PDA

View Full Version : Pastors Violate Federal Tax Law

Nbadan
09-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Time for the IRS to start stepping on throats...

IkCTxyOHDPc

Yesterday, 9/28, over thirty Pastors challenged the IRS by endorsing John McCain, directly or indirectly, during Sunday sermons. Today, Megyn Kelly reported that a group of Pastors violated the IRS law by preaching about the "moral qualifications" of the candidates. Kelly, looking pleased with herself, opened an interview with Pastor Jodi Hice, a participant in "Pulpit Freedom Sunday", by showing a clip, frequently shown on FOX, of a Jeremiah Wright's sermon about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.

Kelly and Hice talked around the fact that this group of Pastors are either openly endorsing McCain or openly condemning Obama from their pulpits which threatens their tax-exempt status.

The Christian Science Monitor reports :

"The Alliance Defense Fund (ADF), a conservative legal group based in Arizona, recruited the pastors for "Pulpit Freedom Sunday" to press their claim that the IRS tax code violates the free speech of religious leaders."

"I have a First Amendment right to say whatever I want to say, and I've never thought it was appropriate that as a pastor I could not share my political concerns with the congregation," says the Rev. Gus Booth, pastor at Warroad Community Church in Warroad, Minn.

Mr. Booth will endorse Sen. John McCain on Sunday, and has already told his congregation that as Christians, they could not vote for Sen. Barack Obama due to his position on abortion."

Newshounds (http://www.newshounds.us/2008/09/29/pastors_openly_defy_irs_law_with_mccain_endorsemen ts.php#more)

whottt
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106016

baseline bum
09-29-2008, 11:43 PM
"I have a First Amendment right to say whatever I want to say, and I've never thought it was appropriate that as a pastor I could not share my political concerns with the congregation," says the Rev. Gus Booth, pastor at Warroad Community Church in Warroad, Minn.

I wholeheartedly agree. The churches should also pay their dues to the nation like every other business.

Clandestino
09-30-2008, 12:24 AM
if churches paid taxes you would see less of the john hagee/joel osteen types.