PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rogers Band/Texas Country

spurs_2108
09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
They came out with a new CD title "Randy Rogers Band" this past tuesday. Has some pretty solid songs on it. http://lonestarmusic.com/album.asp?aid=4679

A lot of new Texas Country releases are out now. Including Brandon Rhyder "Every Night", Britt Lloyd Band "The Ink", Chris Knight "Heart Of Stone", Eli Young Band "Jet Black And Jealous", Jason Boland "Comal County Blues", Micky & The Motorcars "Naive", Reckless Kelly "Bulletproof", Roger Creager "Here It Is".

Wade Bowen's CD "If We Ever Make It Home" drops tuesday.

October brings us new Brandon Jenkins "Faster Than A Stone", Rich O'Toole "In A Minute Or 2", Bleu Edmondson "Live At Billy Bob's CD/DVD" and Josh Grider Band "JG3" So make sure you make it out to a show and support Texas music. Its a great time now to be a fan with all these new releases.

Check out http://lonestarmusic.com/index.asp and http://galleywinter.com for more info on these bands.

pkbpkb81
09-28-2008, 11:27 PM
i love me some Texas music

spurs_2108
09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Anyone else?

mrsmaalox
09-29-2008, 11:24 PM
I love a lot of Texas music too. I'm looking forward to Wade Bowen's cd. My personal favorite has always been Radney Foster.

AKqFq_4VBqM

AlamoSpursFan
09-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Wade Bowen's gonna be in Fox 29's morning show in a few minutes...

clambake
09-30-2008, 10:18 AM
weeeeeee dooggy!!!!!

I. Hustle
09-30-2008, 10:19 AM
I went to see the RR band at cowboys and they definately did not bring their A game. I told a few peeps to come out and was embarrased because they sucked. I know they could have done better.

AlamoSpursFan
09-30-2008, 01:33 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw Pat Green there before he sold out to Viet Nashville. I think Cowboys just blows as a venue for concerts.

spurs_2108
09-30-2008, 07:13 PM
When did you see RRB at Cowboys hustle? I haven't been to cowboys before, but I heard It sucks at times. If you wanna catch the band, see them out in Helotes at Floores Country Store. Thats the best place in the SA to see a Texas Country band imo. There is also Rolling Oaks Sports Bar. I've seen Pat once. It was his Pre Nashville days. It was pretty sweet.

AlamoSpursFan
09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
If you wanna catch the band, see them out in Helotes at Floores Country Store. Thats the best place in the SA to see a Texas Country band imo.

Actually, I'd put Floore's 3rd behind Gruene Hall and Cheatham Street Warehouse in San Marcos.

spurs_2108
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Well in the SA area. Gruene is a little too far to consider SA. I've only walked through the place one, but never seen a show there. I've heard about Cheatham Street, the birth of RRB, but have never been either. I've seen pictures and Its not what I expected.

AlamoSpursFan
10-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Well in the SA area. Gruene is a little too far to consider SA. I've only walked through the place one, but never seen a show there. I've heard about Cheatham Street, the birth of RRB, but have never been either. I've seen pictures and Its not what I expected.

I know people from the Reckless Kelly board who come from north of Dallas to RK shows at Gruene regularly, so I wouldn't say it's TOO far. You really owe it to yourself to get to Gruene for a show. Not only is it the coolest place to catch Texas country, but Lonestar Music.com has a brick and mortar just up the street just loaded with Texas music.

As for Cheatham street, the key word is intimate. I'd get there early if you ever go to a show there...standing in line outside waiting for someone to leave so you can get in sucks (this I know from personal experience!).

AlamoSpursFan
10-04-2008, 10:18 AM
They came out with a new CD title "Randy Rogers Band" this past tuesday. Has some pretty solid songs on it.

Just bought it, and I concur. Some pretty solid songs. All 12 of 'em.

http://www.recklesskelly.com/images/MusicMarchPoster.jpg

spurs_2108
10-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Well I was just saying that I wouldn't count Gruene as being in SA. Yeah I know LSM head is there. Their CD are a little more expensive than what you can get at best buy or what not, but Its a cool place. I hope to see Chris Knight at Floores the 25.

Whats your favorite off of RRB?

J.T.
10-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Fuck country music, and by extension, fuck Texas country music too.

mrsmaalox
10-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Sorry to say Wade Bowen's cd did nothing for me but :sleep

spurs_2108
10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
^^ Hater.

^ Really? It may take a little to grow oh yeah. It has some great writer. I dig Chris Knight on Daddy and the Devil also.

AlamoSpursFan
10-06-2008, 03:27 AM
Well I was just saying that I wouldn't count Gruene as being in SA. Yeah I know LSM head is there. Their CD are a little more expensive than what you can get at best buy or what not, but Its a cool place. I hope to see Chris Knight at Floores the 25.

Whats your favorite off of RRB?

Well if you want to split hairs, Floore's isn't in SA either. I'm just saying that you should check out other venues, is all. I've seen Reckless Kelly so many times in so many places I've lost count. And I've never seen a bad show! Gruene is my favorite place to see any band. One of the most unbelievably killer shows I ever saw there was Storyville just before they broke up. Malford Milligan jumps up and down a lot when he's performing and he kept almost braining himself on the low ceiling up on stage.

As for Randy Rogers' new cd, it's all good. I like every song on it. This being their first "major label" release, I was afraid the edges of Viet Nashville suckitude were going to creep in like Pat Green's Three Days, but I was pleasantly surprised.

spurs_2108
10-06-2008, 09:00 AM
^Yeah. I guess I need to catch a show at Gruene then. Never heard of Storyville... hmm. This was RRB second release on a "major label" Just A Matter of Time was released on Mercury also. Things seem to be going well for them. The CD debut at number 3 on billboard country charts.

AlamoSpursFan
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM
^Yeah. I guess I need to catch a show at Gruene then. Never heard of Storyville... hmm. This was RRB second release on a "major label" Just A Matter of Time was released on Mercury also. Things seem to be going well for them. The CD debut at number 3 on billboard country charts.

I shoulda known that! :lol

Storyville was more of a blues/rock thing. Still worth a listen, though.