PDA

View Full Version : Palin knows cheesesteak

whottt
09-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Video:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/09/28/palincheesesteak.cnn

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/28/palin-takes-questions-during-cheesesteak-run-2/

Palin takes questions during cheesesteak run
Posted: 09:00 AM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

Sarah Palin and her daughter Willow ordered cheesestakes in South Philadelphia Saturday.
PHILADELPHIA (CNN) – Sarah Palin partook in an established political ritual on Saturday night when she headed to Tony Luke's in south Philadelphia to order a pair of cheesesteaks with whiz and onions.

But as the kitchen sizzled and orders were barked out, Palin found herself talking politics, calling McCain's debate performance "awesome" and taking questions from a voter about the hunt for terrorists in Pakistan.

While waiting in line with her daughter Willow to place her order, a reporter asked Palin if she watched Friday's debate, and what her impressions were.

Watch: Palin takes questions on cheesesteak run

"I did, I did," she said. "McCain did awesome. He was great. He was absolutely on his game."

Palin added that she is ready to debate Joe Biden next Thursday in St. Louis.

"I am," she said. "Look forward to it. Look forward to getting to speak to Americans through that debate, absolutely."

The governor got a more serious interrogation moments later when Temple graduate student Michael Rovito approached her to inquire about Pakistan.

"How about the Pakistan situation?," asked Rovito, who said he was not a Palin supporter. "What's your thoughts about that?"

"In Pakistan?," she asked, looking surprised.

"What's going on over there, like Waziristan?"

"It's working with [Pakistani president] Zardari to make sure that we're all working together to stop the guys from coming in over the border," she told him. "And we'll go from there."

Rovito wasn't finished. "Waziristan is blowing up!," he said.

"Yeah it is," Palin said, "and the economy there is blowing up too."

"So we do cross border, like from Afghanistan to Pakistan you think?," Rovito asked.

"If that's what we have to do stop the terrorists from coming any further in, absolutely, we should," Palin responded, before moving on to greet other voters.

Those comments appear to contradict McCain's long-standing position of negotiating with Pakistan before carrying out attacks on terrorists within their borders. The GOP nominee criticized Barack Obama in Friday night's debate for his willingness to strike unilaterally inside Pakistan.

"He said that he would launch military strikes into Pakistan," McCain said. "You don't do that. You don't say that out loud. If you have to do things, you have to do things, and you work with the Pakistani government."

Obama responded saying, "Nobody talked about attacking Pakistan. If the United States has al Qaeda, bin Laden, top-level lieutenants in our sights, and Pakistan is unable or unwilling to act, then we should take them out."

Palin ordered the two sandwiches, but the managers refused to let her pay, so she slipped a bill into their tip jar. She did not eat at the restaurant, opting instead to take the food with her in the motorcade.

(updated with additional information)

Filed under: Sarah Palin

ElNono
09-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Do you actually read what you post, Palin douche?
This article actually makes her look bad. LOL

CubanMustGo
09-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Do you actually read what you post, Palin douche?

whottt = desperatttttt

LakeShow
09-28-2008, 11:41 PM
:lol

McCain retracts Palin's Pakistan comments (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/28/mccain-retracts-palins-pakistan-comments/)

SnakeBoy
09-28-2008, 11:45 PM

Yeah, she agreed with Obama's position. God she's so stupid and unqualified to be running for president.

TheMadHatter
09-28-2008, 11:48 PM
whottt = desperatttttt

Creepn
09-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah, she agreed with Obama's position. God she's so stupid and unqualified to be running for president.

Good luck trying to sound sarcastic if you was.

whottt
09-28-2008, 11:50 PM

Well done :tu

ElNono
09-28-2008, 11:57 PM

In other words, she's contradicting the platform position on the issue.

whottt
09-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Good luck trying to sound sarcastic if you was.

Right...it's only okay when Obama agrees with McCain's position...8 times...in a debate.

ElNono
09-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Right...it's only okay when Obama agrees with McCain's position...8 times...in a debate.

Epic fail, as usual... Why did McCain had to come out and retract Palin's comment?

You can have a coincidence on issues with guys of different parties, but last I checked Palin and her running mate McCain, are running on the same platform.

tp2021
09-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Whottt, dude, when did you become such a troll? It's a little bit scary...

whottt
09-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Who the fuck is trolling? I posted an a video and an article from a netowork 100% in the tank for Obama.

byrontx
09-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Whott has a sense of humor-cool. I suspect that you aren't ecstatic about Palin either. Should she drop out?

101A
09-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Palin ordered the two sandwiches, but the managers refused to let her pay, so she slipped a bill into their tip jar. She did not eat at the restaurant, opting instead to take the food with her in the motorcade.

Anybody else notice it looks like she's dropping some lb's? She didn't eat that cheesesteak.

Sarah Palin
09-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Whotttt loves me....he really, really loves me!!!

Lackluster
09-29-2008, 08:27 AM

that was textbook debating imo.

you display that you understand and appreciate the opposition's point of view and why it is perceived as valid, but then you follow up with where you differ and why.

JoeChalupa
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
that was textbook debating imo.

you display that you understand and appreciate the opposition's point of view and why it is perceived as valid, but then you follow up with where you differ and why.

I concur.

Hook Dem
09-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I concur.

Of course you do Joe! You keep telling us over and over. However, you only get onevote.