PDA

View Full Version : wnba finals...

koriwhat
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
so yeah... i'm attending game1 tonight with a buddy of mine. oh god what the hell did i get myself into? my buddy got the tickets and called me up today to see if i wanted to go with so fuck it i guess i'm going to my 1st wnba game.

i can't stand the wnba but whatever i ain't paying. well we'll see tonight whether or not i still can't stand the wnba or whether it finally brings a product i can support. better bring it girls!

JamStone
10-01-2008, 11:49 AM
You simply have to lower your standard of professional basketball when you watch the WNBA in order to appreciate it. You already know there won't be high light dunks and not much fancy passes or shot-making (although several of the ladies on both teams are capable of that). You also have to realize that the game won't come anywhere close to the speed of the NBA and that there will be a lot of jump-shooting. But, the WNBA can definitely entertain if you take it for what it is, a very high level of female basketball. It should be a pretty fun series. These two teams really are two of the top teams in the league. And, Becky Hammon and Deanna Nolan are both worth the price of admission. They are two of the more talented players in the league. You might even be surprised at how good the basketball is capable of being. Bill Laimbeer is also pretty entertaining.

monosylab1k
10-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I've really given the WNBA a chance, forced myself to watch games, and tried to follow a season.....but it's excruciating. It's so slow and boring. Take your typical 1999 Heat-Knicks game (where the final score is 73-67 and the only suspense is wondering which leg Van Gundy was going to grab onto during the 3rd quarter fight) and put it on slow motion, and you've got a slight idea at how boring the WNBA is. I think I've said it before, but there are pickup games at my local rec center more entertaining than any WNBA game.

koriwhat
10-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I think I've said it before, but there are pickup games at my local rec center more entertaining than any WNBA game.

that's pretty much how i feel about women's bball... wnba.

Kriz-Maxima
10-01-2008, 12:06 PM
You simply have to lower your standard of professional basketball when you watch the WNBA in order to appreciate it. You already know there won't be high light dunks and not much fancy passes or shot-making (although several of the ladies on both teams are capable of that). You also have to realize that the game won't come anywhere close to the speed of the NBA and that there will be a lot of jump-shooting. But, the WNBA can definitely entertain if you take it for what it is, a very high level of female basketball. It should be a pretty fun series. These two teams really are two of the top teams in the league. And, Becky Hammon and Deanna Nolan are both worth the price of admission. They are two of the more talented players in the league. You might even be surprised at how good the basketball is capable of being. Bill Laimbeer is also pretty entertaining.

The other day whomever was in charge of the filter missed Laimbeer saying fuck a couple of times.

Sissiborgo
10-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Go Silver Stars...:toast

BlackSwordsMan
10-01-2008, 12:35 PM
San antonio is in the finals!!

DPG21920
10-01-2008, 01:47 PM
It has grown on me. I do not support or follow it as closely as NBA, but I would gladly go to games live, especially in the playoffs. You will enjoy it, just think of them as part of the Spurs family and you will find yourself surprisingly into the game!

Slydragon
10-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm going to say expect allot of lesbians there and not the hot ones but bull-dikes. All the tickets my friend has sold for the finals have been to them and not one straight person.

Reggie Miller
10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
The Houston teams from the first few years of the league were actually pretty damn entertaining. Good ball movement, great athleticism (for the women's game), and high basketball I.Q.s.

T Park
10-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Go Starz.

angel_luv
10-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Go Silver Stars! :)

jman3000
10-01-2008, 05:24 PM
the stars alligned with my schedule and im gonna go to game 2 on friday. i just wont wear my contacts and pretend im watching a pistons/sprus game.

I. Hustle
10-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Go Sprus GO!

Shank
10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I've really given the WNBA a chance, forced myself to watch games, and tried to follow a season......

What the fuck, Mono? I thought you were better than that.

koriwhat
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
so the highlight of the night.... a handful of spurs players and some training camp fodder take their seats. yep that was the highlight for me atleast.

the game itself was a little better all around then i remember it to be back when i caught a game or 2 many yrs ago. with all that said though, the game wasn't much better. so many damn clumsy passes, shots, women falling all over the place, scrapping around, poor choice of shot selection, and much more.

lambierr cracked me up with that tech though. well to conclude, for $5 atleast it was semi entertaining. atleast the stars made it somewhat of a game towards the end when they came within 2 pts.

Anti.Hero
10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
The ending was nothing like the last 2 games I have watched.

I was pretty disappointed but I just tuned into the last 4 minutes like the last two games.

turiaf for president
10-01-2008, 10:59 PM
lol so u went to the track meet to watch horses run up and down the court?

duncan228
10-01-2008, 10:59 PM
The Spurs were there showing their support. So was Robinson.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/street%20clothes/10-1-08starsgame.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/street%20clothes/10-1-08starsgame4.jpg

koriwhat
10-01-2008, 11:27 PM
those aren't the same spurs i saw earlier tonight at the game.

DPG21920
10-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Who is that next to chip?

Sissiborgo
10-02-2008, 04:23 AM
I think Spurs will take it this year they got the team

Obstructed_View
10-02-2008, 04:49 AM
The biggest problem I have with the WNBA is most of the team play is really lousy. Many of the top college teams are better just because the talent level is similar and the coaching level is far better. Watching a team jack up low percentage shots isn't my idea of entertaining. It's the same reason I didn't like watching the Celtics when they isolated Paul Pierce on every play.

TDMVPDPOY
10-02-2008, 05:26 AM
the look on duncans face in the first pic, WHY SO SERIOUS?

Obstructed_View
10-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Who is that next to chip?

Does Desmon Farmer have hair now?

DPG21920
10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Does Desmon Farmer have hair now?

???

Red Hawk #21
10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
It seems everyone here is rooting for the Stars, Im rooting for the Shock any day of the week. Deanna Nolan is one of my favorite Wnba Players, I hope they can win it all.

koriwhat
10-02-2008, 02:55 PM
i do admit.... the shock looked more poised and professional out on the court yesterday. their point and i think center/power forward were getting everything they wanted in the paint and from 5-10 ft out.

still though, the wnba, in terms of professional play, is light years behind the nba and i don't see it ever shortening that gap. women just aren't as physical, intimidating, athletic, poised, etc as their male counterparts. it is what it is. you can only do so much when you're limited. not trying to down women but it's a fact that there is a big distinction between both leagues and it doesn't just factor down to vaginas and dicks.

mavsfan1000
10-02-2008, 03:23 PM
NBA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WNBA. Not even close.

Obstructed_View
10-02-2008, 05:36 PM
???

What part of that don't you understand?

Flight3107
10-02-2008, 06:02 PM
It seems everyone here is rooting for the Stars,

Not me, I hope the Shock destroy the Stars after that stunt the little russian pulled earlier this year.

Red Hawk #21
10-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Not me, I hope the Shock destroy the Stars after that stunt the little russian pulled earlier this year.

Then I guess this one is for me and you and all the others who wanted the Shock to win : :toast

bdictjames
10-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Shock already won this before it has been started.

Dan Hughes needs to emphasize on defense; and Becky Hammon as good as she is needs to learn from Nash's mistakes as well.

Red Hawk #21
10-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Shock already won this before it has been started.

Dan Hughes needs to emphasize on defense; and Becky Hammon as good as she is needs to learn from Nash's mistakes as well.

I actually think Nash and Becky Hammon are an excellent comparison

bdictjames
10-05-2008, 09:42 PM
I actually think Nash and Becky Hammon are an excellent comparison
Shooting skills and defense-wise yes.

But dribbling and passing - shit. I cant even tell you how many turnovers Becky makes and for a guard her size she really should work out on creating opportunities for her self and others. She looked like a regular WNBA player out there against the Shock.

Red Hawk #21
10-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Shooting skills and defense-wise yes.

She looked like a regular WNBA player out there against the Shock.

Similar to how Steve Nash looks versus the Spurs.

bdictjames
10-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Similar to how Steve Nash looks versus the Spurs.
You are seriously underestimating Nash. Nash can still put up 18 points and 10 assists against the Spurs. What does Hammon average in this series? 14 points and 5/6 assists while playing 39 mins a game? no.