PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals predictions ( spurs are in trouble )

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2005, 09:15 PM
OK, Everyone believes that the Spurs' chances of facing Miami in the finals are huge.

So let's say Miami VS Spurs in the finals...

I truly thought the Spurs were a lock to win it all, but since Alonzo is going to join the Heat, we could be in deep shit.

Covering Shaq and Mourning will be hard as hell, I mean, shaq needs to be controlled, and if the Spurs interior defense is too focused in on that, they still have mourning. If they both played at the same time... :depressed :depressed

I think the best way to stop Shaq is by taking him out of the game by drawing fouls, because then he has to sit the bench.

Duncan + Rasho vs. Shaq + Mourning
Which force will be more dominant?

ZStomp
02-11-2005, 09:17 PM
You're worried about Mourning? Why?

He probably won't even be there. No offense to his ailment.

I wouldn't worry about Mourning. I'm not. He's not the same player he was. Anything can happen but just because he signed with the Heat doesn't 'scare' me.

BRING IT ON BITCHES!

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Mourning and shaq are both a physical presence, and if they are both on the court together...think about the rebounds they'll get.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2005, 09:22 PM
I just hope Rasho's soft pussy is able to handle Shaq and Mourning. That's all.

BronxCowboy
02-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't count on Mourning playing in the finals. Or even in the playoffs for that matter. If he makes 15 appearances for the Heat, he'll be doing good.

Rummpd
02-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Fine Spurs counter with Rose + Duncan more.
Rose can rebound with Mourning all day that is why I would keep him around.

Second, Heat not a lock for finals. I am still sticking with Pistons. Wallace x 2 etc. can handle that front line and they can also shut down Wade when motivated.

Also the confounder if Artest back Pacers could be in mix. Relax even if they make Finals and Spurs get there Spurs still a deep and powerful team.

SequSpur
02-11-2005, 10:14 PM
If Alonzo is healthy, the whole NBA better lookout, because the paint will be shutdown with Mourning and Shaq in it.

ALVAREZ6
Rummpd I agree with you, but, the Pistons aren't really playing Piston ball this season.

I'm just saying, I'm a little bit more concerned, that's all.

rr2418
One thing about Mourning is if the Spurs can frustrate him, he'll get away from his game, similar to what Bowen did to Carter tonight. Mourning is a force, but once rattled, everything seems to go sour.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2005, 10:15 PM
If Alonzo is healthy, the whole NBA better lookout, because the paint will be shutdown with Mourning and Shaq in it.
That's exactly what I don't want to happen.

I'm not convinced that Rasho can handle them

exstatic
02-11-2005, 10:22 PM
If Alonzo is healthy...
That's a
IF

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I just realized that Zo is coming back to the Heat, I forgot about his past...oops

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2005, 10:24 PM
If you would have just left it at Miami playing great ball right now, I would have agreed with you.

But I'm supposed to worry about our chances now because of a 36 year old with bad kidneys?

myhc
02-11-2005, 10:24 PM
That's a
IF

Alonzo won't even play that much. I say he gets 15-20 minutes max if he does play. I heard an interview with him today and that's all he's really hoping for. Its not like he's going to be banging around Tim all game. I'm worried more about Detroit and the Wallaces than Shaq and 15 minutes of Alonzo.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2005, 10:25 PM
But I'm supposed to worry about our chances now because of a 36 year old with bad kidneys?
OK, we will see how worried you are when Rasho doesn't know what to do with 2 monsters in his paint.

Rummpd
02-11-2005, 10:26 PM
I was one of those over a month ago wondering why the Spurs did not go after Mourning vs. Malone.

Heat will be tougher but still I take Spurs. It is times like this though when I wish we had Willis for 5-10 minutes of banging like last year or the year before. That guy will play for years seemingly.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2005, 10:34 PM
All Alonzo Mourning will be doing is changing ties to wear on the bench during the playoffs. WGAF?

myhc
02-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I was one of those over a month ago wondering why the Spurs did not go after Mourning vs. Malone.

Heat will be tougher but still I take Spurs. It is times like this though when I wish we had Willis for 5-10 minutes of banging like last year or the year before. That guy will play for years seemingly.

Alonzo would never have thought about coming here in the first place. Think about it. Miami is his home. The Heat is where he spent most of his career and I'm sure he still has strong ties to the organization. He wouldn't be willing to uproot his whole family and move to San Antonio. He's really looking to be comfortable and with his health and all, Miami really is ideal for him. Its also the team with a great shot of getting to the Finals.

td4mvp21
02-11-2005, 11:04 PM
how about we get to the finals first and THEN well worry about it

Experiment2100
02-11-2005, 11:06 PM
We'll get Bowen to wack his only remaining kidney.

td4mvp21
02-11-2005, 11:07 PM
^LOL thats is hilarious

ducks
02-11-2005, 11:31 PM
will sha

ducks
02-11-2005, 11:32 PM
will shaq and zo be in the game at the same time

will spurs trade for a player
will shaq even be healthy then
wiill pistons or pacers beat out the heat
will the heat even get to the finals will the spurs?

The_Game
02-12-2005, 01:29 AM
We'll get Bowen to wack his only remaining kidney.

thats not funny, what Zo went through was no laughing matter. He's lucky to be still here.

anyway i still think detroit with the wallace's and their backcourt will pull through.

Jimcs50
02-12-2005, 09:10 AM
You will see tomorrow how little I worry about the Heat.

Que Gee
02-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Alonzo, is not the Alonzo of 8 years ago....Alonzo now, is at best the "equivilent" of a Rasho...I wouldn't worry about him that much come on, don't get caught up in the name.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Is Mourning playing on Sunday???

If he does, we will see what the truth is. I am just a little concerned, that's all.

Spurminator
02-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Mourning's sole purpose is to spell Shaq during the regular season so he will be rested in the playoffs. Worrying about Mourning himself is silly... If he plays at all in the Playoffs, it won't be more than about 10 minutes per game. You should be more concerned with Udonis Haslem than Alonzo Mourning.

Extra Stout
02-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Mourning terrifies me. Remember back in 2001 when the Lakers were steamrolling through the West playoffs, but then Sean Elliott stopped them in their tracks?

Same thing here. Nobody will be able to get past Mourning. Thirtysomething players who can't take anti-inflammatories are money, I tell you.