PDA

View Full Version : Un Freaking Believable

101A
09-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Less than 40 days from a United States Presidential Election...and THAT is not the lead story. AND what is the lead story has HUGE political and economic ramifications. AND neither of the two major candidates is a serious voice, or leader on either side of the issue.

They want to be president?

Pussies.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Less than 40 days from a United States Presidential Election...and THAT is not the lead story. AND what is the lead story has HUGE political and economic ramifications. AND neither of the two major candidates is a serious voice, or leader on either side of the issue.

They want to be president?

Pussies.

he's practicing
http://www.snopes.com/politics/graphics/obamaphone2.jpg

Tully365
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
It's as bad as being at war but having a media that never shows blood or death.

DarrinS
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
What are you talking about? Obama rallied all the house dems to get behind this bailout. Oh, wait.

CubanMustGo
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
What are you talking about? McCain rallied all the house repubs to get behind this bailout. Oh, wait.

Bartleby
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
And Obama didn't even have to suspend his campaign to do it.

101A
09-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Go ahead, divide up and pretend YOUR guy has stepped up, or is somehow DOING something through this.

They both are relatively invisible on this; not wanting to touch the plutonium that is this bailout; but wanting their finger on the button because THAT responsibility they can handle.

Pussies.

clambake
09-30-2008, 12:58 PM
why not leave it in W's lap? thats what i'd do.

Bartleby
09-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Go ahead, divide up and pretend YOUR guy has stepped up, or is somehow DOING something through this.

They both are relatively invisible on this; not wanting to touch the plutonium that is this bailout; but wanting their finger on the button because THAT responsibility they can handle.

Pussies.

I think we're all pretty much on the same page here.

I see a lot of sarcasm in this thread but nobody suggesting either guy has stepped up his game during this crisis and done something meaningful.

lebomb
09-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Its W's issue.....he is the dayum president. Obama and McCain can throw in their two cents, but its not up to them to solve this fuck up.

spurster
09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Look what happened to McCain. He made a big deal of going to DC and helping to craft a compromise, and then the House Republicans used him to help muck things up.

101A
09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Its W's issue.....he is the dayum president. Obama and McCain can throw in their two cents, but its not up to them to solve this fuck up.

They want to be PRESIDENT; it's their job to fix EVERY FUCK UP!!! Bush is as lame as a duck can get; he has no forum, or pulpit to preach from that anyone gives a damn about...THEY HAVE THEM!!

YOU want a president that says, "Not my problem?" Are you an idiot?

101A
09-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Look what happened to McCain. He made a big deal of going to DC and helping to craft a compromise, and then the House Republicans used him to help muck things up.

McCain says he wanted the bailout passed. You fail.

What do McCain or Obama like/not like about the bailout plan?

Where do they stand, other than blaiming each other's parties on how we got there? What are EITHER doing to educate the country on what is going on; they've both got gazillions to do it with, after all.

They want, and have personal hubris to believe they deserve, to have the title and responsiblity of most powerful person on the face of the planet. But RIGHT NOW there is a crises, and neither is picking up the ball. Too afraid they'll get it wrong, and screw up their election chances.

Bravo, pussies.

Shastafarian
09-30-2008, 01:13 PM

What do McCain or Obama like/not like about the bailout plan?

Where do they stand, other than blaiming each other's parties on how we got there? What are EITHER doing to educate the country on what is going on; they've both got gazillions to do it with, after all.

They want, and have personal hubris to believe they deserve, to have the title and responsiblity of most powerful person on the face of the planet. But RIGHT NOW there is a crises, and neither is picking up the ball. Too afraid they'll get it wrong, and screw up their election chances.

Bravo, pussies.

Obama gave a speech today that was supposed to outline what the bailout was really intended to do. I missed it but I'm sure there will be clips later. I'm not totally sure McCain understands what the bailout is. That worries me.

spurster
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM

You misunderstood. McCain put his credibility on the line to help get a compromise out. He thought there one worked out with the House Republicans, and then they turned on him. Now instead of any credit going to McCain, he comes out a loser instead of a leader because his party refused to follow him.

Basically, the same thing can be said for Obama, though he went about it less publicly, and he got a higher percentage of Democratic votes, so he doesn't look like as much of a loser, but he's a loser here, too.

So that's how Congress helped out their respective candidates. It doesn't give Obama and McCain much incentive to make things happen, especially when Bush doesn't seem to be putting out much. Is Bush going to the House and the Senate to lobby for the bailout?

2centsworth
09-30-2008, 01:42 PM

he's not the king, we need congress.

101A
09-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Is Bush going to the House and the Senate to lobby for the bailout?

With his approval ratings? You're a congressman, worried about your job, and you switch your vote because BUSH asked you to???? Suicide.

McCain or Obama COULD give the 13 congressmen necessary to pass this the political cover they need; to a certain extent. Hell, they could go on TV and try to convince America it is the right thing to do - whatever. THEY are the ones that want to be president, they are the ones that are trying to convince us they can solve problems, that they are uniquely qualified for the position!

This is a great opportunity to PROVE IT.

JoeChalupa
09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Obama called George today to discuss this issue so he's doing his part so STFU.

101A
09-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Obama called George today to discuss this issue so he's doing his part so STFU.

And I sent George a letter; wouldn't take my call. Elect me.

When Obama takes the lead (after all, he wants it); I'll STFU, otherwise, no reason to.

hater
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
I agree they are both pussies and imbeciles to stay away from economy talk at this point.

on the other hand, they are running a campaign so they are doing what the campaign managers advise.

101A
09-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I agree they are both pussies and imbeciles to stay away from economy talk at this point.

on the other hand, they are running a campaign, and they are pussies, so they are doing what the campaign managers advise.

Thanks and fixed.

Bartleby
09-30-2008, 05:22 PM
You're a congressman, worried about your job, and you switch your vote because BUSH asked you to???? Suicide.

I guess that would make them pussies as well.

Look, it's no secret that the public is overwhelmingly against the bailout as it is presently constituted. McCain and Obama sure as hell know this and realize the potential cost of going against the tide.

You can rant about how they should do something bold, but it's naive to think they would commit political suicide on this, especially when it's obvious that people on both sides of the aisle are worried about covering their own ass first and foremost. Neither McCain nor Obama can change that no matter what they say or how much they stick their own necks out.

spurster
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Both McCain and Obama have said they are in favor of the bailout (I mean "rescue"), so they are sticking out their necks a little bit. They are just not in DC twisting arms for votes, which is what W should be doing.

ElNono
09-30-2008, 07:48 PM
And I sent George a letter; wouldn't take my call. Elect me.

When Obama takes the lead (after all, he wants it); I'll STFU, otherwise, no reason to.

I would vote for you(!). Why didn't you win the primaries?