PDA

View Full Version : What are your top 3 memorable spur moments ever?

duncan2k5
02-11-2005, 07:02 PM
3. The Shot- When Timmy made that shot over Shaq last year. I went Ape-poop. i was screamin my head off in my cousin's house with no regard for human life. they didn't mine because they know im a spur fan. i was yelling "THEY AIN'T READY!!!!!" and I had my hands up in unison to everyone in the SBC center. a truly magical moment.

2. Clutch- When Steve Kerr came in off the bench after warming it for an entire season to put the daggers in Dallas and New Jersey. He saved our butts.

1. The Comeback- I can truly say Manu's game against the suns was the best Spur game i've ever watched in my life. the way we were down 17 and all my friends were telling me "its over man." and i kept saying. nah it aint...you'll see. and i believed...next thing you know, Manu went Olympian on the Suns. I wished he scored 50 tho. But that dunk was icing on the effing cake. you should have seen me. I leaped out of my seat and was like "OOOOOOOOOOOOHH!!!!!!!" im sure everyone in the dormrooms heard me. I'll never forget this moment.

Honorable Mention- When Tony hit the buzzer beater at the end of the first quarter in game 2 against the lakers last year and went into the crowd screaming. I feel a little girly to say I had goosebumps when he did this...for real :spin

Come on...Humor me. what are your guys' top 3?

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Friday, January 21, 2005.

exstatic
02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
MDM

1999 championship, game 5

2003 championship, game 6

50 cent
02-11-2005, 07:15 PM
MDM

Bingo. I was there for the MDM and it was simply amazing. #2 would have to be seeing Dave go out a Champion. #3 - 1999

Spurs_rock05
02-11-2005, 07:15 PM
1Friday, January 21, 2005.
2 03 championship
3 kerr's 3 pointers

Chi-Ice44
02-11-2005, 07:17 PM
undefined#3 Steve Kerr in the 4th quarter vs Dallas

#2 Seans called 3 pointer vs Portland

#1 Averys baseline J clinching the first Championship

johnny00
02-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Memorial Day Miracle
Kerrs 3 pointers against Dallas (Western Conference Finals)
.04 Shot by Fischer

2centsworth
02-11-2005, 08:19 PM
3. Kerr going off
2. 4th qtr against nets game 6 to clinch
1. Memorial Day Miracle (remember a fan yelled so loud he collapsed his lung)

mattyc
02-11-2005, 09:05 PM
-Winning the 03 championship for David.
-MDM.
-Hard to decide between Kerr's 3s or AJs shot.

ZStomp
02-11-2005, 09:14 PM
One of my most favorite Spurs moment: the first game that Sean Elliot played after his surgery/comeback against the Hawks. THE DUNK by Elliot for his first points. I was there and it was great.

The MDM. I called in to work that day and it was worth the Reprimand! :lol

Game 6 of 2003 Finals. I was there and doesn't get any better than that.

Rummpd
02-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I go back a long time and with my complete and utter hate for LA my memories are scewed that way.

David Robinson's Quadruple Double (Honorable mention him getting 70+ to steal title away from Shaq one year in scoring race - people forget how dominant DR could be on both sides of ball)

Duncan's domination of Shaq in I believe 5th game of series (honorable mention, Kobe bawling after loss of series and Shaq looking befuddled.)

Bowen outscoring Kobe recently was also kind of special and totally frustrating him

Tonight a special one = my 7 year old asking me to order him a Spurs jersey online from NBA.com done.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-11-2005, 11:01 PM
# 3 - Actually being at an NBA Finals game. The whole experience of getting those tickets to being at the Spurs first game in a NBA Finals matchup.

This is my column when I wrote for the OLD SpursCentral.com.

http://olympia.fortunecity.com/ronaldo/81/joe/joe.htm

# 2 - Memorial Day Miracle. Working @ Fiesta Texas at the recording studio. Had the radio going and since people kept coming in to ask what the score was, I finally piped 'OAI into our outside speakers. There was nearly 100 people standing outside our store blocking the walkway to listen to the game and we all went wild when the shot went down. I still remember jumping up and around and high-fiving all the other fans there.

# 1 - Game 5, 1999 NBA Finals. I was scheduled to work that day (@ my job with the YMCA) in Helotes. Well, I was a site director, so I had to watch all the teams come into the gym to practice and hand out basketballs and the like. Well, the person that was supposed to cover me so I could go watch the game bailed. My best friend, who was also my boss, came to stay with me at the gym until the last kid went home. We then booked it to his GF's apartment and sat to watch the game. I remember AJ's shot vividly and how good it felt to see my favorite Spur of all-time make the game-winning shot. We jumped around as soon as Spree's shot missed.

Even though we both had to work early the next morning, he went with me to the Foley's at Ingram Park Mall to get our championship t-shirts. I remember walking out of there (I was like #20 in line) and looking at the line that had formed by then. It stretched along the side of Foley's all the way past the Dillard's building. So I held the shirt up and ran the line showing it to everybody and hearing everybody scream and yell. Just perfect.

TIE - I don't remember the exact date of the game, but I know it was against the Nuggets in either 1989 or 1990. A neighbor couldn't make it to the game that night, so she gave the tickets to my mom and I. We couldn't afford something like Spurs tickets at the time. We had just moved to San Antonio after my parents divorced, but since it was just us, we were (and still are to this day) as close as can be. My mom took an interest in watching sports with me and following teams just so we couls spend some time together.

Well, that night was my first live Spurs game. We were in the upper-deck at Hemisfair and had the time of our lives. I still remember walking back to our car that night just smiling and talking about the game with my mom.

Spurs_rock05
02-12-2005, 01:33 AM
did you have to bring up.04???

and 50 cent you are sick dude!!!!!!!!!!

wildbill2u
02-12-2005, 11:40 AM
MDM

Hard to argue with these three, especially the last two.

But for sheer chills up the spine, I'd have to put Johnny Moore's return to play from his desert fever disability as one shining moment for the franchise that shouldn't be forgotten. It was a courageous performance of sheer willpower from a disabled athelete in a final farewell to his career.

SpursFanInAustin
02-12-2005, 11:47 AM
1. Memorial Day Miracle
2. Eliminating LA in game 6 of 2003
3. Game 6 Nets 2003

johnny00
02-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Forgot to mention my #4,5 & 6
Wolvsies losing Western Conference Finals to L.A.
Wolvsies losing to San Antonio in playoffs (pick one)
Wolvsies 25 and 26 in '05. (the next Western Conference powerhouse)

Useruser666
02-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Wolves exiting the playoffs for many first round knock offs.

That's like 7.8,9,10,11,12,13.....

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2005, 05:41 PM
1. Last 18 minutes of Game 6 of the 2003 Finals. I know that nobody in the building sat for the last 6-8 mintues of that game, but those last 18 minutes were just unbelieveable.

2. The Memorial Day Miracle.

3. While the championship-clinching games have been great, for sheer exuberance, I have to go with the tip-off of Game 1 of the 1999 Finals. After more than 20 years of utter frustration, to be in the building for the first Finals game was a moment I'll never forget. I went about 3 hours early to the Alamodome that night, just to take in the atmosphere. I'll be forever glad that I did.

mrblonde17
02-12-2005, 06:11 PM
1. Memorial Day Miracle. I think I sat next to the only two Blazer fans in the entire Alamodome. Christ they were cocky. I've been going to Spur games since their first season in SA and I've never witnessed a Spur crowd react the way it did after Sean nailed that fall-away three. I walked out knowing two things that afternoon. 1. We were definitely going to win the championship that year. 2. How riots start after ball games.

2. Avery's jumper to seal our first NBA title. I was in Las Vegas at the sports book at Caesar's watching this game. Arnold Schwarzenegger (sp?) was standing about three feet away from me when it was all over. From the looks of AHHNOLD, he must have had money on the Spurs because he looked pretty happy.

3. Bullet's come back from a 3-1 series defecit. I was at this game as well. It's not a found memory, but a strong one. Had we not blown the 3-1 lead, I don't think there was anyway we wouldn't have won our first championship in '79. I really enjoyed watching this Bullet team. Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld were amazing.

wildbill2u
02-12-2005, 06:47 PM
3. Bullet's come back from a 3-1 series defecit. I was at this game as well. It's not a found memory, but a strong one. Had we not blown the 3-1 lead, I don't think there was anyway we wouldn't have won our first championship in '79. I really enjoyed watching this Bullet team. Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld were amazing.[/QUOTE]

This almost made my list--but not by the Bullet play, but by the way we were jobbed in the final seconds by the Refs. It was widely assumed that the refs took it away from us because we were newcomers to the NBA from the upstart ABA. Our coach got a huge fine for his comments after the game--and fans took up a collection in pennies to pay for it.

Mark in Austin
02-13-2005, 12:23 AM
3. Watching the Spurs win the rights to Tim Duncan at the draft lottery
2. The comeback in Houston in '99 that sparked the Spurs on to the Title run - thank you again, Mario.
1. Driving in to SA and watching Sean Elliott play in his first game back after the transplant.

Duff McCartney
02-13-2005, 01:59 AM
MDM. The defining shot of the Spurs first title run.

angel_luv
02-15-2005, 11:47 AM
3) Winning tickets to see my first play off game ever.

2) Running into the entire team when they were on the road in Houston.

1) Meeting Gino for the first time at Ihop.