PDA

View Full Version : Dancing on the Star: Starring Tank, T.O., and a guy named Rock

ducks
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Dancing on the Star: Starring Tank, T.O., and a guy named Rock
By MJD
After the Redskins won the final game they'll ever play in Texas Stadium, Redskins running back Rock Cartwright pulled a page out of the Terrell Owens playbook and celebrated in the middle of the big blue star at midfield. Cartwright's grand contribution to the Redskins win was three kick returns for 71 yards. :lol:lol

Dallas defensive tackle Tank Johnson didn't care for it, and, says Jason La Canfora of the Redskins Insider, had to be restrained from laying the smackdown on the Rock.

"This is how it is. When you win, you win with class. When you lose, you lose with class," Johnson said. "One of their guys, Cartwright, took it upon himself to celebrate on our star.

"It's the fourth game of the season. No one has accomplished anything but a win. That's just disrespectful and I don't think we'd do that to them. And I'm surprised he did that to us."

Oh. So I assume Tank has had this same talk with Terrell Owens, then?

I guess I agree with Tank that it was sort of a bush league move for Cartwright, of all people, to make a show of celebrating on the big blue star, but I also don't know when the Dallas Cowboys were appointed the arbiters of class. Especially when there's a fellow on their roster who invented the practice in question.

I'm not one who's going to get all worked up about the desecration of a piece of turf with blue paint on it, but I understand that it might mean more to the Cowboys and their fans. From my perspective, the big injustice here is that someone held Tank Johnson back. A post-game brawl would've really brightened my day.http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dancing-on-the-Star-Starring-Tank-T-O-and-a-?urn=nfl,111252

Trainwreck2100
09-30-2008, 02:52 PM
pretty stupid move if you are going to play them again

K-State Spur
09-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Too much is being made of this.

Rock was just celebrating where he was - which when you are the deep guy in the victory formation following a failed onside kick...puts you right in the middle of the star.

When Tank Johnson goes 3 consecutive years without having his house filled with illegal guns, then he can call someone else out for something.

samikeyp
09-30-2008, 05:48 PM
While I disagree with this latest craze over the last few years of logo dancing and flag planting, Tank Johnson should be more worried about his defense getting gashed like it did.

monosylab1k
09-30-2008, 07:54 PM
If you don't like them celebrating on your logo, you had 60 minutes to make sure they couldn't. Too damn bad.

Taco
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
No Video?

Bigzax
10-01-2008, 11:19 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/IONTOP/pwnedstar.jpg

:wakeup