PDA

View Full Version : It's hilarious to see the incredible lengths Republicans go to defend Palin

TheMadHatter
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Now it's the Eastern Elite "gotcha" media's fault for trying to trick Palin with tough questions. Such tough questions as:

What's your opinion of this potential 700 billion dollar bailout?

To which she responded:

Like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this. We're saying, 'Hey, why bail out Fanny and Freddie and not me?' But ultimately what the bailout does is, help those that are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy to help...uh...it's gotta be all about job creation, too. Also, too, shoring up our economy and putting Fannie and Freddy back on the right track and so healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reigning in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. But one in five jobs being created today under the umbrella of job creation.

I'm convinced Republicans would defend a pair of tennis shoes to their death if it were nominated for President by the RNC.

sook
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM
i feel the same way bro, neocons like whott really have me thinking about how defensive some people can be, for them its party first, country second.

If we they literally had shit on a stick running for them they would still be singing

Anti.Hero
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM
We would prefer shit on a stick.

Hey Bob, did you hear ol' shit on a stick wants to raise taxes and nationalize health care?

Jimmy, it's shit on a stick...it can't do that.

sook
09-30-2008, 10:06 PM
We would prefer shit on a stick.

Hey Bob, did you hear ol' shit on a stick wants to raise taxes and nationalize health care?

Jimmy, it's shit on a stick...it can't do that.

:rollin

Wild Cobra
09-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I didn't see that, wish I did. I can only make an educated guess as to what happened. Here it goes:

Palin did say that the people were concerned about it. She tried a style not of her own. She was coached how to do things, and failed to do a good job at tactics she was unfirmiliar with, which is change the subject and place in a point you want to.

I think she tried to use things coached to her. She has always been better of just being herself. It was a bad move on her part to try to play a part.

Shastafarian
09-30-2008, 11:47 PM
I didn't see that, wish I did. I can only make an educated guess as to what happened. Here it goes:

Palin did say that the people were concerned about it. She tried a style not of her own. She was coached how to do things, and failed to do a good job at tactics she was unfirmiliar with, which is change the subject and place in a point you want to.

I think she tried to use things coached to her. She has always been better of just being herself. It was a bad move on her part to try to play a part.

Like when?

Spurminator
09-30-2008, 11:47 PM
She wasn't selected to be herself. She was selected to dupe a thoroughly underwhelmed conservative base into getting excited again about voting Republican in November.

I'm almost at the point of believing that she was never expected to even serve the full first term... that scandal or some form of coercion would force her out of office soon after a Republican victory, because there is no way in hell the people pulling the strings would really want her in the 2nd most powerful office in the country. On the other hand, neocons have proven that they can get a buffoon elected AND REELECTED to promote their agenda, so maybe they're testing the limits of the general public's idiocy with Palin.

I'm beginning to see the appeal of being a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.

TheMadHatter
10-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Even now Republicans are trying to rationalize the irrational.

Just say it. Palin has no business running for vice president of the United States. I know deep down you feel it's true, otherwise you wouldn't fight so hard to defend her.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-01-2008, 12:22 AM
As much defending of Palin people on the right are doing, they've got a long way to go to catch up to the Obama "Truth Squad".

TheMadHatter
10-01-2008, 12:32 AM
The difference is Obama is wise beyond his years.

President of Harvard Law Review (the 1st African American president)
Constitutional Law Professor (1992-2004)
United States Senator (2004-Present)

There is no question this man knows our Constitution and knows how our government works. He knows the global world we live in and the threat of terrorism through his work on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Obama will be ready to go on Day 1, and any shortcomings he may have in foreign affairs will be picked up by his Vice President Joe Biden who has an even more impressive record than McCain in this regard. Obama picked his VP to shore up his own shortcomings for the betterment of this nation, McCain picked his to win an election.

I'm sick and tired of Republicans using this executive experience nonsense argument. Sarah Palin is not wise, she's not well read, she has little understanding of how the world works in comparison to any of the other candidates running. Quite frankly she has no business running for the office she seeks. We've had 8 years of an "average joe" president and it's led to disastrous results. Let's not make the same mistake again.

When the National Review is calling for you to step down, you know you are not qualified

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:44 AM

That's not fair. It takes a lot to get a degree in....journalism. Jesus tap dancing christ. It took her how many different schools to get a degree in journalism?

Buddy Holly
10-01-2008, 03:04 AM

Who gives a shit?

Did he go to five different colleges before successfully getting a degree in... journalism? I bet not. Next.

21_Blessings
10-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Most of the rational, intelligent Republicans I've spoken to don't even try to defend Palin and basically believe the Mccain campaign dug their own grave. Anyone with a brain can realize she is nothing more than a gimmick.

Extremely excited for Palin's Thursday meltdown. It's going to be hilarious watching Biden toy with her.

Clandestino
10-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Now it's the Eastern Elite "gotcha" media's fault for trying to trick Palin with tough questions. Such tough questions as:

To which she responded: Like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this. We're saying, 'Hey, why bail out Fanny and Freddie and not me?' But ultimately what the bailout does is, help those that are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy to help...uh...it's gotta be all about job creation, too. Also, too, shoring up our economy and putting Fannie and Freddy back on the right track and so healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reigning in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. But one in five jobs being created today under the umbrella of job creation.

I'm convinced Republicans would defend a pair of tennis shoes to their death if it were nominated for President by the RNC.

:lmao You guys are all so easily fooled. This was tina fey on saturday night live making fun of sara palin

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 06:42 AM
:lmao You guys are all so easily fooled. This was tina fey on saturday night live making fun of sara palin

Correct. This is the real response:

That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the—it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

101A
10-01-2008, 06:55 AM

Where did Obama teach Con Law?
What are the academic requirements to be president of the Harvard Law Review?

101A
10-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Interesting Read on Obama's Education (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/05/obama-mythical.html)

The lack of a published GPA for the man from ANY institution he attended really raises some questions; especially since his education is touted as one of his significant achievements.

If that education isn't as significant as it appears at its face, what has he ACTUALLY achieved.

Seriously.

What has Barrack Obama EVER done that leads you to believe he is ready for this job at this time?

And don't turn this around on Palin; I'm on record here questioning Palin. Are there any intellectually honest, or even curious, Barrack supporters on here?

21_Blessings
10-01-2008, 07:11 AM
University of Chicago Law School

What has Barrack Obama EVER done that leads you to believe he is ready for this job at this time?

What leads you to believe that he isn't ready for the job at this time?

Anyways, considering Obama's upbringing, do you think it's easy to become the first ever black president of Harvard Law Review or a States senator?

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Palin obsession thread #431

101A
10-01-2008, 07:49 AM
University of Chicago Law School

What leads you to believe that he isn't ready for the job at this time?

Anyways, considering Obama's upbringing, do you think it's easy to become the first ever black president of Harvard Law Review or a States senator?

Easy? Certainly Not.

What leads me to believe that he isn't ready is specifically the lack of any evidence he is ready. He has threatened to sue his schools if they release any of his records. Why? Why is he the only Law Review President in HISTORY that didn't clerk for an appellate judge? That is a tough gig; have a good friend who is on the 5th circuit; I've talked to his clerks; they are very, very sharp people. They get an incredible on-the-job education in his office. Did Obama simply not want this experience, or was he not offered a position?

I suspect it was both. Obama ALWAYS wanted a political career; he did what was best to further that. President of the Law Review, he knew, would make him immune to academic criticism; and it has (along with a willing suspension of curiosity from the MS media).

So, beyond his education, which everyone cites as being an indicator that he must be an intellectual heavyweight, what has Barrack Hussein Obama done, other than get elected to two positions? Tried any siginificant cases? Argue any major decisions? I'll give you that he is "electable". Beyond that, I'm not sure he is much of anything.

The argument, of course, is that Obama will surround himself with intelligent people who know what they are doing. We have learned over the last 8 years, however, that the president being the dumbest guy in the room doesn't work so well. I fear that Obama's meteoric rise to the top is not simply the work of Obama. He is a GREAT campaigner - ANYBODY can see that - some can exploit it.

101A
10-01-2008, 08:19 AM
A Classmate of Obama's chimes in:
(http://www.reason.com/news/show/128461.html)

Wayne Allyn Root's Million-Dollar Challenge

The Libertarian VP candidate wants Barack Obama to release his grades

Matt Welch (http://www.reason.com/staff/show/134.html) | September 5, 2008

Last week, just before Sen. Barack Obama's (D-Ill.) big speech, Tim Cavanaugh and I attended a small fundraiser for Libertarian Party vice presidential nominee Wayne Allyn Root. The chatty Vegas sports bettor, memorably profiled (http://www.reason.com/news/show/127221.html) by David Weigel two months back, was in a mind to talk about a fellow classmate of his at Columbia University back in the early 1980s, a guy by the name of Barack Obama.

Root is no fan of the Democratic nominee: "A vote for Obama is four years of Karl Marx, and no one should be happy about that," he told us and a few genial young libertarian activists over cocktails. "He's a communist! I don't care what anybody says. The guy's a communist.... And his mother was a card-carrying communist, and he says she's the most important person in his entire life; he learned everything from her."
But the thing Root really wanted to talk about was Obama's grades. Specifically, he was willing to bet a million dollars that he earned a better grade point average at Columbia than his old classmate, and that the only reason Obama went on to Harvard Law School was the color of his skin.
Some excerpts from the conversation:
Matt Welch: So tell us what we should know about Barack Obama that we don't?
Wayne Allyn Root: I think the most dangerous thing you should know about Barack Obama is that I don't know a single person at Columbia that knows him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia. Ever!
Welch: Yeah, but you were like selling, you know, Amway in college or something, weren't you?
Root: Is that what you think of me! And the best damned Amway salesman ever!
Welch: No, I'm sure that you were an outgoing young man, I'm just guessing.
Root: I am! That's my point. Where was Obama? He wasn't an outgoing young man, no one ever heard of him.
Tim Cavanaugh: Maybe he was a late bloomer.
Root: Maybe. Or maybe he was involved in some sort of black radical politics.
Welch: Ooooooooooh.
Root: Maybe he was too busy smoking pot in his dorm room to ever show up for class. I don't know what he was doing!
Welch: Wait, you weren't smoking pot in your dorm room?
Root: No, I wasn't. I wasn't. But I don't hold that against anybody, but I wasn't.... Nobody recalls him. I'm not exaggerating, I'm not kidding.
Welch: Were you the exact same class?
Root: Class of '83 political science, pre-law Columbia University. You don't get more exact than that. Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him. At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago, 20th reunion, who was asked to be the speaker of the class? Me. No one ever heard of Barack! Who was he, and five years ago, nobody even knew who he was.
Other guy: Did he even show up to the reunion?
Root: I don't know! I didn't know him. I don't think anybody knew him. But I know that the guy who writes the class notes, who's kind of the, as we say in New York, the macha who knows everybody, has yet to find a person, a human who ever met him. Is that not strange? It's very strange.
Welch: That's peculiar! Do you have any theories?
Root: Don't have any theories. I don't know. Don't know why. Kept to himself.... The only thing I could even imagine is that he talks in his biographies about being, you know, his identity crisis, his "am I black or am I white?" He chose black. And he hung out with a couple of black kids and never went near anybody and his wife? That's the only thing I can think of. All my buddies are white, what can I tell you! They don't know him, nobody's ever seen him, I don't know what to tell you.
Other guy: That's the era.
Root: That's the era. I mean, when I went to Columbia, the black kids were all at like tables going "Black Power!" We used to walk by and go, "What the hell are they talking about." And they didn't associate with us and we didn't associate with them. So if you track down a couple of black students, they'll probably know him. But nobody white's ever heard of this guy. It's quite amazing. Nobody remembers him. They don't remember him sitting in class.
Welch: Black power in '83?
Root: Ha ha. That's Columbia. Colubmia's radical, always was. There was gay power over here, and pot power over here, and black power over there, and Hispanic power over here, and feminism.
Welch: And what was your power?
Root: Oh I was the bookie guy, don't worry about it.... But here's the story that I think the press should be digging up, I really mean this, about Barack Obama. When George Bush annoyed everyone the first thing they went to was how dumb he was, and they said how bad he did in Yale, and blah blah blah, he got a C average. Then they found his C average was better than Al Gore's average, and it was better than John Kerry's average!
Cavanaugh: And then you stopped hearing the story.
Root: Right. But the point is all three of them had C averages. I had a B-plus, A-minus average at Columbia University.
Welch: Wait, you're bragging on your GPA?
Root: No, no I'm not, because here's the moral to the story.... I had a B-plus, A-minus average at Columbia University, in four years. When I graduated, I took the LSATs and I did well. I didn't do great, I did well; B-plus, A-minus average. My counselor at Columbia said don't even bother applying to Harvard Law School, because you can get into any law school in the country with your record, except Columbia, Harvard, Stanford, Princeton [Editor's Note: Princeton doesn't have a law school (http://lapa.princeton.edu/degreeprograms.php)]. Except for the very top, you can get in anywhere, but don't even try those, because your grades don't cut it.
Well, everyone says how bright Barack is, but Barack won't release his transcripts from Columbia University.
Cavanaugh: Hmmmm.
Root: And I'd be willing to bet every dime I have in the world, a million dollars I'll put, I'll put a million dollars cash on the fact—
Welch: This is on the record—
Root: —that my GPA was better than Barack's—
Welch: Oooooh.
Root: ...and he got in based on the color of his skin.
Does anyone doubt that possibly Barack could have gotten into Harvard with a C average because he's black, where as I, white, couldn't get into the same school with a B-plus, A-minus average? And yet his wife says that America is a terrible nation unfair to minorities! I say, Au contraire!
I say the whole problem with America is we are racist against people because of the color of their skin. We're helping people because they're black. We're helping people because they're minority. We're helping people because they're poor. In reality only those who have the most skill and talent should get into Harvard, not because of the color of their skin.
So now I ask out loud in the press, I challenge my classmate to give his GPA against mine. And let's see if he really is the bright guy they all say he is. What if we discover he got into Harvard with a C average? Is he then the brilliant man America thinks he is? That would be a very good question, don't you think?
Welch: The follow-up I want to ask is: What if it's better than yours? You just said a million dollars!
Root: Well, who's taking the bet? I didn't hear anyone accept. No, I'm pretty sure I'm right. I'll go out on a limb. Listen, they always said with O.J. Simpson, you know, never ask the question if you don't know the answer, does the glove fit? I don't know the answer but I'm pretty sure I know the answer. He had a lower average than me and he got into Harvard and I didn't.
And so my answer is, has America really been unfair to minorities? No it hasn't. It was unfair to me. A white butcher's kid, whose father had no money, but nobody gave me a break. And do I have a chip on my shoulder? You're damn right I do. And I represent millions and millions of poor people in this country who weren't lucky enough to be poor and black, they were unlucky enough to be poor and white, and they can't get into Harvard. So maybe that country Barack's fighting for, he's got the wrong country here. He's been just fine in this country. The rest of us need someone to defend them....
Anyway my point is, for those of us in America who want to fight for talent being the determiner of who's successful or not, I'm your representative. Obama's the wrong representative. And for those who disagree, I say: I'm for affirmative action—I think the NBA should be 80 percent white. [...]
Welch: And are you hitting this note as you're doing all this media that you're doing from Nevada and stuff?
Root: I actually haven't; I brought it up tonight to you guys for the first time because I think reason is the right media to bring it up with, without being painted as a racist. Because I don't have a racist bone in my body.

cool hand
10-01-2008, 08:20 AM
she is a moron.

101A
10-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Never mind. I found my answer.

He has sponsored TWO WHOLE BILLS that became law as a U.S. Senator.

I Love Me Some Me
10-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Now I'm not trying to defend Palin...I think she gets one shot tomorrow night to prove her readiness...BUT...why has no one in the media, this board, or anywhere else vetted Obama with the scrutiny and fine toothed comb that everyone seems to be after Palin with?

Everytime someone asks a question about Obama's readiness, the reply is that he's well-spoken and educated. And if someone asks to point to his accomplishments, Obama defenders deflect to something else.

I can't really pinpoint why so many are after Palin so fervently, yet Obama's similar lack of experience and accomplishments get overlooked by those same people.

Findog
10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Just read the transcript of the new Palin interview with Couric. To sum up, she couldn't name a single current events magazine that she reads when asked, couldn't name Time, Newsweek or US News and World Report. Hell, does People count?

Said a teenage girl who has been raped by her father should carry the baby to term. She also seemed confused about what RU-486 is.

When asked about homosexuality, said her best friend is a lesbo and had "made a choice" she didn't agree with, but they were friends nonetheless.

101A
10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Just read the transcript of the new Palin interview with Couric. To sum up, she couldn't name a single current events magazine that she reads when asked, couldn't name Time, Newsweek or US News and World Report. Hell, does People count?

Said a teenage girl who has been raped by her father should carry the baby to term. She also seemed confused about what RU-486 is.

When asked about homosexuality, said her best friend is a lesbo and had "made a choice" she didn't agree with, but they were friends nonetheless.

I agree; I don't believe Palin has demonstrated a capacity to be President. Her accomplishments, and presence, do not add up to that.

Neither has Obama.

Findog
10-01-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree; I don't believe Palin has demonstrated a capacity to be President. Her accomplishments, and presence, do not add up to that.

Neither has Obama.

Obama has demonstrated he has the intelligence to do the job. He just hasn't spent 26 years in DC being a typical Beltway insider.

I Love Me Some Me
10-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Obama has demonstrated he has the intelligence to do the job. He just hasn't spent 26 years in DC being a typical Beltway insider.

Instead he picked a man who's spent 35 years in DC being a typical insider.

And I don't see where he's demonstrated he has the intelligence to be President. Because of his education? Because he's a good public speaker? There are plenty of well-educated public speakers who aren't necessarily presidential material.

And why do we always stack Obama up against Palin, and not McCain? Would it be because Obama would look like an amateur when compared to a man like McCain?

101A
10-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Obama has demonstrated he has the intelligence to do the job.

Link.

Seriously.

JoeChalupa
10-01-2008, 09:10 AM
What link? Obama is showing his calmness and intelligence during this fiasco.

I Love Me Some Me
10-01-2008, 09:11 AM

What intelligence? Where has he provided his input and incredible intelligence to this situation?

101A
10-01-2008, 09:27 AM

Calm = Intelligence?

Damn, not setting the bar too high, are we?

Come on, somebody present some kind of evidence that Obama is MORE than a campaigner. What has he actually done other than convince people to vote for him?

Anti.Hero
10-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Obama is intelligent because Bush is stoooooopid.

LOL @ you guys not being able to admit he is just a charismatic dude being pumped with talking points by the men behind the desk.

Findog
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
And why do we always stack Obama up against Palin, and not McCain? Would it be because Obama would look like an amateur when compared to a man like McCain?

Who is "we?" I don't. McCain has already demonstrated he's not Presidential material.

Findog
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Link.

Seriously.

That's my opinion, just as its your opinion that he's an empty suit. Anyone gonna change their minds in this thread?

101A
10-01-2008, 10:01 AM
That's my opinion, just as its your opinion that he's an empty suit. Anyone gonna change their minds in this thread?

No, that's not the point - we shouldn't need to have an opinion; there should be no question.

I find it amazing that everyone assumes Barrack has this great intellect. I'm asking for evidence. I'm not voting for the guy; I'm skeptical.

A constitutional law professor without ANY publications or opinions to his name?

No disclosure of his school records? Hell, we even know what Bush's GPA was - and it was nothing to write home about.

I fear we are about to elect another puppet to the White House, frankly.

Findog
10-01-2008, 10:03 AM
There's a difference between Bush and Obama. Bush was sometimes Palin-esque in that he didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I never find that with Obama.

clambake
10-01-2008, 10:03 AM
if you cared about GPA you would never have voted for bush. there goes that angle.

Anti.Hero
10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
There's a difference between Bush and Obama. Bush was sometimes Palin-esque in that he didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I never find that with Obama.

Do the Obama blind folds come in the same sizes as the Palin ones, and do they do next day air?

101A
10-01-2008, 10:13 AM

Go watch his town hall meetings. The campaign has learned not to do that.

Findog
10-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Do the Obama blind folds come in the same sizes as the Palin ones, and do they do next day air?

Obama is at the top of the ticket. Joe Biden has 26 years in the Senate and is well-versed in foreign and domestic affairs. Can you say the same about Bible Spice?

101A
10-01-2008, 10:19 AM
if you cared about GPA you would never have voted for bush. there goes that angle.

A low GPA does not define someone as an idiot; plenty of intelligent people have low GPA's. However, few idiots have high GPA's (from good universities). Obama having a high GPA would be an indicator of intelligence and/or accomplishment.

George Bush had been a governor from Texas in his second term; had owned a couple of businesses, had been a fighter pilot; his resume was much longer than Obama's.

A resume trumps whatever happened during one's education, for better or worse.

Obama has neither a sparkling post, or pre education cv, imo. He has electability; unless I'm missing something.

101A
10-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Obama is at the top of the ticket. Joe Biden has 26 years in the Senate and is well-versed in foreign and domestic affairs. Can you say the same about Bible Spice?

Biden has a presidential resume.

Findog
10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Biden has a presidential resume.

He serves the same function as Cheney did for Bush.* I personally believe Obama is up to the job, just my opinion. But for swing and undecided voters that don't necessarily share that sentiment, Biden is a reassuring pick.

* What, you thought Delaware's 3 electoral votes needed to be locked down?

101A
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
He serves the same function as Cheney did for Bush.* I personally believe Obama is up to the job, just my opinion. But for swing and undecided voters that don't necessarily share that sentiment, Biden is a reassuring pick.

* What, you thought Delaware's 3 electoral votes needed to be locked down?

Cheney was much more of a driving force for Bush than Biden is for Obama. Cheney was one of the intelligent people behind Bush setting policy agendas and manipulating things. Biden is not that.

Findog
10-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Cheney was much more of a driving force for Bush than Biden is for Obama. Cheney was one of the intelligent people behind Bush setting policy agendas and manipulating things. Biden is not that.

And thank God for that! Biden WILL be given some sort of portfolio as Veep, and there's no question that he can step in if needed.

101A
10-01-2008, 10:34 AM
And thank God for that! Biden WILL be given some sort of portfolio as Veep, and there's no question that he can step in if needed.

My fear is there are people with agendas we don't see playing the Cheney role in an Obama presidency. Or even there is no great intellect involved, and this is all just a culmination of events that have gotten Barrack here so fast.

He's gonna be president. We'll see.

clambake
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
George Bush had been a governor from Texas in his second term; had owned a couple of businesses, had been a fighter pilot; his resume was much longer than Obama's.

A resume trumps whatever happened during one's education, for better or worse.

Obama has neither a sparkling post, or pre education cv, imo. He has electability; unless I'm missing something.

it wouldn't require much of an autopsy to discover what caused the death of this post.

ploto
10-01-2008, 11:39 AM
why has no one in the media, this board, or anywhere else vetted Obama with the scrutiny and fine toothed comb that everyone seems to be after Palin with?

Where have you been? This playing Palin as some victim who is more scrutinized than the rest is hilarious. I can assure you- if Obama was speaking that incoherently people would be talking about it.

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Just read the transcript of the new Palin interview with Couric. To sum up, she couldn't name a single current events magazine that she reads when asked, couldn't name Time, Newsweek or US News and World Report. Hell, does People count?.

Can someone find me an instance in US history where a candidate was asked to list the periodicals they read?

thanks

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Where have you been? This playing Palin as some victim who is more scrutinized than the rest is hilarious. I can assure you- if Obama was speaking that incoherently people would be talking about it.

omHUsRTYFAU

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Can someone find me an instance in US history where a candidate was asked to list the periodicals they read?

thanks

Is it a tough question? Maybe no one asked it before because no one assumed the candidate couldn't answer it.

I Love Me Some Me
10-01-2008, 12:15 PM

Post an Obama quote with all his "uhhh"s and "ummmmm"s typed out and it would be a little less coherent than we all think.

And I didn't portray Palin as a victim. I said, specifically, that she needed to prove herself in the upcoming debate. BUT...she is scrutinized more, and she is asked questions I don't remember any other candidate being asked.

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 12:20 PM

What a stupid question. Why does it matter that she doesn't read these?

So, that's her opinion and doesn't mean she imposes it of others. Seems confused? What's the link to the transcript please.

What's wrong with that? That's how I feel. I disagree with the lifestyle, but I don't shun the people I know for such choices.

Findog
10-01-2008, 12:22 PM

thanks

She was asked where she gets her news. Is she so dumb she can't list Time or Newsweek?

I suppose she didn't want to tell the truth and answer Newsmax or freerepublic.com

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
She was asked where she gets her news. Is she so dumb she can't list Time or Newsweek?

I suppose she didn't want to tell the truth and answer Newsmax or freerepublic.com

Who's ever been asked that?

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
What's wrong with that? That's how I feel. I disagree with the lifestyle, but I don't shun the people I know for such choices.

I see you missed the purpose of what Findog said. Almost all gay people I know of tell me it ISN'T a choice.

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Is it a tough question? Maybe no one asked it before because no one assumed the candidate couldn't answer it.

It's not a tough question, it's a dumb question.

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Who's ever been asked that?

Who gives a shit? It's an easy question. Are you saying it was "gotcha journalism"? :lol

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:25 PM
It's not a tough question, it's a dumb question.

Irrelevant. She couldn't answer it. It being a dumb question doesn't matter. Unless she was purposefully trying to look like an idiot to stick it to Couric for asking a "dumb" question.

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Paper or plastic?

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 12:27 PM
What if she were asked a REAL question and she just answered "That's above my pay grade."?

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:28 PM
What if she were asked a REAL question and she just answered "That's above my pay grade."?

Obama was asked when life begins. Maybe you presume to know but he didn't want to answer definitively. Oh he was also at a fucking church.

Findog
10-01-2008, 12:28 PM
What a stupid question. Why does it matter that she doesn't read these?

Considering how incoherent and stupid she has come across, it's a fair question to ask her what news sources she consumes. All she had to do was say Time or Newsweek and we wouldn't be talking about this.

So, that's her opinion and doesn't mean she imposes it of others. Seems confused? What's the link to the transcript please.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/30/eveningnews/main4490618.shtml

Couric: If a 15-year-old is raped by her father, do you believe it should be illegal for her to get an abortion, and why?

Palin: I am pro-life. And I'm unapologetic in my position that I am pro-life. And I understand there are good people on both sides of the abortion debate. In fact, good people in my own family have differing views on abortion, and when it should be allowed. Do I respect people's opinions on this. Now, I would counsel to choose life. I would also like to see a culture of life in this country. But I would also like to take it one step further. Not just saying I am pro-life and I want fewer and fewer abortions in this country, but I want them, those women who find themselves in circumstances that are absolutely less than ideal, for them to be supported, and adoptions made easier.

Couric: But ideally, you think it should be illegal for a girl who was raped or the victim of incest to get an abortion?

Palin: I'm saying that, personally, I would counsel the person to choose life, despite horrific, horrific circumstances that this person would find themselves in. And, um, if you're asking, though, kind of foundationally here, should anyone end up in jail for having an … abortion, absolutely not. That's nothing I would ever support.

Couric: Some people have credited the morning-after pill for decreasing the number of abortions. How do you feel about the morning-after pill?

Palin: Well, I am all for contraception. And I am all for preventative measures that are legal and save, and should be taken, but Katie, again, I am one to believe that life starts at the moment of conception. And I would like to see …

Couric: And so you don't believe in the morning-after pill?

Palin: ... I would like to see fewer and fewer abortions in this world. And again, I haven't spoken with anyone who disagrees with my position on that.

Couric: I'm sorry, I just want to ask you again. Do you not support or do you condone or condemn the morning-after pill.

Palin: Personally, and this isn't McCain-Palin policy …

Couric: No, that's OK, I'm just asking you.

Palin: But personally, I would not choose to participate in that kind of contraception.

Nobody is talking about throwing abortion recipients in jail. It's not out of the mainstream to be pro-life, but being against abortion when a teenage girl is the victim of incest, that is pretty hard to stomach.

What's wrong with that? That's how I feel. I disagree with the lifestyle, but I don't shun the people I know for such choices

It's not a "choice." It's hard-wired from birth. Science has pretty much covered this. And it's easy to see that from there, a person can say "Hey, you can stop being discriminated against as soon as you stop being gay."

And man, oh man, I made it through fifth grade, so I can at least answer "Brown vs. Board of Education."

http://wonkette.com/403181/much-hyped-pinnacle-of-palin-retardation-to-air-tonight

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/yet_another_gruesome_palin_int.php

Why is it so hard to admit she's not qualified? Why is so hard to admit she's entered the "Eagleton Zone" and replace her with Susan Collins, Liddy Dole, Kay Bailey or some other GOP vayjayjay?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM

There is no question this man knows our Constitution and knows how our government works. He knows the global world we live in and the threat of terrorism through his work on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Obama will be ready to go on Day 1, and any shortcomings he may have in foreign affairs will be picked up by his Vice President Joe Biden who has an even more impressive record than McCain in this regard. Obama picked his VP to shore up his own shortcomings for the betterment of this nation, McCain picked his to win an election.

I'm sick and tired of Republicans using this executive experience nonsense argument. Sarah Palin is not wise, she's not well read, she has little understanding of how the world works in comparison to any of the other candidates running. Quite frankly she has no business running for the office she seeks. We've had 8 years of an "average joe" president and it's led to disastrous results. Let's not make the same mistake again.

When the National Review is calling for you to step down, you know you are not qualified

If he is so constitutional, why is he so adamantly opposed to the first and second amendments?

He has his lawyers running around trying to attempt to silence anyone who opposes him (1st amendment), and every piece of legislation he has supported in reference to gun rights goes against every fiber of the second.

So give me a fucking break, quit shoveling bullshit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Post an Obama quote with all his "uhhh"s and "ummmmm"s typed out and it would be a little less coherent than we all think.

And I didn't portray Palin as a victim. I said, specifically, that she needed to prove herself in the upcoming debate. BUT...she is scrutinized more, and she is asked questions I don't remember any other candidate being asked.

Come on, grilling Palin while Biden gets asked what he wanted to be when he grew up as a little kid is totally fair and unbiased coverage by Charlie Gibson.

Findog
10-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Correction: She was asked what SC case she disagreed with besides R v. W. I don't disagree with B vs Board, but good fucking god, she's never heard of Dredd Scott?

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:38 PM
If he is so constitutional, why is he so adamantly opposed to the first and second amendments?

He has his lawyers running around trying to attempt to silence anyone who opposes him (1st amendment), and every piece of legislation he has supported in reference to gun rights goes against every fiber of the second.

So give me a fucking break, quit shoveling bullshit.

Some of his people were looking for ethics laws violations. Ethics LAWS. I also missed the part of the bill of rights where it says, "you have the right to bear assault weapons." Maybe we should read it literally. You can only have flintcock pistols and muskets. There, stop bitching about your M-16.

Findog
10-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Supreme Court in what respect, Katie?

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Considering how incoherent and stupid she has come across, it's a fair question to ask her what news sources she consumes. All she had to do was say Time or Newsweek and we wouldn't be talking about this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/30/eveningnews/main4490618.shtml

Thanx for the link. I will read it sometime.

I see nothing stupid about the quotes you posted. She simply answerd in her own way, and it doesn't help to be cut off before she finishes.

Nobody is talking about throwing abortion recipients in jail. It's not out of the mainstream to be pro-life, but being against abortion when a teenage girl is the victim of incest, that is pretty hard to stomach.

And she gave her opinion. She stated it well. She would council of adoption. She never said she would eliminate legal abortion.

It's not a "choice." It's hard-wired from birth. Science has pretty much covered this. And it's easy to see that from there, a person can say "Hey, you can stop being discriminated against as soon as you stop being gay."

Let's not argue about that point. The fact is, she said she is still friends.

Why is it so hard to admit she's not qualified? Why is so hard to admit she's entered the "Eagleton Zone" and replace her with Susan Collins, Liddy Dole, Kay Bailey or some other GOP vayjayjay?

I will agree she is not as experienced in big government. That's it. She is qualified in all ways that matter, especially the fact she isn't an elitist. She knows real common people.

What executive experience does Obama have? That is a key factor in my opinion. Not being a "DC insider."

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I will agree she is not as experienced in big government. That's it. She is qualified in all ways that matter, especially the fact she isn't an elitist. She knows real common people.

Have you ever been to Alaska?

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Correction: She was asked what SC case she disagreed with besides R v. W. I don't disagree with B vs Board, but good fucking god, she's never heard of Dredd Scott?

It would've been real funny if she had said Bush v. Gore.

Findog
10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
It would've been real funny if she had said Bush v. Gore.

Actually it would've been funny if she said she disagreed with Brown. Gotta lock up Mississippi's electoral votes.

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Findog;

Thanx for the link, but that's an edited one. Here is the complete trascript:

Transcript: Palin And McCain Interview (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/30/eveningnews/main4490788.shtml)

I do see differences and ommissions. Was the program taped and edited, or live?

Read the unedited transcript. They does clearly understands what the Morning After Pill is and does not say it should be illegal, not does she say abortion should be.

I put both in WORD documents to archive. The edited version takes 5 pages, the complete version takes 12 pages!

She does know her stuff!

Fucking editors!

Findog
10-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Findog;

Thanx for the link, but that's an edited one. Here is the complete trascript:

Transcript: Palin And McCain Interview (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/30/eveningnews/main4490788.shtml)

I do see differences and ommissions. Was the program taped and edited, or live?

Read the unedited transcript. They does clearly understands what the Morning After Pill is and does not say it should be illegal, not does she say abortion should be.

Thanks.

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Palin: …experts are who say that it would take 20 years. As the governor of an energy-producing state, we're supplying 16, 17 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy coming from my state. And as the former chairman of the Interstate Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, the geologists, the petroleum engineers whom I speak with are saying it can be done a lot quicker than 20 years from now. And, remember ANWR is a 2,000-acre plot that's in the midst of 21 million acres. That's not where the supply of domestic energy sources is, though, necessarily. I mean, that's not the be-all, end-all. Offshore is where the supply of energy is. And we'll tap into that.

No. 3.5%. I thought she was an expert on energy?!?!?!

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 01:09 PM
No. 3.5%. I thought she was an expert on energy?!?!?!
Care to count the mistales Biden and Obama make?

Wow... TV during the depression...

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Care to count the mistales Biden and Obama make?

Wow... TV during the depression...

Only problem is Palin KEEPS saying this. She has said it at least 3 times in various interviews. So either she doesn't know or she's lying. Take your pick.

nkdlunch
10-01-2008, 01:15 PM
at least she doesn't have Hepatitis B

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Only problem is Palin KEEPS saying this. She has said it at least 3 times in various interviews. So either she doesn't know or she's lying. Take your pick.

Can you show me the exact quotes and timeframes of the three remarks? Were they the same day before anyone pointed it ot, or is it more leftist propaganda?

MannyIsGod
10-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Are people here really saying they need proof of Obama's intelligence?

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Can you show me the exact quotes and timeframes of the three remarks? Were they the same day before anyone pointed it ot, or is it more leftist propaganda?

:lol leftist propaganda?

She said it in the Gibson interview, the Couric interview and here's your third

MV9rW25bT5o Go to the 1:38 mark

I wouldn't doubt she has said it more.

Here's the Gibson transcript:

GIBSON: But this is not just reforming a government. This is also running a government on the huge international stage in a very dangerous world. When I asked John McCain about your national security credentials, he cited the fact that you have commanded the Alaskan National Guard and that Alaska is close to Russia. Are those sufficient credentials?

PALIN: But it is about reform of government and it's about putting government back on the side of the people, and that has much to do with foreign policy and national security issues Let me speak specifically about a credential that I do bring to this table, Charlie, and that's with the energy independence that I've been working on for these years as the governor of this state that produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy, that I worked on as chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, overseeing the oil and gas development in our state to produce more for the United States.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Some of his people were looking for ethics laws violations. Ethics LAWS. I also missed the part of the bill of rights where it says, "you have the right to bear assault weapons." Maybe we should read it literally. You can only have flintcock pistols and muskets. There, stop bitching about your M-16.

Give me a fucking break. It's not about assault weapons.

* he supported a bill banning handguns in Illinois.

* he stated he backed the D.C. gun ban, which was declared unconstitutional

* he's on the record as supporting banning all semi-auto weapons. That includes handguns, or semi-auto rifles and shotguns.

* he's also favored attacking ammunition sales and making it harder to buy ammunition

* he's in favor of a U.N. treaty that wants to ban all handguns worldwide

Yep, those clearly all focus on M-16s and AK-47s. You're such a liberal hack.

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Give me a fucking break. It's not about assault weapons.

* he supported a bill banning handguns in Illinois.

* he stated he backed the D.C. gun ban, which was declared unconstitutional

* he's on the record as supporting banning all semi-auto weapons. That includes handguns, or semi-auto rifles and shotguns.

* he's also favored attacking ammunition sales and making it harder to buy ammunition

* he's in favor of a U.N. treaty that wants to ban all handguns worldwide

Yep, those clearly all focus on M-16s and AK-47s. You're such a liberal hack.
A liberal hack? That's rich coming from you. Maybe I just don't think it's necessary for people to have firearms. Go find me a study that shows people with guns are LESS likely to die from gunshot wounds than a person that doesn't own a gun.

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 01:37 PM
:lol leftist propaganda?

She said it in the Gibson interview, the Couric interview and here's your third

I wouldn't doubt she has said it more.

"Energy being tapped" specifically means oil and gas. She excludes coal, hydro, wind, etc. with that qualifier.

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 01:43 PM
"Energy being tapped" specifically means oil and gas. She excludes coal, hydro, wind, etc. with that qualifier.

Two things:

1) When did she say "being tapped"

2) I'd like to see where that's the accepted vernacular. "tapped" could just be a nice little filler word and considering she didn't say it when she threw out her "20%" claim I'd have to see it said in context.

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Two things:

1) When did she say "being tapped"

2) I'd like to see where that's the accepted vernacular. "tapped" could just be a nice little filler word and considering she didn't say it when she threw out her "20%" claim I'd have to see it said in context.

She specificall used that term when talking only about oil and gas just prior to the statement that does not specify oil and gas!

101A
10-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Are people here really saying they need proof of Obama's intelligence?

Got any?

Seriously, what has he done?

The answer to that has been "President Harvard Law Review" - which before 1972 meant quite a bit, but since, not so much.

He is going to be the next POTUS. I cannot change that. Ease my mind. Make me feel comfortable with this. Show me where he has accomplished something of signifigance beyond self-aggrandizement. What he has run. A movement he has led (beyond on simply in support of HIM).

He was a professor of constitutional law, but has no publications. He has been a U.S. senator, but has not done anything exceptional there. Other than being an eloquent black man, what has this guy ever done to indicate he can handle the mess he's being handed?

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 02:08 PM
She specificall used that term when talking only about oil and gas just prior to the statement that does not specify oil and gas!

...that makes no sense. She said, "Alaska currently produces about 20% of the U.S. domestic supply of energy". How on earth can you deny that she is wrong?

baseline bum
10-01-2008, 02:19 PM

It's not a make or break issue to me whether she believes sexual orientation is a choice, but I think it's a bit ignorant to claim so. Every homosexual person I've ever known tells me he/she was born that way. As a man, I've been attracted to women sexually as long as I can remember; it was never a choice, and I think there's no way in hell anyone could ever make a logical argument to convert me to the other side.

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 02:19 PM
...that makes no sense. She said, "Alaska currently produces about 20% of the U.S. domestic supply of energy". How on earth can you deny that she is wrong?
I don't question that. When I look at such things, I look at the complete context and timeline. Two of your examples are old. The Couric interview has her specifying oil and gas only just before making the statement. The oldest, the MTV interview, shows she was in factual error. She has been corrected, and changed her statement accordingly. Nobody is perfect, and the manner she did it, even though unclear to some, shows that she knows what she is talking about.

If you are so unforgiving of mistakes, then how badly do you hate Obama and Biden?

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't question that. When I look at such things, I look at the complete context and timeline. Two of your examples are old. The Couric interview has her specifying oil and gas only just before making the statement. The oldest, the MTV interview, shows she was in factual error. She has been corrected, and changed her statement accordingly. Nobody is perfect, and the manner she did it, even though unclear to some, shows that she knows what she is talking about.

If you are so unforgiving of mistakes, then how badly do you hate Obama and Biden?

The Gibson interview is old?!?!?!?

Again I'm not seeing what you're talking about

Palin: …experts are who say that it would take 20 years. As the governor of an energy-producing state, we're supplying 16, 17 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy coming from my state.

101A
10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I think Palin is using "energy" when she should be using "oil". Her number is exaggerated in that light, but not nearly as much.

Begs the question, however, if she knows about coal, natural gas, hydro, wind etc....

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 02:30 PM
It's not a make or break issue to me whether she believes sexual orientation is a choice, but I think it's a bit ignorant to claim so. Every homosexual person I've ever known tells me he/she was born that way. As a man, I've been attracted to women sexually as long as I can remember; it was never a choice, and I think there's no way in hell anyone could ever make a logical argument to convert me to the other side.

Fine. We disagree there. There are also studies showing it is an aquired trait rather than genetic.

The most prevelant thing I noted in people I knew growing up has to do with social pressure. Before grade school end, boys and girls start noticing each other. However, this is phicically, a hormonal thing. Some teenagers still haven't had a liking for the opposite sex until high school. Hormones apply themselves at unequal timeframes. It becomes a though when social pressures become strong that people really like the same sex better. This is one of several things that can happen. With the teaching that same sex couples are OK, kids early on don't think anything about it antil after they engrain fantisies in the heads. Not the only thing, but one of several ways it does happen.

I will agree that some cases are genetic. I just don't believe that the numbers we see today can be atributed to genetics. I say more ae from aquired learning and pressure rather than genetic.

Bigzax
10-01-2008, 02:36 PM
pssst...we're voting for President...

you some low hanging fruit pickin mothafuckas...

JoeChalupa
10-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Pssst....the VP takes over if the Pres is down and that is one scary mothafuckin' thought.

I Love Me Some Me
10-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Seriously.

And don't turn this around on Palin; I'm on record here questioning Palin. Are there any intellectually honest, or even curious, Barrack supporters on here?

What leads me to believe that he isn't ready is specifically the lack of any evidence he is ready.

So, beyond his education, which everyone cites as being an indicator that he must be an intellectual heavyweight, what has Barrack Hussein Obama done, other than get elected to two positions? Tried any siginificant cases? Argue any major decisions? I'll give you that he is "electable". Beyond that, I'm not sure he is much of anything.

Her accomplishments, and presence, do not add up to that.

Neither has Obama.

Link.

Seriously.

Come on, somebody present some kind of evidence that Obama is MORE than a campaigner. What has he actually done other than convince people to vote for him?

No, that's not the point - we shouldn't need to have an opinion; there should be no question.

I find it amazing that everyone assumes Barrack has this great intellect. I'm asking for evidence.

Got any?

Other than being an eloquent black man, what has this guy ever done to indicate he can handle the mess he's being handed?

Why doesn't anybody ever answer these questions?

baseline bum
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM

I hate this argument. Palin's the one who's getting McCain his support from the base. If he gets elected and then pushes Palin off to the side, he will have no shot of being re-elected. I doubt McCain will give Palin the level of power Bush gave Cheney, but he's a guaranteed one-term president (if elected) if Palin isn't an important and powerful part of his administration.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Why doesn't anybody ever answer these questions?Obama is quite smart.

And he's a weak candidate.

It's amazing he's ahead.

That's how badly the Republicans suck, including Palin.

clambake
10-01-2008, 02:57 PM
how come nobody recognizes his worldwide appeal?

you guys are always bitching about other countries not shouldering any weight.

those countries were being prudent by not cooperating with bush or mccain.

obama will be a symbol for world unity.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 02:58 PM

you some low hanging fruit pickin mothafuckas...McCain picked Palin.

He really sucks at this.

101A
10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Obama is quite smart.

And he's a weak candidate.

It's amazing he's ahead.

That's how badly the Republicans suck, including Palin.

Betting his IQ doesn't touch Hillary's, and certainly not Bills - at least there is no evidence it does.

Not just the Republicans.

The Dems couldn't touch him, either.

Svengali?

101A
10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
how come nobody recognizes his worldwide appeal?

you guys are always bitching about other countries not shouldering any weight.

those countries were being prudent by not cooperating with bush or mccain.

obama will be a symbol for world unity.

Oh Fuck.

World Unity?

Are you serious? THAT NAIVE???? Each country is going to look out for #1; make no mistake. I'm afraid with Obama, we might be taking urugula to a gun fight - and that's just with our allies!

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Betting his IQ doesn't touch Hillary's, and certainly not Bills - at least there is no evidence it does.There is no evidence it doesn't either. Now if you made the Harvard Law Review you could tell me all about how smart you had to be.

Not just the Republicans.

The Dems couldn't touch him, either.

Svengali?None of that made any sense. Use your words.

clambake
10-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh Fuck.

World Unity?

Are you serious? THAT NAIVE???? Each country is going to look out for #1; make no mistake. I'm afraid with Obama, we might be taking urugula to a gun fight - and that's just with our allies!

so thats why you bitch about other countries. you don't trust them. but you trust your own. THAT NAIVE????

not to mention other countries own our ass. THAT NAIVE????

101A
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
There is no evidence it doesn't either. Now if you made the Harvard Law Review you could tell me all about how smart you had to be.

Harvard doesn't release statistics on grades/LSAT's for anything outside of the middle 50th percentile. No way of knowing how low the standard is for an African American. I'd be willing to be my undergrad would be competitive with Barrack's, however. Have no way of knowing. Harvard Law Review is an elected position within the School now; it used to hold academic requirements; it no longer does. Obama is apparently the ONLY editor to not clerk for a judge, however. We don't know why he holds this distinction.

None of that made any sense. Use your words.

You remarked that Obama is only leading because the Republicans picked such a weak candidate in McCain. Well, a whole bunch of Democrats also lost to him Were they all lesser candidates, as well?

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Harvard doesn't release statistics on grades/LSAT's for anything outside of the middle 50th percentile. No way of knowing how low the standard is for an African American.Ah, the old all blacks are affirmative action cases. How delightfully prejudiced of you!
I'd be willing to be my undergrad would be competitive with Barrack's, however.Now you sound like Wild Cobra. Keep it up!
Have no way of knowing. Harvard Law Review is an elected position within the School now; it used to hold academic requirements; it no longer does. Obama is apparently the ONLY editor to not clerk for a judge, however. We don't know why he holds this distinction.And none of that has anything to do with Obama's intelligence.

You remarked that Obama is only leading because the Republicans picked such a weak candidate in McCain. Well, a whole bunch of Democrats also lost to him Were they all lesser candidates, as well?Clinton was complacent, and she was the only serious competition. Obama outsmarted her.

Heh.

There's your evidence.

101A
10-01-2008, 03:15 PM
so thats why you bitch about other countries. you don't trust them. but you trust your own. THAT NAIVE????

not to mention other countries own our ass. THAT NAIVE????

I don't trust my own govt. that's for damn sure; but it is the only one I've got. And I certainly don't see it as some kind of all important goal to sing kum-ba-ya with my fellow travelers on this rock.

I simply can't believe, that in a thread where I have requested Obama's credentials to be president the ONLY arguments thus far has been, "The rest of th World likes him." and "He's not John McCain".

Great. Woot fucking woot. Barrack On.

101A
10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
And none of that has anything to do with Obama's intelligence.

...and you sarcastically brought up my non-admission to the law review because?

Clinton was complacent, and she was the only serious competition. Obama outsmarted her.

Heh.[/quote]

Obama's campaign, and a media with an agenda, outsmarted her.

I find it hilarious that everybody here thinks the Tina Fey as Palin SNL is so spot on and relevent, but don't remember what they had to say about Obama and his treatment just a few months ago.

clambake
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't trust my own govt. that's for damn sure; but it is the only one I've got. And I certainly don't see it as some kind of all important goal to sing kum-ba-ya with my fellow travelers on this rock.

I simply can't believe, that in a thread where I have requested Obama's credentials to be president the ONLY arguments thus far has been, "The rest of th World likes him." and "He's not John McCain".

Great. Woot fucking woot. Barrack On.

so, you think it's about singing a song? how profound. those "travelers" of which you speak own the part of "the rock" you're standing on.

I Love Me Some Me
10-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I find it hilarious that everybody here thinks the Tina Fey as Palin SNL is so spot on and relevent, but don't remember what they had to say about Obama and his treatment just a few months ago.

word

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 03:23 PM
...and you sarcastically brought up my non-admission to the law review because?I didn't know you were Harvard Law in the first place. Tell us about how smart you were to get in there.

Obama's campaign, and a media with an agenda, outsmarted her.He was very smart to surround himself with such competent campaign people. Get over it, Wild 101Abra. He's better than you.

I find it hilarious that everybody here thinks the Tina Fey as Palin SNL is so spot on and relevent, but don't remember what they had to say about Obama and his treatment just a few months ago.They were probably spot on then too. I don't watch SNL, but I watch the YouTubes if they are posted. The funniest thing about Fey's Palin bit was when she gave a Palin line verbatim. That was funnier than anything she could have written.

Crookshanks
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
This pretty much sums up the intelligence of the average voter - how scary is that?!

clambake
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
being capable of ignoring the last 8 years up to today - how scary is that?

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Harvard Law Review is an elected position within the School now; it used to hold academic requirements; it no longer does.This is a flat out lie.

It's hilarious to see the incredible lengths you go to try you make yourself think you are better than Obama.

MannyIsGod
10-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Got any?

The answer to that has been "President Harvard Law Review" - which before 1972 meant quite a bit, but since, not so much.

He is going to be the next POTUS. I cannot change that. Ease my mind. Make me feel comfortable with this. Show me where he has accomplished something of signifigance beyond self-aggrandizement. What he has run. A movement he has led (beyond on simply in support of HIM).

He was a professor of constitutional law, but has no publications. He has been a U.S. senator, but has not done anything exceptional there. Other than being an eloquent black man, what has this guy ever done to indicate he can handle the mess he's being handed?

This is unbelievable. You think Barack Obama has an average or below average intelligence? You think the black man got into Harvard and became president Of the Harvard Law Review while being unintelligent? You think he was a professor of constitutional law while being unintelligent?

I'm not going to justify this shit by giving you more ways to show Barack's intelligence. Whether you choose to believe he's the best candidate for President or not questioning his intelligence is a ridiculous.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 03:35 PM
This is unbelievable. You think Barack Obama has an average or below average intelligence? You think the black man got into Harvard and became president Of the Harvard Law Review while being unintelligent? You think he was a professor of constitutional law while being unintelligent?

I'm not going to justify this shit by giving you more ways to show Barack's intelligence. Whether you choose to believe he's the best candidate for President or not questioning his intelligence is a ridiculous.Wild 101Abra is also a Senator and was a professor at a prestigious law school, so you can shut the fuck up.

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 03:37 PM

I'm not going to justify this shit by giving you more ways to show Barack's intelligence. Whether you choose to believe he's the best candidate for President or not questioning his intelligence is a ridiculous.

He's obviously intelligent. He just hasn't done much of anything besides give speeches and write books. Am I being unfair?

MannyIsGod
10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
He's obviously intelligent. He just hasn't done much of anything besides give speeches and write books. Am I being unfair?

Yet we've got a page of posts questioning that very trait. Its fucking idiotic or simply disingenuous to sit here and post that he's anything but very intelligent.

And yes, your second statement is both inaccurate and unfair.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Yet we've got a page of posts questioning that very trait. Its fucking idiotic or simply disingenuous to sit here and post that he's anything but very intelligent. i don't remember seeing anyone question his intelligence.

And yes, your second statement is both inaccurate and unfair.

jj4VK9wVAi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4VK9wVAi0

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 04:13 PM
i don't remember seeing anyone question his intelligence.So you're either blind or have no short term memory.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-01-2008, 04:15 PM
So you're either blind or have no short term memory.
they must've been said by the people i normally ignore. i see them question ability not intelligence.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
they must've been said by the people i normally ignore. i see them question ability not intelligence.So you have 101A on ignore?

OK.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-01-2008, 04:21 PM
So you have 101A on ignore?

OK.
i posted "ignore" not "on ignore". i don't need a silly program to shut out people i don't agree with. i hear both sides

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 04:22 PM
i posted "ignore" not "on ignore". i don't need to have a program to shut out people i don't agree with. i hear both sidesHow do you hear both sides if you ignore so many people?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-01-2008, 04:24 PM
How do you hear both sides if you ignore so many people?
i'm conversing with you aren't i.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 04:25 PM
i'm conversing with you aren't i.But you completely missed both sides of the intelligence argument on this very page.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-01-2008, 04:26 PM
But you completely missed both sides of the intelligence argument.if it'll shut you up then i guess i did.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
if it'll shut you up then i guess i did.You know that won't shut me up, but thanks for admitting you missed it.

ploto
10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Countless folks have said that we all know McCain, and it's necessary to scrutinize every aspect of Obama. Really? I think if you ask the average person, they'll know a lot more about Obama's childhood than McCain, solely by the level of scrutiny.

The truth is, the nation doesn't know much about Palin. And when folks don't know a lot about you, there is an expectation to get to know more. As for Palin, I fundamentally believe that millions of Americans want to know what she thinks about the critical issues of the day and not from reading cue cards.

The McCain camp has done her a huge disservice by treating her like a Faberge egg, totally untouchable. She needed to do multiple media interviews and not keep an arm's distance from the media and, yes, the general public.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/01/martin.palin/index.html

Clandestino
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM

when bush remained calm during 9/11 he was a dumbass according to the liberals.

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM

Uh....sitting doing nothing after someone tells you, "we are under attack" isn't remaining calm. It's being a fucking moron and not telling the classroom you need to leave.

JohnnyMarzetti
10-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Being stupefied is not the same as being calm.

Clandestino
10-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Uh....sitting doing nothing after someone tells you, "we are under attack" isn't remaining calm. It's being a fucking moron and not telling the classroom you need to leave.

was he supposed to duck and cover?

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 07:38 PM

He was supposed to be our Commander in Chief.

Clandestino
10-01-2008, 07:41 PM
He was supposed to be our Commander in Chief.

he did. he remained calm and then later bombed the fuck outta afghanistan...

tell me.. what would you have done in the same situation???

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Were I told America was under attack, I would have thanked the kids and excused myself.

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Were I told America was under attack, I would have thanked the kids and excused myself.

It's ok. He bombed the fuck out of Afghanistan. That war was over pretty quick right?

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 07:48 PM
I also would have had several cabinet meetings about terra before September 2001 and would not have dismantled the counterterrorism effort that existed before I took office, but I'm silly that way.

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 07:56 PM

And do what? Twiddle your thumbs while you wait for more detailed information to come in?

He didn't panic or rush suddenly scaring the kids. He collected his whits, and a few minutes later, addressed the nation from the school.

You know, it does take a few minutes to set up the live feed and pre-empt all the stations for a live speech!

I see you never saw Farenhype 9/11 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427228/) where the Sarasota elementary school principal, Gwen Tose-Rigell,
tells all the truth of the matter.

TheMadHatter
10-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Thank you for proving my point Republicans.

TheMadHatter
10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
And do what? Twiddle your thumbs while you wait for more detailed information to come in?

He didn't panic or rush suddenly scaring the kids. He collected his whits, and a few minutes later, addressed the nation from the school.

You know, it does take a few minutes to set up the live feed and pre-empt all the stations for a live speech!

I think too much is made of what Bush did immediately after being told the news. What we should all be focusing on is what the fuck he did militarily after we got attacked. He invaded Iraq. That was completely inexcusable.

Cry Havoc
10-02-2008, 12:47 AM

I see you never saw Farenhype 9/11 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427228/) where the Sarasota elementary school principal, Gwen Tose-Rigell,
tells all the truth of the matter.

So let's see here....

You're defending Bush's intelligence... the man who doesn't know how to pronounce the word, "nuclear"... something that every President should be intimately familiar with...

And yet you question Obama's intelligence.

I have no words for how ridiculous you are.

Wild Cobra
10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
So let's see here....

You're defending Bush's intelligence... the man who doesn't know how to pronounce the word, "nuclear"... something that every President should be intimately familiar with...

And yet you question Obama's intelligence.

I have no words for how ridiculous you are.
At least I am not a liberal lemming that believes what other people say when it supports my dislike for another. They are lying to you. Although president Bush uses an uncommon pronunciation of the word, unabridged dictionaries show both forms since the 40's or 50's. From an on-line dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nuclear):

Though disapproved of by many, pronunciations ending in \\-kyə-lər\\ have been found in widespread use among educated speakers including scientists, lawyers, professors, congressmen, United States cabinet members, and at least two United States presidents and one vice president. While most common in the United States, these pronunciations have also been heard from British and Canadian speakers.

Read this too (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nuclear), it is the exact on-line text of an older Webster's New International Unabridged Dictionary I have.

I have also read a reference in the past that explains the way president Bush pronounces the word is technically correct when discussing radioactive materials. In the 40's, it became away if distinguishing them between "the nuclear material of living cells."

There are several words pronounced two or more ways. You see nobody from the right being stupid about how some liberal may pronounce a word.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2008, 10:55 PM
And do what? Twiddle your thumbs while you wait for more detailed information to come in?Leave the room and find out what the hell my staffer meant by "America is under attack."

But hey, that's me. You'd make excuses for Bush if he pulled a gun on those kids.

101A
10-03-2008, 07:12 AM
I thought there was definitely an opening at this point of the debate; Palin didn't pounce on it:

BIDEN[/B]]
"And, by the way, a record of change -- I will place my record and Barack's record against John McCain's or anyone else in terms of fundamental accomplishments. Wrote the crime bill, put 100,000 cops on the street, wrote the Violence Against Women Act, which John McCain voted against both of them, was the catalyst to change the circumstance in Bosnia, led by President Clinton, obviously."

That's great, Joe. Now, again, why is that your's AND Barrack's record? Looks like you got your ticket upside-down. Palin should have pointed out that each of those accomplishments were Biden's; Obama hasn't done anything substantive.

florige
10-03-2008, 07:36 AM

:lmao