PDA

View Full Version : Explain something to me...

Thunder Dan
09-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Ohio State travels 2000 miles and gets crushed by the #1 team at the time without their best player and goes from 3 to 14

Georgia gets stomped by the #9 team at home- which could easily be their 2nd loss of the season- and goes from 3 to 8

Am I missing something?

IronMexican
09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
They love the SEC

Thunder Dan
09-28-2008, 02:07 PM
They love the SEC

lol Georgia was down 31-0 at half

IronMexican
09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
That's why I said it, they love the SEC. Florida is probably gonna be higher than USC after losing at home too.

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Ohio State travels 2000 miles and gets crushed by the #1 team at the time without their best player and goes from 3 to 14

Georgia gets stomped by the #9 team at home- which could easily be their 2nd loss of the season- and goes from 3 to 8

Am I missing something?

People are tired of Ohio state getting raped in the big game so they just need a reason to bury them

JamStone
09-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Four other top 10 teams lost otherwise Georgia would have slipped to somewhere around #12.

JamStone
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Georgia dropped to #11 in the AP Poll and #10 in the USA Today Poll.

What is the #8 ranking you're referring to?

Stump
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Georgia went from 3 to 11 and Ohio State went from 5 to 13 after losses. So, both went down 8 slots. Plus, Georgia lucked out because more teams behind them in the polls lost or had poor performances this weekend, allowing them to not slip as far.

And they actually came out and made it a ball game in the second half, unlike OSU which just curled up into the fetal position.

Nice try, though.

RonMexico
09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
There doesn't have to be much logic to the polls, but there are a few truths: the voters love the SEC, they love USC, they love Pete Carroll and they needed a big reason to drop OSU and 35-3 was a good reason for them to do it.

DMX7
09-28-2008, 05:07 PM
The result of other games always has an impact as well.

mookie2001
09-28-2008, 06:15 PM
usc is getting the shaft at #9
they should be top 3
oregon state just proved how dominant the pac10 is

Thunder Dan
09-28-2008, 06:28 PM
People are tired of Ohio state getting raped in the big game so they just need a reason to bury them

but they don't have a problem with Oklahoma doing the same thing

JamStone
09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
but they don't have a problem with Oklahoma doing the same thing

Why are you still bitching?

You didn't even address the fact that you gave wrong information in your first post.

And, Ohio State has gotten more slack than Oklahoma. OSU has been in the last two NC games. OSU was ASS RAPED in both games. Oklahoma was at least competitive against Boise State two years ago.

And, Oklahoma should stop getting the benefit of the doubt also.

samikeyp
09-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Because that is the NCAA statute when you have a poison nut as a mascot. :)

MajorMike
09-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Troy goes to Ohio and is down only 14-10 going into the 4th qtr while when Troy travels to Stillwater they are down 35-10 at half.

Maybe everyone sees that Ohio just really isn't that great.

Blake
09-29-2008, 08:35 AM
the other Ohio university should have by all rights beaten Ohio St in the game before the USC game....

and last I checked, USC is no longer number 1 thanks to a loss to Oregamy St.

lebomb
09-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Who gives a shit, its all subjective and a matter of opinion. Its woulda, coulda, shoulda........who the hell knows where anyone should be ranked.

Playoff system please.

Thunder Dan
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Why are you still bitching?

You didn't even address the fact that you gave wrong information in your first post.

And, Ohio State has gotten more slack than Oklahoma. OSU has been in the last two NC games. OSU was ASS RAPED in both games. Oklahoma was at least competitive against Boise State two years ago.

And, Oklahoma should stop getting the benefit of the doubt also.

LMAO, competitive against Boise State... Boise State. Forget that they got blown out by USC and West Virginia. They never play anyone; people knock Ohio St., but Ohio State played USC, Texas,- Oklahoma plays TCU and Cincinnat. It's every year.

Big deal I was off 2 numbers- the fact is still the same, Ohio State lost on the road without their best player. Georgia gets blown out and only makes it a game because Alabama went vanilla on their own field. Ohio State didn't blow out Ohio or Troy, but they didn't come close to losing either. I was at both games and not for a second did I see a way they would lose. Georgia on the other hand should have lost to South Carolina.

Whisky Dog
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I dont see much of a difference. Both lost and both fell out of the top 10.

JamStone
09-29-2008, 11:25 AM
LMAO, competitive against Boise State... Boise State. Forget that they got blown out by USC and West Virginia. They never play anyone; people knock Ohio St., but Ohio State played USC, Texas,- Oklahoma plays TCU and Cincinnat. It's every year.

Big deal I was off 2 numbers- the fact is still the same, Ohio State lost on the road without their best player. Georgia gets blown out and only makes it a game because Alabama went vanilla on their own field. Ohio State didn't blow out Ohio or Troy, but they didn't come close to losing either. I was at both games and not for a second did I see a way they would lose. Georgia on the other hand should have lost to South Carolina.

Like I said, Oklahoma shouldn't get any slack either, but you keep crying like a bitch trying to justify why anyone should continue to give Ohio State the benefit of the doubt when clearly they don't deserve it. Oklahoma getting any slack should make zero difference to how Ohio State is treated after getting ripped in the ass like a two dollar hooker in two national championship games and a highly publicized match-up with USC.

Plus, Georgia actually showed life in the second half after getting trounced in the first half. Ohio State ended the game with USC 35-3. You think USC kept put out their 200% effort in that second half? Fuck no. And, Ohio State still couldn't do shit. Ohio and Troy shouldn't for an instance be even within shouting distance in the second half with Ohio State even without Wells. The fact that a slappy homer didn't doubt the Bucknuts would lose means nothing. Those games were close enough to show weakness.

Again, both teams dropped the same number of spots and Georgia didn't drop as far because three other top 10 teams also lost, all three of those to unranked teams. That's why Georgia didn't drop as far as they may have.

Quit the bitching. The nutfucks got a gift invitation to the NC game last year. Ohio State and its fans should be the last to complain about dropping in the polls.

CubanMustGo
09-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Who gives a shit, its all subjective and a matter of opinion. Its woulda, coulda, shoulda........who the hell knows where anyone should be ranked.

Playoff system please.

:tu

cecil collins
10-01-2008, 01:38 AM
Georgia went from 3 to 11 and Ohio State went from 5 to 13 after losses. So, both went down 8 slots. Plus, Georgia lucked out because more teams behind them in the polls lost or had poor performances this weekend, allowing them to not slip as far.

And they actually came out and made it a ball game in the second half, unlike OSU which just curled up into the fetal position.

Nice try, though.

Keeyahhhhh, bitch.

So if I'm an Ohio State fan, I whine about Oklahoma being terrible in bowls also. I don't think too many people outside of Ohio that want to see Ohio state in another championship game, I mean enough is enough. They should start a bowl called the 2000 Flushes Blue BlowU bowl specifically for OU and OSU, and we can see who wilts more under the national spotlight. :married:

BRHornet45
10-01-2008, 06:37 PM
easy ... Ohio State can't hang with the big dogs. USC, LSU, FLORIDA and every other SEC team has proved that (Ohio State = 0-9 vs SEC teams). Until Ohio State can learn how to actually compete with REAL teams ... then they don't deserve to be ranked in the top 10 or 15. ANYONE could look good playing an Ohio State football schedule year in and year out.