PDA

View Full Version : Hochuli makes another questionable call

ducks
09-28-2008, 02:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-hochulicall&prov=ap&type=lgns

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Referee Ed Hochuli was at the center of another questionable call Sunday, flagging Julius Peppers for a roughing-the-passer penalty that wiped out Carolina’s interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter against Atlanta.

After Matt Ryan’s pass was intercepted by Richard Marshall, Hochuli threw a flag and announced Peppers made a helmet-to-helmet hit on Ryan. It erased the touchdown and gave the Falcons a first down on a drive that ended with a punt.

Replays showed Peppers made contact as Ryan released the ball, and appeared to hit him first with his shoulder.

Fans booed loudly when the play was shown on the video boards at Bank of America Stadium.

Two weeks ago, Hochuli’s missed call helped Denver’s comeback 39-38 win over San Diego.

Denver quarterback Jay Cutler dropped back to pass, the ball slipped from his hand and a San Diego player recovered. But Hochuli, who has refereed two Super Bowls, ruled it an incomplete pass. He later admitted it was the wrong call.

Denver retained possession, scored a touchdown and then won with a successful 2-point conversion.

SAtown
09-28-2008, 05:04 PM
The obsession continues...

2centsworth
09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
has to be one of the most ridiculous stories. Calls like that happen all the freakin time.

cool hand
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Tim Donaghy forum.

Slinkyman
09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I can't believe that call cost the panthers the game, oh wait the panthers won? I guess they don't let a bad call cost them the game like san diego aka whales vagina did. pussies.

ducks
10-06-2008, 08:57 PM
bumb

monosylab1k
10-06-2008, 09:11 PM
bumb

bumb? BUMB?

are you trying to say bum? or dumb? or bomb?

WHY THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT MAKE ONE SINGLE COHERENT FUCKING POST, EVEN IF THE POST IS ONLY ONE FUCKING WORD LONG?????????

dirk4mvp
10-06-2008, 11:49 PM
bumb

no fucking way. i could see if the b and p were close to each other.