PDA

View Full Version : LOL Cris Carter

stretch
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvHXUqj2KSQOhYq_1XApQ17.uLYF?slug=cr-winnersandlosers092808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I almost choked when I heard Carter rip former Detroit Lions general manager Matt Millen for drafting wideout duds Mike Williams and Charles Rogers. Maybe Carter doesn’t realize that people actually, you know, keep track of what he says.

Carter helped both Williams and Rogers train before their respective drafts. And this is what he said about that on Sunday: “Matt Millen – do a little undercover work. (Mike) Williams and Charlie Rogers both worked out with me before the draft. I could have told him, don’t draft neither one of them. (He) never asked me.”

That’s interesting because here is what you said about both players just before they were drafted. Carter’s comments about Rogers, to the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel just before the 2003 draft: “He’s very similar – and I don’t like to make a lot of comparisons – to Randy (Moss) in a sense, a big basketball player playing wide receiver. He’s the only receiver that’s come out since Randy that you can make an honest comparison to. He has a yearning to learn.”

And Carter’s comments about Williams, to the St. Paul Pioneer Press just before the 2005 draft: “I think he’s going to be a great player. I think people will be surprised at the kind of person he is. He’s really a hard worker. He takes his training very seriously and wants to be very good.”

So much for consistency.

lol