PDA

View Full Version : Domanick Davis

TheCat5
10-19-2003, 10:52 PM
disappointing game today, particularly from a playcalling perspective, but man, did you guys see Domanick Davis today? His first career start...

27 carries, 129 yards
9 catches, 70 yards

That's practically 200 total yards from scrimmage... he was 2/3 of the offense! And yet again, it's more evidence of the ridiculous amount of importance put on 40 times, size, etc. before the draft. DD was a fourth round pick... but all you had to do was watch a few of his games and you could tell that he is a great football player. Despite his size, he has extremely powerful legs, and while his straight line speed might not blow you away, he has great quickness, which is the most important factor for an NFL RB.

He obviously has a lot of developing to do, but he reminds me a whole lot of a younger Charlie Garner. The size, quickness, leg strength, and the impact as a receiver are all very similar.

SAmikeyp
10-20-2003, 12:54 AM
he is that kid from LSU right? I saw the game. kid's a player.

TastesLikeChicken
10-20-2003, 01:02 AM
I'm not saying he's not for real, but remember it was the Jets, they made Hambrick look like Walter Payton in NY.

TheCat5
10-20-2003, 02:00 AM
yeah, he's from LSU.

And I know it's just the Jets, but he's been doing it all year, just in limited opportunities. Last week, against the Titans on the road, he had 7 carries for 59 yards and 7 catches for 70 yards. He's been terrific in all the games in the opportunities he's had... and after today, I'm even more confident that he can continue it on an every down basis.

KoriEllis
10-20-2003, 05:54 PM
I picked him up in the FSP2 fantasy league, but I didn't play him this weekend.

I don't know that much about him, but he seemed to be good assurance to have on the bench.

TheCat5
10-26-2003, 10:13 PM
his second game as a starter, against a pretty good Colt defense...

25 carries, 109 yards, 2 TD
7 catches, 27 yards

He's legit.