PDA

View Full Version : McGrady says shoulder arthritic, knee slow to heal

Spurs Brazil
09-29-2008, 07:43 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjSSjBvm0v2D.BVWvPGzYmi8vLYF?slug=ap-rockets-mcgrady&prov=ap&type=lgns

21_Blessings
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
T-Quit a slow healer... who knew?

The Franchise
09-29-2008, 08:22 PM
He is sort of a puss. He complains about everything instead of playing though it. Why whine to the media? You Laker fans should be quiet though. It's going to look real bad for you guys when you get your asses scrubbed up by a puss this year. :lol

DPG21920
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
He just dropped on my fantasy player ranking

monosylab1k
09-29-2008, 09:33 PM
T-Mac always hurt.

Yao still recovering and injury prone.

Yao & Artest feuding.

And Rocket Fan wonders why the rest of the league is doubtful about their chances at being successful. It wouldn't shock me one bit if the Rockets missed the playoffs altogether.

The Franchise
09-29-2008, 09:45 PM
T-Mac always hurt.

Yao & Artest feuding.

And Rocket Fan wonders why the rest of the league is doubtful about their chances at being successful. It wouldn't shock me one bit if the Rockets missed the playoffs altogether.
Yes it would. :king

lefty
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
At least his injuries will get past a round

If only Tmac himself could do the same thing

Roxsfan
09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
T-Mac always hurt.

Yao & Artest feuding.

do the world a favor and just shut your pie-hole already. We know that would be your jerk off fantasy for the rox to implode b/c it would just kill you to see the spurs and rox with multiple titles and the mavs, well they suck.:lmao

mystargtr34
09-29-2008, 10:45 PM
At least his injuries will get past a round

If only Tmac himself could do the same thing

I dont get it.

sprrs
09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
“I know I get criticized a lot for not leading my team out of the playoffs,” McGrady said. “It’s hard when you don’t have those pieces that you need to elevate you to that next level. Now, I have that and we’ll see what happens.”

Did he just throw his teammates under the bus?

robbie380
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Yao & Artest feuding.

X37nSvhtWzE

Purple & Gold
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Did he just throw his teammates under the bus?

Sounds like it to me

DPG21920
09-29-2008, 11:53 PM
If Kobe can do it, than so can T-Mac. Hell, the players might even come back with something to prove and then get offered monster contracts.

T Park
09-30-2008, 12:21 AM
The Rockets will never win a series with Tracy Mcgrady on the team.

Period.

Spurtacus
09-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Rockets will need to limit his minutes this season. 30mpg if they want him to be healthy for the playoffs.

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 12:27 AM
X37nSvhtWzE

yeah and Josh Howard said he's sorry and that he loves America too. How naive can you be if you put any stock in media day? Dumbass.

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 12:29 AM
do the world a favor and just shut your pie-hole already. We know that would be your jerk off fantasy for the rox to implode b/c it would just kill you to see the spurs and rox with multiple titles and the mavs, well they suck.:lmao

why are you so obsessed with the Mavericks? This thread was about the Rockets, and instead of defending your team with solid points, you just talk shit about another team. If that doesn't loudly declare "I'm insecure and unsure about my team, and maybe you're right that they're going to implode" I don't know what does.

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 12:31 AM
also, don't the spurs and "rox" already both have multiple titles?

Ah, I know what this means. You finally saw the light and stopped counting those two bullshit titles in the retired Jordan years.

Purple & Gold
09-30-2008, 12:35 AM
If Kobe can do it, than so can T-Mac. Hell, the players might even come back with something to prove and then get offered monster contracts.

Kobe was an idiot at the time. T-Mac is still an idiot as of right now.

Allanon
09-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Kobe was an idiot at the time.

Yup he was but in a world of ironies, this was probably what turned things around for the Lakers.

Still one of my favorite vids:
cpQwZC_ChcM

Purple & Gold
09-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Yup he was but in a world of ironies, this was probably what turned things around for the Lakers.

cpQwZC_ChcM

:lmao :lmao That was a funny ass video.

As for Kobe turning it around for the Lakers I'm not to sure about that. I give more credit for Bynum working his ass off (some might credit Kobe's criticisms for it I credit a huge payday and Cap in his ear all the time) and Mitch stealing Gasol away from Memphis. No matter who's to credit and who's to blame it sure was a 180 unexpected turnaround. A Ring would have been the ultimate icing on the cake, but i like our chances this year. :lobt2:

robbie380
09-30-2008, 02:05 AM
yeah and Josh Howard said he's sorry and that he loves America too. How naive can you be if you put any stock in media day? Dumbass.

...because they have been talking since the trade. this is the same language that has been used for weeks. but you are a mavs fan so I wouldn't expect you to keep up with everything from the rockets. not a big deal.

and thanks for the insult too!

21_Blessings
09-30-2008, 03:23 AM
cpQwZC_ChcM

Holy shit :lol

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 08:30 AM
...because they have been talking since the trade. this is the same language that has been used for weeks. but you are a mavs fan so I wouldn't expect you to keep up with everything from the rockets. not a big deal.

and thanks for the insult too!

Yeah and Rick Carlisle has been saying all offseason he's going to open up the offense and not micromanage the team, but nobody in Dallas believes him.

I understand that Rocket Fan is one of the less intelligent groups on Spurs Talk, possibly the least intelligent, but you don't have to drink every drop of Kool-Aid the Houston organization wanks onto your tongue.

Sissiborgo
09-30-2008, 09:34 AM
McGrady damn i wish i could see him play 100%...

Double-Up
09-30-2008, 10:14 AM
T-Mac always hurt.

Yao & Artest feuding.

Artest and Yao aren't feuding and Yao is 100% per the chronicle

OK then...Josh Howard = Retard
Dirk is as soft as Charmin and Kidd can't shoot to save his life...
Your Dallas Mavs the 2006 almost champions but choked...
Or how bout the 67 win team that LOST in the first round making HISTORY...

At least H-town has won back to back championships ever if it was a while ago. What championship banners have the Mavs hung ever??

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Artest and Yao aren't feuding and Yao is 100% per the chronicle

OK then...Josh Howard = Retard
Dirk is as soft as Charmin and Kidd can't shoot to save his life...
Your Dallas Mavs the 2006 almost champions but choked...
Or how bout the 67 win team that LOST in the first round making HISTORY...

At least H-town has won back to back championships ever if it was a while ago. What championship banners have the Mavs hung ever??

Again, instead of making a sound argument in favor of your team, you choose to attack another instead. Why are Rocket Fans so goddamn stupid?

Nobody is calling the Mavs a contender. So who gives a flying fuck if they have a shit team? Everyone is calling the Rockets contenders, so instead of burying your head in the sand, why not address the issues surrounding your team?

And the Houston Rockets still have yet to win a legitimate title. Nobody counts bullshit trophies won when Jordan was playing baseball.

Double-Up
09-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Again, instead of making a sound argument in favor of your team, you choose to attack another instead. Why are Rocket Fans so goddamn stupid?

Nobody is calling the Mavs a contender. So who gives a flying fuck if they have a shit team? Everyone is calling the Rockets contenders, so instead of burying your head in the sand, why not address the issues surrounding your team?

And the Houston Rockets still have yet to win a legitimate title. Nobody counts bullshit trophies won when Jordan was playing baseball.

Our bullshit trophies like you say are better than none. I love the rockets but every year we get hyped up to unbelievable levels...we have the talent but with a ALL 3 our our stars injury prone it's gonna make it difficult...there I said it.

Kai
09-30-2008, 12:26 PM

You do realize that Jordan was playing the year of our second championship, right? The Magic, whom we swept, beat the Bulls with Jordan in the East Finals.

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
You do realize that Jordan was playing the year of our second championship, right? The Magic, whom we swept, beat the Bulls with Jordan in the East Finals.

They played Indiana in the East Finals.

And Jordan was coming back at the tail-end of the season after a 2 year time away from the game and wore 45 for a while. I'm sure he wasn't the least bit rusty.

Still doesn't count. Both your titles are cheap knockoffs.

bee01
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Sweet sweet Mavs tears.

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Sweet sweet Mavs tears.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I know the Mavs fan is right, and I'm insecure about my team, so I'll insult the Mavs instead even though it is completely unrelated.

Many PackYao
09-30-2008, 01:54 PM

And Jordan was coming back at the tail-end of the season after a 2 year time away from the game and wore 45 for a while. I'm sure he wasn't the least bit rusty.

How can you say they were fluke titles when the Rockets owned the Bulls during their '91-'93 title years. Had Jordan not retired, Ho Grant would have stayed and Rox would of ended the Bulls title reign in the '94 finals.
:nope

ambchang
09-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Why would McGrady think that Battier and Yao are not the kind of teammates you need to get past the 1st round?

SimonHymen
09-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Are you upset that our two trophy's bounce better than your man teets?

JamStone
09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Is there another NBA superstar that tries to cover his ass with excuses "before" things go wrong more than T-Mac does?

leemajors
09-30-2008, 02:08 PM
I can't wait for Artest to try and make up the missing offense by jacking the ball up 40 times a game :lmao

Many PackYao
09-30-2008, 02:12 PM
I can't wait for Artest to try and make up the missing offense by jacking the ball up 40 times a game :lmao
I can't wait either, we might get more wins with him taking the lead.:lol

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
How can you say they were fluke titles when the Rockets owned the Bulls during their '91-'93 title years. Had Jordan not retired, Ho Grant would have stayed and Rox would of ended the Bulls title reign in the '94 finals.
:nope

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You guys were 1 game away from being taken out by the fucking Knicks, luckily for you Patrick Ewing & John Starks pulled the choke job of a lifetime.

oh wait let me make this reply for you guys

heh heh hehehe you mean a choke job like the MAVS! :rollin me so smart! lallala!

there now you guys don't have to bother replying to that part.

anyways, like I said, you have 2 illegitimate titles, and one of them was choked into your hands by John Starks.

balli
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
T-Mac always hurt.

Yao & Artest feuding.

+1.
I don't think they'll miss the playoffs, but Rocket fans gotta quit being so ignorant about the reasons for everyone's skepticism. They can be good IF everything goes right, but I personally suspect something will go wrong.

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
My asshole is still throbbing.

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 02:55 PM
+1.
I don't think they'll miss the playoffs, but Rocket fans gotta quit being so ignorant about the reasons for everyone's skepticism. They can be good IF everything goes right, but I suspect something will go wrong.

How come I'm not suprised. :rolleyes

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
anyways, like I said, you have 2 illegitimate titles, and one of them was choked into your hands by John Starks.

It's Ok that my Mavs don't have any titles cause yours don't count!!!! :cry :cry :baby :cry :cry :baby

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
How come I'm not suprised. :rolleyes

Something's gone wrong every year so far in the T-Mac/Yao era, why shouldn't it be expected?

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 03:08 PM
It's Ok that my Mavs don't have any titles cause yours don't count!!!! :cry :cry :baby :cry :cry :baby

I'm not concerned with comparing the Mavs to the Rockets. You are. I'm just stating a fact - that the Rockets titles are tainted due to the 2 year absence of Jordan.

I really don't get how the Mavericks keep getting brought up into this? Oh wait, yes I do - Rocket Fan insecurity.

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Something's gone wrong every year so far in the T-Mac/Yao era, why shouldn't it be expected?

I don't mind you guys expecting it. That will make breaking every other teams back that much sweeter.

Red Hawk #21
09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
McGrady damn i wish i could see him play 100%...

I think when he's a 100% he is arguably better than Kobe, anyone agree?

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 03:16 PM

Not at all.

That's like saying Dirk is better than Larry Bird.

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 03:19 PM

Yes.

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
The Rockets will never win a series with Tracy Mcgrady on the team.

Period.

T-panty--shutty the fucky upy:wow

Red Hawk #21
09-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Not at all.

That's like saying Dirk is better than Larry Bird.

But if you think about it really the main reason Kobe is considered a legend is because of the rings he won. And the main reason he won those rings was because of Shaq and some great role players. If Tmac was the one who got to play with Shaq back in the day he may have had those rings that Kobe has. And then Tmac would be the one considered a legend. And if Kobe played with Yao, Kobe could have been the one to experience annual disappointments. Just sayin

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
why are you so obsessed with the Mavericks? This thread was about the Rockets, and instead of defending your team with solid points, you just talk shit about another team. If that doesn't loudly declare "I'm insecure and unsure about my team, and maybe you're right that they're going to implode" I don't know what does.

I have nothing right now that needs defending dip shit, I will wait and see how this transpires on the court fuck-nut. I will say that with health across the board, they are going to be one fucking force to be reckoned with. And umm, the mavs suck--deal with it. Get ready for the mav's ass pounding 10-30-08:lmao at the hands of the rox.

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 03:30 PM
I have nothing right now that needs defending dip shit, I will wait and see how this transpires on the court fuck-nut. I will say that with health across the board, they are going to be one fucking force to be reckoned with. And umm, the mavs suck--deal with it. Get ready for the mav's ass pounding 10-30-08:lmao at the hands of the rox.

^Yeah that.:p:

IronMexican
09-30-2008, 03:35 PM
But if you think about it really the main reason Kobe is considered a legend is because of the rings he won. And the main reason he won those rings was because of Shaq and some great role players. If Tmac was the one who got to play with Shaq back in the day he may have had those rings that Kobe has. And then Tmac would be the one considered a legend. And if Kobe played with Yao, Kobe could have been the one to experience annual disappointments. Just sayin

Kobe amd Yao would have gotten out of the first round.

Red Hawk #21
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Kobe amd Yao would have gotten out of the first round.

I was waiting for a Laker fan to say that, Here is why I think Kobe and Yao wouldn't get out of the first round. JVG, over the years Jeff van gundy was known for having great defense but "Inadequate" offenses. So all the defenses of opposing teams would really have to do is make a strategy to bother Kobe and Yao(Doubles, Traps, Hard fouls etc) and since Jvg's offenses were not that good the role players on that team would probably not be able to make them pay.

And another reason I don't think Kobe would be able to get those rocket teams out of the first round are the role players. Just think of the role players Tmac and Yao have played with over the years- Alston, Juwan Howard, Jimmy Jackson, Bob Sura. All of those guys are solid but not enough to get you out of the 1st round in that tough western conference.

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Who are the rox?

That's the gayest fucking nickname I've ever heard.

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
And another reason I don't think Kobe would be able to get those rocket teams out of the first round are the role players. Just think of the role players Tmac and Yao have played with over the years- Alston, Juwan Howard, Jimmy Jackson, Bob Sura. All of those guys are solid but not enough to get you out of the 1st round in that tough western conference.

Also due to the fact they were busy choking 2 games leads to the Mavericks.

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Who are the rox?

The team thats going to be beating the Mavs ass 4 times this season.

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 04:15 PM

I'm sure you understand our pain. :toast

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Who are the rox?

That's the gayest fucking nickname I've ever heard.

Then suck on this bitch:

Dullass Mavpricks.

mavs suck.

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 04:18 PM

fucking owned, except they choked away a certain NBA trophy...even worse.

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Then suck on this bitch:

Dullass Mavpricks.

mavs suck.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

That is HILARIOUS!

Ooooh oooh I wanna make one for your team! How about:

Houston Cum-Gargling Faggots

I think it's catchy!

ambchang
09-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Come on, McGrady is no where close to Kobe.

His defense is worse than Kobe - Unless McGrady was matched up with Dirk, McGrady seemed uninterested / unable to lock down his man despite his top notch athleticism.

He couldn't carry his team - It's not like he only got kicked out of the 1st round. The man led his team to 21 wins when he was with the Magic, including a ridiculous 19-game losing streak. Sure he didn't have the best team of the world, but 21-game seasons are for teams with only role-players and no stars.

Offense - While McGrady could be a fantastic scorer when he wanted to, he still couldn't create offense for his team like Kobe could.

McGrady is a fantastic player, but let's get real, he is not as good as Kobe as a player. He may be a better guy, a nicer dude to hang out with, or the Lakers could even have won a few more titles with McGrady instead of Kobe because he wouldn't go into a poewr struggle with Shaq. But as a player, Kobe has proven to be much better.

Red Hawk #21
09-30-2008, 04:34 PM

His defense is worse than Kobe - Unless McGrady was matched up with Dirk, McGrady seemed uninterested / unable to lock down his man despite his top notch athleticism.

He couldn't carry his team - It's not like he only got kicked out of the 1st round. The man led his team to 21 wins when he was with the Magic, including a ridiculous 19-game losing streak. Sure he didn't have the best team of the world, but 21-game seasons are for teams with only role-players and no stars.

Offense - While McGrady could be a fantastic scorer when he wanted to, he still couldn't create offense for his team like Kobe could.

McGrady is a fantastic player, but let's get real, he is not as good as Kobe as a player. He may be a better guy, a nicer dude to hang out with, or the Lakers could even have won a few more titles with McGrady instead of Kobe because he wouldn't go into a poewr struggle with Shaq. But as a player, Kobe has proven to be much better.

Honestly you make good points. You probably are right. :toast

Kai
09-30-2008, 04:39 PM

Hell no. He's great and all, but no.

Red Hawk #21
09-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Hell no. He's great and all, but no.

You should have read my post just above yours

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 04:54 PM

What will be your take if he wins a championship this year?

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 04:59 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

That is HILARIOUS!

Ooooh oooh I wanna make one for your team! How about:

Houston Cum-Gargling Faggots

I think it's catchy!

http://www.dealbreaker.com/images/entries/middle_finger_flame_jpg_w300h300.jpg

enough with you D-bag.
stfu, aint nobody wanna talk with yo ass anymo

GuerillaBlack
09-30-2008, 05:02 PM

It's not like the Rockets would not have been in the NBA Finals regardless. You seem to forget that the Rockets and Bulls play in different conferences. Plus, Vernon Maxwell gave Jordan fits when we played them, and the Rockets were like the only team to have a winning record against the Bulls during the Jordan era I believe.

Double-Up
09-30-2008, 05:45 PM

Fuck the Mavs...your 2nd option is dumber that a bag of hammers and your franchise player is a known choker...remember the 2006 finals???!?!!

Double-Up
09-30-2008, 05:46 PM

I agree what more can I say.

GuerillaBlack
09-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Can we have intelligent basketball talk, and not things like "FUCK TEH MAVS!!!" or "WHAT KIND OF NAME IS ROX LOLS!!" It's dumb.

lefty
09-30-2008, 05:55 PM
I dont get it.

For injuries, healing = winning a round.

Ok, that was lame :depressed

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 05:56 PM
fucking owned, except they choked away a certain NBA trophy...even worse.

what kind of dumbass logic is this? So you'd rather be knocked out in the first round every year than have a finals appearance?

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Fuck the Mavs...your 2nd option is dumber that a bag of hammers and your franchise player is a known choker...remember the 2006 finals???!?!!

Fuck the "Rox"...your 2nd option is a fragile faggot not capable of staying healthy and your franchise player is known as a fragile faggot not capable of staying healthy...remember the several first round exits???!?!!

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Can we have intelligent basketball talk, and not things like "FUCK TEH MAVS!!!" or "WHAT KIND OF NAME IS ROX LOLS!!" It's dumb.

If roxfans is involved that's not possible due to his obsession with the mavpricks.

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 06:00 PM

Making it to the championship round does carry a bigger burden than what you're used to :toast

How many times again has T-Mac's teams blown a 2 game lead?

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
1. Spurs
2. Mavs.
4. Rockets

The Franchise
09-30-2008, 07:16 PM
1. Spurs
2. Mavs.
4. Rockets

Wake up Rip Van Winkle. :lol

SimonHymen
09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
LMAO.You Mav fans try to educate me on a subject that's about as worthless as male nipples then you say the Rockets swept the Indiana Pacers after they defeated the Bulls in the 95' ECF.

The NBA doesn't exist to Mav fans in the 90's. Can't say I blame you.

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
LMAO.You Mav fans try to educate me on a subject that's about as worthless as male nipples then you say the Rockets swept the Indiana Pacers after they defeated the Bulls in the 95' ECF.

The NBA doesn't exist to Mav fans in the 90's. Can't say I blame you.

Do Rockets fans know how to fucking read? Every last one of these assholes has displayed the intelligence of a retarded 8 year old.

I SAID THE ORLANDO MAGIC BEAT THE PACERS IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. THEY BEAT THE BULLS IN THE ROUND BEFORE THAT. YOU STUPID FUCK.

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 07:58 PM
The Magic, whom we swept, beat the Bulls with Jordan in the East Finals.

HOW IN THE FUCK DOES THAT TURN INTO "THE ROCKETS SWEPT THE PACERS AFTER BEATING THE BULLS IN THE PLAYOFFS"?

Seriously, the entire Rocket Fan group here is absolutely, without a doubt, the most mentally handicapped group on this site. God Damn they are so fucking stupid.

GuerillaBlack
09-30-2008, 08:05 PM
HOW IN THE FUCK DOES THAT TURN INTO "THE ROCKETS SWEPT THE PACERS AFTER BEATING THE BULLS IN THE PLAYOFFS"?

Seriously, the entire Rocket Fan group here is absolutely, without a doubt, the most mentally handicapped group on this site. God Damn they are so fucking stupid.

Don't group us all together yo. I personally don't like some of the arrogant post from my fellow Rockets fans, but they're getting hyped for this season. As for me, I'm just taking it slow. I don't want to be massively disappointed again.

Aw hell, who the fuck am I kidding, Rockets NBA Champions this season!!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

:toast

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM

Listen fuckface, if it was so easy to get an nba title when jordan was off and then partially off, why the fuck didn't the mavs rise up and win back to back titles? Perhaps because they sucked ass? That's right. You can say what you want about them being knockoffs all fucking day long, but when it is all said and done the Rockets are on the win side of this column and the Mavs, well, they are on the losing side. Suck it bitch.
Btw, the rox passed on Jordan in 1984 for Akeem the dream, so those two players being tied like this does not bother me at all.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j11/rampage_g22/4banners-1.jpghttp://images.usatoday.com/sports/gallery/hakeem/block.jpg
they may be dusty (trophies), but hey if you don't have them, they can't collect dust. Mavs don't have that problem, cause they suck, always have, always will.

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 08:37 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You guys were 1 game away from being taken out by the fucking Knicks, luckily for you Patrick Ewing & John Starks pulled the choke job of a lifetime.

oh wait let me make this reply for you guys:

heh heh hehehe you mean a choke job like the MAVS! me so smart! lallala! .

there now you guys don't have to bother replying to that part.

WRONG, here you go, its no bother at all:

Mavs have ZERO titles, and the closest they ever got to one was choked away by Pussy Nowitzki and company. K, now shut the fuck up. You think just because you made that comment that somehow I won't remind you of your pathetic choke ass franchise. Suck it.

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 08:52 PM
+1.
I don't think they'll miss the playoffs, but Rocket fans gotta quit being so ignorant about the reasons for everyone's skepticism. They can be good IF everything goes right, but I personally hope something big will go wrong.

fixed

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 08:57 PM

Every NBA season has ended with the MAVS NOT winning a title (from the beginning of their existance in 1980, thats 28 yrs of sucktitude), why should you expect anything different. Mavs should just forfeit the season.

See how stupid that sounds^^

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Then suck on this bitch:

Dullass Mavpricks.

mavs suck.

Dude, that was so gay.

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 09:01 PM

we tried, but then trolls hit up in this motherfucker. I'm on the defensive, not the offensive.

21_Blessings
09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Ah how pathetic. Mavs fan still think their team is relevant in the Western Conference. :lol

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
what kind of dumbass logic is this? So you'd rather be knocked out in the first round every year than have a finals appearance?

Of course I want a finals appearance, however it is worse to fall flat on your ass 1" from the finish line imho.

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2006/10/23/320x240/images_sizedimage_296175448.jpg

Sunday's Chicago Marathon runner, Robert Maverick Cheruiyot is expected to make a complete recovery after falling and hitting his head at the finish line, but should not run again for one to three months, doctors said Monday

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Dude, I am so gay.

fixed

GTFO

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-30-2008, 09:09 PM
fixed

GTFO

Rockette fan mad.

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 09:11 PM
backdoor fucking sweep!

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Don't group us all together yo. I personally don't like some of the arrogant post from my fellow Rockets fans, but they're getting hyped for this season. As for me, I'm just taking it slow. I don't want to be massively disappointed again.

Aw hell, who the fuck am I kidding, Rockets NBA Champions this season!!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

:toast

don't play peacemaker with monosylab1k, he will be the first one to celebrate a key injury to the rockets. You see, if the rockets win a championship, it will kill him inside and he may commit suicide. Misery loves company.

dirk4mvp
09-30-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm on the defensive, not the offensive.

Mavs have ZERO titles, and the closest they ever got to one was choked away by Pussy Nowitzki and company. K, now shut the fuck up. You think just because you made that comment that somehow I won't remind you of your pathetic choke ass franchise. Suck it.

Well it looks like mono was right.

Do Rockets fans know how to fucking read? Every last one of these assholes has displayed the intelligence of a retarded 8 year old.

Roxsfan
09-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Rockette fan mad.

Fuck you bitch.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
This thread is way out of control, and well I like it.

Carry on.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Please rape me.

Fixed.

Kai
09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Agreed. The maturity level of some of the posters on here is horrible. Even though I hate to say it, the Rockets seem to have the most immature posters (amount, not maturity level, you all act like monkeys) on this site.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
This thread is way out of control, and well I like it.

Carry on.

:lol

SimonHymen
09-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Agreed. The maturity level of some of the posters on here is horrible. Even though I hate to say it, the Rockets seem to have the most immature posters (amount, not maturity level, you all act like monkeys) on this site.

You can't rape a Maverick without first going apeshit. That's my defense.

sook
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yMPYW1cLs0

That was the way tmac played in just abuot every game that yr. For the magic to lose when they have a player playing on that level amazes me.

You mention their losing season but you don't mention the times he took them to the playoffs, the series vs the pistons would have been legendary if he came out with the victory, for a 1 man 8th seed team to beat a team so well built like the pistons is hard to believe.

00-01 ORL 33.8ppg
01-02 ORL 30.8ppg
02-03 ORL 31.7 ppg

To your point, Kobe is better than t-mac b.c tmac is a puss and is always injured, he lacks that killer mentality.

Kai
09-30-2008, 10:06 PM

That was the way tmac played in just abuot every game that yr. For the magic to lose when they have a player playing on that level amazes me.

You mention their losing season but you don't mention the times he took them to the playoffs, the series vs the pistons would have been legendary if he came out with the victory, for a 1 man 8th seed team to beat a team so well built like the pistons is hard to believe.

00-01 ORL 33.8ppg
01-02 ORL 30.8ppg
02-03 ORL 31.7 ppg

To your point, Kobe is better than t-mac b.c tmac is a puss and is always injured, he lacks that killer mentality.

Are you trying to make the case that T-Mac was better than Kobe? Go ahead and argue all you want, but that was not the topic.

T-Mac is not Kobe. No contest. T-Mac is tremendous, but Kobe is the closest to Jordan we might ever see.

sook
09-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Are you trying to make the case that T-Mac was better than Kobe? Go ahead and argue all you want, but that was not the topic.

T-Mac is not Kobe. No contest. T-Mac is tremendous, but Kobe is the closest to Jordan we might ever see.

no i wasn't, tmac is nowhere near Kobe for w.e reasons. If you cared to read my post and the one i was quoting, it was aimed against his claim that mcgrady can't lead a team and his team won 21 games. He was bringing up 1 example so i countered it with his playoff numbers.

Kai
09-30-2008, 10:23 PM
no i wasn't, tmac is nowhere near Kobe for w.e reasons. If you cared to read my post and the one i was quoting, it was aimed against his claim that mcgrady can't lead a team and his team won 21 games. He was bringing up 1 example so i countered it with his playoff numbers.

Okay, gotcha. I thought you were just trying to say T-Mac was better than Kobe at one point in his career.

Many PackYao
09-30-2008, 10:55 PM
It's not like the Rockets would not have been in the NBA Finals regardless. You seem to forget that the Rockets and Bulls play in different conferences. Plus, Vernon Maxwell gave Jordan fits when we played them, and the Rockets were like the only team to have a winning record against the Bulls during the Jordan era I believe.
Thats what I was trying to explain to him. I think he's just playing devil's advocate to keep all the rockets fans riled up.:nope

ShoogarBear
09-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome back, kids! Hope you had a good summer!

sook
09-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Welcome back, kids! Hope you had a good summer!

thnx

21_Blessings
09-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Rockets will probably finish top 3, but their annual first round exit is imminent. Artest is good, but T-Quit/Yao remain huge raging vaginas that couldn't win a big game if their lives depended on it.

Allanon
09-30-2008, 11:55 PM
If the Rockets stay healthy they should be right there with the Lakers and Spurs competing for the WCF. The rest of these teams (mavs, hornets, blazers, jazz) are just wasting their fans time and hard earned money. Tmac is a good player, hes just soft. I think Scola and Artest should really shine on this team with Yao and Tmac being the focus. We'll see...:toast

Cruel but true. +1

The Third Man
10-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Tracy McGrady was in worse shape when he dropped 40 on the Jazz in game 6. The Rockets will be fine. Having a team with depth means they are better able to handle the million injuries they'll get. It's not on McGrady, it's Yao. If he's healthy they can beat anybody. Big if, of course...

AC#21_TD ERA
10-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Tracy McGrady= Half man, Half season.

21_Blessings
10-01-2008, 02:06 AM

More like 1/3 man, 1/3 season, 1/3 1st round exit

ambchang
10-01-2008, 08:20 AM
What will be your take if he wins a championship this year?

It would still be the same. A championship doesn't make a player better or worse, those are for lazy media types who needs to make a living writing things about basketball, but has very little basketball knowledge to start off with.

A good basketball player is a good basketball player, regardless of whether he won a championship (which is a team accomplishment). It would make his career more complete, but it still won't make him a better basketball player.

ambchang
10-01-2008, 08:33 AM

00-01 ORL 33.8ppg
01-02 ORL 30.8ppg
02-03 ORL 31.7 ppg

Great numbers, and I would agree that he did try his best, but the fact is he still couldn't haul them out of the 1st round.

The other thing is, I am not saying that a player of his caliber underachieved by exiting in the 1st round. A big chunk of his career, and especially the Orlando days, that is what you expect with the roster he has.

However, it is pretty ridiculous that one of his teams only won 21 games for a whole season. I know team success ultimately lies with the team, but I struggle to find another superstar who, without missing a significant amount of time with injuries, would have his team win only 21 games for a whole season, including a stretch of 19 straight losses.

McGrady is a great individual talent, but for some reason I still couldn't figure out, doesn't bring in the wins.

ambchang
10-01-2008, 08:34 AM

Stop insulting monkeys!

stretch
10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Kobe is definitley better. But I have always said, and feel that T-Mac had more potential, talent, and physical gifts. But he wasn't quite as tough as Kobe mentally, and constantly dealt with injuries.

Double-Up
10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Rockets will probably finish top 3, but their annual first round exit is imminent. Artest is good, but T-Quit/Yao remain huge raging vaginas that couldn't win a big game if their lives depended on it.

Funny you should mention that I'm sure the girl the Kobe "allegedly" raped wouldn't like you disrespecting vagina's like that. Why are Laker fans so arrogant??

platenuts
10-01-2008, 12:25 PM

Well said.

Indazone
10-01-2008, 12:34 PM
This does not bode well for the Rockets over the course of the season. I'm enough of a realist to know that T-Mac's minutes have got to be managed otherwise he'll be a wreck come playoff time. We got 4 banged up starters from last season still recovering from surgeries. Makes ya wonder if 3 months is enough time to recover. Somehow I don't think it is. I think Adelman and Morey have to figure out how to play the youngsters a lot more minutes in the early part of the season to give the veterans a chance for their bodies to heal up more.

Right now the injury concerns are:

Yao -Foot
T-Mac - Knee Shoulder
Alston - Knee
Battier - Foot
Landry - Knee
Francis - Quadriceps
Barry - Calf

That's half the team right there...yikes!

dirk4mvp
10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Yao -Foot
T-Mac - Knee Shoulder
Alston - Knee
Battier - Foot
Landry - Knee
Francis - Quadriceps
Barry - Calf

Artest - Brain

Kai
10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Great numbers, and I would agree that he did try his best, but the fact is he still couldn't haul them out of the 1st round.

The other thing is, I am not saying that a player of his caliber underachieved by exiting in the 1st round. A big chunk of his career, and especially the Orlando days, that is what you expect with the roster he has.

However, it is pretty ridiculous that one of his teams only won 21 games for a whole season. I know team success ultimately lies with the team, but I struggle to find another superstar who, without missing a significant amount of time with injuries, would have his team win only 21 games for a whole season, including a stretch of 19 straight losses.

McGrady is a great individual talent, but for some reason I still couldn't figure out, doesn't bring in the wins.

I agree with your post, but think for a second, maybe he has matured since those days? Ask any Laker fan if they think that Kobe was a leader back in the day. Then ask them if Kobe is a leader now. T-Mac couldn't get it done then, but that doesn't mean he can't do it now/in the future.

J_Paco
10-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I hate to say this, but other than the L.A. Lakers, the remaining teams in the Western Conference will be in a mad dash throughout the season for positioning. Every team out west (including the Lakers) have concerns about chemistry and remaining healthy. Yet, the Rockets have the most to gain or lose do in part to these two factors. Optimism is awesome early on in the season, but you've gotta temper that with realistic expectations.

If I was a Rocket fan may expectations would be, challenging the divisional/conference crown and (finally) exiting the first round. Anything past that would have to be golden, IMO.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
10-02-2008, 12:15 AM

We'll ride those vaginas all the way to the finals, bitch.

Like gasol, kobe and bynum aren't big pussies :sleep

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/kobeinside.jpg

ambchang
10-02-2008, 08:17 AM
I agree with your post, but think for a second, maybe he has matured since those days? Ask any Laker fan if they think that Kobe was a leader back in the day. Then ask them if Kobe is a leader now. T-Mac couldn't get it done then, but that doesn't mean he can't do it now/in the future.

After 10 years in the league, it really is hard for me to assume that T-Mac would just suddenly get it and know how to win.

Kobe on the other hand, matured under the guidance of one of the best coaches in the history of the league. TMac never had that luxury.