PDA

View Full Version : Romo's INT...His usual choke job causes loss.

Clandestino
09-28-2008, 06:08 PM
That is all that has to be said. :lol

dougp
09-28-2008, 06:10 PM
You're right, has NOTHING to do with shitty refs.

Clandestino
09-28-2008, 06:12 PM

blaming the refs is for losers

Pistons < Spurs
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM

That's weak.

IronMexican
09-28-2008, 06:20 PM
That's weak.

Lol, that's an understatement. It's a ducks response.

scott
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Refs had nothing to do with it. We lost today because Garrett abandoned the run game and played right into the Redskins plan. Skins dominate the trenches, and that wins football games.

ducks
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
skins killed dallas in all aspects
also no turnovers for skins all year

Obstructed_View
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, what was Romo thinking when he had 12 men on the field after a timeout which gave the Redskins a first down? He did a rotten job of covering Moss and Randle El as well. Hell, he never even handed the ball to Felix Jones. He just threw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, tying Troy Aikman for career 300 yard games. Fuckin choking bitch.

That interception was badly timed, but it was as much a really good play by the defensive back as anything. I have a hard time not giving that kid credit.

leemajors
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
it would have been nice to see if jones could have got any yards on the ground.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2008, 07:21 PM
it would have been nice to see if jones could have got any yards on the ground.

Only two penalties. That's a huge improvement.

dirk4mvp
09-28-2008, 07:32 PM

:lmao

Clandestino
09-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah, what was Romo thinking when he had 12 men on the field after a timeout which gave the Redskins a first down? He did a rotten job of covering Moss and Randle El as well. Hell, he never even handed the ball to Felix Jones. He just threw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, tying Troy Aikman for career 300 yard games. Fuckin choking bitch.

That interception was badly timed, but it was as much a really good play by the defensive back as anything. I have a hard time not giving that kid credit.

I bet this guy never takes responsibility for his actions in real life either.. it was always someone/something else

Spurtacus
09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
I didn't realize it was Romo's fault that the defense couldn't stop a Redskins drive.

Whisky Dog
09-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Somebody needs to learn what choke means. This may be the dumbest thread in the history of this site. The sheer idiocy and stupidity of these words in this thread is mind boggling.

K-State Spur
09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Refs had nothing to do with it. We lost today because Garrett abandoned the run game and played right into the Redskins plan. Skins dominate the trenches, and that wins football games.

I'm shocked he didn't keep pounding the ball. Run defense had been a weakness for this team during the first 3 weeks. While Evans starting in place of Taylor does give them a better run-stopper, you'd think Garrett would have made the Redskins prove more than 10 times or so that they've improved as a team in that area.

Besides, with Barber, he's the kind of back you run for quantity early on to open up the quality for him and Jones later in the game.

sprrs
09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I bet this guy never takes responsibility for his actions in real life either.. it was always someone/something else

I'm sure he is blaming himself...that doesn't mean the loss is squarely on his shoulders. Quit the blind hate.

samikeyp
09-28-2008, 08:56 PM

QFT

Blaming the refs is for pussies, middle school girls and Mavs fans.

dirk4mvp
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
QFT

Blaming the refs is for pussies, middle school girls and spur fans after getting owned on their homecourt in game 7 and cowboy fans

good point, I agree :toast

what's funny is cowboy fans were crying after they beat Philly also.

samikeyp
09-28-2008, 09:13 PM
good point, I agree :toast

what's funny is cowboy fans were crying after they beat Philly also.

Hahaha...nice change!

I think we do agree though, blaming the refs is stupid.

dirk4mvp
09-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Hahaha...nice change!

I think we do agree though, blaming the refs is stupid.

yep. we can leave dumb stuff like that to ducks :lol

IronMexican
09-28-2008, 09:23 PM
yep. we can leave dumb stuff like that to ducks :lol

:rollin

K-State Spur
09-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Interesting note that I just read -

Since becoming the starter, Romo has lost to the Redskins 3 times (1-3)...and only 3 more times against the rest of the league.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I didn't realize it was Romo's fault that the defense couldn't stop a Redskins drive.

He left 50 whole seconds on the clock for the Giants to leisurely go down the field and score a touchdown. Didn't you know that everything's his fault?

Obstructed_View
09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Interesting note that I just read -

Since becoming the starter, Romo has lost to the Redskins 3 times (1-3)...and only 3 more times against the rest of the league.

Shit like that is what makes the Cowboys/Skins rivalry so great.

J.T.
09-28-2008, 10:51 PM

I knew he was going to throw a pick because Joe Buck was all like "Fred Smoot and Sean Springs are out on this play so you know Jason Garrett is going to tell Romo to take advantage of that"

K-State Spur
09-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Shit like that is what makes the Cowboys/Skins rivalry so great.

Agreed. While the Gibbs II era will be remembered as a bit of a disappointment in DC, one thing that he did accomplish was winning 4 of his last 6 games the Cowboys.

For a long bit there, the Redskins weren't holding up their end of the bargain in the rivalry. I still would have called it the best rivalry in the NFL - but that statement would have rung hollow with many observers from the outside with the results being a bit one-sided. Washington taking 5 out the last 7 goes a long way towards restoring the competitiveness in the match-up.

Jimcs50
09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Washington has Romo's number.....simple as that.

jack sommerset
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
its one loss. romo is why the cowboys are where they are at, all the all-pros,early round draft picks,big fa signings on the defense needs to actually stop some one

MajorMike
09-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Washington has Romo's number.....simple as that.

Do they have it in pink like Jessica does?

http://info.detnews.com/pix/blogs/newsmakers/jessica_simpson_tony_romo_main.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki
09-29-2008, 12:45 PM
That is all that has to be said. :lol

His bobbled snap led to the loss but it wasnt the sole reason. Their D sucked dick and couldnt get stops.

The D lost the game for the Cowboys yesterday as well. Offense wins games and sells seats, defense (which the cowboys dont have) wins the championships.

Clandestino
09-29-2008, 06:27 PM
THE NEWS
The Star Telegram reports that Wade Phillips admitted the Cowboys did not run the ball often enough in Sunday's loss to the Redskins. Wade said part of the reason for so few carries was that Tony Romo audibled to too many pass plays. It created a glaring imbalance of 47 passes to 11 runs. Marion Barber had only eight carries for 26 yards.

K-State Spur
09-29-2008, 07:13 PM
I will say that - while the Cowboys clearly need to run the ball more to be successful - Barber has never had a big game against Washington. And that's now 3 in a row where he has been especially non-effective. In those 3 games, he has combined for 53 yards on 29 carries. The Redskin defense's strategy is clearly to take away Barber and force Romo/TO/Whitten to beat them through the air. Last year in Dallas, those guys did. In the last 2 games, they haven't.

That doesn't change that you can't allow yourself to be one dimensional against any quality defense in this league. Just food for thought.

Bigzax
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
THE NEWS
The Star Telegram reports that Wade Phillips admitted the Cowboys did not run the ball often enough in Sunday's loss to the Redskins. Wade said part of the reason for so few carries was that Tony Romo audibled to too many pass plays. It created a glaring imbalance of 47 passes to 11 runs. Marion Barber had only eight carries for 26 yards.

i read that on the skins board too...that romo has the option, based upon what he sees, to run or pass...

so skins would have landry come up into the box, romo would audible out of the run, and landry would drop back into coverage...:lol

Clandestino
09-30-2008, 12:18 AM
11 runs to 46 passes??? come on, is this peyton manning and the colts or the dallas cowboys?

Horry For 3!
09-30-2008, 02:50 AM
Actually the game was on the coordinators. They did shitty play calling.

Obstructed_View
09-30-2008, 02:51 AM
If that's true, then it's really nice of Wade to throw Romo under the bus like that. Felix Jones was in the game for like one play from scrimmage, and that one play resulted in a touchdown throw to Witten. I guess that was Romo's fault as well.

Horry For 3!
09-30-2008, 02:54 AM
I didn't understand Garrett with Romo throwing the ball all the damn time. We always run well with Barber and he didn't even use Felix Jones, wtf!? It is like the Redskins paid the Cowboys to lose.

Clandestino
09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Wade said Romo audbiled out of everything.

DBryant88
09-30-2008, 08:18 AM
maybe if Romo didn't audible out of everthing then they would have run the ball a little more...

Obstructed_View
09-30-2008, 08:30 AM

So when he audibled, did Felix Jones run off the field back to the bench? By the way, who coached Romo to call a pass audible when he sees an 8 man front? And I wonder where the "end around to TO" audible came from.

Clandestino
09-30-2008, 07:44 PM
So when he audibled, did Felix Jones run off the field back to the bench? By the way, who coached Romo to call a pass audible when he sees an 8 man front? And I wonder where the "end around to TO" audible came from.

according to you romo can do no wrong. what do you think about the INT that cost them the game?

ducks
09-30-2008, 09:43 PM

nice that romo is an expect now:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Bigzax
09-30-2008, 11:39 PM
:lol

pCDGVnVwVp8

Obstructed_View
10-01-2008, 08:11 AM
according to you romo can do no wrong. what do you think about the INT that cost them the game?

Don't know where you think I said Romo can do no wrong. Pointing out that he's not responsible for everything that's ever happened or pointing out that he's the best quarterback the Cowboys have had since Troy Aikman retired is a far fucking cry from that. Actually, looking back at the history of the posts, your point of view that he can do no right is the stupid one here.

I'd be more inclined to say it was the two series where the defense fell asleep, the lack of running the ball, and the 12 men on the field penalty after a fucking time out that was more responsible for the loss than an interception that wasn't really an ill-advised throw. He didn't throw into double coverage. The guy that picked the ball sprinted to the spot at the snap and turned around and grabbed it. My guess would be that the defense scouted the play perfectly.

Technically, the interception resulted in a field goal that was the difference in the game, so someone who knows very little about football could just lay all the blame on the QB for the game. I guess I'm just not in the habit of blaming one guy for a team sport any more than I am in the habit of making excuses when the Redskins came in and just played a better game from start to finish on both sides of the ball.