PDA

View Full Version : How badly did I screw these up?

Findog
09-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Case #1: Three weeks ago I meet up at a happy hour with two female friends (both taken and unavailable). A friend of theirs is with them, and we really hit it off over the course of the evening. I'm such a lightweight that after 5 beers, I'm buzzing pretty heavily. Things are going well enough that in my alcoholic-induced haze, I actually whisper in her ear "Hey, let's get the hell out of here!"

Yeah, she definitely did not want to sign on to the idea of going somewhere alone with some guy she just met. I didn't really press the issue, but she did give me her number and asked me to call her. When I woke up the next day sober, I was really embarrassed about it, since I could understand her reluctance. I didn't proposition her in a crude way, but it was clear what I wanted at the time. I was too ashamed of the way I acted to contact her. So I let two weeks go by, finally sent her a message of facebook and things seem to be progressing slowly but nicely. This one might be salvaged.

Case #2: There's this other girl Laura that I slept with a few times back in the spring. Long story short, I don't want a relationship with her, and I've had to kind of hold her at arm's length at times. When it came to having sex, she drove that train more than I did. Anyways, anytime we ever try to get together, it seems one of us cancels on the other. So last night I promised I would meet her for happy hour, but I made it clear I was going to watch the debate with a buddy of mine and we could go out after that. So my buddy Dave and I go back to his apartment while she continues happy hour and promises to catch up with me later.

After the debate, we head over to the neighborhood hipster bar and Dave's friend Holly shows up. Holly works in the same building as I do. I don't normally go for lots of tats and piercings, but Holly is FUCKING HOT! We hit it off. We both discover that we were born on the same day (2/3/78), and her being into astrology, she seems to think that this has great significance. (I think it's a crock of shit, but whatever). Holly announces that some guy had stood her up that night and that her vagina is basically open for business. We're hitting it off to the point that I am dreading Laura showing up. Laura finally shows up and I can't hide my interest in Holly. It should be noted that going into the evening I felt I had a 1 in 3 shot at sleeping with Laura. I work in Dallas and ride the train in from FTW, and Laura had told me earlier she had no qualms with driving me back to FTW to get my car. (Can't leave it overnight or it'll get towed.)

Holly gets pretty buzzed/slightly drunk, announces she's leaving to go to another hipster bar to meet up with a friend in town from Austin and she may be back. She gives me a kiss on the cheek and asks for my phone #. Very, very affectionate. As she leaves, she says to me "We are going to be such good friends." So she leaves, and Dave is making faces at me, and I tell him about the "good friends" remark, and ask him if I have a shot with her. He says "I think you have a shot with her TONIGHT."

So I debated this, but I sent her the following text at 1:35 after she left at 1:20:

"I like you, and not in a platonic way. If the feeling isn't mutual, that's cool, I don't have an ego to bruise, just friends is cool. Just putting it out there..."

Yeah, so Laura left and said she was going home because she was "tired." Holly never replied to my text.

Dave said I made one big mistake: At one point he eavesdropped in our our conversation and noticed I was talking about my alcoholic dad. Holly was bringing up her messed-up family life and I was just trying to relate. Dave feels it was a mistake to get into "heavy" stuff so soon, that usually lands you in the friend zone. Also, my friend Daniel believes the text message I sent is typical sensitive wussy boy, in that last night she was simply looking for Mr. Right Now and I basically presented myself as Mr. Right.

Now I gotta hope I don't run into her at work. She works on the 29th floor, I'm on the 32nd. I normally don't have reason to be on the 29th floor in her department.

MannyIsGod
09-28-2008, 02:42 AM
Dude your text was gay. I don't see a problem with the conversation stuff, but the text message just says "I have no balls". Close the deals dude, close the deals. I'm not saying you have to go out and sleep with someone the first night, but close the deal!

I'd call her to try to hang out or something.

timvp
09-28-2008, 02:44 AM
That was the gayest text message I've ever read.

timvp
09-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Dude your text was gay.:lol Beat me.

Findog
09-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Dude your text was gay. I don't see a problem with the conversation stuff, but the text message just says "I have no balls". Close the deals dude, close the deals. I'm not saying you have to go out and sleep with someone the first night, but close the deal!

I think the text message was extremely stupid and feeble, as you said. I'd like to blame it on the fact that I was a little bit buzzed, but it was a momentary lapse of judgment. In her shoes, I'd think I was a wussy boy.

I guess all I'm asking is has the ship sailed or can I still salvage it? I'm leaning towards the former.

CuckingFunt
Yeah, the text message is the only iffy part. It can be salvaged with a bit of aggressiveness, though.

Not caveman aggression, but a solid invite would be good.

Findog

Sadly, you're probably right. I was trying to convince myself it wasn't that bad.

Lesson learned.

Findog
09-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Guess you could say I choked just like the Mavericks do.

baseline bum
09-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Guess you could say I choked just like the Mavericks do.

At least it was only a first round series.

Findog
09-28-2008, 02:54 AM
At least it was only a first round series.

Yeah. I haven't gotten laid in like 3 months. I think I'm trying too hard and being impatient. Leads to stupid shit like the end of last night.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
09-28-2008, 03:02 AM
Thats why girls like black guys

because they close the fucking deal and dont send gay text messages

you'd never catch a brotha sayin that lame shit

Findog
09-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Thats why girls like black guys

because they close the fucking deal and dont send gay text messages

you'd never catch a brotha sayin that lame shit

I deserve the ridicule on this one. :bang

Flight3107
09-28-2008, 03:25 AM
5 beers and you get a heavy buzz?

Findog
09-28-2008, 03:27 AM
5 beers and you get a heavy buzz?

I almost never drink. I did better when I was younger. Marijuana is my recreational activity of choice.

timvp
09-28-2008, 03:27 AM
I guess all I'm asking is has the ship sailed or can I still salvage it?

It can be salvaged with a bit of aggressiveness

ShoogarBear
09-28-2008, 03:31 AM
:lmao I had the exact same reaction to the text message.

And I guess I'm old, but lots of tats and piercings = ugh.

Findog
09-28-2008, 03:32 AM
:lmao I had the exact same reaction to the text message.

I guess on the cringe factor, it's Palin-esque

Trust me on this one. I usually don't go for it, but she makes it work.

Findog
09-28-2008, 03:34 AM
All you can do is have a sense of humor and be willing to laugh at yourself and not take yourself so seriously over it.

Slomo
09-28-2008, 03:36 AM

Yeah. I haven't gotten laid in like 3 months...

duncan228
09-28-2008, 03:40 AM
I like the aggressive advice.

MannyIsGod
09-28-2008, 05:13 AM
I'm not a big piercing fan but tats can be awesome if the person pulls them off right. It can go either way.

anakha
09-28-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm not a big piercing fan but tats can be awesome if the person pulls them off right. It can go either way.

What about that girl in JMarkJohns's sig?

Twisted_Dawg
09-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Read this book:

Getting Laid 101 for Dummies.

You made SO many mistakes with all these women.....I don't even know where to start.

byrontx
09-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Write it off as practice. It's tough breaking through after a dry spell; girls can smell that you aren't getting laid. Remember, you don't score points by getting a phone number. The number should come after you have already suggested doing something together. Suggest an activity that gets you alone with each other away from the distraction of friends.

Being a sincere, nice guy is not going to get you anywhere. don't be so PC. If you like a girl, let her know it. Don't be all wishy-washy, you'll seem creepy. ,

Findog
09-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Read this book:

Getting Laid 101 for Dummies.

You made SO many mistakes with all these women.....I don't even know where to start.

Yeah, at this point, I'm not really interested in how to salvage it, more on strategies for how to avoid her at work. I didn't think the text message was *that* bad, but the consensus is overwhelming in this thread, it was embarrassingly bad. I'll chalk it up as a learning experience. I guess the bright side/silver lining is that I was doing well enough to be in a position to choke it away like the Mavericks do.

Anti.Hero
09-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Obama is already starting to hurt your love life.

Findog
09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Obama is already starting to hurt your love life.

haha, probably true :lol

dirk4mvp
09-28-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna move to FTW and we can do some tag team pimpin :toast

Findog
09-28-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna move to FTW and we can do some tag team pimpin :toast

with as much skills as i've demonstrated lately, you're better off staying put :lol

PM5K
09-28-2008, 12:44 PM

Thirded....

PM5K
09-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Let me also say that the text message was NOT a drunk text, I bet if you were really drunk, and had sent her a drunk text, you probably would have gotten laid....

Findog
09-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Let me also say that the text message was NOT a drunk text, I bet if you were really drunk, and had sent her a drunk text, you probably would have gotten laid....

Yep. Five years ago I would've done something like this and wondered why I never heard from her again. It took me the better part of 10 minutes after I sent that text on Friday to realize how badly I'd fucked up. Now I know better, so I'm kicking myself for it.

:bang

jack sommerset
09-28-2008, 01:09 PM
:lmao text message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baseline bum
09-28-2008, 01:24 PM
You should have sent her the 'fuck you bitch. I don't need your stank ass anyways, I'm going to the whorehouse with James Donaldson tonight' drunken text an hour after not hearing from her.

Findog
09-28-2008, 01:31 PM
You should have sent her the 'fuck you bitch. I don't need your stank ass anyways, I'm going to the whorehouse with James Donaldson tonight' drunken text an hour after not hearing from her.

I think going to the whorehouse with James Donaldson is always a good idea if things fall through on the not paying for it front. :toast

Findog
09-28-2008, 01:41 PM
In any event, thanks guys for telling me what I need to hear, instead of soft-pedaling with "that's not so bad." It's always better to be in touch with reality and face the music.

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Case #1: Three weeks ago I meet up at a happy hour with two female friends (both taken and unavailable). A friend of theirs is with them, and we really hit it off over the course of the evening. I'm such a lightweight that after 5 beers, I'm buzzing pretty heavily. Things are going well enough that in my alcoholic-induced haze, I actually whisper in her ear "Hey, let's get the hell out of here!"

Yeah, she definitely did not want to sign on to the idea of going somewhere alone with some guy she just met. I didn't really press the issue, but she did give me her number and asked me to call her. When I woke up the next day sober, I was really embarrassed about it, since I could understand her reluctance. I didn't proposition her in a crude way, but it was clear what I wanted at the time. I was too ashamed of the way I acted to contact her. So I let two weeks go by, finally sent her a message of facebook and things seem to be progressing slowly but nicely. This one might be salvaged.

Case #2: There's this other girl Laura that I slept with a few times back in the spring. Long story short, I don't want a relationship with her, and I've had to kind of hold her at arm's length at times. When it came to having sex, she drove that train more than I did. Anyways, anytime we ever try to get together, it seems one of us cancels on the other. So last night I promised I would meet her for happy hour, but I made it clear I was going to watch the debate with a buddy of mine and we could go out after that. So my buddy Dave and I go back to his apartment while she continues happy hour and promises to catch up with me later.

After the debate, we head over to the neighborhood hipster bar and Dave's friend Holly shows up. Holly works in the same building as I do. I don't normally go for lots of tats and piercings, but Holly is FUCKING HOT! We hit it off. We both discover that we were born on the same day (2/3/78), and her being into astrology, she seems to think that this has great significance. (I think it's a crock of shit, but whatever). Holly announces that some guy had stood her up that night and that her vagina is basically open for business. We're hitting it off to the point that I am dreading Laura showing up. Laura finally shows up and I can't hide my interest in Holly. It should be noted that going into the evening I felt I had a 1 in 3 shot at sleeping with Laura. I work in Dallas and ride the train in from FTW, and Laura had told me earlier she had no qualms with driving me back to FTW to get my car. (Can't leave it overnight or it'll get towed.)

Holly gets pretty buzzed/slightly drunk, announces she's leaving to go to another hipster bar to meet up with a friend in town from Austin and she may be back. She gives me a kiss on the cheek and asks for my phone #. Very, very affectionate. As she leaves, she says to me "We are going to be such good friends." So she leaves, and Dave is making faces at me, and I tell him about the "good friends" remark, and ask him if I have a shot with her. He says "I think you have a shot with her TONIGHT."

So I debated this, but I sent her the following text at 1:35 after she left at 1:20:

"I like you, and not in a platonic way. If the feeling isn't mutual, that's cool, I don't have an ego to bruise, just friends is cool. Just putting it out there..."

Yeah, so Laura left and said she was going home because she was "tired." Holly never replied to my text.

Dave said I made one big mistake: At one point he eavesdropped in our our conversation and noticed I was talking about my alcoholic dad. Holly was bringing up her messed-up family life and I was just trying to relate. Dave feels it was a mistake to get into "heavy" stuff so soon, that usually lands you in the friend zone. Also, my friend Daniel believes the text message I sent is typical sensitive wussy boy, in that last night she was simply looking for Mr. Right Now and I basically presented myself as Mr. Right.

Now I gotta hope I don't run into her at work. She works on the 29th floor, I'm on the 32nd. I normally don't have reason to be on the 29th floor in her department.

That's not so bad

Greg Oden
09-28-2008, 01:47 PM
That's not so bad

well, he could always be in your shoes :depressed

CuckingFunt
09-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah, at this point, I'm not really interested in how to salvage it, more on strategies for how to avoid her at work. I didn't think the text message was *that* bad, but the consensus is overwhelming in this thread, it was embarrassingly bad. I'll chalk it up as a learning experience. I guess the bright side/silver lining is that I was doing well enough to be in a position to choke it away like the Mavericks do.

The consensus from the men is overwhelming. The two women who have posted in this thread (myself and duncan228) seem to agree that you really didn't fuck up that bad.

Trust me, "I like you, and not in a platonic way" wouldn't even register as a blip on the radar of fucked up/drunken text messages I've received. A solid, confident date invite should easily make up for that message.

dickface
09-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Just whip the cock out next time.

dickface
09-28-2008, 02:34 PM
The one thing to always keep in mind is that all women are whores, especially when drinking. If they're into you and you play it right, they'll be the ones inviting you to sex them up.

You gotta lead the horses to the water instead of shoving a bucket into their faces.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Just whip the cock out next time.

Unsolicited cock outage is a surprisingly ineffective technique.

IronMexican
09-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Should have used the popcorn trick.

Findog
09-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Unsolicited cock outage is a surprisingly ineffective technique.

I have to concur. At one point in the evening, Holly said "I LOOOOOOVE the cock!" but I felt exposing myself wouldn't go over well.

Anti.Hero
09-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Should have used the popcorn trick.

ahh yes.
GgkyPy-RGbc

34.5% failure rate to. this. day.

duncan228
09-28-2008, 04:15 PM
The consensus from the men is overwhelming. The two women who have posted in this thread (myself and duncan228) seem to agree that you really didn't fuck up that bad.

And considering it's women he's trying to get/understand/deal with maybe more women could chime in on this. Gotta help Findog out. :)

ploto
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
This thread is scary on so many levels.

marini martini
09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
This thread is scary on so many levels.

No shit!!!:toast

I 'm not touching it with a ten foot pole!!!:lmao

Bandit2981
09-28-2008, 07:24 PM
If you aren't thinking of marrying this chick, just chalk it up as a learning experience and move on

Melmart1
09-28-2008, 07:44 PM
And considering it's women he's trying to get/understand/deal with maybe more women could chime in on this. Gotta help Findog out. :)

Yeah, I don't see how people think this is so bad. It's not ideal or great but it's not as bad as the men make it seem. I bet you anything that next time she is drunk and horny she texts you and you meet up. Just don't blow the second chance!

tlongII
09-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Stalk her. :tu

mavs>spurs2
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
fuck hoes, don't even sweat it findog. there are a thousand more waiting with their legs spread wide open..the only time i'd ever think twice about a woman is if we really had something and she was different from all the other whores, wifey material. anything less then who honestly cares?

baseline bum
09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
I still think you should have given James Donaldson a call.

ShoogarBear
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM

That's because the wimmen are thinking "oh, this would be a good guy for the Just Friends list".

baseline bum
09-28-2008, 10:37 PM
That's because the wimmen are thinking "oh, this would be a good guy for the Just Friends list".

:lol

I don't believe the women here. They say he didn't fuck up because it's the logical thing to say, but women don't think logically wrt relationships (not like we do wrt pussy either though).

ShoogarBear
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM

I don't believe the women here. They say he didn't fuck up because it's the logical thing to say, but women don't think logically wrt relationships (not like we do wrt pussy either though).

:lmao before one of the women jumps on this . . .

women:"relationships" :: men:"pussy"

(According to this cad baseline bum. I can assure you that a gentleman would never allow such thoughts to occur.)

marini martini
09-28-2008, 11:16 PM

WTF does wrt stand for???:toast:toast:toast

wrt=with right timming??? SHIT!:lmao

CuckingFunt
09-28-2008, 11:22 PM

Now, now. It's not like he cried, or anything.

Jekka
09-28-2008, 11:36 PM

Trust me, "I like you, and not in a platonic way" wouldn't even register as a blip on the radar of fucked up/drunken text messages I've received. A solid, confident date invite should easily make up for that message.

+1 - You should hear some of the texts/voicemails that I've seen men somehow recover from. You're allowed an initial screw up if it's not too bad, it makes for good "how we met" stories. She will tell all of her friends about it, after all.

squire
09-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Fin,

Nothing was that bad. The text message would have made me cringe a little bit later on, but it wasn't as bad as some of my all-time moments. The key is you're putting yourself in lucrative positions and sooner or later you're going to cash.

If you see her at work, don't avoid eye contact. If it comes to it, talk to her. You'll look worse if you act afraid/timid. So you sent a weak text message? So what? If she can't get past it, don't let that keep you hiding from the halls at work.

mrsmaalox
09-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Case #1 can work out. She gave you her number right? She probably just didn't take you up on your suggestion to "get out of here" because you'd been drinking, not because she didn't like you. Keep in contact with her.

Case #2 could also work out, depending on if you're both on the same page about things.
The text wasn't that bad, maybe just a bit mild for the occasion. A sexy, suggestive text is soooo hot and can be very effective if the timing is right. She could just be into flirting and hit & runs right now, which is why she didn't respond to your text. I also think that she would not have left that evening if she was that interested. If you run into her at work just be happy to see her and see how she responds. You should be able to pick up some signals---if they are positive, try the more aggressive, suggestive text. If not, forget it and just be friendly if you see her again. Did you used to run into her at work a lot before?

dickface
09-29-2008, 12:36 AM
dLBw28Ojw4c

Creepn
09-29-2008, 12:54 AM
I have to concur. At one point in the evening, Holly said "I LOOOOOOVE the cock!" but I felt exposing myself wouldn't go over well.

:lmao wow such such such an open invitation!

You should've responded, "And I looooooooove the pussy!", then the conversation wouldve naturally went the way you want it to from that point on.

Xylus
09-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Next time just knock her unconscious with your club, drag her back to your cave, and have your way with her. It's only natural. It's how I met my girlfriend and we've been happy ever since.

MannyIsGod
09-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Its not that he can't recover from that text, its just that the text made any male here cringe so much because it was so...so....fucking weak.

florige
09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Its not that he can't recover from that text, its just that the text made any male here cringe so much because it was so...so....fucking weak.

:lmao Alright dude I think he already feels the pain from that text.

Findog
09-29-2008, 10:23 AM
:lmao Alright dude I think he already feels the pain from that text.

Manny is just speaking the truth. I always want the truth, not a pat on the back. I normally don't post stuff about my private life in the club, but I felt I could get good advice. Harsh, yes, but good advice. And I appreciate the advice of the females in this thread. It ultimately boils down to whether or not to double down or just cut my losses and walk away.

Mike Damone
09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
My man, it's time for you to review my Five Point Plan.

First of all Findog, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."

Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it."

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important, Findog. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

jack sommerset
09-29-2008, 11:48 AM
you guys work in the same building? have a buddy wait for her in the parking lot with a mask on. when he attacks her you come to the rescue.you get ur balls back in her eyes.

Findog
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM
you guys work in the same building? have a buddy wait for her in the parking lot with a mask on. when he attacks her you come to the rescue.you get ur balls back in her eyes.

What tv show or movie is that from? Because I've seen that somewhere, only it backfires hilariously.

edit: That seems to be the synopsis of a Curb episode, when Larry "saves" his estranged wife's therapist from a "mugger."

remingtonbo2001
09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
What tv show or movie is that from? Because I've seen that somewhere, only it backfires hilariously.

edit: That seems to be the synopsis of a Curb episode, when Larry "saves" his estranged wife's therapist from a "mugger."

There was a skit done similarly in Mr. Deeds.

Not quite the same senario, but similar.

I. Hustle
09-29-2008, 12:36 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread. You know what chicks like? Agressiveness. A good solid rape should do the trick. If that doesn't work just tie her up and lock her in a room. Trust me they LOVE it!

Findog
09-29-2008, 02:51 PM
We have an update. Received the following text this morning. I thought this was a gracious way of saying "Thanks, but no thanks," but my buddies that know her seem to think this is actually not bad at all:

"Hey! Sorry I'm responding so late. Wow I'm flattered! Let's be pals and see what happens yeah?"

I haven't replied back yet. This time I want to come up something that isn't weak garbage.

jack sommerset
09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Pals? Forget this one. Respond "fuck buddies?" Thats all you want from this tatoo ho. Lay it out there. Then move on.

I. Hustle
09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I say yeah ok lets be pals. How about a nice chicken dinner and some sex?

IronMexican
09-29-2008, 05:04 PM
We have an update. Received the following text this morning. I thought this was a gracious way of saying "Thanks, but no thanks," but my buddies that know her seem to think this is actually not bad at all:

"Hey! Sorry I'm responding so late. Wow I'm flattered! Let's be pals and see what happens yeah?"

I haven't replied back yet. This time I want to come up something that isn't weak garbage.

It sounds like she wants to take is slow. You can still tap it. That's all you want, right?

MannyIsGod
09-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Why don't you just ask her out man? It doesn't have to be that complicated. Stop over analyzing this shit. Thats the female's job.

SpursWoman
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Why don't you just ask her out man? It doesn't have to be that complicated. Stop over analyzing this shit. Thats the female's job.

:tu

dickface
09-29-2008, 06:10 PM

You are dead in the water man. You won't know it until you go out with her and a group of friends and she winds up drunk, making out with some random dude while you watch with failed smile.

Findog
09-29-2008, 06:36 PM

Sorry, things have been happening too fast for me to post another update. She just asked ME out. I guess we can lock the thread now.

Creepn
09-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Yup, best thing for you to do now is to take the possibly of sex out of your mind with this girl. Accept the friendship and be a friend, its always good to have female friends.

Start off the friendship buy inviting her to lunch, not dinner.

TheSanityAnnex
09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry, things have been happening too fast for me to post another update. She just asked ME out. I guess we can lock the thread now.Maybe this time you'll score another affectionate kiss on the cheek. lol

MannyIsGod
09-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh dude she asked you out? Thats normally awesome, but considering the groundwork of pussification you've laid I'm worried for you. The night is likely to end with you taking it up the ass. Enjoy.

MannyIsGod
09-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Nah I'm kidding, GL!

Creepn
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Sorry, things have been happening too fast for me to post another update. She just asked ME out. I guess we can lock the thread now.

Uh oh, pity date.

Findog
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Maybe this time you'll score another affectionate kiss on the cheek. lol

Probably so. This probably isn't so important it merited 5 pages. :lol

dirk4mvp
09-29-2008, 08:03 PM
keep the pimp hand strong brah!

ShoogarBear
09-29-2008, 10:50 PM

ShoogarBear
09-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh dude she asked you out? Thats normally awesome, but considering the groundwork of pussification you've laid I'm worried for you. The night is likely to end with you taking it up the ass. Enjoy.

:lmao

Probably so. This probably isn't so important it merited 5 pages. :lol

Nah, this was the best thread of the week.

tlongII
09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
My advice to you on your date:

Gently grab her hand and place it on your package. This will give you an accurate indication of where things are headed into the evening.

MannyIsGod
11-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Updates?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-10-2008, 03:20 AM

I'm sure I could gay it up better than that... :lol

Seriously though, OP, if it's all about getting laid for you, read some Seduction Community stuff.

If you are actually trying to find a soulmate, be yourself. (See, told you I could gay it up! :lmao )

RandomGuy
11-10-2008, 11:42 AM

I agree.

Being long out of that game, I can offer my wife's observations, mixed in with some of my own: be direct but not crude. Don't be too nice.

It is not an easy balance to strike, but it is better to be a bit forward than to come off wishy washy. Self-confidence is the best way to get a woman's interest. All things in moderation though. There is a line between confidence and narcissism.

You seem decent enough for that not to be a risk, though.

Hold off on texts. Too much human communication is non-verbal. Limit texts to "meet me at such-and-such at 7pm" and other simple things.

RandomGuy
11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
You are dead in the water man. You won't know it until you go out with her and a group of friends and she winds up drunk, making out with some random dude while you watch with failed smile.

Maybe not *this* Random Dude... :nope

RandomGuy
11-10-2008, 11:52 AM

This is "oh my god, I got drunk and did something stupid with this guy".

She is a bit embarassed, would be my guess, and wants to back off a bit.

To paraphrase an old truism:
"A drunk woman's words are a sober woman's thoughts."

She likes you, but is feeling a bit awkward about it.

Try something to defuse along these lines:

"Don't sweat it. It always makes a guy's day when an attractive woman shows an interest."

RandomGuy
11-10-2008, 11:56 AM

No way, jose.

We want all the lurid details now, and will pester you mercilessly about them.

Good luck. :tu