PDA

View Full Version : Who tells the truth more?

Supergirl
09-28-2008, 05:44 PM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalities/john-mccain/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalities/barack-obama/

As of right now, Obama leads McCain in telling the truth. He's got 1 "pants on fire" lies, which is notable, as McCain has 6. He has told the truth (entirely or mostly) 68 times, while McCain has told the truth 50 times. Meanwhile, Obama has 35 false and barely true statements, while McCain has 51.

As for veep candidates...it's a little more mixed.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalities/sarah-palin/
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalities/sarah-palin/

Biden has 11 truths/mostly truths, while Palin has 5.
However, Biden has 8 false/mostly false, while Palin only has 2.
Biden has 2 "pants on fire" lies while Palin has none.

Of course, the Republicans are shielding Palin from actually having to answer any questions, so I expect these numbers to go up this week in the veep debate.

Anti.Hero
09-28-2008, 05:52 PM
http://www.watchingamerica.com/images/JesusObama.jpg

Supergirl
09-29-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm commenting because I'm disappointed this thread got buried. Here's hoping it's that people didn't see it under all the other discussion threads, and not that people don't care who's more honest.

George Gervin's Afro
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm commenting because I'm disappointed this thread got buried. Here's hoping it's that people didn't see it under all the other discussion threads, and not that people don't care who's more honest.

Haven't you figured it out yet? Not one Mccain supporter will come close to this thread. Of course you will get a responses like you did from anti.hero. No rebuttal just cool pictures that have nothing to do with the thread.

Shastafarian
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM

I saw it. I'm sure many others did too. Unfortunately we've come to a point where people are supporting their candidate no matter how (un)truthful they are. They are interesting statistics. But I doubt people would comment on this other than to say how wrong the stats are.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-29-2008, 11:58 AM
who uses more litigation teams? hmmmmm. yeah.
you're looking for truth, huh

I. Hustle
09-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Nope people don't care.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Nope people don't care.i wouldn't say people don't care, but they know that lies get sneaked in all the time. this is nothing new. this really isn't an issue to be brought up and be boastful about unless your candidate doesn't lie. it's a simple thread and post count boost. nothing (new) to see here.

Hook Dem
09-29-2008, 12:03 PM
i wouldn't say people don't care, but they know that lies get sneaked in all the time. this is nothing new. this really isn't an issue to be brought up and be boastful about unless your candidate doesn't lie. it's a simple thread and post count boost. nothing (new) to see here.

:rollin.....So true!!!!!

Anti.Hero
09-29-2008, 12:17 PM
No, I just don't get caught up in this partisan bullshit allegiance when this entire campaign has been hypocrisy on both sides. I get more entertainment out of googling "obama free pass" and seeing a chop of Obamesus then I do breaking down every sentence by the candidate on the other side.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
No, I just don't get caught up in this partisan bullshit allegiance when this entire campaign has been hypocrisy on both sides. I get more entertainment out of googling "obama free pass" and seeing a chop of Obamesus then I do breaking down every sentence by the candidate on the other side.
too many people dipped in the paint and much koolaid being poured.

Shastafarian
09-29-2008, 12:23 PM
too many people dipped in the paint and much koolaid being poured.

I find it highly ironic that a McCain supporter is saying this.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I find it highly ironic that a McCain supporter is saying this.show me one shred of a post where i support either candidate. just one.

Shastafarian
09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
show me one shred of a post where i support either candidate. just one.

Well I just figured you supported McCain since all of your posts try to make fun of Obama. My mistake.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Well I just figured you supported McCain since all of your posts try to make fun of Obama.
it's really not that hard to do.

Shastafarian
09-29-2008, 12:32 PM
it's really not that hard to do.

Then why do you suck so bad at it?

Goliadnative
09-29-2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/DN-obamaads_28pol.ART.State.Edition1.26f3f59.html

Obama ads match McCain's for errors

12:00 AM CDT on Sunday, September 28, 2008
Jim Rutenberg and Julie Bosman, The New York Times

ROANOKE, Va. – More than two weeks ago, Barack Obama's campaign publicized a spate of news reports about misleading and untruthful statements in ads by John McCain's campaign.

Asked by a voter if he would respond in kind, Mr. Obama said, "I just have a different philosophy, I'm going to respond with the truth," adding, "I'm not going to start making up lies about John McCain."

But as Mr. McCain's misleading advertisements became fodder on various TV shows, Mr. Obama began his own run of advertisements on radio and television that have matched the dubious nature of Mr. McCain's more questionable spots.

A radio ad in some contested states misleadingly reports that Mr. McCain "has stood in the way of" federal funding for stem-cell research; Mr. McCain once opposed such federally supported research but broke with President Bush to consistently support it starting in 2001.

A new TV ad playing in areas with high concentrations of elderly voters and emphasizing Mr. McCain's support for President Bush's failed plan for private Social Security accounts misleadingly implies he supported "cutting benefits in half" – an analysis of Mr. Bush's plan that would have applied only to upper-income Americans retiring in the year 2075.

In all, Mr. Obama has released at least five commercials that have been criticized by independent fact-checking groups as misleading or untruthful against Mr. McCain's positions in recent weeks.

Some Democrats worry that Mr. Obama was putting at risk the "above politics" persona he has tried to cultivate. But other Democrats shrugged off the concerns, saying they were relieved Mr. Obama was responding to assaults from Mr. McCain.

"All's fair in love, war and politics," said Chris Lehane, a Democratic strategist. "Given the fact that the other side has come after him for quite some time, he has every right to fight back, and I think people understand that."

Tommy Vietor, an Obama spokesman, said the campaign stood by its ads. "Our ads discuss serious differences on critical issues like stem cell research, Social Security and energy policy," Mr. Vietor said. "John McCain's ads are about Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, and have been called some of the most frivolous and dishonest ads in campaign history."

Jim Rutenberg

and Julie Bosman,

The New York Times