38. Jaren Jackson
39. Hank Egan
40. PJ Carlesimo
41. Sam Presti
42. Steve Kerr
43. Rich Jones
44. Gene Banks

------------------------------

To pass the time until the start of preseason, let's see how SpursTalk.com ranks the Top 50 Spurs. Those eligible for the list include all players, coaches and owners. I don't want to define "top" too narrowly, but I think the best way to do it would be to think of the list as a list of the 50 most influential people who have helped make the Spurs one of the most successful franchises in the history of sport.

For more information on what we are doing, check out this thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103061).

In this thread, we will vote for spot number 45. Please place your vote. If you will, also explain in this thread why you voted how you did.

Thanks.

P.S.

Poll options listed in alphabetical order. If you want to vote for someone not on the list, post in the thread and I'll add the person.

Voting will end 2AM CST Tuesday morning.

Please vote only once.

Kamnik
09-29-2008, 06:10 AM
How isnt Oberto in here yet :O :O :O

timvp
09-29-2008, 06:16 AM
How isnt Oberto in here yet :O :O :OI'm not sure that Oberto is more worthy than Rasho.

To complete the old school run, I'm probably voting Mike Gale here.

Texas_Ranger
09-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Rasho should be infront of Oberto!

Kamnik
09-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Um... Oberto helped Spurs to get 1 championship and Rasho really didnt.

And im fan of Rasho and a Slovenian...

Texas_Ranger
09-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Um... Oberto helped Spurs to get 1 championship and Rasho really didnt.

And im fan of Rasho and a Slovenian...

You still voted Rasho!:rollin

temujin
09-29-2008, 09:41 AM
One of the top 5 defensive players in the game's history was Spurs and he is NOT on the list.

Time to question the knowledge of the voters here.

MrChug
09-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm goin John Lucas on this one. Dude was an inspiration and allowed the players to PLAY. He's still a hell of a person (community aspect) and I always loved his sideline antics and interviews. He did a helluva lot for the organization and the city.

baseline bum
09-29-2008, 10:58 AM
One of the top 5 defensive players in the game's history was Spurs and he is NOT on the list.

Time to question the knowledge of the voters here.

Fuck off. Rodman didn't play defense here; all he did was pad his rebounding numbers. He gave up on the team in the 95 WCF, the most important series the Spurs had ever played in up to that time. Rodman's net worth to the team was negative, which is why he was dumped for practically nothing after sabotaging the WCF. Rodman shouldn't be judged on his play in Detroit or Chicago in a ranking of Spurs all-time greats, unless you want to put Moses Malone and Dominique Wilkins in the top 5 of this list.

2centsworth
09-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Dale Ellis, Chuck Person and Willie Anderson need to be on the list somewhere. Plus, Antonio had his moments too.

baseline bum
09-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Seriously, make a case why Rodman deserves all these votes when he prominently displays his "I don't give a fuck" attitude here in a must-win game 2, with the Spurs in an 0-1 hole.

R4ZgvYu-17k

Ig-IZ7rdQWw

MqVmqrnJGAg

All of this in one quarter. Then he decides to become a distraction again before game five. You'd think someone who is such a great winner would have been ecstatic to see the Spurs even the series at 2-2 from an 0-2 hole with the next game at home. But no, Rodman decides to pick a fight with Bob Hill by coming to practice 35 minutes late, forcing Hill to bench him in another must-win game.

Anyone who votes for Rodman has a short memory.

Notice how Rodman pushes Sean Elliott out of the way of an easy rebound and the ball ends up going to Olajuwon for a second chance basket in video 3. Pretty clear example of how all Rodman cared about was padding his rebound numbers in SA.

Notice how Rodman turns around and smiles at the Rocket bench instead of getting back in transition, giving up the lob dunk to Horry in video 2. Pretty clear example of how bad he was in getting back on defense in his time in SA.

Big fucking joke to Rodman. Haha... our season goes down in flames. LOL

rascal
09-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Agree

Rodman was a joke and doesn't deserve to be on any top 50 Spur list . Winning wasn't important to him when he was with the Spurs. The only thing he put much effort in was getting rebounds.

rascal
09-29-2008, 11:44 AM
What is the vote count? I'm voting now more to keep Rasho, Rodman and DelNegro off the list. Rasho and Del Negro were weak links on good spur teams and don't deserve to be in the top 50. Their games were ugly to watch.

Mohammed > Rasho But neither should make it into the final 6 spots.

Rodman gave up on the Spurs in the playoffs with the intentional dirty play and don't care attitude.

MrChug
09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
DENISE RODMAN???!?!?!?!? Are you fucking kidding me?

The worthless cancer that did nothing to help us win, then trashed the entire city of San Antonio (David Robinson the most) when we didn't? You think this made him a good Spur??? WHAT THE FUCK??? All he did here was pad his stats and his ego. You gotta be kidding me.

timvp
09-29-2008, 03:41 PM
I voted Del Negro. He sucked for the most part but at least he tried. Plus he had two solid regular seasons and two clutch playoff games.

Del Negro > Rodman

Kona
09-29-2008, 04:39 PM
'toine carr

Obstructed_View
09-29-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure that Oberto is more worthy than Rasho.

To complete the old school run, I'm probably voting Mike Gale here.

I'm not sure that Oberto isn't more worthy than Rasho. He contributed to a playoff run.

baseline bum
09-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Anyone who votes Rodman in the top 50 is a fucking retard. inagra, KEDA, manufor3, rAm, Rogbok, samikeyp, Spurs Brazil, temujin, urunobili... every one of you.

Obstructed_View
09-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Anyone who votes Rodman in the top 50 is a fucking retard. inagra, KEDA, manufor3, rAm, Rogbok, samikeyp, Spurs Brazil, temujin, urunobili... every one of you.

Rodman, Del Negro, Rasho. Pick one now.

Dex
09-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Can we get Kevin Willis added to the ballots?

If we're going with one hit wonders like Kerr already, then KWill deserves a shot. He was vital to defending Shaq and had some big moments during the 2003 playoff run, and if I remember correctly, he also filled a spot while Tim went down for a bit that season. He was the last real enforcer this team has had, and was definitely a fan favorite.

I know it's a stretch, but I don't wanna give the spot to Rodman or Rasho. :lol

kobe_bryant
09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
who hired mouse to swing the vote?

barbacoataco
09-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Mike Gale and Coby Dietrick are worthy. Dietrick played in a lot of games as a Spur and was kind of a fan favorite. Mike Gale was a really good defender and a better player than some of the other guys on this list IMO.

The Truth #6
09-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Vinny sucked but he probably had a better Spurs career than Finley. His behind the back dunk on Worthy is top 5 Spur dunks of all time. And his wife was hot.

And what a shock, Baseline Bum is posting the same youtube videos for the one millionth time. Yawn.

At this point the only thing I care about is Ed Nealy getting the 50 spot.