PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin is ruining my life

whottt
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
http://www.salon.com/mwt/col/tenn/2008/09/29/sarah_palin/index.html

Sept. 29, 2008 | Dear Cary,

I am a Democrat, a mother of three, and a full-time attorney. During the primaries, I was torn between Hillary Clinton, who I believed had the experience to be president (and really, really, really wanted it), and Barack Obama, who I believed was not only highly capable (albeit less experienced), but also the more sincere of the two and who inspired me on an emotional level that Clinton did not. In addition, as my kind friends pointed out to me, Clinton was carrying a lot of baggage in terms of her own scandals, not to mention Bill's little problems. So, in the end, I did what my heart really wanted me to do all along and voted for Obama. And then I totally checked out of the election. I've always disliked the pettiness of politics, the lies, the mudslinging, the arguments over meaningless minutiae, the parsing of personalities ad infinitum, etc. My perspective was, short of Obama being caught on video strangling his children with his own two hands, he had my vote, and thus I had no need to pay attention to all the nonsense that would occur in both campaigns prior to the election.

And then came Sarah. My reaction to her, and the way the Republican Party threw her in our faces, and the pandering and hypocrisy that was behind their decision to do so, was immediate, visceral, and indeed, vicious. I have crossed every line I believed should never be crossed in public discourse -- I have criticized not only her policies and her record, but her hair, her personal style, her accent, her abilities as a mother, etc. I've also begun to suffer personally and professionally. I bore my friends with my constant tirades against her, and am constantly distracted from my work by my need to continually update myself on the latest criticism, and indeed, ridicule, of her. In my hatred for her, I have begun to hate myself.

Enjoy this story?

Buzz up!Thanks for your support.
I don't want this woman ruining my life before she even gets a chance to ruin our country. How do I stop? Is there a self-help group for this?

A "Hater"*

*As Sarah Palin calls all those who disagree with her (New York Times, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008)

:lol

SnakeBoy
09-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Crazy libs are always finding a new reason to hate themselves.

TheMadHatter
09-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Conservatives are starting to get desperate as this election gets further out of reach for McCain.

Xylus
09-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Defending Sarah Palin is an easy way to lose all credibility.

When SNL is making fun of your complete incompetence, that's a clear sign that you're underqualified.

Spurminator
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Palin is the new Shane Heal

whottt
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Defending Sarah Palin is an easy way to lose all credibility.

When SNL is making fun of your complete incompetence, that's a clear sign that you're underqualified.

omHUsRTYFAU

EpGH02DtIws

C2mzbuRgnI4

tV5_T6CfHvE

whottt
09-28-2008, 11:35 PM
tV5_T6CfHvE

This one is the best one...

"In 1929 when FDR came on TV and talked about the Great Depression" :lmao

whottt
09-28-2008, 11:37 PM
What a stupid fucking idiot this dude is...and ya'll are going to vote for him :lmao

The most ignorant group of voters in American History...by far.

Better hope Obama can find enough drug addicts and felons to rig the ballot :lmao

Nbadan
09-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Lots of Conservative columnists and Politicians hate her too..

George F. Will
David Brooks
Kathleen Parker
David Frum
Charles Krauthammer
Ross Douthat
Stephen F. Hayward
Giuliani
Huckabee
Romney
Thompson
Newt...

ElNono
09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
omHUsRTYFAU

EpGH02DtIws

C2mzbuRgnI4

tV5_T6CfHvE

Terrific examples demonstrating Palin's qualifications. :rolleyes

whottt
09-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Palin is the new Shane Heal

Then that must mean Obama is new Hedo

Way to go dude!

whottt
09-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Lots of Conservative columnists and Politicians hate her too..

George F. Will
David Brooks
Kathleen Parker
David Frum
Charles Krauthammer
Ross Douthat
Stephen F. Hayward
Giuliani
Huckabee
Romney
Thompson
Newt...

Elitist Scum

Tully365
09-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Cary Tennis of salon.com is a humorist. This is what people without a thousand axes to grind refer to as a joke.

whottt
09-29-2008, 12:04 AM
I can honestly say that I would for any candidate in history over Barrack Obama...

Anybody that appeals to idiots and shitheads to the degree that Obama does, has no business being President.

In fact I volunteered to work elections for the first time in my life.

I don't trust Obama supporters.

Tully365
09-29-2008, 12:06 AM
I don't trust Obama supporters.

All of them are the same?

whottt
09-29-2008, 12:07 AM
All of them are the same?

Link?

Tully365
09-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Link?

Your words are the link. Who cares who he appeals to. Shouldn't you judge the guy directly by what he himself stands for. The fact that Tim McVeigh or David Duke liked Ronald Reagan doesn't make Reagan responsible for whatever they did with their lives. Faulty reasoning. It's like saying The Beatles or James Brown suck because you met a bunch of dummies with bad taste in music who like them... it means nothing.

whottt
09-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Truth is I always get this way.

I hated the people that went after Reagan non-stop.
I hated the people that went after Clinton non-stop.
I hated the people that went after W non-stop(in 2004, I lead them in 2000).

Tully365
09-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Truth is I always get this way.

I hated the people that went after Reagan non-stop.
I hated the people that went after Clinton non-stop.
I hated the people that went after W non-stop(in 2004, I lead them in 2000).

Do you believe this is a good thing? It shouldn't be so easy to hate.

whottt
09-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Your words are the link.

How so?

Who cares who he appeals to.

I do.

The fact that Tim McVeigh or David Duke liked Ronald Reagan doesn't make Reagan responsible for whatever they did with their lives. Faulty reasoning. It's like saying The Beatles or James Brown suck because you met a bunch of dummies with bad taste in music who like them... it means nothing.

Interesting...then I don't suppose you'd mind telling me why people hate Sarah Palin?

Explain that to me. I'd be very interested in hearing that.

whottt
09-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Shouldn't you judge the guy directly by what he himself stands for.

What exactly does Barrack Obama stand for?

Tell me..what does he stand for?

whottt
09-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Do you believe this is a good thing? It shouldn't be so easy to hate.

Tell that to them...I'm the counter hater...not the initiator hater.

Tully365
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Interesting...then I don't suppose you'd wouldn't mind telling me why people hate Sarah Palin?

You will never hear me say I hate Palin. I dislike her politics, and that's enough for me. People who are irrationally embittered by politics don't impress me regardless of what party they vote for, and Americans who have a seething hatred for 50% of the population are not, in my opinion, smart or wise people, and certainly not patriotic.

Tully365
09-29-2008, 12:32 AM
I treat participation in politics as a messy but necessary part of democracy-- it's not like membership in a gang, where it is imperative that you hate everyone who is not in the same gang as you.

Tully365
09-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Tell that to them...I'm the counter hater...not the initiator hater.

This seems like a good course of action? It all just becomes a chicken-or-the-egg argument... and the point is, you are still hating.

whottt
09-29-2008, 01:37 AM

Amazing how this question never gets answered. It's like there's a glitch in the programming for this one.

whottt
09-29-2008, 01:38 AM
This seems like a good course of action? It all just becomes a chicken-or-the-egg argument... and the point is, you are still hating.

An eye for an eye.

whottt
09-29-2008, 01:41 AM
You will never hear me say I hate Palin.
Cool.

I dislike her politics, and that's enough for me.

For me it's not so much Obama's politics I don't like as it is him...but really it's not even that I dislike him, it's just that I don't really like him. There is not much for me to relate to with him. But make no mistake about it...I dislike the number of thugs that seem to support him much more than I do him, but I do think he encourages it.

People who are irrationally embittered by politics don't impress me regardless of what party they vote for, and Americans who have a seething hatred for 50% of the population are not, in my opinion, smart or wise people, and certainly not patriotic.

Eh...everyone's a critic. I have problems with people that will vote for anyone just on the basis of the words they say....or a candidate nominated by a party just because it's their party. I don't consider that wise at all.

mavs>spurs2
09-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Amazing how this question never gets answered. It's like there's a glitch in the programming for this one.

we all know what mccain stands for. In his own words "more wars"

Tully365
09-29-2008, 02:31 AM
Thats where you and I differ. I think the people who you choose to lead you are a direct reflection of how you think as a person, especially in our obviously currupt system. I wasnt taking personal shots or judging the guy, I just didnt think he was serious with his Palin Power promotion. Im firm in the belief that no matter who is in office, I will always be able to make a good living as long as its possible.

My comment wasn't directed at you, but what I'm saying is not that choosing a leader doesn't reflect on the person choosing-- my point was that a leader should be judged for his or her specific values, not what other people may be misinterpreting those values to be. Whott said this:

"Anybody that appeals to idiots and shitheads to the degree that Obama does, has no business being President."

This seems to me to be very bad reasoning. That's why I used the Beatles/James Brown analogy-- they both appeal to experts on music and to lots of dim-witted people too, but it wouldn't make sense to say that you know of a lot of bad people in jail who like James Brown and therefore that proves that his music is bad... that reasoning doesn't make sense. Suffice to say there are plenty of people rooting for McCain and Obama for the wrong reasons, for reasons that those two candidates themselves wouldn't even agree with...

Heath Ledger
09-29-2008, 02:37 AM
My question is where the fuck is Biden hiding? All of the press has been about the airhead and I think its a mistake on Obamas part, I can't recall a single vid/soundbyte featuring Biden since the Princess was unleashed. I must say she is definitely a Milf soon to be a Gilf or Grilf.

whottt
09-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Grilf.

What the hell is a Grilf?

whottt
09-29-2008, 03:03 AM
we all know what mccain stands for. In his own words "more wars"

It's definitely a glitch, they just can't answer that question...ever.

Shastafarian
09-29-2008, 07:14 AM
It's definitely a glitch, they just can't answer that question...ever.

Why don't you post what McCain stands for? Then I'll post what Obama stands for.

This thread is all kinds of hilarity. It's like watching a wounded dog nip at its own hind legs.

Findog
09-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Sarah Palin isn't ruining my life. She'll be the answer to a trivia question on November 5th, and whot knows it.

Findog
09-29-2008, 08:09 AM

Per Matt Taibbi:

Barack Obama might be every bit as much as a slick piece of imageering as Sarah Palin. The difference is in what the image represents. The Obama image represents tolerance, intelligence, education, patience with the notion of compromise and negotiation, and a willingness to stare ugly facts right in the face, all qualities we're actually going to need in government if we're going to get out of this huge mess we're in.

Here's what Sarah Palin represents: being a fat fucking pig who pins "Country First" buttons on his man titties and chants "U-S-A! U-S-A!" at the top of his lungs while his kids live off credit cards and Saudis buy up all the mortgages in Kansas

Oh, Gee!!
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
The letter writer should post here. That would relieve some of her stress I bet. Is there any way to get her a link to ST.com.

JoeChalupa
09-29-2008, 09:26 AM
She's brought some good laughs to my life.

Anti.Hero
09-29-2008, 10:58 AM
My question is where the fuck is Biden hiding? All of the press has been about the airhead and I think its a mistake on Obamas part, I can't recall a single vid/soundbyte featuring Biden since the Princess was unleashed. I must say she is definitely a Milf soon to be a Gilf or Grilf.

lmao He's been dropping gaffe after gaffe but that's just Joe.

Anti.Hero
09-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I really admire Obama's track record of his beliefs.

lmao idiots.

BRHornet45
09-29-2008, 03:47 PM
She's brought some good laughs to my life.

son thats funny because you have brought laughs to our lives as well.

"I will vote for anyone that MTV tells me to" - JoeChalupa

ploto
09-29-2008, 06:38 PM
My analysis as a woman- McCain thought that choosing Palin would help him to snag some of the female Democratic and independent vote- the Hillary supporters- but that only works to one extent. The women who are so tied up in the notion of proving a woman can do something- those who will vote for ANY woman will be drawn to that ticket. But the gold is not in those women- the gold in recent Presidential elections is the soccer moms. Now some thought Palin would appeal to them- like she was one of them- the hockey mom- but I do not think that it has worked. Her demeanor at the convention and McCain's in the debate has turned these women off. These women will go for Obama and he will win because of it, if for no other reason than a feeling that he cares about them, their families, and their kids. I also told you guys before- the PTA soccer moms are the most backstabbing bunch and some of them will enjoy taking Palin down. Seriously. Women are their own worst enemies and seeing another one fail somehow makes them feel better about their miserable selves.

Tully365
09-29-2008, 06:48 PM
The article is an example of satire.

Analyzing it as if it were a sincere work doesn't make sense. It's like watching Bugs Bunny and then coming to the conclusion that rabbits are wittier and more verbally sophisticated than most humans.

whottt
09-29-2008, 08:43 PM
The article is an example of satire.

Analyzing it as if it were a sincere work doesn't make sense. It's like watching Bugs Bunny and then coming to the conclusion that rabbits are wittier and more verbally sophisticated than most humans.

I thought it was pretty funny myself. But since it mentioned Palin you'll have to excuse your fellow Dems for the meltdown.

Tully365
09-30-2008, 02:53 AM
I thought it was pretty funny myself.

Of course you did.

SnakeBoy
09-30-2008, 03:07 AM
My analysis as a woman- McCain thought that choosing Palin would help him to snag some of the female Democratic and independent vote- the Hillary supporters- but that only works to one extent. The women who are so tied up in the notion of proving a woman can do something- those who will vote for ANY woman will be drawn to that ticket. But the gold is not in those women- the gold in recent Presidential elections is the soccer moms. Now some thought Palin would appeal to them- like she was one of them- the hockey mom- but I do not think that it has worked. Her demeanor at the convention and McCain's in the debate has turned these women off. These women will go for Obama and he will win because of it, if for no other reason than a feeling that he cares about them, their families, and their kids. I also told you guys before- the PTA soccer moms are the most backstabbing bunch and some of them will enjoy taking Palin down. Seriously. Women are their own worst enemies and seeing another one fail somehow makes them feel better about their miserable selves.

From what I've seen on Hillary/PUMA sites they are going with the 30% strategy. They claim there are studies showing that the quality of life for people increases dramatically once the number of women in the government goes over 30% regardless of the ideology of the women in office. So they are promoting voting for ANY woman on the ticket regardless of party affiliation.

I haven't looked into the studies they are talking about but that's their strategy (or is that a tactic lol).

Real question is how many PUMAs are out there. The dems and media don't want to talk about them. And many are pretending to be Obama supporters according to their posts on various PUMA blogs.

whottt
09-30-2008, 03:12 AM
Of course you did.

Proof from the bottom of my first post:

Trust me....I don't post Salon Articles very often(ever). I legitimately thought it was funny.

JoeChalupa
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
son thats funny because you have brought laughs to our lives as well.

"I will vote for anyone that MTV tells me to" - JoeChalupa

Girl, I vote for who I want to and NOBODY tells me but my own conscience.

Ignignokt
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Girl, I vote for who I want to and NOBODY tells me but my own conscience.

rhetoric to back rhetoric = CHANGE

JoeChalupa
09-30-2008, 10:26 AM
rhetoric to back rhetoric = CHANGE

I'm just glad that change will come from Bush but Obama is MY choice. You are free to make your own choice.