PDA

View Full Version : lmao What a suprise!

Anti.Hero
09-30-2008, 11:18 PM
VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama book

The moderator of Thursday's vice presidential debate between Democrat Sen. Joe Biden and GOP Gov. Sarah Palin is writing a book, to come out about the time the next president takes the oath of office, to "shed new light" on Democratic candidate Barack Obama and other "emerging young African American politicians" who are "forging a bold new path to political power."

Gwen Ifill, of the Public Broadcasting Service program "Washington Week," is promoting "The Breakthrough," in which she argues the "black political structure" of the civil rights movement is giving way to men and women who have benefited from the struggles over racial equality.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=76645

baseline bum
09-30-2008, 11:28 PM
So this is going to be the excuse for Thursday?

Anti.Hero
09-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Not the excuse.

The Executioner.

:lol

Wild Cobra
09-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Assuming that is true, I would guess that this moderator will perposel;y ask questions altready known to be a good question for Biden, and a poor one for Palin.

There is that distinct possibility.

Shastafarian
09-30-2008, 11:46 PM
VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama book

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=76645

World Net Daily? Really? This is getting beyond ridiculous. I've never heard people in the media criticize her for being partisan.

TheMadHatter
10-01-2008, 12:17 AM
"I'll have to get back to ya on that one!"

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-01-2008, 12:27 AM
World Net Daily? Really? This is getting beyond ridiculous. I've never heard people in the media criticize her for being partisan.

:lmao

http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Politics-Race-Age-Obama/dp/038552501X

Shastafarian
10-01-2008, 12:41 AM
:lmao

http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Politics-Race-Age-Obama/dp/038552501X

I wasn't questioning her coming out with a book. I'm questioning this person somehow knowing it has a favorable and biased view towards Obama. Has this person read the book even though it isn't out yet? I doubt it. Is this person basing their assumptions on the fact that Ms. Ifill is also black? I sure hope not. I would love to know how this person, who writes for a blatantly biased website, came by this knowledge that Ms. Ifill has written a partisan book.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 02:52 AM
How is she promoting a book that is coming out next year?

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I think she'll do a good job.

101A
10-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Gwen Ifill is a good reporter. I watch PBS almost exclusively for national news; she is much more impartial than CBS/NBC/ABC.

She'll do a good job.

Wild Cobra
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Have you ever watched a debate? They both get asked the same questions. I have an idea... when Biden gets a question first, Palin can just repeat what he said, and when she gets a question first, she can just say "I'll get back to ya." I bet Dubya loves her.
Yes I have. Can you not think? What if she only asked questions that she knew Biden was fluent at and that Palin probably wasn't. Palin would look bad, right? Or if someone did the reverse. Ask questions that they knew Palin has an understanding of but that Biden might mot. Then Palin has a better chance of looking good.

This is where my fear of bias being used comes into play. Even if it isn't intentional, we all have bias that affects us subconsciously. Having a stake at book sales, wouldn't it sell better if Obama became president? Can you tell me that there would be no incentive to make Biden look better?

Gwen Ifill is a good reporter. I watch PBS almost exclusively for national news; she is much more impartial than CBS/NBC/ABC.

She'll do a good job.
Good. Without knowing her work, and what was said, the conclusion is easy to make that this will be biased.

Geezerballer
10-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Obviously we don't "know" that the moderator will be biased but the conflict of interest is undeniable. She wrote a book about BO. If BO becomes President, she will sell more books than if he doesn't. It's pretty clear to me that the moderator shouldn't be in a position to benefit based on the outcome of the election.

clambake
10-01-2008, 11:35 AM
maybe she wrote a book about obama because she hasn't been in a coma for 8 years.