even though i think Kings coach fucked up a lot not to set more pick and rolls for Beno. (Beno has been extremely good lately offensively and was able to dominate Dragic 1 on 1... not to mention Shaq can't defend pick and roll)

I am also really impressed with Beno lately. He is running the team really well with assits and scoring. (and not turning the ball too much) But every game there are some situations where he is really shaken up when falling down etc. (more than some other players) Meaning... little bumps and bruises get too him too much.

ploto
11-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Rasho tonight against the Hawks:

21 points; 7 rebounds; 5 assists; 3 blocks; 2 steals :elephant

Kamnik
11-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Rasho doing it big time!

angel_luv
11-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Fear the Sho! :king

10-tka
11-19-2008, 05:02 PM
bravooooooo

how are you girls?

ploto
11-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Rasho's best attribute? Nothing. And everything.

Mike Wells and I were working into the embers of Tuesday night, tying up loose ends after the Pacers' 113-96 victory over Atlanta, when The Indianapolis Star's stellar beat writer interrupted his typing, looked over and asked a question that has been rattling around in my head ever since:

"What would you say is Rasho Nesterovic's best attribute as a player?"

I started to answer but realized nothing came to mind. Or better put, everything came to mind. Rasho's greatest strength is that he doesn't have a greatest strength. He does everything pretty well. He's one of the most fundamentally sound big men I've ever seen. On nights like Tuesday, when he racked up 21 points, seven rebounds, five assists, three steals and two blocked shots, it's plain to anyone who watched.

But nights like these are exceptions. Normally, Rasho's a 10-and-5 guy with a few assists and a blocked shot or two mixed in, not the kind of numbers that get your attention -- unless you happen to really like watching good professional basketball players at work.

Or, if you're someone who understands and appreciates the game at a level most of us can never begin to approach. Someone like, for example, Jim O'Brien.

He didn't hesitate at all when I repeated Wells' question to him.

"I would say his basketball IQ," said the coach. "I think he understands the game of basketball. He understands in particular what we're trying to accomplish offensively. He understands the strengths of his teammates. He understands the weaknesses of his teammates. He's a very, very good communicator.

"Physically, I'd say his best attribute is probably passing the basketball."

Which partially explains one other group that truly appreciates Rasho's game: his teammates.

"He's what you call a good pro," said T.J. Ford, who spent two years with Rasho in Toronto. "He carries himself the way a professional should. He doesn't have a big name. He never has. But if you ask around the NBA, they know he's a solid player."

There is someone you simply shouldn't ask, though, when the time comes to heap praise upon the 7-foot veteran from Slovenia. That would be the 7-foot veteran from Slovenia.

So, Rasho, what's your best attribute?

"I don't think about that," he said. "During the game, you just try to make every pass good, every shot good, every defense good. You are just in the flow of the game."

How did you feel about your big statistical night?

"I don't know the box score," he said. "I mean, this is just stats. It means nothing."

Many have said that. Few mean it. I'll never forget the one player (now retired) who shall remain nameless who looked a TV reporter squarely in the eye, said he never even looked at the box score because stats were for losers. As soon as the reporter turned off his camera and turned to walk away, the player reached under his chair, grabbed the box score and began complaining to the guy in the next locker about how the stat crew missed a couple of his assists.

Rasho's a guy who means it. It's a big reason he has never been on a team that failed to make the playoffs. You can look it up: five seasons in Minnesota, three (including a title) in San Antonio, two in Toronto, none fell short of the playoffs.

"Don't think I don't know that," O'Brien said.

Which brings us to the one statistic that may best explain his game: my beloved plus-minus. In the four games since Rasho has returned from the sprained ankle, the Pacers have outscored their opponents by 54 points when he's been on the floor. When he's been on the bench, the Pacers have been outscored by 41.

"Lawrence Frank from the Nets told me when we got him that he felt Rasho was one of the most underrated centers in the league," O'Brien said. "He just knows how to play basketball."

When you get right down to it, that's the most important attribute a player can hope to have.

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700026793

Kamnik
11-20-2008, 06:15 AM
That last bolded part says it all.

Great article!

I just wish he could play good play games this year... (if they get there)

angel_luv
11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
bravooooooo

how are you girls?

Long time, no see! Kako si kaj? ( <---- Is that correct? Has been so long since I have chatted with you guys to practice. :oops)

angel_luv
11-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Wonderful article Ploto. Thanks for it and all of them that you post. :)

angel_luv
11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Last night against the Hornets, Beno had 14 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal and no fouls.
Was +13.

:clap

angel_luv
11-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I wish I had League Pass for Friday- Indiana plays Orlando. Sho & Hedo

Slomo
11-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Angelca you forgot 5 TO.

Beno's stats have been rather nice lately with the exception of the TO to AST ratio. If he can fix that in a reliable manner I'll go hunt for some crow :D

angel_luv
11-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Angelca you forgot 5 TO.

Beno's stats have been rather nice lately with the exception of the TO to AST ratio. If he can fix that in a reliable manner I'll go hunt for some crow :D

When Beno fixes the TO to AST... you mean. :)

As for my forgetting to mention the TO's... score one for selective memory. :D

Slomo
11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
When Beno fixes the TO to AST... you mean. :)

As for my forgetting to mention the TO's... score one for selective memory. :D

I know :D

And as I said he is almost proving me wrong. The AST to TO is quite important for a PG, otherwise I would already be on the lookout for crows in the Slovenian skies :lol

10-tka
11-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Long time, no see! Kako si kaj? ( <---- Is that correct? Has been so long since I have chatted with you guys to practice. :oops)

you're awsome, your slovenian rules

Kamnik
11-21-2008, 08:22 AM
I'll go hunt for some crow :D

I think most of us will have to do that if he continues with such play and doesn't get injured soon. :toast

As for Sacramento... they have some nice talent and could be really competitve next year.

One question for you experts out there.... Kevin Martin, how is his game (defense) outside of scoring? I never watched Kings play too much with him on the floor yet.

Is he a defensive liability because he is so skinny? (yeah yeah, i know a player named T-Prince)

angel_luv
11-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Sho in tonight's game against Hedo and Orlando ( which Hedo and Orlando won in overtime):

6 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists :wow, a steal and a blocked shot. :clap

angel_luv
11-22-2008, 01:17 AM
I watched the online scoreboard updates at the AT&T Center for the Orlando/ Indiana game and watched the game highlights online when I came home.

It was great to see that Sho was in the game at crucial times- the last part of the fourth and also the last portion of the overtime period.
It speaks well of Sho's coaches confidence in Sho. :)

Kobayagi
11-22-2008, 06:46 AM
It was great to see that Sho was in the game at crucial times- the last part of the fourth and also the last portion of the overtime period.

Seeing him getting blocked on the last possesion was slightly less great to see.

Rasho had a terrible shooting night, they shouldn't put the ball in his hands in the dying seconds of the game. He was one of the reasons they lost this one, unfortunately :(

ploto
11-22-2008, 08:28 AM
On a night that Rasho had a career high 8 assists combined with 0 turnovers, he also unfortunately had the worst shooting night in years. He shot great the first quarter, but after foul trouble left him on the bench the rest of the first half, he never got going shooting-wise in the second half. He was dead- between battling Howard, running like maniacs up and down the court, and his ankle bothering him... He was so frustrated that he could not get anything to go in, but to his credit he worked at getting other guys going. I did not like that last play of regulation. They did a good job of making it tough on Howard, but he is so athletic that he recovered and blocked the shot. I also will point out that Rasho did an excellent job on Howard. Howard only had about 10 points when Rasho was in the game, and the rest was the second quarter when Rasho was on the bench in foul trouble (Poor Hibbert). Jeff was doing a nice job on Howard, as well. I wish JOB had given Rasho a short breather in OT and let Jeff handle Howard for a minute. All they were going to do in OT was hack him if he got the ball anywhere close.

With the most assists by any Pacers' player this season, other than
T.J. Ford, Rasho Nesterovic led the Pacers with a career-high eight tonight. Nesterovic has led the Pacers in assists (including ties) in each of the last two games.

Since returning from a sprained ankle that kept him on the sidelines for four games, Nesterovic has handed out 20 assists, grabbed four steals and committed just four turnovers in the last five games.
Now, the only one who shot worse than Rasho tonight- Hedo. He was 1-13 and had 3 points.

PS I can not believe the Nets beat the Raptors in TOR- and a Vince Carter 3 sent the game to OT. Trying to watch both at once!

Spur-Addict
11-22-2008, 04:17 PM
On a night that Rasho had a career high 8 assists combined with 0 turnovers

Silly willy nilly, you can't combine something with nothing.

ploto
11-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Pacers lose another close one. Rasho had a very nice fourth quarter tonight- I have no idea how he found the energy. After last night's OT game, he played 22 minutes in the second half tonight. I LOVE getting to see Rasho play, but I am a little concerned about him playing too many minutes.

He was 5-10; 3-4 FT's for 13 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 blocks- but an uncharacteristic 4 TO's.

Next up Games in Dallas and Houston on Tuesday and Wednesday. :)

angel_luv
11-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Now, the only one who shot worse than Rasho tonight- Hedo. He was 1-13 and had 3 points.

Tattle tale. :)

10-tka
12-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Rasho won't play for NT anymore.
New guys in charge in B Association really wanted to talk to Rasho to think about rejoining NT for the Poland 2009 EC project.

He said that "he is to old for this shit" :)

translated from google: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=sl&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsiol.net%2Fsportal%2Fkosarka%2F2008 %2F12%2Fnesteroviceva_odlocitev_je_dokoncna.aspx&sl=sl&tl=en

Texas_Ranger
12-10-2008, 08:29 AM
No Rasho?!...That will suck!

Kamnik
12-10-2008, 09:48 AM
a sad day...

i hope they could somehow convince him, but he seems firm in his decision

angel_luv
12-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Sho's going to be a no show? :depressed

ploto
12-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Rasho made the commitment for four years (2005-2008) that he would continue through the four year process as long as they kept qualifying- for Worlds, for Olympic Qualifying Tournament and for Olympics- if they made it. He has said for some time that if they could not get all the way to the Olympics, it was time to step aside and let the next generation of players have their try at it. It is a shame they were so short-handed at the end there trying to get to the Olympics because a full team would have made it.

ata
12-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Slovenian media are spreading news, that Dragić will be moved to NBDA. Not unexpected, has he played in December at all?
To bad he hasn't stayed in Europe. Euroleague is still better than NBDA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Slovenian media are spreading news, that Dragić will be moved to NBDA. Not unexpected, has he played in December at all?
To bad he hasn't stayed in Europe. Euroleague is still better than NBDA.

I am not sure. Because in TAU he would have not got much play time either probably.

ata
12-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Well, Shakur has been fired, so Dragič would get his share of playing time.

Allanon
12-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Slovenia's favorite Son is making his home country look pretty good.

Sasha "The Machine" Vujacic looks to be taking over the backup point guard slot. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the starting point guard with Derek Fisher as the backup to save some miles on him.

Simply put, The Machine's been playing the best defense of any of the Laker point guards so far. He's playing well right now with great plays in the Celtics game and a breakout game versus the Warriors.

Kamnik
01-03-2009, 10:38 AM
fucking beno

http://www.nba.com/games/20090102/SACDET/boxscore.html

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Well, Shakur has been fired, so Dragič would get his share of playing time.

Yes Mustafa Shakur was released but in place of him they sign Vlatko Ilievsky. So with Prigioni and Ilievsky and also Dragic all together would not be much play time.

Kamnik
01-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Slovenia's favorite Son

as popular as herpes :toast

anyways... nice for the lakers that he has the fire on defensive end

he may act as a douche sometimes but noone cant deny that he is trying hard (unlike Beno)